}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Thrawn's reclamation contest?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Questions and Suggestions » Thrawn's reclamation contest?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xaph
Cadet

Post Posted: Fri, October 13th 2006 02:57pm    Post subject:

Very nice to see how you actually TOLD me this was going on. And, considering my ONLY action with Thrawn has been with Ams, and then he left to his secret CMAC account since, I don't think this is fair.

Also, 'community' complaints seems to be a strange term...the ONLY IC actions I did was with Ams. But he's CMAC, right? That makes him right.

Ams never even LET me explain myself, which I could easily do, with QUOTES from the books. However, you CMAC'ers REALLY hate talking to me, so I don't think you'll even bother.

Once again, thanks for letting me know BEFORE you took away my character.
Kel
Corporal

Post Posted: Fri, October 13th 2006 03:02pm    Post subject:

Looks like CMAC just killed the competition :wink:

Imperator of the Chiss Imperium

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito

Xaph/Kel Chat - Chiss Problems

Xaph -=- STEVE IRWIN RIP said:
No big plagues?
Major invasions?
New STD's?
Tyler said:
bbl
Ah
And this, bbl...
is it dangerous?
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Fri, October 13th 2006 03:14pm    Post subject:

And we gave you how many suggestions on things you can do with Thrawn instead of crawling into a hole until the war exploded? No, Xaph. Don't even think of shifting the blame. You deliberately went inactive, in your own words, I might add. It's not that you have nothing to do, it's that you aren't being allowed to loot and pillage like a pirate and pursue a personal vendetta.

So, no, Tie... the competition is still alive. ;)

Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segments, Director of Imperial Intelligence
Expand

Galaxy Map|Board and RPG Rules|Game Guide

"The Preying Mantis often sizes up a potential mate while wearing too much eyeliner..." - Velora

"You are so cool, you make James Bond proud..." - My Dad... sarcastically. Don't try to juggle cutlery. :p
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kel
Corporal

Post Posted: Fri, October 13th 2006 03:20pm    Post subject:

What competition? There is nobody else that wants Thrawn besides Xaph as I see it.

No big plagues?
Major invasions?
New STD's?
Tyler said:
bbl
Ah
And this, bbl...
is it dangerous?
 Back to top »
Carnor Jax
ECP Member/Faction Lieutenant

Post Posted: Fri, October 13th 2006 03:36pm    Post subject:

Where the issue of canon characters is concerned, people do have a right to complain when the character is not played as the books portray. I took a big risk in choosing Jax as my canon character, because there was a very limited playstile I could assign. A reclamation doesn't have to be for someone else, it could simply be to restore canon.

"Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Expand

"I gained [my votes] through "legal" means (read: bribes and threats)."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nubis Serin
Thread Killer

Post Posted: Fri, October 13th 2006 03:39pm    Post subject:

Kel wrote:
What competition? There is nobody else that wants Thrawn besides Xaph as I see it.

Oh no. Don't say that. Everyone knows I'm the biggest Thrawn fanboy. And I'm currently writing up my post. I fully plan on bringing as close to the eight-page limit so that is why it hasn't been posted yet. But I will be entering the contest.

That aside, Xaph. Best of luck in the competition.
 Back to top »
Thrawn
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Fri, October 13th 2006 03:58pm    Post subject:

Ams Jendob wrote:
And we gave you how many suggestions on things you can do with Thrawn instead of crawling into a hole until the war exploded? No, Xaph. Don't even think of shifting the blame. You deliberately went inactive, in your own words, I might add. It's not that you have nothing to do, it's that you aren't being allowed to loot and pillage like a pirate and pursue a personal vendetta.

So, no, Tie... the competition is still alive. ;)

No suggestions. None. Nada. Zilch. All you told me was I'd be doing alot of paper work.

I went inactive because I lost the internet for a good time, and you wouldn't give me anything to do, yet you are VERY quick to point out what I CAN'T do. Instead, you hide away from the forum on your secret MSN Address and pretend I don't exist.

And this isn't abobut the vendetta, you're just looking for an excuse. I can quote, from the BOOKS my reasoning, as well as backing it up with perfectly reasonable ideas. You just don't want to listen to them. Once again, you have seen yourself as right, and haven't even given me a chance to plead my case. I'm just not worth it to you, though: what have I done? I don't own a corporation, I wasn't around from the beginning, and I'm not everyone's best friend.

And then, right away, you blame it on me. It is YOUR fault I went inactive, as EVERYTHING I did was immediatly dismissed as 'a vendetta' or some other crap. Not true. And, you blatantly ignore my statements that I can support using the books.

And Nubis, stop being a jackass.
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Fri, October 13th 2006 04:03pm    Post subject:

Quote:
No suggestions. None. Nada. Zilch. All you told me was I'd be doing alot of paper work.

Funny, I recall myself and other admins telling you to try developing the character before... I guess those logs must be in error.

Quote:
I went inactive because I lost the internet for a good time, and you wouldn't give me anything to do, yet you are VERY quick to point out what I CAN'T do. Instead, you hide away from the forum on your secret MSN Address and pretend I don't exist.

I can understand not having the Internet, Xaph. However, as I said above, you don't have to constantly be smashing into Geonosis. ;) You could try developing the character. Also, the fact that you had access to the boards before and after your Internet access was removed, and yet you did nothing until the war was in full swing also makes you suspect. Furthermore, Thrawn understands the chain of command... you apparently don't, since my orders were in-character, and yet you still tried to circumvent me, first in the Imperial forums and now here, trying to make yourself seem like a victim. You're not. You just want to hunt down a player you dislike, and I refuse to be a party to it and commit the assets of the faction I am a member of to help. Ergo, I must be at fault for your inactivity?

Quote:
And this isn't abobut the vendetta, you're just looking for an excuse. I can quote, from the BOOKS my reasoning, as well as backing it up with perfectly reasonable ideas. You just don't want to listen to them. Once again, you have seen yourself as right, and haven't even given me a chance to plead my case. I'm just not worth it to you, though: what have I done? I don't own a corporation, I wasn't around from the beginning, and I'm not everyone's best friend.

Then start quoting the books and give your reasons... all I've seen is attacks against the admins and myself. We're waiting...

Quote:
And then, right away, you blame it on me. It is YOUR fault I went inactive, as EVERYTHING I did was immediatly dismissed as 'a vendetta' or some other crap. Not true. And, you blatantly ignore my statements that I can support using the books.

Correction: invading the planet of your enemy was dismissed because plans were already underway, and they don't include "looting" as you put it. And where are these statements and their support, Xaph? WHERE?

Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segments, Director of Imperial Intelligence
Expand

"The Preying Mantis often sizes up a potential mate while wearing too much eyeliner..." - Velora

"You are so cool, you make James Bond proud..." - My Dad... sarcastically. Don't try to juggle cutlery. :p

Last edited by Ams Jendob on Fri, October 13th 2006 04:10pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Thrawn
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Fri, October 13th 2006 04:07pm    Post subject:

It's pretty hard to do when you've gone and gotten a new MSN address. Plus, by the time I get them, you'll have raffled off my character. And to think you didn't even tell me is a major insult. And you haven't answered a single one of my claims, have you?
 Back to top »
Kalydon Skirata
Aedile

Post Posted: Fri, October 13th 2006 04:11pm    Post subject:

Thrawn wrote:
It's pretty hard to do when you've gone and gotten a new MSN address. Plus, by the time I get them, you'll have raffled off my character. And to think you didn't even tell me is a major insult. And you haven't answered a single one of my claims, have you?

You know instead of yelling at people you could support your argument right here without resorting to calling people jackasses...

Field Marshall Kalydon Skirata
Commander of Stormtrooper Spec Ops and of Strike Force Omega

Forum Rules, Code of Conduct, and Technical FAQ

Xbox Live Gamercard
Expand

Adam Sessler calls out the Halo Haters
Expand
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Fri, October 13th 2006 04:13pm    Post subject:

I edited with a more in depth answer, Xaph. Stop blaming other people for your problems and mistakes, and own up.

Expand

Back to top »
Carlist Rieekan
Master Sergeant

Post Posted: Fri, October 13th 2006 04:16pm    Post subject:

Thrawn wrote:
Instead, you hide away from the forum on your secret MSN Address and pretend I don't exist.

I was told it didn't exist. Am I being made to believe this was in-fact, a lie?

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Fri, October 13th 2006 04:22pm    Post subject:

My computer didn't like Windows Live Messenger, and I had to track down an older MSN version (Thank you, DJ. :)) to install. I do in fact sign on my moffjendob account.

Expand

Back to top »
Carlist Rieekan
Master Sergeant

Post Posted: Fri, October 13th 2006 05:02pm    Post subject:

So there is a secret account?

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Fri, October 13th 2006 05:06pm    Post subject:

There was prior to my move up to my dad's. I haven't used it since.

Expand

Back to top »
Carlist Rieekan
Master Sergeant

Post Posted: Fri, October 13th 2006 05:33pm    Post subject:

I see.

Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Fri, October 13th 2006 05:34pm    Post subject:

Thrawn wrote:

That's not the story you told me, Xaph. You specifically said you went inactive because there was nothing to do until the war started. Here's proof:

Quote:
[01:41:46 PM] Xaph -=- STE: Hey
[01:41:53 PM] Xaph -=- STE: Is there fighting yet in VIII?
[01:42:55 PM] Xaph -=- STE: OMG
[01:43:07 PM] Xaph -=- STE: YOURE GIVING AWAY MY CHARACTYERS
[01:43:07 PM] Xaph -=- STE: I H8 YOU
[01:43:21 PM] Solo - the R: ?
[01:43:54 PM] Xaph -=- STE: Hello?\
[01:44:00 PM] Solo - the R: i'm here
[01:44:12 PM] Xaph -=- STE: Yes, but you didn't say anything
[01:44:23 PM] Solo - the R: i said "?"
[01:44:44 PM] Xaph -=- STE: Yes
[01:44:45 PM] Xaph -=- STE: You did.
[01:44:45 PM] Xaph -=- STE: I don't know why.
[01:44:48 PM] Xaph -=- STE: Because I asked a question.
[01:45:04 PM] Xaph -=- STE: Oh, and then made an angry statement of
outrage and hatred.
[01:45:46 PM] Xaph -=- STE: And, now you've stopped talking.
[01:45:46 PM] Xaph -=- STE: :(
[01:47:01 PM] Xaph -=- STE: You know, I really was just waiting for
something to happen.

So, who are you really telling the truth to?

"You know, if you could apply that smuggler's brain to real politics, you'd be my equal."
"Meaning I wouldn't be able to just draw my blaster and shoot the politicians? What kind of a deal is that?"

---Leia and Han

Last edited by Han Solo on Fri, October 13th 2006 05:35pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Kel
Corporal

Post Posted: Fri, October 13th 2006 06:14pm    Post subject:

Wow, I'm confused...so **** it, who ever gets Thrawn gets him.... :P

No big plagues?
Major invasions?
New STD's?
Tyler said:
bbl
Ah
And this, bbl...
is it dangerous?
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Fri, October 13th 2006 06:29pm    Post subject:

It should be noted... anyone can participate in the contest.

Expand

Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
CMAC Webmaster

Post Posted: Fri, October 13th 2006 08:05pm    Post subject:

Ok, there's a reason why I said not to post OOC stuff here. If you want to complain, complain in a new thread.
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Fri, October 13th 2006 08:23pm    Post subject:

Yeah, uh, how exactly did this fit into the "Suggestions" category?

And, when you have a problem with someone, first of all, you don't make a public display to get everyone upset. Second of all, if you're unable to contact someone via MSN, there is something called "E-mail" :o . Oh, and if that doesn't work, there's also, *drum roll*, PRIVATE MESSAGES! And if you want to resolve a problem, its best not to instantly call them assholes or jackasses. People amazingly don't like that.

Quote:
Also, 'community' complaints seems to be a strange term...the ONLY IC actions I did was with Ams. But he's CMAC, right? That makes him right.

I'd actually say when your only IC actions are with Ams, you aren't really playing the character at all.

Oh yeah, if the entire community thinks you aren't playing him right, then cut with the BS that the CMAC think they are angels.
Quote:
and you wouldn't give me anything to do, yet you are VERY quick to point out what I CAN'T do

Guess what? MAKE something to do. Ams doesn't need to tell you when you eat lunch, what happened while you were eating lunch, what interactions you have...

By the way, Nubis, best of luck. Why'd you get rid of him in the first place? Too busy at the time? Either way, it will be interesting to read that 8 pages :P.

595,000 credits.
3,800 Creds a week.

"The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you're already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able function as a soldier is supposed to function.Without mercy. Without compassion. Without remorse. All war depends upon it"

Ronald Spiers: I bet if you went back two thousand years, you'd hear a couple centurions standing around yakking about how Tertius lopped off the heads of some Carthaginian prisoners.

Carwood Lipton: Well, maybe they kept talking about it because they never heard Tertius deny it.

Ronald Spiers: Maybe that's because Tertius knew there was some value to the men thinking he was the meanest, toughest sonofabitch in the whole Roman Legion.

Last edited by Ravik Shadowstalker on Fri, October 13th 2006 08:25pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Nubis Serin
Thread Killer

Post Posted: Fri, October 13th 2006 09:16pm    Post subject:

I will take the bigger-man route and say that even though you outright insulted me, I still wish you luck in the competition if you so choose to participate.

I did nothing to you to deserve what was said. I'd like an apology.
 Back to top »
Gavin Onasi
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Fri, October 13th 2006 09:49pm    Post subject:

Nubis Serin wrote:
I will take the bigger-man route and say that even though you outright insulted me, I still wish you luck in the competition if you so choose to participate.

Its ok.... the rest of us still love you....

credits: 34,976,000,000 credits

"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
-Ganner Rhysode
 Back to top »
Nubis Serin
Thread Killer

Post Posted: Fri, October 13th 2006 09:50pm    Post subject:

Gavin Onasi wrote:
Nubis Serin wrote:

Its ok.... the rest of us still love you....

Thanks, Gavin!

And ... everyone else ... who ... stil loves me. ^_^
 Back to top »
Darth Avaritus
Corporal

Post Posted: Fri, October 13th 2006 09:51pm    Post subject:

Yeah. Without Nubis, we'd have no INTRIGUE FOR THE MASSES. :P

Rory says:
Darth Avaritus: Sith Lord, Dark Apprentice, Field-Goal Kicker

Expand

---
"We worked it out. Ams and I are equall awesome, just in different fields... though we both admit defeat in the "Creative Ruthlessness" category. The winner of that trophy is undoubtedly Lord Avaritus, with his "punt t3h hed" routine." - Carnor Jax
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Questions and Suggestions » Thrawn's reclamation contest?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: