}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Throne Room/Office of the Patriarch
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Annaj (Terra) » Throne Room/Office of the Patriarch
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sun Quan

Post Posted: Tue, June 20th 2006 08:07pm    Post subject: Throne Room/Office of the Patriarch

Sun Quan sat in his Marble Throne, on the floor of the Throne Room. Tarpin's Golden Throne still sat, as it always did, on it's raised platform of stairs, empty, a testament to the peoples' anticipation of Tarpin's glorious return.

Yet they seemed not to realize Tarpin wasn't perfect. In fact, he was far from it. He had taken the planet through force, imposed a few quite harsh laws, and generally ignored his own Council, the Lords of Terra. So Sun Quan waited, not making a fuss, never speaking unless absolutely necessary, until something happened. Luckily for him, as if by Divine Intervention, Tarpin had put himself in a Stasis field and slept away a year, putting a weak-willed Steward in charge.

Sun Quan had made sure that he relieved the throne, willingly or not. But with Tarpin's awakening growing closer everyday, the Patriarch was beginning to grow anxious; the people would support Tarpin, not him, despite the fact that he had seized the planet, overpopulated it with off-worlders, and instated a religion, with himself at its head.

The Patriarch knew that Tarpin could not wake up. Should that happen, the people of the Heirarchy would suffer. So began to think of a plan to end Tarpin's life before he could defend himself.

There were many different ways to ensure he remained unconcious. He could simply reset whatever device that had put him to sleep. But then he would wake up the next year... no. He had to kill him. But without any knowledge of his whereabouts, Sun Quan could not succeed.

So he turned to the lifeless droid, standing to his right.

"Have you any knowledge on Tarpin's location?" He said, dismissing the formalities. He personally hated droids, a product of his natural disgust for technology.

"What sir? Oh! The Holy-... er... the Chamber of Lord Tarpin?" replied the droid, somewhat surprised by the sudden outburst.

"Yes. Do you know anything about it?"

"Only that Lord Tarpin, Head of the Lords of Terra and ruler of the planet Annaj went into a year-long hibernation to think about things about one year ago. The rest of my memory was recently wiped, sir."

Sun Quan cursed under his breath. He had wiped all of the palace droids' memory to be sure no one would know what had transpired in the final shift of power between Yeltrand and himself.

So he slumped in his throne, aware that someone must know Tarpin's location.

Last edited by Sun Quan on Wed, June 21st 2006 11:10pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Sun Quan

Post Posted: Wed, June 21st 2006 08:24pm    Post subject:

Sun Quan, the self-proclaimed Patriarch sat in his throne, racking his brain, yet still found himself unable to think of a solution. So, desperate, he thought of things in their simplest terms.

Tarpin is a threat.

Tarpin must be eliminated.

Tarpin must be found.

Someone who knows Tarpin's location must be found.

"Droid!" the Patriarch blurted out, shattering his own train of thought.

"Ah- y-yes sir?" The droid answered, once again startled as Sun Quan rose from his seat.

"Who designed Tarpin's Chamber?" Sun Quan asked, Tarpin's Chamber being the name for whatever device kept him sleeping.

"I believe it was the architect Sandros." The droid stated, matter-of-factly.

"I want him here. I have a new building I want him to design."

"Yes, Patriarch." The droid finished before leaving the room, his legs stiffly carrying him to the door.

Sun Quan had no building he wanted designed. The droid needed to be kept in the dark, as his obedience could prove to be a liability.

Post Posted: Wed, June 21st 2006 11:42pm    Post subject:

Before too long, Sandros the Architect entered the room. He was a well-known and succesful architect (hence the name), and it was no surprise Tarpin had hired him to design his box; both men liked elegance, and grand gestures of one thing or another, even if completely unnoticable.

However the Architect's outfit was... awe-striking, to say the least, especially in contrast to Sun Quan's, and his son Sun Ce's, had now stood beside him. Sun Quan wore a heavily detailed crimson and yellow jacket and underneath, just a brown shirt and red pants. His son wore a similar outfit, though it was less modest, showing off his broad chest and shoulders.

But Sandros' outfit, green on some areas and white on the others was very elegant, streaming with every step he took and still conveying a love of nature. In fact, had Sandros not been wearing it, the Patriarch may even have considered it radiant, or even beautiful. It reminded Sun Quan of his wife. The robe and vest did seem more suited to a woman, and, as Sun Quan recalled, many said that the architect was quite effeminate.

Or, as Julian Noble, the Lord Baron liked to put it,
Fruity little bastard, that one. Wouldn't bend over too far 'round him.

One of these days he needed to get a new Lord Baron.

"You have need of me, Patriarch?" Sandros said, softly, though loud enough to drag Sun Quan from his thoughts.

"Yes, Sandros. I need to know the location of Tarpin's Chamber." he said, getting to the point. The man's prescence was very uncomfortable.

"I can not reveal that yet, Sun Quan. I was sworn to secrecy." Sandros stated. His voice was full of passion, though it was smooth and soft enough to calm a wild beast pumped full of combat meds. The patriarch felt tortured by his voice; he had to end the conversation. However, he managed to keep cool long enough to finish what he need to say.

"Yes, but I fear he needs protection. An enforcement unit earlier today caught an assassin who's target was obviously Lord Tarpin, and, though he hadn't caught onto his location yet, it was also quite obvious that there were a good number of other hitmen after him. I fear if we don't find him soon, we may never at all."

"But why would anyone wish to kill our favorable lord?"

Sun Quan flinched; the addition of the word 'favorable' only reassured Tarpin's need for removal.

"Well, though Tarpin was generally well-liked, as he favored the Middle and lower classes while still providing a fair society for the upper-class, he interfered heavily with underworld traffic, and it's quite easy to make it to the top of any Underground Warlord's hitlist."

"I fear... I fear you are right. I have a feeling in my gut... it tells me he is in danger. I will show you you the way."
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Annaj (Terra) » Throne Room/Office of the Patriarch
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: