}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Hear, hear!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Galactic Communications » Hear, hear!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Petyr Baelish
Aedile


Joined: 20 May 2006
Posts: 702

 Post Posted: Tue, January 09th 2007 12:37am    Post subject: Hear, hear!
Reply with quote

A round of applause and champagne for the Empire and the Rebellion!

EDIT: Sorry about that, Ozzy... but you're not Zapp Brannigan. :p
_________________


2084rpg.net - Business, science, intrigue, and rebellion.

"Pazaak bores me. I often suspect my opponent of cheating. I prefer predictable games, such as galactic economics."


Last edited by Petyr Baelish on Tue, January 09th 2007 06:40pm; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Xaph
Cadet


Joined: 31 May 2006
Posts: 921

 Post Posted: Tue, January 09th 2007 02:45am    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Yes, congratulations on the war that has lasted so long and obviously has put such an exertion on your resources.
_________________
Can you refrain from playing with your immortality? - Lazer
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Velora Antana
ECP Member


Joined: 30 May 2006
Posts: 1611
Location: LOLtopia

 Post Posted: Tue, January 09th 2007 11:23am    Post subject:
Reply with quote

FFS, it's HEAR HEAR.

Huzzah!
_________________

-Grand Admiral, Chief of Staff of Nespis Defence Force-

"LOL DILDOS" - Cray | "FFS" - Ams | "Moff, you should know better." - Han

Alex says:
I outnumber him ten million to one
Alex says:
GOOD ODDS FOR ANY GREEK

Expand


Crazed says:
everytime i talk to alexus, i love him a little more

Holder of the 30,000th post

Inventor of the phrase "I'll get my killin' hat." (Seriously. Google it.)

"My gut can't repel comedy of that magnitude!" - Jace911
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Koto-Si News
Private First Class


Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 86

 Post Posted: Tue, January 09th 2007 03:06pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Ack, your idea of war disgusts me.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message
Gavin Onasi
Sergeant First Class


Joined: 29 May 2006
Posts: 590

 Post Posted: Tue, January 09th 2007 03:21pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Hmmph.....

Some "peace"


Its interesting how our leaders quickly surrendered when the Imperials showed force..... maybe its time for a change in guard.
_________________

credits: 34,976,000,000 credits



"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
-Ganner Rhysode


Last edited by Gavin Onasi on Tue, January 09th 2007 03:22pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Seska Armarosa
Private First Class


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 61

 Post Posted: Tue, January 09th 2007 09:49pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Three battles can hardly be classed as a war. Traumatizing as they must be for the Alliance a war is usually a bit more than that.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message
Ar'alani
Staff Sergeant


Joined: 09 Sep 2006
Posts: 484
Location: Vorzyd Cluster

 Post Posted: Tue, January 09th 2007 10:13pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Indeed, although I aplaud the Empire and the Alliance for coming to an agreement, especially with all of their differences. Bravo.
_________________
Admiral Ar'alani
Chief of Naval Intelligence
Oligarchy of Vita


Personal Assets:
50,349,629 Credits
-27,815 credits per Week
Modified CR90 Prowler
Weapons/Munitions Cache

"Nah, Shy's too good-looking to be Kerrigan." -Ams
"LOL. You had me going there for a minute." -Jace
*STAB* -Ams

"You guys are frakked up. I love you all." -Ams

"I present thee with thy Amulet of Lool*.
*Grants the user +10 Humor. Results may vary." -Jace
"Maybe if you had worn it, that joke would had been funny. :P" -Xaph

"And out of the ground the Lord God made every tree grow that is pleasant to the sight and good for food. The tree of life was also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil."
-Genesis 2:9


LONG LIVE DSCHINGHIS KHAN!


Last edited by Ar'alani on Wed, January 10th 2007 10:41am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message
Koto-Si News
Private First Class


Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 86

 Post Posted: Wed, January 10th 2007 01:11pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

That this was actually a war disgusts me. This was a skirmish.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message
Carnor Jax
ECP Member/Faction Lieutenant


Joined: 29 May 2006
Posts: 1304
Location: Just follow the trail of blood...

 Post Posted: Wed, January 10th 2007 02:11pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

One might suggest, Spaar, not asking for a war... I just might be obliged to give it to you.

The skirmishes fought over Geonosis, Korriban, and Thyferra were a demonstration of how effectively the Empire can gather its forces, and unleash them in effective synchronization. A demonstration not only to the Rebel Alliance, but to the rest of the galaxy the hazards of declaring war. The Rebels chose to take that declaration back, and quite frankly I am thankful for it. Wars only bring ruin to planets, all simply to place a name to the owners of the planet. Civilians care not to whom they pay their taxes, but that they pay them, and quite frankly if my home world were being fought over by rivaling governments because of some pissing match, I would be angered myself.

However, to those that believe that the Rebel Alliance ceded this war much too quickly, I have news for you. Given my personal dealings with certain members of Rebel Command, I can tell you that the decision was hard-fought among virtually the entire heirarchy of command. It finally took a meeting on foreign (to us) soil, a meeting between two individuals who rightly have an animosity towards one another, yet a peaceful accord was gained. To this, I applaud not only the Supreme Moff, but Chief of State Organa-Solo for their bravery and willingness to negotiate.

Having said this, however, I personally welcome any challengers to Imperial might. To those of you that say you wanted a war, I say these three words. Bring it on. I am tired of people assuming that, since we are now willing to negotiate, we have become pacifistic, even weak. The Empire is stronger than it ever has been, and to those that doubt I extend to you a personal invitation to throw your worst at us. In the end, we will simply laugh as we shrug off the blows, and return fire that will make the flames of Hell itself seem a cool breeze.

Your move.

Carnor Jax, Imperial War Liason
_________________
Protector of the Empire, "The Barry White of Buchery"

"Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Expand

"I gained [my votes] through "legal" means (read: bribes and threats)."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Xaph
Cadet


Joined: 31 May 2006
Posts: 921

 Post Posted: Wed, January 10th 2007 02:54pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Now, there is a speech to drink to.
_________________
Can you refrain from playing with your immortality? - Lazer
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member


Joined: 30 May 2006
Posts: 2465

 Post Posted: Wed, January 10th 2007 04:19pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Carnor Jax wrote:
One might suggest, Spaar, not asking for a war... I just might be obliged to give it to you.

The skirmishes fought over Geonosis, Korriban, and Thyferra were a demonstration of how effectively the Empire can gather its forces, and unleash them in effective synchronization. A demonstration not only to the Rebel Alliance, but to the rest of the galaxy the hazards of declaring war. The Rebels chose to take that declaration back, and quite frankly I am thankful for it. Wars only bring ruin to planets, all simply to place a name to the owners of the planet. Civilians care not to whom they pay their taxes, but that they pay them, and quite frankly if my home world were being fought over by rivaling governments because of some pissing match, I would be angered myself.

However, to those that believe that the Rebel Alliance ceded this war much too quickly, I have news for you. Given my personal dealings with certain members of Rebel Command, I can tell you that the decision was hard-fought among virtually the entire heirarchy of command. It finally took a meeting on foreign (to us) soil, a meeting between two individuals who rightly have an animosity towards one another, yet a peaceful accord was gained. To this, I applaud not only the Supreme Moff, but Chief of State Organa-Solo for their bravery and willingness to negotiate.

Having said this, however, I personally welcome any challengers to Imperial might. To those of you that say you wanted a war, I say these three words. Bring it on. I am tired of people assuming that, since we are now willing to negotiate, we have become pacifistic, even weak. The Empire is stronger than it ever has been, and to those that doubt I extend to you a personal invitation to throw your worst at us. In the end, we will simply laugh as we shrug off the blows, and return fire that will make the flames of Hell itself seem a cool breeze.

Your move.

Carnor Jax, Imperial War Liason


I can assure you Carnor Jax, Imperial War Liason, the entire Rebel High Command was in full unison with Chief of State Leia Organa Solo and her decision to make a peaceful end to the war. May I also remind you that the Senate voted for a diplomatic solution meaning the majority of all citizens in the Rebellion voted for that action.

In any case, your sheer determination of defeating any foe will be your utter end. You have a blind spot of over confidence and though I do not challenge you, because of the actions of our leaders, I suggest you calmly step off your pride to prevent any further escalations.

You may be a wonderful dancer, Mr. Jax, however, you will not win the dance of pride. Eventually, it will crush you.

_________________
Alatáriël Pallanén-Davad
Leader of the Zerconian Hive
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Carlist Rieekan
Master Sergeant


Joined: 30 May 2006
Posts: 728

 Post Posted: Wed, January 10th 2007 04:52pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Alright let's settle down here. This is to mark the end of a war not incite another.

Gavin Onasi wrote:
Hmmph.....

Some "peace"


Its interesting how our leaders quickly surrendered when the Imperials showed force..... maybe its time for a change in guard.

As for these derogatory remarks regarding the Alliance leadership, I feel they made the best decision possible under the circumstances.

Again, please do not allow this to escalate, we've only just finished one war.
_________________
Grand General Carlist Rieekan




Last edited by Carlist Rieekan on Wed, January 10th 2007 04:52pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message
Gavin Onasi
Sergeant First Class


Joined: 29 May 2006
Posts: 590

 Post Posted: Wed, January 10th 2007 05:21pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

If only certain leaders (they shall remain unnamed) had a spine we could have faught well. A good war is always better then a bad peace.
_________________

credits: 34,976,000,000 credits



"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
-Ganner Rhysode
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Han Solo
CMAC Artist


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 1705
Location: Wherever I end up...

 Post Posted: Wed, January 10th 2007 07:01pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Gavin Onasi wrote:
If only certain leaders (they shall remain unnamed) had a spine we could have faught well. A good war is always better then a bad peace.


I suggest you hold your tongue before ya bite it off, Onasi. If you want a war so bad, I'd be happy to oblige. Especially when you take cheap shots at my wife.
_________________
Han Solo; Captain of the Millennium Falcon



"You know, if you could apply that smuggler's brain to real politics, you'd be my equal."
"Meaning I wouldn't be able to just draw my blaster and shoot the politicians? What kind of a deal is that?"

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Gavin Onasi
Sergeant First Class


Joined: 29 May 2006
Posts: 590

 Post Posted: Wed, January 10th 2007 07:17pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Whatcha gunna do? Kill me? Arrest me? Torture me? Wait... right we arn't the Empire. Riight, so when we do become the Empire (or when we get absorbed by the Empire for that matter, since we can't seem to fight them) I will "hold my tounge."

It pains me to see what is becoming of the great Commonwealth due to the leadership of the Alliance.
_________________

credits: 34,976,000,000 credits



"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
-Ganner Rhysode
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Koto-Si News
Private First Class


Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 86

 Post Posted: Wed, January 10th 2007 07:26pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

So effective that you could stop the Great Purge? Yes. You are quite effective at not stopping the Great Purge. Yes Human Camps are doing quite well.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message
Carnor Jax
ECP Member/Faction Lieutenant


Joined: 29 May 2006
Posts: 1304
Location: Just follow the trail of blood...

 Post Posted: Wed, January 10th 2007 07:36pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Alatáriël Pallanén wrote:
I can assure you Carnor Jax, Imperial War Liason, the entire Rebel High Command was in full unison with Chief of State Leia Organa Solo and her decision to make a peaceful end to the war. May I also remind you that the Senate voted for a diplomatic solution meaning the majority of all citizens in the Rebellion voted for that action.

In any case, your sheer determination of defeating any foe will be your utter end. You have a blind spot of over confidence and though I do not challenge you, because of the actions of our leaders, I suggest you calmly step off your pride to prevent any further escalations.

You may be a wonderful dancer, Mr. Jax, however, you will not win the dance of pride. Eventually, it will crush you.


Wonderful words, Lady Davad... yet how little you pay attention to the actual facts. Much as my past dealings with you.

If we truly were determined to defeat any foe, the Supreme Moff would not have arrived at Mon Calamari to negotiate the peace. We simply would have crushed you. We set out to prove a point, that point was proven, and we have pulled back to allow you the opportunity to correct your mistake. Your senate voted to attempt diplomacy where your war effort failed.

Do not mistake confidence for overconfidence, Lady Davad. My presumption may be that we can defeat any foe... but to this date, I have yet to see proof of my fallacy, or my mistake. And until I receive such, I shall continue to state what I have stated before. None can stand against us and survive.

To those of you fuming at my words, I offer you this ultimatum. Put up, or shut up. There exists no middle ground.
_________________
Protector of the Empire, "The Barry White of Buchery"

"Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Expand

"I gained [my votes] through "legal" means (read: bribes and threats)."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Salla Vivek
Private First Class


Joined: 29 May 2006
Posts: 51

 Post Posted: Wed, January 10th 2007 08:21pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Gavin Onasi wrote:
Whatcha gunna do? Kill me? Arrest me? Torture me? Wait... right we arn't the Empire. Riight, so when we do become the Empire (or when we get absorbed by the Empire for that matter, since we can't seem to fight them) I will "hold my tounge."

It pains me to see what is becoming of the great Commonwealth due to the leadership of the Alliance.


No, we're not the Empire. So, with that in mind, I'm going to string you up by your balls and put you on display to show the shame of the Alliance. How does that sound?

I bet that got your attention. And I hope it teaches you not to mess with the leaders or heroes of the Rebellion, you sad, sad man.
_________________
Commander Salla Vivek


 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message
Gavin Onasi
Sergeant First Class


Joined: 29 May 2006
Posts: 590

 Post Posted: Wed, January 10th 2007 08:24pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Listen here nancy, you can be all butch and lesbian like you want, there is no way in hell you will get near my balls... no matter how drunk I get. Not to mention its hard to look shameful after the pititful peacetreaty we signed. There is no shame left for the alliance. We have offically become the bitch of the Empire, all thanks to our "leaders" and "heros"
_________________

credits: 34,976,000,000 credits



"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
-Ganner Rhysode
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Salla Vivek
Private First Class


Joined: 29 May 2006
Posts: 51

 Post Posted: Wed, January 10th 2007 08:31pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

....I'm not interested in your balls.....even if they did exist.

Good day, sir.
_________________
Commander Salla Vivek


 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message
Gavin Onasi
Sergeant First Class


Joined: 29 May 2006
Posts: 590

 Post Posted: Wed, January 10th 2007 08:32pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Ooo... ouch.... good one. It almost was a real insult. Congrats on a good attempt.
_________________

credits: 34,976,000,000 credits



"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
-Ganner Rhysode
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Salla Vivek
Private First Class


Joined: 29 May 2006
Posts: 51

 Post Posted: Wed, January 10th 2007 08:34pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

It wasn't meant to be an insult. It was a deliberate statement of fact.
_________________
Commander Salla Vivek


 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message
Gavin Onasi
Sergeant First Class


Joined: 29 May 2006
Posts: 590

 Post Posted: Wed, January 10th 2007 08:36pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Trying to continue the "streak" eh barbie?
_________________

credits: 34,976,000,000 credits



"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
-Ganner Rhysode
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Daara Zend
Private


Joined: 22 Jun 2006
Posts: 38

 Post Posted: Wed, January 10th 2007 08:43pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

No, Commander, I believe the Captain is correct. It is obvious to the entire galaxy anyone such as you, an abandoner to the only true cause in the galaxy, has no testicular fortitude.
_________________
Grand Admiral Daara Zend

Expand


Last edited by Daara Zend on Wed, January 10th 2007 08:44pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 8644
Location: Coruscant

 Post Posted: Wed, January 10th 2007 08:46pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Fascinating. A Rebel and an Imperial agreeing. Who'd have thought it could occur?
_________________

Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segments, Director of Imperial Intelligence
Expand

Galaxy Map|Board and RPG Rules|Game Guide

"The Preying Mantis often sizes up a potential mate while wearing too much eyeliner..." - Velora

"You are so cool, you make James Bond proud..." - My Dad... sarcastically. Don't try to juggle cutlery. :p
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Galactic Communications » Hear, hear!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum