}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
CiC Ackbar's Office
Goto page 1, 2  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Denon » CiC Ackbar's Office
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ackbar
Corporal

Post Posted: Tue, November 07th 2006 02:10am    Post subject: CiC Ackbar's Office

Ackbar led Solo into his private office. He took a seat behind his desk, the chair designed specially for Mon Calamari physiology. He fixed his large eyes on Solo.

"Please, Admiral. Take a seat," he said gruffly, the fleshy tendrils on his chin shaking with each movement of his jaw.

The human complied with the request, to Ackbar's surprise.

He'd become increasingly insubordinate of late. Almost all of the Alliance had started to fall into turmoil. Threats were flying, ideas being discussed that the original leaders like Mon Mothma would've been abhorred at... if the Empire didn't kill the Alliance, Ackbar was concerned its own commanders would.

As he turned his gaze back to Solo, he wondered if it was really the human who had changed, or if merely the people surrounding him had.

"Admiral, I have many things I wish to talk to you about. First of all, I cannot have officers being disrepectful to superior officers, regardless of different branches of service," the CiC noted in his gravelly tones. "Secondly... what happened on the way to Thyferra?"
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Tue, November 07th 2006 04:27pm    Post subject:

Han allowed his body to collapse into the overstuffed chair positioned before the Commander's desk and took a long look around his former office. The fish-man sure didn't waste anytime redecorating. The place now looked like it belonged inside a plastic bubble at the bottom of the ocean. Well, it wasn't out of the ordinary considering it now belonged to a Mon Cal, it was just the thought of how quickly things had changed over since he last occupied the office.

The decor, however, was the least of his worries. Rubbing his sweaty palms against his pant legs nervously, Han angled his chin up to look the aquatic being in the face. "Then again, you can't have army guys like Rieekan throwing orders at me, can ya?" Han spat back in response to Ackbar's first statement. His hazel eyes remained unmoving as the second part of the question repeated in his head. "What happened on the way to Thyferra?"

Yea, that was the one million credit question, wasn't it? Han stopped his nervous motion with his hands and quickly balled them into fists before dropping them at his sides. "If ya want to know about Thyferra," he began in a cocky tone. "Your guess is as good as mine, Chief. I don't have one damn clue."

"You know, if you could apply that smuggler's brain to real politics, you'd be my equal."
"Meaning I wouldn't be able to just draw my blaster and shoot the politicians? What kind of a deal is that?"

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Ackbar
Corporal

Post Posted: Tue, November 07th 2006 06:09pm    Post subject:

"You don't know?" the superior officer demanded, though his soothing Mon Calamari tones downplayed most of his outrage. "I'm afraid I don't understand, Admiral."

Did Solo really think Ackbar would so stupid to believe that line? He didn't know why he issued the order to drop from hyperspace?
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Tue, November 07th 2006 06:43pm    Post subject:

"I don't understand either," Han shrugged with an innocent gesture. He knew from the beginning this was gonna be the hard part. Ackbar probably thought he was trying be a smart ass and talk his way out of it. Or worst case scenerio, he thought Han was incredibly stupid for using the oldest excuse in the book. How was he gonna explain to him that he was actually telling the truth?

"Look," he continued, leaning forward in his chair to try and get his point across. "All I know is that one minute we were enroute in hyperspace and in the next, we weren't. I dunno how to explain it but I didn't give that order, Chief. At least, I don't remember giving it."

"You know, if you could apply that smuggler's brain to real politics, you'd be my equal."
"Meaning I wouldn't be able to just draw my blaster and shoot the politicians? What kind of a deal is that?"

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Ackbar
Corporal

Post Posted: Tue, November 07th 2006 10:25pm    Post subject:

If Ackbar had had eyebrows, he'd have raised them. "You sincerely don't remember?" he asked, puzzled.
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Tue, November 07th 2006 10:59pm    Post subject:

One glance at the Mon Cal sitting across from him and Han knew he didn't like where this was going. The fish man probably thought he had lost it with the explanation he had just given. But Han figured things were already bad. How much worst could they get?

Han shook his head slowly while still focusing on the other's reaction. "No, I don't remember," he half mumbled. "How can I make that any more clearer to you?"

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Ackbar
Corporal

Post Posted: Wed, November 08th 2006 01:09am    Post subject:

The Mon Cal studied Solo intently. If there was one skill he'd picked up in his years with humans, it was detecting honesty. And he didn't think Solo was prevaricating a single iota.

"It's clear enough, Admiral," he noted gravely. "As for your insubordination, it must stop, here and now."
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Wed, November 08th 2006 01:21am    Post subject:

Okay, that wasn't so bad. He got out of that one easy enough. But it was the subject the Mon Cal brought up next that caused a scowl to spread over Han's features. He wasn't even allowed to express his opinion anymore without some two-faced wampa jumping to his feet and calling insubordination. In this case, that two-face wampa was Rieekan.

"Let me ask you a question," Han said cooly as he gripped either side of the chair and sat up a little straighter. "How is it that you call it insubordination when I was baited by your own men? That twerp, Rieekan, was trying to push orders off on me and get me involved with that half-assed Kessel operation!"

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Ackbar
Corporal

Post Posted: Wed, November 08th 2006 01:34am    Post subject:

"You could have declined more... civilly, Admiral," Ackbar explained calmly. "His own behavior was... reprehensible as well. But regardless, he is of a higher rank than you and deserves the respect that goes with that rank."

The former Admiral sighed. "Now, I can offer you two options. Brig time, or a punitive assignment."
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Wed, November 08th 2006 02:08am    Post subject:

Han's eyes blazed with anger, shifting their hue to a muddier green, almost brown. "Let me get this straight," Han growled, gesticulating with his hands. "If a grate toad happened to hold the rank of Commander in Chief, I'm supposed to get down on my hands and knees and worship it just because it has a higher rank?" Han shook his head in disgust and laughed at how ridiculous this all was. "I'm sorry, Chief, but that ain't how I handle things. I don't give respect unless it's deserved."

Taking a deep breath, Han continued. "And that brings me into your next point. Since I don't feel like I've been getting the proper treatment around here, how 'bout an option three? After all, I was only responding to what your men were dealing out."

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Ackbar
Corporal

Post Posted: Wed, November 08th 2006 02:49am    Post subject:

Ackbar tilted his head. "There is no third option, Admiral. This isn't some loose-knit collection of smugglers and freedom fighters anymore. We're a legitimate government, bound by laws.

"And regardless of who your wife is, even you are bound by them," the Commander in Chief said edgily.
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Wed, November 08th 2006 03:58pm    Post subject:

"Ah-ha!" Han exclaimed as he clicked his tongue and began to rise from the chair. "So now we're getting to the bottom of things. Not the same loose-knit group? Ya know, if I didn't know any better, I would categorize that as losing our ideals. And you wonder why you have officers running around doing whatever they damn well please."

With a renewed determination, Han walked around the chair he once occupied and came to stand before Ackbar's desk with his hands planted firmly on the top of it. "Let me make one thing clear, Chief," Han informed the being sitting before him. "When I signed up for the Alliance, I didn't sign my life away to your rules and regulations. I signed up to blow those damn bucket heads outta the stars. I'm not sure what that has to do with locking your best men up in the brig, but I ain't going for that. You can't keep me behind bars, Chief. If this is what your 'legitimate government' is stooping to, then you got other problems. And I don't want any part of 'em."

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Ackbar
Corporal

Post Posted: Wed, November 08th 2006 04:28pm    Post subject:

Ackbar glowered at Solo. "Then you're relieved. Get out."

Of all the impudence Ackbar had seen, nothing approached what the ex-smuggler spewed forth. And yet... what if he was right?
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Thu, November 09th 2006 02:48am    Post subject:

With his hands still planted on the Commander's desk, Han kept his steely gaze on the bulbous eyes of Ackbar. The order the Mon Cal spewed forth was no surprise and with the state the Alliance was in now, it was only gonna be a matter of time anyway. Now the real question was how long would it take for Leia and the rest of the galaxy to put two and two together?

Han sneered at the fish-man before his lips curled into a twisted smile. "I see you just proved my point, Chief. The ironic part is you still don't seem to realize the truth after all this. But maybe some other time."

With one last grin, Han pushed away from the desk and began to backpeddle slowly. "Nice serving under ya, Chief. Oh, and uh, good luck with that Kessel operation. You're gonna need a whole lotta luck to get outta that one alive. Big guns and fancy equipment ain't gonna save your neck there. Trust me." Han finally turned his back to his commander and began walking to the door. Before he reached it, however, one final thought came into his mind and he turned to glance over his shoulder. "One last thing," he paused with raised index finger. "You can expect to hear from my wife sometime soon. And you can bet she ain't gonna be happy with your tactics. Have fun with that."

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Ackbar
Corporal

Post Posted: Sat, November 11th 2006 03:33am    Post subject:

"I look forward to speaking to your wife," Ackbar said dangerously. "Now, get out of my office before I call security."

The Commander's webbed finger was poised over the button as he stared at Solo.
Ackbar
Corporal

Post Posted: Tue, April 03rd 2007 12:19pm    Post subject:

Ackbar idly drummed his webbed fingers on his desk, looking over his announcement to the Alliance armed forces the day he was made Commander-in-Chief. It struck him how hollow his words seemed at the present, as if it had all gone in one collective aural opening and out the other. There was still no cooperation, people still ran around like vigilantes, and where had it gotten the Alliance? The Chief of State's daughter was kidnapped, the Rebel military was in the poorest shape it had been in since the loss of Endor, and there were dark rumors flying about of massive corruption and thoughts of coups.

He sighed softly, wondering how their cause of bringing freedom and democracy to the Galaxy had fallen so quickly. Was there even room in the Galaxy for a democratized society? Or would rule always pass to those who could impose their will?

No, he thought. No. Not on my watch. Not while I still draw breath will this noble cause fall. He turned to his computer terminal, and began to type furiously, his goggle-like eyes transfixed on the screen.

The Alliance needed discipline. The Alliance needed new technologies. The Alliance needed a more regimented organization of it's forces.

And Ackbar would be damned if the Alliance didn't get it. They all would be damned, damned to live under the Imperial jackboot if things continued the way they were going.
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Sun, April 27th 2008 10:31pm    Post subject:

As Han strode down the corridors of the main military structure enroute to Commander Ackbar's office, he couldn't help but ignore the stares various officers and military personnel gave him as he passed. Even though he still held rank in the Alliance's navy, he didn't look or feel like he belonged. Not even bothering to change after working on the Falcon the Corellian was still smeared with grease and oil from head to toe from various components on the freighter and his mechanic's coveralls were far from a standard military uniform. But he knew that wasn't the only thing that turned heads.

The Holonet coverage of his trial and everything leading up to and proceeding it were far from flattering. He knew there would be repercussions the moment he stepped into that security prison to free Fett and true enough, the media wasted no time in smearing his name and ripping his reputation to shreds. It seemed like it was more out of courtesy that they had allowed him to keep his commission, but they meant nothing when everyone he worked with stuck up their nose in his presence, refused to listen to his instructions or ideas and spread rumors behind his back. He felt more like the loner he used to be and he figured there was no real point in continuing on.

The conversation he held with Luke a couple of hours ago in the hangar was the final straw. He had made up his mind then and there that this was the right choice for him and if any of that dark stuff that Luke spoke of decided to creep into their lives, Han would be able to confront it head on without the navy serving as a liability. It would just be him, Chewie, the Falcon and of course Luke, Leia and now the kids all over again. A simple life. Of course, he hadn't mentioned his intentions to Leia, but somehow, he doubted that she would put up much of an argument.

Finally reaching the door that housed the office of the Commander in Chief, Han stepped in without introduction and approached the rodian secretary at the desk in the foyer area. "Is old fish head in?" he asked, his eyes darting briefly to the tinted windows of the office. "I got something important I need to discuss with him."

The rodian's bulbous eyes rose from her computer terminal and fell on his frame, obviously taking in his unkempt appearance. Her suction cup-like lips pursed in an almost humorous manner as she tried to search for the right words. "I'm...sorry, Captain Solo, but you need an appointment if you wish to speak with the Commander."

"An appointment?" Han sputtered, taking a step back from the desk and allowing his shoulders to droop slightly. "How the hell am I supposed to secure an appointment when they won't give me the proper clearances to even get up to this level?!"

Continuing to stare at him with those same unmoving eyes, the rodian appeared unsure of how to proceed. It wasn't everyday a disgruntled ex-smuggler came stomping into the office, demanding to speak to the CiC. In a way, Han found it amusing. But it would've been better if she would've just let things slide just this once and actually let him in. Somehow, he didn't think that was gonna happen. "I'm sorry," she repeated quickly, diverting her eyes away from him and back to the computer terminal. "But if you don't have an appointment, I must ask you to leave."

"What's the matter?" Han spat back, glancing to the office windows again. "Afraid I might actually do something to go against my Holonet personality? We wouldn't want people thinking I'm actually a nice guy now, would we?" He sneered at the rodian before turning his back on her.

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Ackbar
Corporal

Post Posted: Mon, April 28th 2008 07:35pm    Post subject:

A small indicator flashed on Ackbar's desk. It was a surreptitious message from his new secretary. He let out a gurgling sigh and rose from the polished coral desk. It looked like some form of crimson marble, so fine was the craftsmanship, and was one of the few comforts of home he had on this dry, cityscape world.

He strode into the atrium, and was greeted by the sight of Captain Solo haranguing his unfortunate receptionist. I assume you wished to speak to me, Captain? the Commander-in-Chief asked in his now classic calm, cool tones.
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Mon, April 28th 2008 08:02pm    Post subject:

Han was nearly to the door when he heard shuffling from behind him followed by the gravely voice of the Mon Calamarian Commander. Ah, so he didn't need an appointment after all. Stopping in his tracks, Han half turned and shot the receptionist a smug smirk before focusing his full attention on Ackbar. "Yea," Han confirmed with a nod. "I have some things I wanna say to you."

Without waiting for the CiC to give the go ahead, the Corellian crossed the length of the room and stopped at the door leading into his office. It was the same office that used to be his a year ago, but now, it hardly mattered. He would soon be rid of all this craziness for good. "Although, I rather not announce it for all the Alliance to hear, so if ya don't mind," he gestured to the doorway with a slight wave of his hand and entered the room.

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Ackbar
Corporal

Post Posted: Mon, April 28th 2008 08:20pm    Post subject:

Out of respect for the man--which the Mon Calamari still had a fair amount of for the Corellian--the commander shut the door to his office. This was something fairly important if Solo wasn't communicating it through holochannels and he wasn't told ahead of time by the Chief of State.

"What is it you need, Captain Solo?" he asked. "I wasn't expecting you."
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Mon, April 28th 2008 08:43pm    Post subject:

"Yea, I have a habit of dropping in when I'm least expected," Han quipped, sauntering his way over to the desk but refusing to take a seat. He figured it would be easier to communicate this if they remained eye to eye. Of course, the Mon Cal was still considerably shorter than he was, but it was close enough. It had the same effect.

He drew in a deep breath and pushed forward. "Chief, I can't stay with you anymore," Han sighed, shrugging his shoulders to show some regret, but in reality, he felt none. It was actually a major weight lifted from his chest. "After everything that came my way the past couple of months, I can't give the navy my full attention anymore. It's time for me to move on."

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Ackbar
Corporal

Post Posted: Mon, April 28th 2008 09:36pm    Post subject:

"I'm sorry to hear that," Ackbar sighed to the human. "Where is it you'll be moving on to?"

The former admiral had a fair idea that Solo didn't simply mean another branch of service. Although, he wondered if the Chief of State knew about this. He certainly hoped so... Madame Organa Solo had a notorious temper, and she hated being surprised by matters of this nature. He didn't want to see the former General subject to that fiery wrath.
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Tue, July 01st 2008 01:58am    Post subject:

Han's eyes roamed the office, checking out every nook and cranny as he tried to formulate a response. He had thought about the Mon Cal's question quite a bit in the past few weeks and in all reality, he still had no clear idea. There was plenty to do around the apartment, sure, Leia was quick to rub that into his face several times a day, but Han was far from the domestic type. He would rather be out in a hangar tooling with ships and flying in space. That was his calling. He just had to find the right balance that didn't land him back on the wrong side of the law like his previous profession.

"I'll find something," he finally answered in passing with a wave of his hand. It was the truth, after all. No need to lie any longer. "Maybe pick up a few charters, tinker with things here and there," he paused, drawing in a breath and focusing his gaze back on the Mon Cal with his hands now firmly planted on the edge of the desk. "You know, simple stuff. Something to keep me out of trouble." A mischievous smirk spread over his features. "I'm sure all your men would be grateful for that."

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Ackbar
Corporal

Post Posted: Tue, July 01st 2008 02:09am    Post subject:

The aquatic man gurgled in the Mon Cal approximation of a chuckle. "Indeed. I wish you the best of luck," he paused a moment, the word unfamiliar to his vocal cords in this context. "Han. May the Force be with you.

"I trust you have informed your wife of this decision?" Ackbar asked, finally voicing his concern.
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Tue, July 01st 2008 02:29am    Post subject:

"Thanks, Commander," Han said with some sincerity as he began to extend his hand to shake the fish man's equivalent but he pulled back at the last possible second. The question the Mon Cal had poised next was the least expected of all and it threw Han completely off guard. He felt his ears grow a bit warm and sweat begin to bead on his forehead as his body reacted naturally to the words.

"Uh, yea, sure," he stumbled over the words a bit sheepishly. The truth was, Leia was completely in the dark. Well, maybe not completely. She had probably sensed his odd behavior and disdain for the Alliance since returning to Denon. It probably wouldn't come as too much of a surprise. She just chose not to voice her concern - like she chose not to do about a lot of things lately. Han clenched his jaw at the reminder. And still, that was yet another reason why he had to back away. Things were unraveling in his private life and he needed to straighten that out before he was left with nothing but threads.

"She'll understand," he tried again, more confidence behind his words this time. He took one final glance around the office before extending his hand once again, this time actually clasping it with the other being. "A pleasure, Commander." A curt nod, and he pivoted on his heel to leave the Alliance headquarters for good.

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Denon » CiC Ackbar's Office
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: