}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
One concern...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Questions and Suggestions » One concern...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carnor Jax
ECP Member/Faction Lieutenant

Post Posted: Wed, May 31st 2006 05:19pm    Post subject: One concern...

Alright, I'm sure EVERY member of the CMAC saw me coming from a mile away and tried to sandbag themselves in... but... I'm here.

Given the fact that Episode VIII is going to be very war-based, I need to ask the question... "What is the CMAC going to do about the battles?" I personally am involved in two on VII at present, and had to wait a week and a half (alright, I might be exagerating but it feels like it) to get the results of one round. If the entire galaxy is waging war on one another, it is going to put a tremendous amount of pressure on the Battlemaster(s).

I have already made my advisements to Nevin and Ams over MSN, but I have yet to receive an official resolution to this particular problem. I am hoping that, by posting this, more attention can be paid to the situation and a solution be put in place in time for the war.

Thank you all for your time and consideration to my requests and concerns.

"Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Expand

"I gained [my votes] through "legal" means (read: bribes and threats)."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Darth Vader
Sergeant

Post Posted: Wed, May 31st 2006 05:39pm    Post subject:

Nevin's going to try get a battle system program done so it's a lot easier.

Darth Vader, Galactic Emperor

Vader's kittens
Expand

Expand

Expand

DARTH VADER
Muahaha! Here I am! Aren't I just
generally intimidating as hell?
 Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
CMAC Webmaster

Post Posted: Wed, May 31st 2006 08:57pm    Post subject:

Not to mention the reason things aren't getting done as fast is because I'm pressured to get school work done and that everyone has been working on VIII.
 Back to top »
Carnor Jax
ECP Member/Faction Lieutenant

Post Posted: Thu, June 01st 2006 05:05pm    Post subject:

I understand that, and I can certainly sympathize with the issues at hand, Nevin. However I joined the board around All Hallows eve last year and have yet to see a full battle round take less than a week. I will lend my assistance anywhere I can to ensure that things can happen more quickly, but I believe it is somethign that should be resolved quickly so that it can be in place by the time everyone starts kicking each others asses.

"Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Expand

"I gained [my votes] through "legal" means (read: bribes and threats)."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Thu, June 01st 2006 05:09pm    Post subject:

We're well aware of the problem, and are trying to find ways to fix it while still trying to maintain a realistic feel to the system, such as ships only being able to launch a certain number of fighters at a time, fire at targets only using the weapons facing that target, etc...

Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segments, Director of Imperial Intelligence
Expand

Galaxy Map|Board and RPG Rules|Game Guide

"The Preying Mantis often sizes up a potential mate while wearing too much eyeliner..." - Velora

"You are so cool, you make James Bond proud..." - My Dad... sarcastically. Don't try to juggle cutlery. :p
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Thu, June 01st 2006 08:00pm    Post subject:

I think no matter the situation, we just flip a coin. :?

LOL! J/k
Nevin Antilles
CMAC Webmaster

Post Posted: Thu, June 01st 2006 08:05pm    Post subject:

Also, you can't forget that the focus of this RPG isn't the battle system. It wasn't the focus of VII's either. It's character development.
 Back to top »
Space Jawa
Commander

Post Posted: Thu, June 01st 2006 09:08pm    Post subject:

Only thing is, you can't very well develop your character if they die in a battle that went poorly.
 Back to top »
Darth Margera
Private First Class

Post Posted: Thu, June 01st 2006 09:10pm    Post subject:

Exactly. Need we another debate over the balance of Character Development and Strategy in the RPG?
Julian Noble
Sun Quan
And Sparky as himself
 Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
CMAC Webmaster

Post Posted: Thu, June 01st 2006 10:34pm    Post subject:

All I'm saying is that the reason battles are lagging on VII is because there have been higher priorities (designing this site, endgame plot, beginning VIII plot)...
 Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Thu, June 01st 2006 11:08pm    Post subject:

Not to mention folks that take forever to get their order of battles in. We can only do so much until we have those in our PM boxes.

And I have to agree with Cray - we're trying to balance out the system so it's not so much of a workload on us as well as trying to keep it as realistic as possible. It's no easy task and it's disheartening to see all the complaints when we're honestly trying to do our best. I guess all I can say right now is to be a bit more patient and bare with us while we try to put something together.
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Questions and Suggestions » One concern...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: