}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Coronet Hotel
Goto page Previous  1, 2
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Corellia » Coronet Hotel
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shayera Jendob
Huggably, Lovably Able to Kill You

Post Posted: Sun, September 03rd 2006 02:17am    Post subject:

As the door shut, I heard Solo's remark. I only lasted a few steps before I burst into giggles, but managed to hold off until I got back to the twins in my room before dropping the restraint and laughing hysterically.

I laughed so hard at the very idea that tears came to my eyes and my sides throbbed. Solo needed his nap more than I expected, I chuckled to myself.

As the laughing subsided, I noticed Kris and Kendra staring intently at me. I grinned, and gave them each a kiss on the forehead. "You two are way more beautiful," I chuckled. "Do me a favor? When you grow up, don't be like Solo?"

Colonel Shayera Jendob - Chief of Security for Supreme Moff Jendob
Expand
 Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Fri, September 08th 2006 09:26pm    Post subject:

The covers that were tucked under his right arm began to shift as Han moaned and rolled over groggily for the first time since his head hit the pillow hours before. He had no clue as to what time it was and no inclination to find out. All he knew was that the bed felt good and he could use a few more hours of sleep...

Slowly, he began to drift off again when the covers shuffled about a second time. This time, Han opened his eyes marginally to investigate the source of the movement. Through the dim light that was filtering in behind the window curtains, Han could make out two distinct forms moving about. At first he thought it was Leia, but then he quickly remembered that she had run off this morning to another peace meeting. So, that meant...

Han sprung upward into a seated position and tore the covers from the bed, casting them to the floor. The two forms recoiled at the movement and let out two high-pitched squeals of surprise and delight. The distinct voices of his children.

With a stiffled sigh, Han ran a shaky hand through his tousled, dark hair and mentally scolded himself for being so uptight. If he would've had his blaster at the bedside like he normally did--he quickly shook the thought from his mind and turned to the twins with a smile.

"Guess you two don't believe in sleeping in, huh?" he joked mildly as he crawled onto his stomach to lay beside the kids. "You can blame your mother for that. Always gettin' up at the crack of dawn only to sit behind a desk and squack at government officials all day. I don't get it." He shook his head in disgust as the kids played amongst themselves, giggling. "You kids should take some tips from your old man," he pointed out with a smug expression crossing his face. "Ya see, it doesn't matter when you drag yourself outta bed since technically, morning is anytime you wake up, right?"

Jonash's brown eyes shifted to look at his father with amusement. "Right!" he shouted in a child's broken Basic before reaching forward and poking Han in the nose.

Han laughed and returned the gesture lightly. Jonash broke out into another fit of laughter at his father's touch. "You try tellin' your mom that," he went on. "Maybe you can make her understand."

"Mommy!" Jaina yelled suddenly.

"That's right, when she--"

"MOMMY!" she screamed again, this time her chubby hand pointing to a spot beyond Han's shoulder. Han reluctantly turned his head to look in the direction his daughter was pointing. There, in the doorway connecting their room to the government offices, stood Leia in her traditional senatorial garb. She didn't look too pleased, but that was sure to change as the twins bolted up from the bed and ran across the room to their mother.

A crooked smile tugged at Han's lips as he rose a little too quickly from his position on the bed. The towel, that was now wrapped loosely around his torso, fell a few inches shy of revealing too much. Han grabbed it quickly and pulled it tighter about his waist, cursing to himself for neglecting to pull on a pair of shorts before falling asleep.

Damn bird woman and always distracting me!

"Uh, Leia, how'd it go?" he managed to ask nervously as he continued to fumble around with the knot that held the towel to his waist. He raised his hand to his head and ruffled his hair in an attempt to straighten it as he began to cross the room to his wife and kids. "How long were you standing there?" he asked cautiously, eyeing the kids before looking back up at Leia's face.

"You know, if you could apply that smuggler's brain to real politics, you'd be my equal."
"Meaning I wouldn't be able to just draw my blaster and shoot the politicians? What kind of a deal is that?"

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Private First Class

Post Posted: Sat, September 09th 2006 12:58am    Post subject:

"Not long," Leia said in a quiet, withdrawn tone. She was actually surprised that he wasn't just as un-enthralled as she was about being in the same room with him again. "I was in earlier, but I had to meet with someone."

She took off her earrings and layed them on a dresser just before she felt two hands pulling at her suit/skirt combination. She looked down and smiled at her two children, as they screamed "mommy" in her ears. She knelt down slightly and began to talk to them.

After she had finished, Leia once again stood to face the inevitable - talking to Han.

Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Sat, September 09th 2006 01:48am    Post subject:

"Someone?" Han probed as he moved over to one of the dressers and pulled out a pair of loose-fitting pants. He tossed them onto the messy bed before turning around so that he was facing her, his brow furrowed. "What's that supposed to mean? Taking things further than peace talks now?"

Han's jaw tightened as he pushed away from the dresser and stomped over to the bed to sit down. Being with the kids and hanging out with Chewie the night before had totally wiped the incident from yesterday, where Leia ejected him from the talks, out of his mind. He never thought he'd be able to forget what she said to him, but it had happened. And now, the only thing that triggered the reminder was the word, 'somone' and the possibility that something more than a peace conference went on behind those walls.

Out of view of the twins, Han discarded the towel about his torso and pulled on the pair of pants. Tightening the draw-strings, Han stood and regarded his wife once more. "What other details did I miss?" he asked with a dark undertone to his voice. "Let me guess, that damn bird goddess reared her ugly feathers again, didn't she? I swear, I'll pluck every damn feather from her back and shove 'em into a pillow. Then I'll make sure I sleep on it every night just to spite 'er!"

"You know, if you could apply that smuggler's brain to real politics, you'd be my equal."
"Meaning I wouldn't be able to just draw my blaster and shoot the politicians? What kind of a deal is that?"

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Private First Class

Post Posted: Sun, September 10th 2006 01:48am    Post subject:

Leia instantly felt the muscles surrounding her jaw bone tighten swiftly as Han once again went through another rant from his own bigotted self. If there was one thing Han would never learn, it was that when Leia got mad at him, she expected a change.

Han never changed. Here he was yet again, knowing damn well that what he was saying would only bring to Leia's mind memories of why she had kicked him out of the conference. Yet, he blatantly continued onward - could he possibly be so stupid that, after all the years that Han had known his wife, that he was oblivious as to what she stood for? The only other option was a far more bitter conclusion - that he simply didn't care.

What kind of example was she setting to the Imperials, the Rebels and the rest of the galaxy by having a husband so in such high an echelon of the Rebel Alliance; a man that was almost as bad as the Imperials he constantly and unforgivingly attacked.

Did he have a point? Sure, about some things. However, attacking a specific race in unending reiteration? That was no point - it could only be his own stupid hatred. At least Leia hated the Empire for a legitimate reason. Hadn't Han once spoken out against the Empire's mistreatment of alien species? He was now only doing the exact opposite. Leia wasn't too fond of the Thanagarian culture as suckups to the Empire, but on a personal level, she found it hard to imagine why Han could possibly so biased against something that he had for which so long hated the Empire.

"Go to bed, kids," Leia instructed. The children obviously thought about putting up a fight, but even their little minds could realize Leia's serious tone. They slowly walked away, leaving her and this stranger alone.

"How," Leia began, drawing out the simple word as far as she possibly could. "How can you even think of saying that?" She paused and took off her over-tunic, throwing it to the ground. "Do you think I was just kidding in that room?! And for your information, bucko, it was not 'that damn bird goddess!'"

Last edited by Leia Organa Solo on Sun, September 10th 2006 01:51am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Mon, September 11th 2006 12:31am    Post subject:

As soon as the kids rounded the corner and disappeared into their own seperate bedroom, all hell broke loose. Leia, who was fairly calm and collected a moment earlier, suddenly turned into a screaming banshee from the depths of one of Corellia's underworlds. Han wasn't surprised in the least. In fact, he expected a response like this and his attitude reflected it.

"Why wouldn't I?" he shot back, eyes blazing with the same intensity Leia was expressing. "I ain't some racist bastard like some people here would like to think!" he paused and glared at his wife accusingly before turning his back and stalking toward the window. "It's her as a person that I can't stand!"

And it was true. Hol had a "higher than thou art" attitude that was ten times worse than Leia's back in the early days of the Rebellion. She seemed to have this mentality that the galaxy revolved around her and her precious rag doll of a husband, Ams Jendob. And together, they were unstoppable. One always supported the other and no matter what was said, their word was law. Han wouldn't be surprised if the two went home each night and spent 2 hours patting each other on the back at how many people they managed to piss off that day. Han had no tolerance for people like that. If only Leia would understand that...

...but he knew he was wrestling with a rancor on the issue.

Clenching his jaw and taking a deep breath, Han changed the subject back to what he originally asked about. "You never answered my question," he stated in a somewhat calmer tone. "You said...she...didn't return. Alright, fine. That's great! But how'd the rest of it go and who's this someone?"

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Private First Class

Post Posted: Wed, September 13th 2006 01:14am    Post subject:

"Why should I even bother telling you?" She yelled as she kicked a shoe off her foot. "All you'll do is take it in some other way and somehow start discriminating against it!"

Han hadn't changed at all! He was still the boisterous asshole that he had been in the negotiation room. What was it going to take to knock some sense into him? He might as well just go to Palpatine's Empire, where hatred of anyone you didn't agree with was as common as the stars in the sky - something the current Empire was far from phasing out.

"If you at all care, I was talking to Jase Denora," she gave him the honor of knowing, something which he did not by any means deserve. "Does that make you happy?!"

She truely wondered why she didn't stay out of here. She should have just entered the room, taken the children and left. Why did she bother to awaken this human ogre? She truely didn't know her husband anymore - as if she ever had. It severely drained her confidence to know that she had chosen such a man that could possibly infuriate her this much.

It almost drove her to the point of tears, and if she had the silence to think about it, it probably would have. She no longer felt safe or secure. She never did when she was mad at her husband. However, it kept culminating - there was a rarely a time, in her mind, when they weren't fighting.

She had to bring herself to face a single fact. They were incompatible. And no, it wasn't in a "haphazard love" or "lucky to be together" sense. It was just pure incompatibility. This argument would determine their future together.

Or lack thereof.

Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Fri, September 15th 2006 11:20pm    Post subject:

"No, it doesn't," Han growled, shaking his head in disgust. Although he was fuming inside at Leia's accusations, he did his best to try and contain it. His outward expression remained fairly calm and showed no hint of anger aside from a slight quirk to the right side of his mouth and a subtle lifting of his brow. That's how he liked it. You had to be looking real close to pick up on small things like that.

"What would make me happy about you holding secret meetings with a washed-up merc trying to impress people by ending a few lives?!" Han crossed his arms over his chest and took a step closer to his wife. "Haven't you stopped to think that I just might care for you?! I guess not since you're standing here and accusing me of discrimination while you hide behind your own pomp and self-pity. I guess I can group you in with all the other politicians now, huh? Corrupt and simple-minded. Makes things nice and simple for me!"

Han turned away in a huff and reached into another drawer to grab a shirt and jacket. He never intended the conversation to take this turn but there was little now he could do to change it. Leia had turned into the same unapproachable leader she had been in the years following Yavin. Han knew from experience that trying to work things out with her in this state was near to impossible. It would be better to just let her alone to toil over her own petty desires. Dinner could wait. But still, maybe one last thing would break through that thick skin she had put up...

Tugging on his shirt, Han moved pass her toward the outer chambers of their bed suite. He reached into the inner pocket of his jacket and pulled out a small, metallic object with nine, evenly placed dots across its square surface. With a simple flick of his wrist, the object was flipped into the air in Leia's direction. "And you might want this back," he mumbled. "I ain't got no need for it anymore. I'm done."

---Leia and Han

Last edited by Han Solo on Fri, September 15th 2006 11:39pm; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Private First Class

Post Posted: Mon, September 18th 2006 01:20am    Post subject:

"Good, I 'ain't got no need for this anymore' either!" she mocked and let the insignia fly past her. She wasn't too concerned with their marriage at the moment. In fact, Han had probably done something she never had the courage to do - she had to accredit that to him. In return, she pulled off her wedding band and tossed it at him.

"Have fun in oblivion," Leia growled as she pushed Han out of the chamber door, closing and locking it once he was a few centimeters clear of the door. She felt a tug at her leg. Looking down to see Jaina, Leia attempted to smile a bit. "What's wrong, honey?"

"Why is you yelling?" She whimpered.

Leia picked her up and held her in her own arms. "Don't worry about it. Let's just get you to bed, hmm?" Jaina was still suspicious, questioning Leia as she walked slowly to the children's beds.

She was surprised at herself - she didn't feel remorse yet. However, it was only a matter of time before the realization dawned.

Last edited by Nevin Antilles on Mon, September 18th 2006 12:50pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Surge Skyes
First Sergeant

Post Posted: Mon, September 18th 2006 03:09pm    Post subject:

The Red Hawk soared over the Coronet Hotel and hovered over the landing pad. The ramp opened with a hiss and Surge stepped out, his brown hair blowing in the wind. He stepped through the front doors and into the Coronet Hotel. A blast of fresh air hit Surge in the face, and he could feel the tempurature drop a few degrees. He walked over to the desk attendant and said,
"What room is Han Solo in?"
An idea is that Surge is leading a new Rebel Campian. It'll start with putting up a base on Talooran. I'll change this if it isn't leagal. 8)

Grand Air Marshal Surge Skyes

CEO of Skyes Cargo

AWC-180II Red Hawk

1,019,052,120 Cr

6,000 Per Week

Last edited by Surge Skyes on Mon, September 18th 2006 06:42pm; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
Surge Skyes
First Sergeant

Post Posted: Mon, September 18th 2006 06:28pm    Post subject:

Surge leaned back on the wall of the building, thinking of all the flaws in the galaxy. He shook his head. The empire wasn't the only one who had the either. As the Rebelion grew, its corruption in it grew to. It still was a far greater cause than the Empire, but it was still troubling. Surge wandered outside of the Coronet Hotel, letting the wind blow through his hair. He had completely forgot about the whole mater of Solo. Surge thought deeper on the matter. It was troubling. He sighed. What if I could make it better? This though jumped into his mind. And it stuck. If I could fix the galaxy, I'd do it in a heartbeat. He walked over to the Red Hawk. Surge then typed in the ramp code, and walked on-board. And I can fix it. All I need is support. The Rebel Alliance shall not die. But before Surge started his Ion drive, he stopped. Starting a campian was one thing that could help the alliance. But not very long. He sat back in his chair, his mind lost in thought.

CEO of Skyes Cargo

AWC-180II Red Hawk

1,019,052,120 Cr

6,000 Per Week

Last edited by Surge Skyes on Mon, September 18th 2006 06:41pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Tue, September 19th 2006 01:40am    Post subject:

The small metallic object, which was no doubt her wedding band, sailed through the air and struck Han just below the temple as he attempted to duck out of the way. He recovered and glowered at the symbolic object of their marriage before realization dawned on him. She was breaking everything off. What started as a small argument in the meeting room yesterday now escalated into a full-blown war which now was gonna end most likely in seperation.

Han gaped at her for a moment, for once without words, and just stared at her dumbly. Not only was she breaking up with him, she didn't even bat an eye at the announcement of his resignation from Commander in Chief. So much for that idea...

Before Han had time to mill things over further, he found himself being shoved toward the door by two rather strong hands. A wave of anger crossed his features as he glanced over his shoulder to see Leia pushing him with determination. For a split second, Han thought she had been joking when she discarded her wedding ring, but seeing her face and the grim expression she wore said otherwise.

"Wait--Leia!" he stammered in a last ditch effort to turn things around. Things could still work out. They had to! She couldn't possibly get along by herself with twins and another kid on the way aside from her Alliance duties! "C'mon, Leia! I was just jokin'!" Pitiful, Solo...

The door slid open into the dark corridor beyond as Leia still remained set in her ways. With a grunt from Leia and one final push from behind, Han found himself thrown out into the hall. He staggered and swung his body around just in time to see the door close on the face of the woman he thought he loved.

Without thinking, he rushed back to the door and tried the activation switch. It resounded in a soft beep before the indicator turned red, signifying that the door had been locked. He stared dumbly at it for a long moment before he couldn't contain his anger anymore. The red light on the indicator appeared to be mocking him and the desperate situation he found himself in. For a moment, he thought he saw Leia's face appear within the red hue of the display to taunt him. That was the last straw...

With a feral growl that would put a Wookiee to shame, Han balled his hands into fists and slammed them into the durasteel door panel. Of course, it had no effect on the door itself, but it still proved to be an outlet in which he could release some of his anger, frustration and remorse. Maybe if his dumb luck held up, Leia would even take the hint and unlock the door.

So much for that Solo luck...

After countless mintues of standing before the closed door, pounding his fists, yelling and pleading to Leia to accept him back, he finally gave up and slumped back against the wall adjacent to their room. His body slowly slid down the wallpapered corridor before he crumpled into a heap on the floor. He had receieved no answer.

So, it was too good to be true - a princess and a guy like him. He scoffed at his own thought and shook his head in disgust. Love. Why did he ever fall for that again? It only got him into trouble the last time and now, here he was again in the same situation. Why he spent years buliding up their relationship, risking his life for her and actually bothering with a family he would never understand. Where did it get him? Right back where he started - sitting on his ass and left to rot in the depths of Corellia. Of course he wasn't some hapeless child anymore, he still had Chewie, the Falcon and the Alliance, but he was that same loner again. Something that became somewhat infamous with him and he could never get away from. His namesake, even. Solo. Was he destined to always stay that way?

Han shifted where he sat uncomfortably and lowered his hazel eyes to study the wedding band on his own hand. It glinted slightly in the dim overhead lighting as he slowly moved his index finger over the smooth, metallic strip. With a sigh, he began to wiggle it free when a hulking shadow appeared above him.

With reflexes quicker than the average person, Han cleared his blaster from the holster at his thigh and aimed the weapon at the newcomer. Recogniztion soon dawned on his face as the figure turned out to be his co-pilot. The Wookiee cocked his head and woofed with concern at his partner.

"Nah, I'm fine pal," he resolved, lowering the blaster and rising to his feet with some difficulty. "Just figured I'd get some fresh air. Little stuffy in there with all of us together." A weak version of his lopsided grin spread over his features briefly before he began to move down the hallway.

Chewie, who was now following at a short distance, didn't look convinced and woofed yet another question to the human.

Han's head snapped back around to look at the Wook with surprise. "How'd ya know?" he asked in a near whisper. The giant creature began to explain but Han couldn't take it anymore. Closing his eyes from the pain, he shook his head and raised a hand to stop Chewie in mid-sentence. "That's enough," he stated. "Not like it matters anymore anyway. It's over. We got other things to worry about now."

Another woof.

Han pursed his lips and paused for a moment. It was a fair question and Han had thought about it briefly outside before finally coming to a decision. He would stay with the Alliance - just to help things along for a while. Allow them to get back on their feet and possibly even get through this war, then maybe he could re-evaluate his position. Who knows, maybe Leia would even come crawling back to him in that time. "Well, the Alliance for one," he explained with his cocky demeanor returning. "We're heading back to Denon. And I don't care what her Holy Highness thinks, she can get her own transport off planet. She dumps me, she dumps her ride too. I ain't some taxi service. Last time that happened, it got me hooked up with a crazy old man and a farmboy. Don't want that happening again, huh?"

Chewie made some other comment and it made Han laugh as the two entered the turbolifts that would take them to the lobby and then onto the spaceport. Maybe it would be better for him to be alone for a while anyway. After all, people claimed married life was making him soft. It would be nice to get back some of that edge.

With a new outlook on things, Han, followed by Chewie, left the Coronet Hotel and made their way down the wide avenue to the spaceport where the Falcon was docked.

---Leia and Han

Last edited by Han Solo on Tue, September 19th 2006 09:38am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Surge Skyes
First Sergeant

Post Posted: Tue, September 19th 2006 02:43pm    Post subject:

Surge stepped out of the Red Hawk into the dazling daylight. He walked towards the entrance of the Cornet Hotel. Surge then saw Han Solo and his wookie co-pilot out of the corner of his eye. He turned around and shouted,
"CiC Solo?"

CEO of Skyes Cargo

AWC-180II Red Hawk

1,019,052,120 Cr

6,000 Per Week

Last edited by Surge Skyes on Tue, September 19th 2006 02:44pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Tue, September 19th 2006 03:35pm    Post subject:

This takes place right before Han and Chewie's departure from Corellia.

As Han and Chewie stepped out into the late afternoon sun, a voice called out from the other side of the avenue which caused heads to turn and the casual passerby to hesitate for a moment. When Han realized the voice was calling his name, he shoved his hands into his pockets and lowered his head with a cringe. To the Corellians, Han was a living legend and calling out his name in a public square was sure to draw attention. Not to mention the fact that the person had used the "Commander in Chief" title. Kriff, he hated that title now.

Some of the people in the crowd began to catch on and others even spotted him, but Han was quick to avoid the encircling wall of people. He made a bee-line for the edge of the crowd, using Chewie as a battering ram to keep bodies out of his way. Not many people wanted to mess with a fully grown Wookiee.

Han finally reached the source of the voice and scowled at the young man. He grabbed the man by the shoulder and pulled him into a secluded alley way out of the limelight of the crowds. Chewie took up position at the entrance to keep any stragglers away while Han turned his focus back to the young man. "That wasn't very smart, kid," he began in a chiding tone. "Could've caused a riot out there." He stole a quick glance at Chewie before his expression softened a bit. "Although, you have a good eye to even have spotted me. Whaddya want?"

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Surge Skyes
First Sergeant

Post Posted: Tue, September 19th 2006 06:24pm    Post subject:

Surge was a little shaken from Solo's response, though he knew he deserved it. He stood up a little straighter, putting himself at about eye level with Han. He then said,
"Thanks. Names' Surge Skyes. You might have heard of me, but if not, you could check an Imperial 'wanted' list. Anyhow, I got a little proposal for you, with all that stuff 'bout people calling you an Imperial scum on the HoloNet, I thought that I might be able to help ya."
Surge reached into his pocked and pulled out a Datapad containing a star map. He brought up the display and zoomed in on the Inner Rim. He focused in on a planet near a cluster of Imperial worlds, then pointed to one.
"The planet's name is Selvaris. It's one of the few Galactic Republic worlds on that side of the entire Inner Rim. And that's a big area. Anways, the GA could use some intelegince on the planets here for the up-coming war, and this is how we'll get it. I'm not necissarly thrilled, but it shouldn't be voilent, and hopeful be quick. As said before, we just want to minimze civilian loses if the war does come. Maybe we could even prevent the war."
Surge then dropped his voice a whisper.
"I have some very important details on this, however. And as I've been told, it should pay well."
Surge looked around before continuing.
"Maybe you could come over to my ship, the Red Hawk, for a little more secure conversation. Anyhow, with this plan, no one would be accusing you of being scum." Surge motioned toward his ship.
After you post, let's have the convo on MSN. :P

CEO of Skyes Cargo

AWC-180II Red Hawk

1,019,052,120 Cr

6,000 Per Week

Last edited by Surge Skyes on Tue, September 19th 2006 08:37pm; edited 5 times in total
 Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Tue, September 19th 2006 08:55pm    Post subject:

"Imperial scum?" The right side of Han's mouth upturned into a lopsided grin at the information this Skyes guy was relaying. He shook his head in good humor and rubbed a hand across his brow. "No, it wasn't Imperial scum. It was..." he paused here to clear his throat. "...something else."

Of course he didn't want to get into the details of some of the things said on the Holonet and quickly changed the subject. This guy had an interesting proposal - one that he would've seriously considered if he were still in charge of the military. But as it stood right now, he wasn't the right guy for the job. It reminded him a lot of planet diplomacy and Han was no good at that. Leave that to the politicians.

"Look, I don't know if I got the time to sit around and discuss business over a bottle of whiskey," Han explained half jokingly. "I'm on a tight schedule with places to go. I could probably take a quick look at it, but I ain't making any guarantees."

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Private First Class

Post Posted: Wed, September 20th 2006 12:47am    Post subject:

Note that this is a little after Han left.

Leia awoke in the night to a cold breeze. Arising from her slumber, she looked around the dark room to locate the origin of the breeze. Instead, she found no open windows or any ventilation active. She wrapped her arms around her thinly clothed body. It must had just been a cold sweat.

She stood up and activated a small glow panel to the left of her bedding. The miniscule point of light didn't project very far, but it illuminated the surroundings enough so that she could be allowed to walk over to the kitchenette and fill a small cup with some water. She drank it but found it didn't satisfy her.

Sighing beneath an audible range, Leia put the cup into the sink and walked back over to her bed. As she sat back down, she produced a datapad from the drawer to her right. She activated the device and turned off the glowing light. The text from the pad was lit enough to allow for easy reading at night. Leia always found that some work helped her get to sleep.

Ugh, she thought. A copy of the negotiations. She turned it off and lied back on the soft bed. All those negotiations would remind her about her fervid, boisterous, caustic, annoying, unpleasant, discommodious, intemperate, unpalatable husband.

But then again, that was probably the reason she woke up. She encircled her ring finger with her hand; the spot where her ring at once been yielded only a smooth mark of dead skin from all the time she had worn the jewelry.

After all the things she knew he should never had done, Leia had to admit throwing him out may not have been the best decision. She missed him in spite of herself. She adjusted her head on the pillows before closing her eyes. She had to resolve this.

...tomorrow.

Back to top »
Surge Skyes
First Sergeant

Post Posted: Wed, September 20th 2006 03:21pm    Post subject:

Surge lay on the bed of the Red Hawk's cabin, thinking of what Han had said. He chuckled to himself. A bottle of whiskey would have been good. He reached over to his cabin's desk and picked up the Corillean ale he had been drinking, and took a few sips before setting it back down. He hopped Han had understood what he was saying; reconassince, a little bit of sabotoge, it didn't seem like the kind of thing Han would turn down.
Then again, he didn't turn it down. Surge reminded himelf. Han had said he was thinking about it. He hopped that the CiC would agree for the mission though. He needed another exeptional pilot and commando. Plus, he could always make the rest of the guys smile. Surge then rolled over in his bead, and fell asleep.

CEO of Skyes Cargo

AWC-180II Red Hawk

1,019,052,120 Cr

6,000 Per Week
 Back to top »
Surge Skyes
First Sergeant

Post Posted: Thu, September 21st 2006 11:40pm    Post subject:

Surge woke up the next morning to the warm Corrilean sun. He yawned, rolled out of bed, and dressed is his battered officer's uniform. He wandered to the small mess hall and made himself some coffee. Surge yawned again, and sat down at the table. He took a sip of coffee again, and then thought of his funds. He needed cash. He didn't have much at the moment, and he needed an equipment upgrade. Leaned back and tried to think of something he could do to make a quick several hunderd grand, or preferbly, mill. He then thought, Another reason to go on the campian... it'll pay nice. He continued to sip his coffee.

CEO of Skyes Cargo

AWC-180II Red Hawk

1,019,052,120 Cr

6,000 Per Week

Last edited by Surge Skyes on Thu, September 21st 2006 11:41pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Surge Skyes
First Sergeant

Post Posted: Sat, September 23rd 2006 05:29pm    Post subject:

Surge jogged to the front of the Red Hawk. He hopped into the cockpit and began to power up the engines. Surge turned around and shouted down the hallway,
"Plasma? Plasma! Get over here!"
A small droid appeared around the corner. He was simmlar to the R2 series, yet only 2 feet tall, legs included. His stripes were a bright olive- which alloud him to blend in with the Red Hawk.
"Plasma, check the hyperdrive, we're leaving Corellia."
Surge continued to type in the co-ordinantes for the planet Selvaris. The Red Hawk rose into the sky, and jetted away from Corellia's atmoshere.

CEO of Skyes Cargo

AWC-180II Red Hawk

1,019,052,120 Cr

6,000 Per Week

Last edited by Surge Skyes on Sat, September 23rd 2006 05:55pm; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Corellia » Coronet Hotel
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: