}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Bounty Hunters
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Questions and Suggestions » Bounty Hunters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xaph
Cadet

Post Posted: Sun, December 10th 2006 03:19pm    Post subject:

Ams, why is it you only pick one point from my arguement and focus on it (as usual)? I thought the NPC list was a very good idea, but apparently, you're too hooked on the idea of PK-ing.
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Sun, December 10th 2006 03:44pm    Post subject:

I think he was referring to my comment.

Killing VVD or Tavion Starr, for that matter, was perfectly legal and neither situation was a godmod. I didn't just walk up and stab either in the face, but they willingly boarded my ship. Trap.

Life and Death is something the players need to understand. Walking your character into a possible trap is something you MUST consider, like all RL politicians do. Padme was attacked several times, but because she took precations, she lived.

Look at it this way, even in today's world, assasinations are possible but extremely difficult. You have to have the tools and the drive. Not to mention the chance. It took Cassie Mehaan, or whatever her name was, months before she was able to get to Han Solo. [And only hours to get access to all the Rebel Alliance asset and military operations and planetary defenses that are only available to High Command :( ]

I think new players can be placed on a kind of probration of their killing rights, lol... For example, Cassie had no drive to kill anyone til the Galaxy Ball grew closer. Then she went into crazy detail about how she HATED Han Solo... It went from a benevolent character to someone so mildly insane about murder...

Mortality in this game needs to be discussed considerably. I think that a character death between players should be discussed rationally. Having a FS duel with Yoogle and a dark side adept is useless. It's in Yoogle's nature to eliminate the dark side threat, if there is no chance of light side redemption and yet, that's impossible because of the rules of the game. It stops a portion of character development.

Half the people on this forum are developing far more into their characters nowadays than OOC and personal attacks. I used to be like that, I'm not perfect, when I learned that Calias Ketra was killed by two bounty hunters that somehow landed on Geonosis, snuck past his guards and got into a spire where he was pretty much defenseless.... I was pissed, but not only was it personal, it was Arlyn's personal goal to find the attackers and serve justice. I didn't take it out on the players of those characters, as they were given permission by CMAC, but I did hate the chatacters. [Eventually Arlyn and Jase even came to conclusion...] So its not impossible...
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Sun, December 10th 2006 03:48pm    Post subject:

I want to add that CMAC is not being blamed or ridiculed in any way. I respect them GREATLY and I would prefer that if you wish to respond to anything I have said please keep it as kind and as respectful as possible.

If you want to point something out that I may have missed or forgotten, please do…nicely. :P

Thanks...
Space Jawa
Commander

Post Posted: Sun, December 10th 2006 04:22pm    Post subject:

If nothing else, you should have at least been allowed to hold him prisoner, force him to RP his own escape.

Assets:
3,054,300 Credits
Modifications
YKL-37R Nova Courier Schizophrenia
Stuff abord the Schizophrenia

------------------------------------------------

Star Wars: It doesn't have to make any sense!
 Back to top »
Jase Denora
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Sun, December 10th 2006 04:33pm    Post subject:

Conclusion?

What about the 3 bil that Arlyn posted for Jase's head? That hardly coincided with the "conclusion" they had come to at the Galaxy Ball.

We all know the truth Alex, you'd still like to see Jase dead. Btw, I was young in the game at the time. Sure, landing on Geonosis might have been somewhat of a stretch; but Jase and Fett didn't sneak through the guards. They fragged their way through quite a few of them.

Lt. Colonel Jase Denora
Leader of The Unknowns, Rogue Jedi, Smexy
The Hugh Hefner of Homicide

Jedi Powers: FS Roll
DT-III Armor: Having the right connections
Mace Windu's Lightsaber: Clever plotting
Getting away with murder: Priceless

Holder of the 10,000th post

Expand

Last edited by Jase Denora on Sun, December 10th 2006 04:38pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Tyro
Private First Class

Post Posted: Sun, December 10th 2006 04:33pm    Post subject:

As a bounty hunter I support the motion for NPC bountys. I have not been hired once in the months I have been playing. It is slightly boreing just reading the things others post. Anything CMAC can do to improve this situation would be greatly appreciated. :)

Don't mess with a merc.

Personal funds: 39,275 credits
 Back to top »
Trassk
Staff Sergeant

Post Posted: Sun, December 10th 2006 04:42pm    Post subject:

Now that I just hired you, that point is kind of moot. :P
-1,165,126 Per Week

"If Godzilla had a gun..."
–Jase Denora

"THE SHARK'S NOT WORKING!"
-Random person working on JAWS

"Beavers and ducks!"
-Some guy on BANDITS.

"I should face my fears by leaping off a roof?"
-Jace

One Trandoshan's a problem. Two is a fight. Three is suicide.
 Back to top »
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Sun, December 10th 2006 05:39pm    Post subject:

Jase Denora wrote:
Conclusion?

What about the 3 bil that Arlyn posted for Jase's head? That hardly coincided with the "conclusion" they had come to at the Galaxy Ball.

We all know the truth Alex, you'd still like to see Jase dead. Btw, I was young in the game at the time. Sure, landing on Geonosis might have been somewhat of a stretch; but Jase and Fett didn't sneak through the guards. They fragged their way through quite a few of them.

Um... that was something ENTIRELY different. I'm afraid.

And fragged your way into the battle spire, with shields and close to a million Geonosians. Riiiight. But I don't really care about the past.
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Sun, December 10th 2006 06:06pm    Post subject:

I'm not singling anyone out or attacking anyone. :p The tone of my last post was partly do to frustration and defensiveness. Some of the previous comments had seemed... provocative.

However, this does seem to be a growing issue. CMAC will look into alternatives for the current setup.

Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segments, Director of Imperial Intelligence
Expand

Galaxy Map|Board and RPG Rules|Game Guide

"The Preying Mantis often sizes up a potential mate while wearing too much eyeliner..." - Velora

"You are so cool, you make James Bond proud..." - My Dad... sarcastically. Don't try to juggle cutlery. :p
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Sun, December 10th 2006 06:08pm    Post subject:

Great, thanks Ams. :)
Space Jawa
Commander

Post Posted: Sun, December 10th 2006 06:14pm    Post subject:

Thankie thankie! :P

Assets:
3,054,300 Credits
Modifications

Back to top »
Natalie Pearson
Staff Sergeant

Post Posted: Sun, December 10th 2006 09:49pm    Post subject:

Player Characters aren't invincible; look at what happened to James.

Superior Moff Natalie Pearson
PalpySlut Second Class

"... it's "Voila," you inbred piece of --hey look, a butterfly... " - Rory
 Back to top »
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Sun, December 10th 2006 09:59pm    Post subject:

Was it accepted by the player to allow that character to die? Yes. And that's not the point of my debate. :P
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Sun, December 10th 2006 10:30pm    Post subject:

Space Jawa wrote:
If nothing else, you should have at least been allowed to hold him prisoner, force him to RP his own escape.

Actually, I believe that were the conditions. I forget the fine details, though.

On the case of character deaths - I'm gonna have to disagree with you Ams. Life and death happen in real life and I feel that it should be present here. James illustrated this perfectly when someone complained about working so hard to get a character to this point only to die. That happens in real life. And I think we should take that into consideration.

I'm not supporting going around and just killing characters. It still has to be done within the rules of the game and fairly. I'm against not being able to kill characters at all that aren't NPC.

"You know, if you could apply that smuggler's brain to real politics, you'd be my equal."
"Meaning I wouldn't be able to just draw my blaster and shoot the politicians? What kind of a deal is that?"

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Sun, December 10th 2006 10:45pm    Post subject:

Neither I nor the rules ever said it was EXPRESSLY forbidden. However, suckering someone in then screwing them over is what I have a severe problem with. (Not pointing fingers... just saying...) :p

Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segments, Director of Imperial Intelligence
Expand

"The Preying Mantis often sizes up a potential mate while wearing too much eyeliner..." - Velora

"You are so cool, you make James Bond proud..." - My Dad... sarcastically. Don't try to juggle cutlery. :p
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Sun, December 10th 2006 10:47pm    Post subject:

It just seems that someone people believed it was forbidden.

And screwing people over like that happens in real life too. :P

"You know, if you could apply that smuggler's brain to real politics, you'd be my equal."
"Meaning I wouldn't be able to just draw my blaster and shoot the politicians? What kind of a deal is that?"

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Sun, December 10th 2006 10:49pm    Post subject:

Right... and you can do it IC. :p But it gets out of character, well... I don't think ANYONE here would appreciate to be in that situation.

Expand

Back to top »
Thrawn
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Mon, December 11th 2006 12:02am    Post subject:

Wait wait ...

Screwing people over is bad? I'm an Imperial! It's in my job description! AMS!
 Back to top »
Tiara Tranada
Lieutenant Commander

Post Posted: Mon, December 11th 2006 05:09am    Post subject:

LOL! They mean screwing over somebody IC because you have issues OOC. Also I believe that when they say screwing someone over they mean the player, not their character. IE destroying all of somebody's characters because you don't like the way they used one particular character.

Colonel Tiara Tranada
Agent Stentax 666

Back to top »
Luke Skywalker
CMAC Associate

Post Posted: Mon, December 11th 2006 06:36am    Post subject:

I believe that CMAC was originally formed to prevent wanton death and destruction but maintain a level of realism in that regard. Since it WAS called the Character Mortality and Abduction Council or something similar.
CMAC Webmaster

Post Posted: Mon, December 11th 2006 12:57pm    Post subject:

My take at this is that bounty hunting is absolutely no different from personal combat practices...you're just doing it to get money. So, the rules should be the same. You would first approach the character you plan to capture/kill, if he denies your request, then you go to CMAC.

I would note, however, that I take a more Amsish approach to it. I would rather see more capture bounties for PC characters than assassinations, because it could very easily get out of hand. If we allow one assassination, I can imagine every other bounty hunter in the game would say "but you approved it for *so and so*!"
Private First Class

Post Posted: Mon, December 11th 2006 04:51pm    Post subject:

Alatáriël Pallanén wrote:

Um... that was something ENTIRELY different. I'm afraid.

And fragged your way into the battle spire, with shields and close to a million Geonosians. Riiiight. But I don't really care about the past.

The Geonosians really shouldn't count...they're nothing more than cannon fodder, horrible combatants. The only ones that show even the faintest glint of a challenge are the Elites...and even they can be taken out swiftly woth the right tools.

Though I can completely understand how Jase and Boba got through them like a hot knife through butter. You're talking about Jase Denora and Boba Fett, two of the most dangerous killers in this game. :P

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Mon, December 11th 2006 04:59pm    Post subject:

Actually, since Intelligence agents have canon Echani hand-to-hand training... :p

Expand

Back to top »
RC-1207
Private First Class

Post Posted: Mon, December 11th 2006 05:03pm    Post subject:

Ams Jendob wrote:
Actually, since Intelligence agents have canon Echani hand-to-hand training... :p

Hand to hand is nothing if said agent has no intact skull. Snipers > all :P

Last edited by RC-1207 on Mon, December 11th 2006 05:05pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Space Jawa
Commander

Post Posted: Mon, December 11th 2006 05:06pm    Post subject:

RC-1207 wrote:
Hnad to hand is nothing if said agent has no intact skull. Snipers > all :P

Lets see how well your snipers do once they've had a couple hundred dozen pounds worth of explosives dropped on their heads.

Ain't so deadly now, are you! :P

Assets:
3,054,300 Credits
Modifications

Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Questions and Suggestions » Bounty Hunters
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: