}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Feature Requests
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Questions and Suggestions » Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Koto-Si News
Private First Class

Post Posted: Sun, May 20th 2007 05:48pm    Post subject:

The front page is pretty blank anyway though, and it doesn't have to be somewhere you see - make a "Links" webpage that has all the ads on it.
 Back to top »
Volytar
First Sergeant

Post Posted: Sun, May 20th 2007 05:50pm    Post subject:

Thats a TERRIBLE idea...the moment we start sticking links to the site everywere is the moment we start getting an influx of n00bs and spambots (that are not that easy to regulate) - frankly its better that the site is found out by word of mouth.
 Back to top »
Koto-Si News
Private First Class

Post Posted: Sun, May 20th 2007 05:55pm    Post subject:

Volytar wrote:
Thats a TERRIBLE idea...the moment we start sticking links to the site everywere is the moment we start getting an influx of n00bs and spambots (that are not that easy to regulate) - frankly its better that the site is found out by word of mouth.

Word of mouth brings in less spambots? I can say from fact that that is anything but true. At SWD we have about what? Thirty or so active members - only about 8 were gotten by sheer word of mouth and among them a bunch of bad players came, while the rest came from advertising. And if we give a select group of people "Sub-Admin" responsibilities, they could use their abilities to ban bots and "n00bs" as soon as possible.
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Sun, May 20th 2007 08:36pm    Post subject:

Nil... WHAT SWD/VIII relationship? :p

Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segments, Director of Imperial Intelligence
Expand

Galaxy Map|Board and RPG Rules|Game Guide

"The Preying Mantis often sizes up a potential mate while wearing too much eyeliner..." - Velora

"You are so cool, you make James Bond proud..." - My Dad... sarcastically. Don't try to juggle cutlery. :p
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Koto-Si News
Private First Class

Post Posted: Sun, May 20th 2007 09:47pm    Post subject:

Ams Jendob wrote:
Nil... WHAT SWD/VIII relationship? :p

If I recall, they had quite strong ties at SWD's inception (including players from here being included on the beta round).
 Back to top »
Solomon

Post Posted: Mon, May 21st 2007 03:53am    Post subject:

Well, as a total outsider, this may come from a particular perspective, but maybe if you could hear me out.

Advertising is good, but as many suggest, it would bring in poor RPers and spambots.

What I would suggest is that you appoint Trainer Admins, who are tasked with the development, tracking and discipline of rookie RPers. Maybe one per major faction AND one overseer for the Independents. In addition, the Trainer Admins are given a standardized RP rookie guide, and the Trainers interpret the guide as they wish.

The trainers really must be people the 3 CMAC approve and trust, because these people would be the filters of the new generation of RPers. CMAC must trust the RPers, for the trainers are there to delegate the duties, as well as to filter consistently poor RPers. I mean if CMAC double-checks or investigates the the Trainers say ban or remove recommendation, then what's the point of trainers?

If too many account applications come at once, then simply hold off until the Trainer Admins "approve" and reduce their rookie RPer load before assigning them new RPers.

A simple way of seperating new Rpers from veterans is having the veterans id'ing themselves as their primary username during application.

Just some thoughts of expanding the player base.

Last edited by Solomon on Mon, May 21st 2007 03:54am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Dr. Gregory House, M.D.
Corporal

Post Posted: Mon, May 21st 2007 04:13pm    Post subject:

I don't think there are three people on this board that CMAC trust :p
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Mon, May 21st 2007 04:35pm    Post subject:

Sure there are.

Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segments, Director of Imperial Intelligence
Expand

"The Preying Mantis often sizes up a potential mate while wearing too much eyeliner..." - Velora

"You are so cool, you make James Bond proud..." - My Dad... sarcastically. Don't try to juggle cutlery. :p
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Dr. Gregory House, M.D.
Corporal

Post Posted: Mon, May 21st 2007 04:46pm    Post subject:

Well, obviously, as there are three of you. But besides you :p
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Mon, May 21st 2007 04:48pm    Post subject:

...Who said we trust each other? >_>

:p

Expand

Back to top »
Surge Skyes
First Sergeant

Post Posted: Mon, May 21st 2007 06:56pm    Post subject:

I want you to name four people you trust here, Ams, then you get a cookie. :P

Grand Air Marshal Surge Skyes

CEO of Skyes Cargo

AWC-180II Red Hawk

1,019,052,120 Cr

6,000 Per Week
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Mon, May 21st 2007 07:05pm    Post subject:

I, um... I TRUST THE COOKIE! :p

Expand

Back to top »
Trassk
Staff Sergeant

Post Posted: Mon, May 21st 2007 07:14pm    Post subject:

I trust the cookie, the milk, the peanuts, and the chocolate chip. :P
-1,165,126 Per Week

"If Godzilla had a gun..."
–Jase Denora

"THE SHARK'S NOT WORKING!"
-Random person working on JAWS

"Beavers and ducks!"
-Some guy on BANDITS.

"I should face my fears by leaping off a roof?"
-Jace

One Trandoshan's a problem. Two is a fight. Three is suicide.
 Back to top »
Surge Skyes
First Sergeant

Post Posted: Mon, May 21st 2007 07:18pm    Post subject:

I ate the cookie... >_> <_<
Really.

Grand Air Marshal Surge Skyes

CEO of Skyes Cargo

AWC-180II Red Hawk

1,019,052,120 Cr

6,000 Per Week
 Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
CMAC Webmaster

Post Posted: Mon, May 21st 2007 09:55pm    Post subject:

http://swviii.swrpgs.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1750&start=75

Don't make me grumpy on my vacation. :( OT goes soon.

Last edited by Nevin Antilles on Mon, May 21st 2007 09:56pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Fri, June 08th 2007 08:48pm    Post subject:

Being able to mark all topics read.

Sometimes when I log in with different characters, it's hard to establish what I've read and what I haven't yet. So usually I log in with my main account, Arlyn, then check all the new highlights... then log off and say go into Ryan's... the highlight indicator may show a new post in the forum, only to be disappointed cause... I already read it. :P

Not that big of a deal, but... maybe its a quick fix? hahaha
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Fri, June 08th 2007 11:24pm    Post subject:

I do the same thing... except I just ignore the lights on my secondary account. :p

Expand

Back to top »
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Fri, June 08th 2007 11:26pm    Post subject:

Problem is that when I'm logged into the secondary account, sometimes new things come up that I don't see because I'm ignoring them.

which those may sometimes roll over when I log back in with Arlyn, then other times they don't.

===

although i sometimes solve that problem by logging into a secondary account twice. :P
Jase Denora
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Fri, June 08th 2007 11:30pm    Post subject:

I just make a note of the times on the posts, that way I know if I've read them when I log in on my other account :P

Lt. Colonel Jase Denora
Leader of The Unknowns, Rogue Jedi, Smexy
The Hugh Hefner of Homicide

Jedi Powers: FS Roll
DT-III Armor: Having the right connections
Mace Windu's Lightsaber: Clever plotting
Getting away with murder: Priceless

Holder of the 10,000th post

Expand
 Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Sat, June 09th 2007 01:51am    Post subject:

I usually just keep two windows open when I'm signed onto multiple accounts. That way if I need to, I can easily switch back to my main if something needs my attention.

"You know, if you could apply that smuggler's brain to real politics, you'd be my equal."
"Meaning I wouldn't be able to just draw my blaster and shoot the politicians? What kind of a deal is that?"

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Sun, October 14th 2007 10:31pm    Post subject:

We need some way to track news easier. :p

Expand

Back to top »
Adria Reyna
First Sergeant

Post Posted: Mon, October 15th 2007 05:23am    Post subject:

Weekly newsletter email/pm?

Can we have the force system yet?
 Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
CMAC Webmaster

Post Posted: Mon, October 15th 2007 01:01pm    Post subject:

@Reyna: I'm currently waiting on our template designers (I can assemble but I can't "paint" them :p) to collaborate and mane some new templates. The Force system, you see, requires a total reworking of our current website. This website was the last one I did before switching to a totally different design paradigm, so it's horribly incompatible with all my other recent work. (and it's messy) So, we figure we might as well go all-out and give the site a new template while we're at it.

@Ams: As for the news tracker... I could just add a "news" category to the submit issue tool. After the site redesign, that is.

(also, the new site will feature the new Issues tool... the one where it's more like a customer support system)
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Mon, October 15th 2007 01:52pm    Post subject:

Ams Jendob wrote:
We need some way to track news easier. :p

What news? :lol:

In all seriousness, Moff, not cool. You know what the issue is, and I don't appreciate this at all. I'll leave it at that. Go to MSN if you want to discuss it more.

"You know, if you could apply that smuggler's brain to real politics, you'd be my equal."
"Meaning I wouldn't be able to just draw my blaster and shoot the politicians? What kind of a deal is that?"

---Leia and Han

Last edited by Han Solo on Mon, October 15th 2007 01:59pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Mon, October 15th 2007 02:50pm    Post subject:

I would vote against allowing users to submit news to the 'ticker'.

It would create many new problems, when we still have a load of older ones to correct...

First, it would become a spam filled section. : / I know users would either use it to promote their product, their faction's right to rule or exist, or recruitment... endless amounts of crap. It would become a biased opinion on the standings of the RPG. For the moment, it gives factual information... nothing more. An Example of this would be: "The Oligarchy of Vita joins the Empire" If users were allowed to post their input,it might evolve into a character/faction bash...

Second, we have the Galactic News Frequency. I have posted in there several times to show the perspective of the Senate proceedings, and when Ams and Arlyn had their bidding war. It was my way to express and show the events that were happening. I scored over 250 views, and I'm guessing that means, those who actively Role Play read it. Or at least, they got the word from msn, pm, or something of the such.

This forum is organized, it's clear what can and cannot be said, and everyone has the right to click and enter or AVOID it. With the Ticker I have the feeling I might see: Alatáriël Pallanén-Davad the ***** of the Rebellion causes galactic chaos.

And personally, that's something I don't want to see on the front page of the RPG. That's a VIEWPOINT. And with so many... passionate viewpoints in this game, it'll get out of hand and fast.

So, if you wish to post your own news, get a News Frequency Station, and type it. It doesn't have to be long. It can be the exact words of the News Ticker, but added expressions or information. Users can PM that station, and the station can choose whether or not to publish it.

(Because if the Admins were to choose what was posted in the News Ticker, that'll be biased... and we all know where that could lead.)
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Questions and Suggestions » Feature Requests
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: