}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Alex Torr v. Petyr Baelish
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Assessment Room » Alex Torr v. Petyr Baelish
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alex Torr
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Wed, October 11th 2006 12:32am    Post subject: Alex Torr v. Petyr Baelish

Setting: Antar IV
Weapons: Anything
Terrain: Rainforest/Jungle, Massassi-like ruins.

IntelForce

Back to top »
Alex Torr
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Wed, October 11th 2006 01:06am    Post subject:

Alex crouched behind the massive tree which now offered him cover against Baelish's attacks. The rain rolled off of him in beads, and soaked his black body-suit, which covered everything but his eyes. Baelish was unlike other foes. He had access to training most soldiers he faced didn't, which made him a bit of a problem, but it still didn't put him in the catagory of the Soverign Protectors he had faced for a solid year in the Yinchorri Training Facilities.

Alex had graduated that training at the top of the IntelForce program, being able to best Crimson Guard in combat, and make Soverign Protectors go all out in efforts to best him. In the end, the Soverign Protectors won, but they had the Force, something Alex should've had as a birth right, being born on Harruun Kal. But his time in the upper plains jungles without the Force only served to make him deadlier.

Breathing slowly, Alex pulled out a small fiber-optic cable he had stuffed into one of the very few slim pockets in the body-suit. Snaking the cable out, and putting the optic to his eye, he spotted slight movement near the ancient ruins. It was Baelish. Stuffing the cable away in the pocket, Alex checked to make sure his vibro-sword was secure, and the holster containing his DC-17 was also secure. The holster changed his profile somewhat, but if he came into a firefight, he didn't want to rely on his vibro-sword to try and deflect blaster bolts. Even the Jedi would have trouble with that.

Alex was too far away for Baelish to spot him at current, but that would change very soon. Readying himself, his leg muscles tensed, as he shot up towards the tree branch above his head. The branch was massive, like the trees themselves. Large enough to conceal two men, if needed, the trunks rose high into the air, and had hundreds of thick branches jutting from their trunks.

Readying himself again, once he flipped up onto the top of the branch, he rocketed out towards the tree to his side, gripping the branch he had aimed for, and acrobatically swining himself up to another branch, and then to one facing the temple. He couldn't help but smile, as he soundlessly made his way to Baelish's position through the trees.

After a few minutes, Alex began dropping down with painstaking care, grace, and agility. Thirty meters from Baelish's position now. Unsecuring his DC-17, he proceeded further towards the position, utilizing every iota of his IntelForce training.

IntelForce

Back to top »
Petyr Baelish
Aedile

Post Posted: Wed, October 11th 2006 01:10am    Post subject:

Petyr smiled as the Imperial fled before him. Brushing a leaf off of his black-and-red armor, he looked up, and said loud enough for his adversary to hear, "Lovely weather, isn't it? I've always loved to fight in the rain. A messy affair at best, but there is nothing like watching the corpse of an enemy soak into muddy ground as his lifeblood spills into the quagmire like whence he came. Indeed I've come to kill you, mister Torr, I've come to cold-bloodedly end your life. I intend to do this, in one means or another. It would be so much simpler if you just came out and let me shoot you in the neck, and a whole lot less painful."

2084rpg.net - Business, science, intrigue, and rebellion.

"Pazaak bores me. I often suspect my opponent of cheating. I prefer predictable games, such as galactic economics."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Alex Torr
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Wed, October 11th 2006 01:34am    Post subject:

Alex smiled to himself, as he used the man's booming voice to mask a few louder moves he had been wanting to make, but been unable to due to the unnatual calmness of the forest, even during the rain.

Twenty meters now, and Petyr still seemed unaware of his position. He was now using the dense foliage near the ground for concealment, abandoning the trees, as they were the most obvious objects to use as cover, and concealment. He know controlled his breathing even more, and waited until an avian flew overhead, screaching loudly as it dived into the forest, plucking it's prey off of a branch to make his next move. The next was masked by the thunder from the storm overhead.

Fifteen meters now. He could risk a few more meters, but then it was time to act, and Alex knew then, the two men would finally resolve who was best. He had no doubt that he was better, but he would not underestimate Baelish, nor would he overestimate him. He would go about the battle as if he were competing against the Crimson Guards of the academy, during the crucible. An entire month of hellish battle between squads of IntelForce, and squads of Crimson Guards, with Soverigns in command.

He thought back to that training, and remembered a small trick he, and others had used to get the upper hand on a small ground of the Guard in simulated jungle. Smileing to himself yet again, Alex picked up a small rock from the ground, and looked up. He was concealed from Petyr by the tree, but he wasn't planning on using it as cover. Planning his trajectory, and path, he sprang into action, leaping to the branch overhead, springing to the next, which now brought him in partial view of Petyr's location. However, the tree was still protected from his line of sight by yet another.

Gauging his trajectory yet again, Alex hurled the rock full force through a clearing in the branches, and swung to another branch which now brought him in full view of Petyr's position. He waited a few miliseconds as the rock found it's mark, a bush, and a particularly dense one, judging by the sound the rock had made. He chose the very second the rock impacted to swing to the ground. Still falling, he pulled his DC-17, and fired three precise shots at Petyr before landing, and pressing his advantage, running towards Petyr still fireing.

He would close the distance, and take it to hand-to-hand, and melee combat. At that point, Petyr was done for.

IntelForce

Back to top »
Petyr Baelish
Aedile

Post Posted: Wed, October 11th 2006 01:44am    Post subject:

Petyr, who had been unnoticably on-edge before any action, sprung into action when he heared a cracking sound from a nearby bush. Pushing himself into a roll, he spun around behind a large, mossy stone. Behind him, he heard blaster shots connect with wet soil and he sniggered. The fool has gone and shown himself.

With his spair hand, he withdrew a Thermal Detonator from one of his many compartments and set the device to detonate on impact. Nodding to himself, he threw it good over-hand clearing the rock and speeding towards his foe.

As the bomb flew, Petyr was already acting. Withdrawing a single of his two Custom Heavy pistols and spun around on the ball of his foot, taking a crouch on the edge of the rock and squeezing two shots at Alex.

"Pazaak bores me. I often suspect my opponent of cheating. I prefer predictable games, such as galactic economics."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Alex Torr
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Wed, October 11th 2006 02:09am    Post subject:

Alex saw the silver glint from the detonator as it soared through the air. Fool, thought Alex, as he changed his momentum, and backflipped, while fireing a bolt at the detonator, barely missing two bolts from Petyr. Alex closed his eyes, as his backflip carried him behind a fallen tree, and the sound of a massive explosion filled his ears. Behind the tree, he felt the heat wave from the detonation of the half pound of baridium.

This man has no finesse, thought Alex to himself, as he snaked his fiber-optic cable over the tree. He saw where the man had moved to before the explosion, but wanted to make sure he hadn't moved. Looking to the ground around the boulder, he spotted it. A long shadow, stretching out behind the boulder. The clouds were begining to clear in the distance, allowing the planet's sun to shine through a bit. Alex couldn't have planned a better advantage. The sun, although only partially showing through, was now at his back.

Carefully, and quietly, Alex made use of this, and slipped over to an upright tree, on the edge of the clearing. He would bring this fight to an end. Climbing the tree, not wanting to risk any more noise than nessecary, he made his way several branches up, and leapt to the next tree in the line. One more tree, and he'd be right above Baelish, but he didn't want to drop down from overhead. He'd have no room to manuever while in the air, and Petyr might be able to snap off a lucky shot in the second or two it took for Alex to drop.

Making his decision, he jumped down on the opposit side of the tree, away from Petyr. He was now eight feet from the boulder where Petyr was located. Checking his other pocket, he sighed. A small explosive charge used for diversions. He would have to sacrifice it. Priming the charge, he set it for one and a half seconds, and tossed it into the air above the boulder, while darting out from his cover, and unsheating his sword.

As he did so, the charge exploded, and Alex leapt over the boulder, spinning mid-air to face Petyr, and landing in a defensive middle-guard. Smileing, he said, "Let's fight like men now, shall we? Or do you still wish to use your petty toys?"

IntelForce

Last edited by Alex Torr on Wed, October 11th 2006 02:10am; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
Petyr Baelish
Aedile

Post Posted: Wed, October 11th 2006 02:13am    Post subject:

Smiling, Petyr spun his hooked vibroglaive from it's sheith on his back in one smooth motion. As the beautiful blade glinted in the sunlight, he swung it in one clean arc across his front, severing the trunk of a small billowing tree. As the tree fell downward, masking his jump, he jumped. As he kicked from the ground, he spun in the air, his polearm spining with him in a deadly dance of scissor and man, towards the Imperial.

Back to top »
Alex Torr
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Wed, October 11th 2006 02:31am    Post subject:

So the man does know something of diversion, if only a crude, brutish type, thought Alex, as he parried the man's blow, and immediatly went on the offensive, launching a light flurry of attacks, relying more on technique, than the brute force in which Baelish was choosing to battle with.

His blade, hand-crafted by an Echani weapons master, sliced gracefully through the air, connecting with Baelish, as Alex went from parry to riposte, and back, testing the man's guard for weakness. Alex's training had been unique at Yinchorr, and in Haruun Kal. He had been trained from birth to battle with fake-opening in his guard. It had been so ingrained into him, that he didn't conciously employ it, nor exploit it when the enemy was busy watching for it. He had the trainers at Yinchorr baffled with the unique trait, and it took them several months of intense fighting to stop looking for the fake opening which seemed so real to even Carnor Jax.

Baelish was in over his head with Alex. Alex had known warfare his entire life. Even when he was a child, he learned the basics of combat, evasion, and stealth, to keep him one step ahead of the predators, and various militia forces on Haruun Kal, and he was employing everything he knew in this battle. It was only a matter of time before he wore down Baelish's guard with his agile, precise strikes.

IntelForce

Last edited by Alex Torr on Wed, October 11th 2006 06:59am; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
Petyr Baelish
Aedile

Post Posted: Sat, October 14th 2006 01:56pm    Post subject:

Engaging in melee with Torr, Petyr began to test his opponent. Well aware of the training programs that recruits are put through at Yinchorr*, Baelish wasn't taking this foe lightly. Swooping in, parrying, and launching counter attacks, the battle grew in furosity.

Finally, when the moment was opportune, Petyr launched an attack...

... and left himself open.

K, not really. :P

Last edited by Petyr Baelish on Sat, October 14th 2006 02:01pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Alex Torr
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Sat, October 14th 2006 10:55pm    Post subject:

Alex smiled inwardly as Baelish attacked, and left himself open. Alex knew it might be a trick, but he didn't have the time to analyze it. He didn't take the opening, but instead blocked the glaive, stepped forward quickly, and shot his leg out into the side of Baelish's knee, intent on knocking him to the ground, while still holding off the glaive with his vibrosword.

IntelForce

Back to top »
Petyr Baelish
Aedile

Post Posted: Sat, October 14th 2006 11:00pm    Post subject:

Nodding inwardly at Torr's dicipline - any lesser fighter would have irrationally sprung for the trap - Petyr twisted so not to be hit roughly but allowed himself to be struck.

Twisting sideways, he aligned the end of his glaive at Alex's chest and activated one of it's two hidden mechanisms - a jet of flame shot out from the butt of the polearm for a fraction. Not enough to harm Torr, but enough time that Baelish rolled backwards and took up a defensive posture.

Back to top »
Alex Torr
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Sat, October 14th 2006 11:51pm    Post subject:

Alex stood at defensive middle-guard, vibro-sword humming with the power from the vibration cell. That was close, but it was merely a diversion. The man was good at diversion, although the trick wouldn't work again.

Launching himself off his right foot, Alex brought his sword in close, and lashed out against Baelish's Glaive. The two engaged into a fierce clash for close to a minute before he stepped back inside Baelish's guard, but this time, when he used his vibrosword to block the glaive, he positioned the hilt aiming towards Baelish's neck, and triggered the button on the hilt. The same milisecond, a blade shot out from the hilt towards Baelish's neck.

IntelForce

Last edited by Alex Torr on Sat, October 14th 2006 11:51pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Petyr Baelish
Aedile

Post Posted: Sun, October 15th 2006 12:03am    Post subject:

Noting that Torr was attempting to get close - for a trick not unlike Petyr's own, no doubt - Baelish entered the class on his guard. As Torr unleashed his hidden surprise, Petyr kicked out at his shin and ducked sideways.

The blade caught his shoulder armor, and while it absorbed some, the Emperor gritted his teeth as it pierced the skin of his shoulder. Turning the pain into a roll, he came to a stop ten feet away from Torr and again took up a defensive guard.

Back to top »
Alex Torr
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Sun, October 15th 2006 12:45am    Post subject:

Alex frowned slightly at the miss, and at the subsiding pain in his shin. He would end this, here, and now. Up until now, Alex had been using his basic martial style in the battle, but he was through with that.

Standing ten feet from Baelish, Alex adopted an Echani combat stance. While at Yinchorr, he had been taught the nuances, and subtleties of the art. The Echani culture held the belief that to know one fully, you must fight them. Echani fighting was not only self-defense, but a form of self-expression, a means of communication similar to art.

To an Echani, a combat between two people said more than hours of talking. They saw a certain purity in the way techniques were used in battle. This philosophy was also taught to Alex.

Smileing to himself, he knew that Baelish was getting tired, as was Alex, but it was only a matter of time before one of them broke. A few seconds later, he launched his attack again.

IntelForce

Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Assessment Room » Alex Torr v. Petyr Baelish
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: