}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Corvallis, B-7 Light Transport
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Tatooine » Corvallis, B-7 Light Transport
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cally Thompson

Post Posted: Fri, December 01st 2006 03:20pm    Post subject: Corvallis, B-7 Light Transport

Overview:
The Corvallis is Cally Thompson's Ship. She is an old beat up B-7 light Freight, from about BBY 22. She is laid out as follows; in the prow of the ship is the bridge, directly under that is the cargo door/ramp. Behind the Bridge is located the crew quarters, which has been slightly modified into four rooms instead of the standard two. Then there is a crew common room/galley, then engine compartment. Off of the common room to the starboard prow is a small room, which serves as a weapons locker. On the port there is a similar room that serves and a storage compartment. This area is referred to as the crew deck.

Above this deck just behind the Crew quarter is set the Turbo laser controls, and gunnery station. A ladder accesses this part of the ship. Under the crew deck in the cargo hold, which is accessed by a set of walkways and stairs/ladders from a pair of hatchways in the common area. Running from the end of the Cargo hold to the Engine compartment wall, are the passenger quarters. These contain, a small galley and 8 semi private rooms.

She is run by a crew of three; Cally Thompson who is both the pilot and the Captain, Zoë Riff the is the mechanic that holds the old ship together, but is also an able pilot, and Mark Reynolds who servers as the ship’s gunner, and various other odd jobs, on the ship. Cally acquired the ships and its’ crew in the Meridian sector after she left the Imperial Army. Since then this ship has been her home and its crew her family.

"You have a hundred and forty kilos of anti-matter sitting on my planet?!" ~ General Jack Horner CONARC

"I swear by my pretty flowered bonnet, I will end you." ~ Malcolm Reyonds

"Oh do I wish I was somebody else right now. Somebody not... married, not... madly in love with a beautiful woman who can kill me with her pinkie! " ~ Wash
 Back to top »
Cally Thompson

Post Posted: Mon, December 04th 2006 08:54pm    Post subject:

“Sweet mother of hell!”

Cally looked up from the pile of crates, where she was perched, playing a fairly up-beet tune on her guitar. She looked over to where Mark sat the base of the ramp, in a small folding chair clean his E-11 Carbine, in the harsh Tatooine sun. He too had turned around at the exclamation, Cally smiled and turn to where Zoë’s lower half was just visible sticking out of an access hatch to the main engine. “Zo?”

“Damn it Cally when was the last time we had the main power bus switched out?” came the somewhat muffled reply.

Cally thought for a moment, “How about, seven years or so, you know when we first got this tub out of the scrap heap.”

“Well we need to find a replacement or our ass will be hanging out here.”

“And what a nice piece of ass it is,” commented Mark.

Cally smiled, “Is it that bad Zo?”

“Yep, if we take the Corvallis up with this one odd are we will explode and I don’t wanta explode.” This was followed by a grunt and then a sharp clang, and a few seconds later Zoë sat back on her knees holding the offend power bus in one hand. Her face and chest was covered in oil grease and other dirt. “See captain coupling points are actually frayed.”

“So it be broke?” Queried mark.

“Yes it ‘be broke’ damn good, to put it in a language you can understand.” She snapped back and stuck her tongue out at Mark.

“Children please,” Cally said with a grin. “So it defiantly has to be replaced?”

“Captain the only thing more dangerous than flying with this, is to fly into the Deathstar’s laser.”

“Ouch, I’ll pass on that one. I guess it time to go part hunting. Zo wipe that shit off your face and get your gun, Mark get ready I’ll be back in a few minutes.” She said and she jumped off of the crates and head to the companionway to the crew deck. She climbed the stairs and made her way to her quarters. Once there she stowed her guitar away under her bunk, and out her equipment harness. The harness is a heavily modified gun belt, made so that is held and pistol holster strapped to her right tight and her knife to the other, as well as including numerous pounces, and holders for three pistol power cells.

After putting on the harness she pulled her shoulder length hair back into a pony tail, and grabbed her sunglasses, and head to the cargo bay. On the way she stopped and pulled her pistol and three spare power cells, and attached them to her harness, before she re-entered the cargo bay.

Mark was absent-mindedly leaning on the hull, whistling a tune to himself, and Zoë was finishing wiping the grime off her face. “Ready?”

Zoë, tossed the rag that she had been using into a bin on the far side of the hold, “Yep.”

“And you?” She said turning to Mark.

“Always Cal,” he replied and pushed himself off the bulkhead. He picked up a rucksack, modified so that had one strap that ran diagonally across one’s chest and tossed to Zoë. “Don’t forget the trade goods.”

Zoë deftly caught the bag and slung it over her shoulder. “Lets go.”

The three of them walked down the ramp, and Cally pulled a small device out of one of harness pounces and depressed a button. The Ramp began to close and at the same time the musical clime sounded and the running lights flashed. “Damn I love this thing,” Cally muttered to herself sliding the device back into it pounce and closing it securely.

They walked for about ten minutes down the dust path that lead from their land site to the main area of the town. The time passed quickly, to the background noise of friendly conversation and really bad jokes, which only are heard in the closest of friends.

"You have a hundred and forty kilos of anti-matter sitting on my planet?!" ~ General Jack Horner CONARC

"Oh do I wish I was somebody else right now. Somebody not... married, not... madly in love with a beautiful woman who can kill me with her pinkie! " ~ Wash
 Back to top »
Cally Thompson

Post Posted: Mon, December 04th 2006 08:54pm    Post subject:

Cally sat down with a sigh. It had been a long day, it was amazing how these people had tried to ripe them off because she was a women. It had been a long and annoying day, but they had found a replacement power buss. Even if the trade had taken place practically at knifepoint, which was the only way the overweight human trader would understand where her eyes where. It had been nearly as hard as stop Mark from killing anyone. She signed again as Mark flexed his arms in anger. “Mark, relax get a drink and chill.”

“I don’t understand why we didn’t leave that son-of-a- whore in a puddle of his on blood?”

“Mark you can’t trade with a copse, we really don’t need any unnecessary trouble with the law now do we?” Mark signed and then moved to allow Zoë, to set a load of drinks on the table. However I think that he was being just a little rude so why don’t we let him cover our drinks tonight.” She said as she slide the trader’s wallet onto the table. Mark and Zoë looked at her, and then back at the wallet and they all burst in laughter.

“Damn you sneaky little devil women, you robbed him blind!” Mark said after he examined the contents of the wallet. Then he waved over, a serving girl, “I think this is going to be a good night.”

Last edited by Cally Thompson on Thu, January 11th 2007 05:52pm; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Tatooine » Corvallis, B-7 Light Transport
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: