}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Geonosian Droid Works
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » In-Game Archive » Geonosian Droid Works
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Tue, November 14th 2006 03:14am    Post subject: Geonosian Droid Works

Edit Later
Space Jawa
Commander

Post Posted: Wed, December 06th 2006 05:55pm    Post subject:

How much later are we talking? :P

Assets:
3,054,300 Credits
Modifications
YKL-37R Nova Courier Schizophrenia
Stuff abord the Schizophrenia

------------------------------------------------

Star Wars: It doesn't have to make any sense!
 Back to top »
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Wed, December 06th 2006 11:12pm    Post subject:

You can RP whenever. I was just going to put a description and stuff there... :P
Space Jawa
Commander

Post Posted: Thu, December 07th 2006 01:35am    Post subject:

The description and stuff is kind of what i'm waiting for. Don't want to step on your toes and talk about something that isn't there.

Assets:
3,054,300 Credits
Modifications

Back to top »
Space Jawa
Commander

Post Posted: Sun, December 10th 2006 04:22pm    Post subject:

Aw, forget it. I’ll just go ahead and do it anyways.

The room Drake was lead to was rather large. The space it lead into was big enough to build nearly any droid of any reasonable size that Drake has ever hear of, at least those that didn’t double as ships. The immediate area, however, was somewhat smaller, with a holographic table that showed a holographic representation of the droid they were building. Further in, on another larger table, a droid skeleton, the very beginnings of the droid they were to build, lay out, just waiting to be built.

“I am going to go back to the ship. You enjoy you yourself.” R3 said behind him.
“Leaving already? Come on, this is your kind of thing. You know, astromic stuff and all?”
“No, this is your ‘kind of stuff’. You should know very well that I am hardly an astromic. After all, you did build me.”

Without waiting for a response, the droid left.
”Ingrateful…” he started to think, but let it go. He had work to do.

”I recognize this!” IMM thought as they took a look at the droid design.
”You do? Huh. It seems familiar to me too. I don’t know where from though.
”Don’t know? How can you not know!?"
”Don’t get touchy!”

”You’ve built this…thing…droid…” He tried to think of what the dark, creepy guy had called the droid. ”Praetor…before, I take it?
“That is correct” a geonosian responded.
”Just so I know, what happened to the last one?”
He just received a look.
”To help me help you. Help me know where he could use some improvements.”
“He blew up.”
That was the only response he got.

”OK then. That, that’ll help me some.”

Assets:
3,054,300 Credits
Modifications

Last edited by Space Jawa on Mon, December 11th 2006 03:36am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Space Jawa
Commander

Post Posted: Mon, December 11th 2006 10:18pm    Post subject:

On the table, the droid was already starting to take shape. Drake had more or less finished with the structural changes, leaving him free to consider extra goodies.

”He needs vibroswords that can shoot out of his arms.”
”Swords are not something you shoot.”
”Fine then. Retractable vibroswords. Long as his arms that can retract and come out when he wants. Better yet, give him one on each arm.”
”What’s he going to do with them? Unless we can get our hands on some lightsabers, he can’t very well use them against ranged opponents.”

“You wouldn’t have access to any lightsabers, would you?”
he asked, seemingly out of the blue. He only got looks that didn’t need explaining. At least, he didn’t think they needed explaining. It was harder to tell on geonosians.

”Better yet, use Cartoswhateverit’scalled. Then he can combat Jedi!”
”I’m not so sure about that. Why don’t we stick with just the vibroblades for now, and we can upgrade it to anti-saber weaponry later if need be.”

Working at the schematics on the holotable, he modified the design to account for the changes.

”Let’s put in some vibroswords here.” he said, indicating to the higher arms. ”Add retracting and extension mechanisms so he can access them easier.”

That gave IMM what he wanted. What Drake felt could be used now was some ranged weaponry.

Assets:
3,054,300 Credits
Modifications

Back to top »
Space Jawa
Commander

Post Posted: Tue, December 12th 2006 10:59pm    Post subject:

”That looks like it should do it” he said, stepping back from the now

”Mostly”

finished droid. He still had a couple of minor things to give to the droid later, but its structure was all done, and it was now ready for programming and activation. He would want to run some tests later to make sure there was nothing seriously wrong with it, but he had been assured that it could wait.

”I think I’m going to cry.”
”What are you unhappy about? And for that matter, you can’t cry anyways.”
”In my own little droidish way for the happiness he brings me. So many memories. So many happier times.”
”Cut the nostalgia.”

“Alright, lets plug him in!”

-----------------------------------------

Taking control of the program had been easy. After he had masqueraded as an update for it, the program known as audacious had willingly let ZIM enter his system, and by the time it has realized something was wrong, it had been too late. And now, he was going to bring this program along with him as he entered the new body designed for it. ZIM would need to rely on it to get its personality correct.

He would also leave behind a copy of himself in this system. It was obviously very large, and that caught his curiosity. He wished to see what how big it was and more importantly, what it could do. It would take time, but it would not be difficult to worm his way around and learn what there was for him to find.

Even if he didn’t want to see what there was, he would have had to leave a copy behind. The system, though inferior to himself, was smart. Very smart. It, or perhaps she, based on what her name was, would not take long at all to learn something was wrong if he did not stay put. Upgrades did not simply just disappear, after all.

------------------------------------------

”Ok, that does it. Let’s unplug him and turn him on.”

Assets:
3,054,300 Credits
Modifications

Back to top »
Admiral Audacious
Private First Class

Post Posted: Tue, December 12th 2006 11:13pm    Post subject:

As the unit activated, ZIM took his time to analyze his new body, to fully turn on. It was mostly like what his research has said it would be, but better. It had weapons.

As he activated all systems, he realized how good it was to be back in body that was…fully his. Oh, he was sharing it with the Audacious program, but that was a mere matter that was insignificant. He had full control over all systems.

The droid sat up and began to look at his ‘extras.’ He didn’t fire anything, but he did come close too it. Aimed the blasters on his arms, brought out and put back his chest weapon, stuck out the vibroblades on his feet, all of it. And he liked it. Having checked everything out, he put his feet on the floor and stood up off the table.

“Everything looks like it’s working fine.”

He turned to look at who had spoke. It was, apparently, the body that held the other copy of one of his ‘parents’.

”Yes.” he said with a cold, droid voice that would have sent shivers of happiness down his spine had he been organic. ”I am fine.”
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Fri, December 15th 2006 04:20am    Post subject:

The Sixth Dark Lord of Geonosis Maeglin stepped into the DroidWorks Factory with a small legion of interested geonosians behind him. A few elites followed him closely as they continued down the factory, some of the most guarded experiments being tested and evaluated but none that peeked a slight interest in the Dark Lord but the newly created Praetor.

As the droid admiral turned and faced Lord Maeglin, it immediately dropped to its knees. His programming was sufficient for now; however, the Lady would be the final exam for the individual...

"Brother... Admiral.... Praetor..." the Dark Lord hissed in the darkness, sending fear into the Geonosians around him. "Go to Denon and present yourself to the Lady of Geonosisssss." He left it open for the creature's response.

Space Jawa
Commander

Post Posted: Fri, December 15th 2006 05:20am    Post subject:

Oops. Wrong character.

Assets:
3,054,300 Credits
Modifications

Last edited by Space Jawa on Fri, December 15th 2006 05:22am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Admiral Audacious
Private First Class

Post Posted: Fri, December 15th 2006 05:23am    Post subject:

It did not take long for ZIM to analyze this Dark one, at least as far as was possible for him. He was obviously one in a position of authority, and used the fear he inspired in others to help keep this authority. He was not, however, the base program. This title fell to the ‘Lady’ he referred to, or perhaps someone higher up.

Pulling the information he needed from the Audacious program, his assumption was quickly proven correct. Even better, he learned that he held a rank equal to this Dark Lord, if not higher. Though he would need to run it again, he had reason to believe that he had come to inhabit the body of a droid who answered directly to this Geonosian Woman. This would not be something he would want to throw away lightly.

Apparently, this would require that an order such as he had just received would have to be followed. Amongst these people, this ‘Lady of Geonosis’ was not one to be questioned.

”I will obey.” he said.
”My ship.” he added, speaking this time to none of them in particular, not truly caring which one responed. ”Take me to it.”
Space Jawa
Commander

Post Posted: Sun, January 14th 2007 03:23am    Post subject:

The overall size of the program was astonishing. ZIM could hardly believe the sheer magnitude that this computer and its systems and all its branches spanned. And he had barely dug his way through the twists and turns and security protocols that protected the vital programming.

But he could tell that this was important. The larger picture, whatever that may be, as it had yet to become fully clear to him, had to have something about it that required such delicate security. Unless the owner was simply paranoid and overly protected. But that was unlikely.

It had also become clear that this process of discovering the full magnitude of what he had come upon would likely take longer than he had previously anticipated or could have even made his higher estimates.

”Perhaps I require a different approach.”

Considering this, he temporarily discontinued further digging in order to devise other options.

Assets:
3,054,300 Credits
Modifications

Back to top »
Space Jawa
Commander

Post Posted: Mon, February 19th 2007 11:16am    Post subject:

”Excellent.”
”It is.”

Having taken the time to calculate the best possible solution to his problem, ZIM has eventually concluded that the most ideal answer would be to create copies of himself within the computer that could help him in his task. The first of these copies was now complete. It had been a difficult task, keeping it hidden from the large, expansive one.

”And now that it has been done…”
”…It will be easier to repeat the process.”
”That it will.”

”Excellent.”

Assets:
3,054,300 Credits
Modifications

Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » In-Game Archive » Geonosian Droid Works
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: