}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Tau Opening Address
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Galactic Communications » Tau Opening Address
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Por’El Dal’yth
Private

Post Posted: Thu, November 02nd 2006 06:35pm    Post subject: Tau Opening Address

I extend my greeting to you, gentlebeings of the galaxy. I, Por’El Dal’yth, come to you at the behest of the Supreme Ethereal Council of T’au to announce the arrival of my people.
As a member of the Caste Por, I have been appointed to the position that you would understand as an ‘ambassador’ to the galaxy. It is I who will be the channel through which all information of the Tau will flow, and it is to me that all questions on the aspects of Tau culture should be directed to. I understand that the people of the galaxy will regard us with a mystique that may border on fear. We understand this: it is in your human nature to fear what you do not understand. We can accept this, and hope you can work through this slight misfortune in your race.
We Tau have been isolated from you for many years, through our own technological misfortune. What you have to come to know as ‘hyper drive’ has only been recently perfected by my species: our policy of expansion has not required us to make trips requiring massive amounts of time in faster-than-light-travel. Our Empire is a group of densely packed stars, and long-range travel has never been a necessity in recent times.
On discovering your galaxy, we immediately began missions of diplomacy and peace to outlying planets of your Outer Rim. We hope to avoid unnecessary conflict between our peoples, and hope that you can help us to work towards that through diplomacy and civilised action.
As the Tau representatives, we of the Caste Por seek to unite through diplomacy. Your galaxy is torn apart: this is not our doing, and we cannot heal it. We will not get involved unless we find it to be in the interest of the Greater Good, and even then, it will be only under the careful deliberation of the Caste Ethereal that we will decided.
We have had much deliberation and discussion regarding how best to spread knowledge of ourselves. It seems to be customary of your people to send representatives to the newly fledged governments of your galaxy, and we can understand the strains this can put on your factions. We seek to hear each side of every story, and to do this we must establish relations with each faction individually. It is in this way that we will share information: any faction which wishes to establish relations with the Tau Empire must accept our delegations to your governments. From there, we will begin trading information: as we hear the events of the history of your galaxy, we will begin to tell you the history of our species. Should you be open and unbiased with your information, we shall follow suit.
The information contained in this message is free, as is any information given on public channels such as this. However, any information given through the exchange outlined above is going to be information specific to your reception of us. Should you wish to understand our language, you must teach us yours. Should you want to learn of the Caste Fio’s technology, you must show us an ample gift in return.
Once again, I will bring to mind the connection that your galaxy will have with the Tau Empire: we will broadcast over this public holonet and over a private one. Should you have any private queries, they should be sent to any member of the Caste Por (This account), They will provide you with an answer, or should the circumstances call for it, forward your message on.

For the Greater Good,
Por’El Dal’yth

Last edited by Por’El Dal’yth on Thu, November 02nd 2006 06:36pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Nora Stark
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Fri, November 03rd 2006 01:03am    Post subject:

May I be the first to welcome you to the larger galaxy. While I may not be the leader of any government, nor a member of any of the major governments of the galaxy, I hope that I can still partake in this historic event of cultural and technological exchange.

Credits: 2,024,526,850
---------------------------
Just Another Broadcast with George Q'Bert - The most watched fake news program in the galaxy!
 Back to top »
Natalie Pearson
Staff Sergeant

Post Posted: Fri, November 03rd 2006 07:58am    Post subject:

On behalf of the member worlds and the Council of Fifteen of the Oligarchy of Vita, I welcome you to the galaxy, Ambassador Por’El Dal’yth.

That said it seems to me that you wish to be an information broker of sorts, and in troubled times that is exactly the thing that people can do without. In my experience people who know too much often get delusions of grandeur about their status and worth. We are fond of our secrets, Ambassador and would prefer it if they stay that way. For that reason, the Oligarchy of Vita will not be sending any representitives to meet with your people.

Superior Moff Natalie Pearson
PalpySlut Second Class

"... it's "Voila," you inbred piece of --hey look, a butterfly... " - Rory
 Back to top »
Por’El Dal’yth
Private

Post Posted: Fri, November 03rd 2006 08:27am    Post subject:

Nora Stark wrote:
May I be the first to welcome you to the larger galaxy. While I may not be the leader of any government, nor a member of any of the major governments of the galaxy, I hope that I can still partake in this historic event of cultural and technological exchange.

Thank you, Ms. Stark. The Caste Fio and Kor would be very interested, I am sure, to trade our technology with you, and delegates will be assigned shortly.

Natalie Pearson wrote:
For that reason, the Oligarchy of Vita will not be sending any representitives to meet with your people.

I am disturbed to hear this news, Ms. Pearson. You tell us you do not wish to know about our race? You are not curious of our history? And even more toublingly, you do not want to initiate peace talks with us? Please, reconsider your decision: we do not wish war-blood to stain our presence in our galaxy, and welcome every chance we get to avert it.
Petyr Baelish
Aedile

Post Posted: Fri, November 03rd 2006 11:16am    Post subject:

Quote:
seek to unite through diplomacy

Many a time has that been said. :?

2084rpg.net - Business, science, intrigue, and rebellion.

"Pazaak bores me. I often suspect my opponent of cheating. I prefer predictable games, such as galactic economics."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Por’El Dal’yth
Private

Post Posted: Fri, November 03rd 2006 06:23pm    Post subject:

Yet we do not seek to unite your galaxy, Mr. Baelish. We only wish to ensure the furtherment of the Greater Good. What disputes you have amongst yourselves is not our problems: the time for diplomacy is much likely past.
Luke Skywalker
CMAC Associate

Post Posted: Sat, November 04th 2006 04:25am    Post subject:

I note that you have only mentioned humans in your introductory speech. Am I to understand another humanocentric empire is coming to unite the galaxy?

Last edited by Luke Skywalker on Sat, November 04th 2006 04:27am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Por’El Dal’yth
Private

Post Posted: Sat, November 04th 2006 11:55am    Post subject:

Luke Skywalker wrote:
I note that you have only mentioned humans in your introductory speech. Am I to understand another humanocentric empire is coming to unite the galaxy?

The meaning you take from my speech is your own: should you choose to believe that, that is your own opinion. However, we seem to be having trouble with your language: are you implying that we are here to divide your galaxy further?
Luke Skywalker
CMAC Associate

Post Posted: Sun, November 05th 2006 08:59am    Post subject:

I am saying that narrowing down the behaviours and nature of every species in the galaxy to human standards is a little too much like the Empire.
I appologise if I am wrong in my understanding, perhaps in the future you should reword your speeches.
Private

Post Posted: Sun, November 05th 2006 12:12pm    Post subject:

Luke Skywalker wrote:
I appologise if I am wrong in my understanding, perhaps in the future you should reword your speeches.

Mr. Skywalker, perhaps you need to rethink your philosophy towards other species. Your language is a delicate thing to use, and I am still not sure of it's intracies. Are the majority of your galaxy not 'humans'? And are all your major factions not led by 'humans'? Please, if you can help, do. I can assure you, however, were your brains and mouths fit for our language, we would not persecute you for a simple misunderstanding.
Jahan Stresemann
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Mon, November 06th 2006 03:09pm    Post subject:

The Republic of Nespis welcomes you to the galaxy. You may send us delegates at your leisure.

Holder of the 35,000th post

Expand
 Back to top »
Serrith Wuir
Corporal

Post Posted: Mon, November 13th 2006 07:35am    Post subject:

Even though the Coalition is in no state to recieve any delegates, we wish you a happy welcome to the Galactic Scene.

| Biography | Republic's Crynak Coalition History |
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Galactic Communications » Tau Opening Address
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: