}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Xozhixi's Far Point, Xozhixi Surrounding Territories
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Thyferra » Xozhixi's Far Point, Xozhixi Surrounding Territories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jake Callahan
Private First Class

Post Posted: Thu, December 07th 2006 06:43pm    Post subject: Xozhixi's Far Point, Xozhixi Surrounding Territories

The speeder was silent as it cruised under the Imperial attack above their world. Jake's face was filled with a dark and disturbing shadow from the failing light. Their homeworld might be under siege for several days and something told them, every citizen on Thyferra would be preparing for utter and total war. Even the abundant bacta supplies was rumored for being shipped and distributed to heavy compounds under the direction of the Rebel Alliance, in order to prevent the valuable substance from falling into enemy hands. That wasn't what had disturbed the black haired emo teenager, but another source of information.

The fleet sent to Thyferra's rescue was recalled.

Jake's life had taken a terrible turn, but then again, so did everyone's on Thyferra. Landon's voice pierced the silence, "They won't get away with this, you know." Jake turned from his plain stares ahead and, "I know." was his simple response. Landon turned and stared into the dark sky, his own personal processing of the situation tormenting his mind. The skies of Thyferra were normally filled with millions of speeders and various transports, yet presently it was now ghastly empty. The military was preparing to ground speeder and transport flights, however, very little were still in the air. They were at home with their families, riots forming on streets, flocking to churches and other dooms day events.

It was, however, becoming more peaceful like the calm before the massive windstorms. The people were feeling the dread, but something empowered them. The adrenaline of their homeworld drove fathers, brothers, uncles, and neighbors to pick up a blaster and head to the Rebel military bases. Plans of invasion were laid out and carefully distributed throughout the people.

"The Senate will vote to protect our world." Landon continued after a moment’s silence. Jake was too afraid to answer him. Whether it was the fear of disappointing him or the fear of refuting his mental defense mechanisms, it stopped him from opening his mouth. "Our Senators..." Landon’s voice cracked.

Jake felt something and acted on it, "The Senate will act too slowly. By the time they build up the momentum, the battle will be over here." Jake was more offensive than he meant to be and apologized afterwards. Landon looked up and the visibility of the stars had not yet formed. Both wondered if they would be able to see the display of the Rebel’s slaughter instead of the serenity of the starry night skies.

"Where are we going?" Landon changed the subject with a question Jake didn't know the answer to. He had simply been steering them as far away from the academy as possible... But his question was answered by a broadcast, "Civilian speeder. You are to drop speeds and follow the map that has been sent to you. It's a refugee center about 21.4 kilometers from your current position."

Jake picked up the communication device that was installed into his speeder, "Understood. Following coordinates." he was basic and as militaristic as possible. Adjusting his course and speed, Landon and Jake were off to a Rebel sanctuary for a possible oncoming land invasion force.
 Back to top »
Jake Callahan
Private First Class

Post Posted: Fri, December 08th 2006 02:57am    Post subject:

The rest of the trip was silent with only the engine of the speeder roaring in haste. The starry skies sparkled with a twisted sense of serenity as it failed to show the barrage of the enemy vessels attacking their peaceful homeworld with only a fraction of light visible from sensors. Jake kept his eyes on the task before him and refrained from looking upwards and imagining the battle scene unfolding in space.. A battle, especially one that would decide the fate of his world, terrified him. Another military voice sounded on the radio directing them into some sort of open hangar and Jake acknowledged the man and moved in the given direction.

Landon shivered slightly and Jake first noticed the coldness of the night. He had been so overwhelmed with the fate of his mother in the battle overhead and the possible sight of Imperial troops landing, he hadn't noticed the sheer cold winds and his own body slightly quivering. Jake began to recognize the presence of fear and the control it had over his body and mind. His mind was pulsing with the images of his mother being killed as a Rebellion officer of the naval Golan defense.

It also tormented him in anther way. He had no one to hold him, he had no one to kiss him and tell him everything would be all right... He was utterly alone except the stranger next to him. It reminded him of the things he lacked.

He never had someone to love, someone to care for, someone to be with. Landon was with him now and something was silently forming between them. Jake caught a few stares from his emo counterpart and in return, so did he. Landon was everything that attracted Jake, but personality and anything that was him... he knew nothing about.

"Jake." Landon said suddenly, "I know you're afraid, but so am I." Jake froze for a moment. "I just want you to know we're together." Jake's mouth was gripped by the internal fear and it wouldn't let a single word escape its violent clasp. Landon hesitated and turned so they were looking at each other. Jake's blue eyes held with fear as the handsome blonde continued with a single word, "You're..." Landon slowly flipped his blonde hair as his body shifted and his hand touched Jake's own.

Through a reflex that he had no control over, Jake's hand jolted from Landon's warm touch. Landon looked at him confused and hurt. Landon’s demeanor changed instantly and his guard was raised. Jake looked ahead steering them into the hangar bay, cursing himself. He was still unable to say a word and that made the situation worse.

Something within him cried. He was just reached out to and he denied it. He recoiled because of a brutal internal fear that gripped his entire body...and he was weak. He could do nothing to stop the emotion from its utter control over his soul. I’m pathetic, the emo teen thought. Moments later, Jake landed the speeder in some sort of parking formation with the other civilians.

It was strange how things had taken such a vast change. The once love of his speeder had faded in a matter of seconds. He didn't care if he ever saw it again as he walked away.

The emo pair was scanned, checked and given a bag of rations before being sent to an elevator shaft that dove far into the mountain. They travelled in an awkward sense of silence, fear's hand not lifting from Jake's throat. The ding pierced the abnormal situation and made both teens releaved at the overcrowded sight. Hundreds, if not thousands, were iwithin this bunker and setting up for days. Landon touched Jake's arm softly and pointed to a direction. They walked in unison plotting around the busy areas and walked for what seemed like hours.

They finally reached a corner, something dark and off in the distance from the rest of the civilians. It was colder here, but Jake didn't care. The bag that the rebellion security officers had given him carried a small blanket and enough food to last the night and morning along with some water bottles and other utilities such as a light device, heating device and some other random essentials.

Landon had pulled his blanket from his pack and laid it against the wall before rolling up an extra shirt and using it as a pillow. Landon’s eyes met Jake’s a final time, a time for redemption yet Jake's lips failed to move. His eyes swelled, but that was the extent of the communication. Landon turned and pulled the blanket over his body.

With Landon’s back turned, Jake collapsed to his knees and began to form up his own bed spread. The agony of fear settled him parallel to Landon with his back turned to the emo companian. Silently Jake's voice broke the emotion and he whispered, "I am." He closed his eyes and slowly fell asleep.

Last edited by Jake Callahan on Fri, December 08th 2006 03:24am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Jake Callahan
Private First Class

Post Posted: Fri, December 08th 2006 03:46pm    Post subject:

"ALL WEAPONS, FIRE!" The female commander ordered as her eyes flared with determination and adrenaline. She moved slowly across the bridge, reading each report that had come in. Not only had the imperials attacked first, but they were about to smear the Rebellion forces. Amelia Callahan would die for Thyferra and take as many Imperials with her...

A colossal Executor Star Destroyer fired its array of weapons barraging the shields and crippled the hull. In a blink, the structural defenses were evaporated. Amelia closed her eyes and within seconds an explosion ripped her body and she was gone.

Jake screamed from his nightmare as he opened his eyes. Landon was hovering over him in an attempt to figure out what was wrong. Looking upwards, Jake realized he was sweating and shaking violently. Landon took one of the water bottles and brought it to Jake's lips. His throat was hard and coarse and the cold water calmed him greatly. Jake collapsed back into his blanket, his eyes closing as he gained control over his body.

Why, he begged. He had absolute control before this war and now, he was losing it. Landon touched his forehead and Jake opened his eyes forgetting the emo was there. Landon brushed Jake's hair to one side before pouring the water bottle into his extra shirt and applying it to his forehead. It wasn't a lot of water, but it was enough to bring a wave of coolness. Jake's suddenly chapped lips opened to thank the teenager above him.

"You have a fever." Landon responded slowly and checked the rest of the quivering body's temperature. Jake groaned slightly in response and sarcastically added "Great..." The blonde boy smirked and rose to his feet. Jake didn't want the teenager to leave him, but conveyed it terribly with a nonresponse. Landon looked up and towards the massive civilian population just meters away. "I'm going to find more water and perhaps a doctor or medical droid...something."

Jake grumbled at the thought of a medical droid touching and prodding his body for everyone to see how physically and emotionally weak he was. And not only was he having nightmares about his mother, but a perfect relationship was beginning to slip from his fingers, yet he was paralyzed from saving it. He watched Landon disappear within the civilian camps and with a final groan, he closed his eyes and fell asleep.

Amelia Callahan rested on the Golan II Battlestation as the sounds of enemy footsteps appeared throughout the chamber. She was surrounded with dozens of rebellion officers and all were holding a blaster pointed towards the doorway. With a massive explosion, the door collapsed and the hole was covered with rising smoke. A rebellion officer opened fire and a dead stormtrooper collapsed in the doorway. Being dragged by someone on the other side, he disappeared but more and more appeared. Amelia fired rapidly, her life was over but these bastards would die getting to her. Leaping for cover, a blaster shot impaled her heart. In slow motion she fell to the ground, blood pouring over her body and staining her uniform. Her last words echoed throughout the chamber, "Jake, forgive." Her life faded instantly and she was gone in a cloud of darkness.

"NOOOOO." Jake shook himself awake again and this time, he was no longer huddled at the corner of the facility but somewhere different. His eyes were blurry and unadjusted to the light, but a woman stood in front of him.

Her thick Coruscanti accent answered his cry, "It's all right, young Callahan. I am a Doctor and you're going through trauma and stress caused by the battle overhead. It's common; you just have a severe case.” She paused and inquired, “Is it because of your mother?"

Jake's eyes shot open, his defenses were fully armed and he fired back, "I'm not sick, I'm not a coward. All right? I don't know why I am having nightmares about her, but I am." She was also one of the only golan captains serving in the Thyferra defense. She would go down with as many imperials possible, he knew it and he knew she was so blindly loyal to a Rebellion that didn't seem to care, that she would die. It was inevitable... He angrily rose from the bed.

"I'm fine. Just give me an injection for the fever, I'll handle the stress." Jake had become conscious to the fact he was in some kind of medical robe and his clothes were resting across the room. Landon was missing, but at the moment, Jake didn't care. The female doctor's peaceful face had disappeared and was replaced with concern but Jake cut her off, "You will have thousands of patients eventually...at least its a possibility... and you want to waist your time with a kid with stress?"

Jake hoped his argument would be more effective than it was, but she knew she had other duties and preparations to make. "Dwelling on your mother will do nothing but create unnecessary sorrow." the nurse fired back to the energy charged teenager, "Your mother appears to work in the space defense, at least from your screams, I could decipher that. I suggest you take new advice to heart. Instead of dreading her death, fight with her. Our people are not prepared for this war. Get rest, then get a blaster. Send those Imperial bastards to hell."

And with that, the doctor left and Jake was left stunned. Was she attempting to talk a minor into the militia? he joked. Whatever she was trying, Jake knew she was right. He was putting too much fear and doubt within his mother's abilities and duty than performing his own. His mind began to mentally collected itself and re-evaluate his actions. The fever was fading and Jake realized he had already been injected. Shuffling off the medical robe, he walked over to his clothes and began to dress.

Within seconds, he was walking away from the temporary medical facility and down the steps sat a blonde hair emo teenager playing with his hair. Jake smirked with a new sense of emotion overcoming him and he trended downwards. "Come on, we have a war to help prepare for." Jake's voice caused Landon to jump up.

"You're okay..." Landon said with a smile. Jake nodded and answered, "I'm okay, but I hardly know you. And I appreciate everything you did for me.” Jake paused, “
I kinda...lost it there." Fear still crept in the bottom of Jake's heart, but he defeated it...this time.

Landon laughed softly and grinned, "Yeah you did. I thought you went crazy..." Jake walked downwards a coy smirk failing to disappear. "Crazy?!” Jake teased, “I’ll show you crazy!” Landon laughed at the tackle attempt performed by the black haired emo and reversed the lunge so Jake landed on the bottom and Landon rested triumphantly on top. Jake rustled for a moment then answered his defeat with, “I’m recovering… so…” Landon lifted up slightly and Jake took the advantage to twist the blonde so their positions were reversed. “Fell for that one.”

Last edited by Jake Callahan on Fri, December 08th 2006 03:46pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Jake Callahan
Private First Class

Post Posted: Thu, January 11th 2007 05:19pm    Post subject:

With news of the Imperial and Rebellion treaty, uproar sounded throughout the Far Point Station. The Imperials would be landing on their planet and living here. Jake tossed Landon a glance, knowing this was a bad idea. If a second war was to break out, it would be here, on their planet.

Gathered around a holo-vision device that had broadcasted the news of the treaty, Landon turned abruptly and began to walk from the screen muttering several curse words. Jake remained where he was, it appears one of Thyferra's senators would be returning to the surface to oversee a peaceful welcome for the imperials. Joan Lorraine, however, was also returning yet her opinions on the situation was unknown. As the news station rolled into commercials, Jake turned and ran to catch up with Landon.

"Landon!" Jake called to the emo ahead of him. The boy paused slightly, his footsteps gradually slowing to a halt. His voice was angry as he spoke with his back turned, "They aren't meant to be here! Those bastards deserve to be dead. Every last one of them."

Jake stirred emotionally feeling the same. "What are you going to do about it? What can you?" His voice was filled with unneeded offense. Landon turned carefully as if attempting to vent his anger.

"Whatever the frak I can." he spat. "We can't allow them to waltz right into our lives! Look at Rendili! These bastards will take everything. Thyferra, I'll die before its lost to them."

Jake walked dangerously towards the blonde, his eyes lit with a protective prowess, "Landon, you will get yourself killed. I can't lose you."

A bitter and twisted answer was returned, "We barely just met. You'll get over it." Jake took a step back, not wanting to approach the teenager. But as Jake looked around, more and more civilians were beginning to sound and act the same. Perhaps it was merely the heated emotions that would be washed away with time, or it was the beginning of an Anti-Imperial Resistance.

"I'll get over it." Jake casually restated, his broken heart not betraying the coldness of his voice, "You're right." Turning swiftly, Jake walked away from Landon Miles.
 Back to top »
Jake Callahan
Private First Class

Post Posted: Wed, January 17th 2007 02:38am    Post subject:

The next day was painful as the retreating memories passed through Jake's mind. It was foolish to believe love could happen so quickly and affect him so much. His eyes gazed over the departing crowds, his heart looking for Landon whereas his mind scanned for a liable and quick exit. He had heard nothing from his mother, captain of a Golan III Battlestation, and he was beginning to believe she was among the causalities.

Jake's mind could not recall the Golan III Battlestation's number or name which brought a wave of internal pain. She could be frantically searching him out or she was dead. He never really cared so much for his mother, but at this time, she was the only thing he had for family.

Moving through the slow moving crowd, Jake handed his information to the security guards and they processed his speeder. Moments later, he was soaring into Thyferra's skies towards his home. Music blared loudly, but the quiet and taunting voice of Landon pricked his heart. His eyes watered, but no tears faltered.
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Thyferra » Xozhixi's Far Point, Xozhixi Surrounding Territories
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: