}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Black Night
Goto page 1, 2  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Denon » Black Night
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyler Korrel
Corporal

Post Posted: Tue, December 19th 2006 01:21pm    Post subject: Black Night

The Black Night is a custom freighter built by Cyler Korrel. The ship is smaller than most freighters, at 17.5 meters long, 13.5 meters wide, and 6.6 meters high. Though generally smaller, the bounty hunter's ship is heavily armed. Two Getaway Concussion Missile Launchers are installed under the wings, as well as two wing mounted XK-7 Composite-Beam Lasers. Retractible Discord Missiles are stored in compartments on either side of the main body. It is also armed with proton torpedos, depth charges, as well as a tractor beam. An auto turret watches the interior of the ship, with the capibility to punch through grade-B armour. Cyler's partner, CL-0, can punch in hyperspace co-ordinates for him, mannage other navigational systems as well as man the retactible rear turret located under the craft's chin. Like the Slave One of Boba Fett, Cyler Korrel's Black Night is a symbol of fear.

Current Location: Denon Golan Battle Station

Bounty hunter, smuggler, soilder.
Mercenary for hire.

Captian of the Black Night

"It's nothing personal. Just part of the job."

15,058,940 Cr.

Last edited by Cyler Korrel on Wed, January 03rd 2007 01:44am; edited 9 times in total
 Back to top »
Cyler Korrel
Corporal

Post Posted: Tue, December 19th 2006 04:50pm    Post subject:

The silver hawk-winged freighter tumbled out of hyperspace. The sleek craft wisphered in the empty vacum, then desended through atmosphere of Onderon.

The Black Night reached the Iziz Spaceport six minutes later. She soared over the various YT Freightors, starfighters, landspeeders, and uther unidentifiable craft docked there.

Cyler brought the ship over an empty landing pad, and extened the talon like landing gear. The mighty engines rotated forty-five degrees. Moments later, the reasosfolifts kicked in, spraying dust in all directons. The ship settled onto the titanium pad, its engines gringing to a halt.

The Black Night is at Onderon.

Mercenary for hire.

15,058,940 Cr.

Last edited by Cyler Korrel on Tue, December 19th 2006 08:28pm; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
Cyler Korrel
Corporal

Post Posted: Wed, December 20th 2006 10:13pm    Post subject:

Cyler clammered onto the Black Night. He shouted at CL-0,

"Get the ship off the planet, we'll decide where we're going later."

CL-0 nodded, and the ship rose. It soared into the blackness of space, silent and deadly.

"You can hook yourself up to the turret port downstairs. I'll fly from here." He said with a nod.

"Understanding: As you wish, master." And CL-0 drifted down the narrow stairs.

"Now then... where to?" Cyler asked himself as he went over his galaxy map.

Black Night is in orbit.

Mercenary for hire.

15,058,940 Cr.
 Back to top »
Cyler Korrel
Corporal

Post Posted: Thu, December 21st 2006 03:22pm    Post subject:

Cyler finished typing in the hyperspace co-ordinates.

"We're finaly getting out of this hellhole. Hold on."

He called to CL-0. The Black Night lurched forward, slipping into the realm of hyperspace.

The Black Night is enroute to Denon.

Mercenary for hire.

15,058,940 Cr.
 Back to top »
Cyler Korrel
Corporal

Post Posted: Thu, December 21st 2006 05:50pm    Post subject:

The Black Night tumbled out of hyperspace above the spiralling jewel of Denon. The light ship desended down to the planet.

"This is Cyler Korrel of the Black Night. Requesting permission to land." Cyler voiced over his transponder. As he did, he slipped his weapons under the smuggling compartment behind him. In case of inspection. locking the compartment, he said,

"Over?"

The Black Night is at Denon.

Mercenary for hire.

15,058,940 Cr.
 Back to top »
Cyler Korrel
Corporal

Post Posted: Fri, December 22nd 2006 12:57am    Post subject:

Thanks! Now I just need someone from the surface to talk to... :P

Mercenary for hire.

15,058,940 Cr.
 Back to top »
Ackbar
Corporal

Post Posted: Fri, December 22nd 2006 03:18am    Post subject:

Admins, if I did this wrong, please tell me.

"Attention Black Night. We acknowledge you. Please state your business and last three ports of call."
Cyler Korrel
Corporal

Post Posted: Fri, December 22nd 2006 12:38pm    Post subject:

"Last three ports? Onderon, Bespin, and Contruum. My buisness... is really sir, to get a drink." Cyler said. He had some friends on Denon. And prehaps it was the best spot to meet Trassk and his crew. Cyler made sure the smuggler's compartment was locked.

"Am I cleared to land?"

Mercenary for hire.

15,058,940 Cr.
 Back to top »
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Fri, December 22nd 2006 02:33pm    Post subject:

As per Security Chief's orders a military fleet blocked the exits for the small vessel. It had come to the very heart of the Rebellion and with the Senate in session, everything was nearly under the most prestige lockdown. Although this man had carelessly tossed his name and his vessel over public channels, it was not enough to convict him of any foul past.

"You are cleared to land..." the Security officer stated but spoke again, "After an entire inventory and personal check. You have clearance to the Denon Golan Battle Station located directly in front of you."

Either way, this vessel was undergoing a search.... A Mon Calamari 100b coasted dangerously nearby, waiting for any sign of aggression.

Cyler Korrel
Corporal

Post Posted: Fri, December 22nd 2006 03:48pm    Post subject:

Great. A small Rebel blockade was forming in front of Cyler—not something he had planed for.

Cyler himself had served with the Rebels for two years as a Captain of a Crusader-Class Corvette, and also had worked with the SpecOps. Then everything had fallen out from under him. He had once appreciated them—their tactics, motives. But he now felt disgust—no disgust wasn't the word. Pity. They ran their fleets without honor, aggressively fought the Imperials on the holonet, not in wars, and despised people like Cyler and Han. He had heard that Han's own wife had tried to have him fired. But now was not time for remembrance. The court marshal, how they had stripped him of his rank, how his prized ship had been put under some other petty officer, his commando squad being put under new leadership, just making it out with his ship... that was something to be thought about later.

Cyler brought himself back to the matter at hand. A 100b at his port, two X-wings at starboard, and a few other ships in front of him. Not good. And all he wanted was a Corellian Ale. He would co-operate. They shouldn't find anything, and if they did, he would simply leave. Or so he hoped.

"I copy."

Mercenary for hire.

15,058,940 Cr.

Last edited by Cyler Korrel on Fri, December 22nd 2006 05:32pm; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Fri, December 22nd 2006 03:58pm    Post subject:

"We appreciate your cooperation, Mr. Cyler Korrel, you must realize that at such eventful times, such things are required for your own safety." The Security officer gave him coordinates to Golan Port B and the procedures he would be undergoing. Bluntly, his entire ship would be scanned and checked, an astro droid team would connect and locate anything in the logs and all secret portions of the vessel unaccounted for, etc.
Cyler Korrel
Corporal

Post Posted: Fri, December 22nd 2006 04:24pm    Post subject:

"As you wish."

Cyler's ship glided towards the Golan Station. He quickly emtied his logs onto a couple of datapads and stored them in the smugglers compartment incase of a hardrive search. Cyler wasn't sure, but a Disruptor Rifle might be illegal at the center of the Rebellion. So might be 13 thermal detornators, a pair of plasma SMGs, a couple of P-19s, throwing knives, a dual bladed vibroblade, an M4 Rifle, a A95 Sniper, and several clips of ammo of all sorts.

He had never trusted Rebel security, even when he was working with them. Making the last few adjustments, he entered the station.

The Black Night is now at Denon Golan Battle Station.

Mercenary for hire.

15,058,940 Cr.

Last edited by Cyler Korrel on Fri, December 22nd 2006 07:14pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Cyler Korrel
Corporal

Post Posted: Fri, December 22nd 2006 11:19pm    Post subject:

Cyler came down the ramp of the Black Night. The Defense station was not of any splender, and none of the Rebels seemed to happy to see him. He walked over to the Captian of the inspection crew.

"You can scan the ship... there's a few weapons onboard if you must know, and I don't want any of them damaged. Or any of the ship's sytems. They're very delicate. For that matter, don't mess with anything."

Sighing, he waked into a white room to where he could watch the inspection from behind glass. Here interogation would most likely happen. The Alliance personel began to board the ship.

Cyler remembered what it was like to have men like that under him, aboard his SpecOps Crusader-Class Mark II Corvette. The good men under him... and his fall from grace. The ship-- the Frozen Past. He coldly looked out on th Rebel soilders. He starred at one in paticular, until the man made an efort to turn away. He hopped this whole thing would be over soon.

Mercenary for hire.

15,058,940 Cr.
 Back to top »
Admiral Audacious
Private First Class

Post Posted: Sat, December 23rd 2006 06:33pm    Post subject:

ZIM looked at the human that was before him.

”Pitiful” he thought to himself. He would not last long, especially if he was in fact hiding something. But for now, he would need to see to it that he do his job.

”Mr. Korrel.” he said to the man, having learned his actual last name. While it was difficult to do with the way his voice recorder was programmed, he tried to sound as unthreatening as possible.

”I have come on behalf of Alliance Security to apologize for the overly long amount of time it is taking to scan and search your ship. We are currently testing new scanning software, and you have come under the rather unfortunate circumstance of being on of the vessels that this software is being tested on before it comes into widespread use. As such, it may be a while longer before we finish.”

He reached behind him to a droid that had accompanied him and took a beer from the droid. He then handed it to Cyler.

”Alliance Security would like to apologize for any inconvenience that we may have caused you, and hope that we can make it up to you in the long run.”
Cyler Korrel
Corporal

Post Posted: Sat, December 23rd 2006 09:03pm    Post subject:

"Thank you sir." Cyler causually said, still not facing the droid. Cyler stared at the cybernetic creation through the reflection in the glass. The droid was slightly intimidating, but it didn't bother him. He sipped the beer and said, still not facing him,

"The beers good. Thanks." He took another sip. Denon Ale. Good stuff. Finally turning to the droid, and taking a quick look, he asked,

"So, that it? I have a feeling a special search of my ship was not something random. Aryln?"

Note: The Crusader Mrk. II! :P :
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/8171/crusadermrkiinq9.png
YAH! :P

Mercenary for hire.

15,058,940 Cr.

Last edited by Cyler Korrel on Sat, December 23rd 2006 09:44pm; edited 4 times in total
 Back to top »
Admiral Audacious
Private First Class

Post Posted: Sun, December 24th 2006 01:03am    Post subject:

”Excellent.” ZIM thought as the man took the beer and drank.

”Honestly, your ship is not the only one being searched and scanned right now.” the droid answered, continuing to try to portray himself as unmenacing as possible. ”There have been reports that an organization has put a bounty out for the humiliation of a certain Denon Senator. Not surprisingly, there has been a slight increase in traffic to the planet as well. I’m certain that you’re smart enough to draw the remaining conclusions yourself.”

ZIM moved in closer to look at the mans ship, but refrained from touching it. It was certainly not anything he recognized. Either a newer model that had been developed in between his old days and now, or custom made.

”The choice to use your ship to test the new scanning software was not by random selection, however. As you guessed, Arlyn did have a roll in that.”

ZIM turned to face Mr. Korrel again.

”An interesting ship you have here.” He stated, trying to move to a different topic and put the man at ease. ”I don’t believe I’ve seen anything like it before. Did you build it?”

What about the Crusader Mrk. II?
Cyler Korrel
Corporal

Post Posted: Sun, December 24th 2006 02:17am    Post subject:

That's something else. Don't worry. :P

"Yes I did. The entire frame was built by me, and much of the systems were wired by me. I was able to get a few Corriliean techs to help at some point at another. It's very good for a quick drop, engines rotatable, the works. Like it?"

The Crusader MRK. II was Cyler's old ship. I thought I'd just post a picture or something.

Mercenary for hire.

15,058,940 Cr.
 Back to top »
Space Jawa
Commander

Post Posted: Sun, December 24th 2006 02:30am    Post subject:

I really need to work on not doing this any more. Would an admin mind deleting this post? Thanks!

Assets:
3,054,300 Credits
Modifications
YKL-37R Nova Courier Schizophrenia
Stuff abord the Schizophrenia

------------------------------------------------

Star Wars: It doesn't have to make any sense!

Last edited by Space Jawa on Sun, December 24th 2006 10:56am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Admiral Audacious
Private First Class

Post Posted: Sun, December 24th 2006 10:54am    Post subject:

Truthfully, ZIM thought it was no more special than any other ship in the galaxy. It would be any special internal systems in held that would determine whether it was special or not. The only thing that impressed him about it was that he had gone to the trouble of designing and building his own ship.

”I neither like nor dislike the design. I simply think that it is unique. However, the fact that you built it yourself does say something about you.

He left the what it said up to Cyler to either interpret for himself or ask ZIM about.

Last edited by Admiral Audacious on Sun, December 24th 2006 10:55am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Cyler Korrel
Corporal

Post Posted: Sun, December 24th 2006 11:55pm    Post subject:

Cyler nodded. The man, or droid, made sense.

"Thank you. I take pride in it. Any questions, Mr....?"

Mercenary for hire.

15,058,940 Cr.
 Back to top »
Admiral Audacious
Private First Class

Post Posted: Mon, December 25th 2006 03:07am    Post subject:

”The name is not important. You can simply call me Praetor.” ZIM told him, not giving his name, either of them, and using the term that the Security Chief has used as an alternative to Admiral. It would prove less for him to be suspicious about, and not provide as much sense of authority.

ZIM also realized that he had run out of things to use to try to make small talk with this man. And none too soon, as this nice act was not suited for him.

”After talking to you, it seems to me that the Security Chiefs distrust in you was misplaced. I’ll see what I can do to shorten the scan and search time, and let you finish your drink. Pull some strings. Possibly see if I can get them to use the current scanning software instead. I should warn you though that I may not be able to get very far, so you shouldn’t get your hopes up too much. I shall return once I’ve seen what I can do.”

With that, ZIM turned around and began to walk away from the ship, followed by the same droids that had come with him. It would be a matter of waiting now.
Cyler Korrel
Corporal

Post Posted: Mon, December 25th 2006 03:21am    Post subject:

"Well, thank you Mr. Preator. It was a pleasure. And if you get to the weapons in the hold, please, leave them untouched. I hope that we meet again."

A reasonable droid-thing. Nice. The beer was good. But Cyler was still nervous. If Aryln had put this 'Preator' on him, something was not right. If new scanning software was being tested on him, something could be drift there as well. And if it was all a test, then there was most definetly something wrong.And with that. Cyler took a long drink of his beer.

Mercenary for hire.

15,058,940 Cr.
 Back to top »
Admiral Audacious
Private First Class

Post Posted: Tue, December 26th 2006 10:52pm    Post subject:

It was a matter of waiting now. ZIM stood in the stations security center, watching Cyler through a holocamera feed. Cyler would have no way of knowing that he was being watched by the droid, of course. And unless he was smarter than ZIM gave him credit for, Cyler didn’t suspect a thing. At least, not anything that needed to be worried about.

He could probably go back down as it was already. But ZIM wanted to be absolutely sure. He would wait for the man to finish his drink and then move in. If it took a while, well, he already had a negative image of the winged woman. It would not be hard to tell him that his attempts had simply taken a while.
Cyler Korrel
Corporal

Post Posted: Wed, December 27th 2006 03:53pm    Post subject:

Cyler Korrel finished his drink. He stood with his back to the camera in the corner of the room. He would appear to the unsuspicous man a simple hunter, finishing his drink. But it was not so. His training with the Rebels had taught him much about tactics in both land and air, and space. He also knew Rebel procedures. Five years ago, when the Alliance was more unorganized, this strange inspection might not have caught his attention. But now, they were far to organized to simply conduct something strange like this without any reasoning behind it. It was test of some sort. Not nessicarly for him though. No, he was more of the victim. That ment he was not a contestant, meaning he could bend the rules. Setting the empty bottle down, he turned to the camera, his blaster pistol concealed.

"Thanks for the drink." He said in a dead monotone. Cyler then blasted the camera with his pistol.

Mercenary for hire.

15,058,940 Cr.

Last edited by Cyler Korrel on Wed, December 27th 2006 05:41pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Admiral Audacious
Private First Class

Post Posted: Wed, December 27th 2006 05:19pm    Post subject:

Not so fast. You may be able to outrun other ships, but even the Falcon had to have the Death Stars tractor beams disabled before it could escape.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Denon » Black Night
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: