}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Tops Bar, Imperial Center
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Coruscant » Tops Bar, Imperial Center
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nubis Serin
Thread Killer

Post Posted: Tue, June 20th 2006 11:05pm    Post subject: Tops Bar, Imperial Center

As the speeder approached Tops Bar, one of the more ellegant and higher-end social clubs on the planet, Nubis shifted uneasily in his seat. The air was cool today, leaving Nubis with a chill on the back of his neck. Something about bringing the Illuminatum back together brought him back, his mind filling with memories of hooded figures and some of the more seedy places of the galaxy.

"Here we are, Mr. Serin," the pilot called back, easing the speeder to the platform. "Tops Bar, VIP enterance. Shall I ring the desk, sir?"

Nubis cringed a little, nodding to the pilot. "Table for two."

The man nodded and quickly called in the reservation. He looked back at Nubis and smiled, "All set, sir. Enjoy."

"Thank you." He stepped out of the speeder and onto the platform giving a quick scan of the area before heading through the familiar archway.
 Back to top »
Nubis Serin
Thread Killer

Post Posted: Wed, June 21st 2006 05:56pm    Post subject:

"And a glass of Varissian Brandy while you're at it," Nubis shrugged as he took a seat at his secluded table. The same table, mind you, which he had sat at when the Illuminatum was first formed only a few years ago.

He drummed his fingers on the table, scanning around the bar looking for people of a more well-known persuasion. In one corner he caught a glimpse of a particularly round Imperial Moff stuffing his face with a plate of Bantha Steak. At another table sat a couple which had recently blossomed in the entertainment district. Two of the most well-known holovid actors of the day. Aside from a couple more non-descript citizens, this side of the bar was lifeless.

Nubis smirked, taking a sip from the glass as it arrived. "Took too long," he commented to the leisurely waiter. "I want it complimentary."

The man looked shocked for a moment then nodded, "Of course, sir."

He smiled, taking another sip from the glass, waiting. Waiting for the right moment for his contact to arrive.
 Back to top »
Agent of the Illuminatum

Post Posted: Wed, June 21st 2006 06:06pm    Post subject:

And the right moment did indeed arive, perhaps sooner than Nubis had expected. A being in a long white cloak, unembellished but with a deep cowl entered the bar and went straight for the table. It took a seat and nodded once, voice thick through an electronic modulator. The beings hands, sheathed in long white gloves, moved to clasp on the table before it. The cowl turned to face the Grand Master directly, the rasps of breathing passing through the voice scrambler. "Good evening, Nubis. Been a while, it has."
 Back to top »
Nubis Serin
Thread Killer

Post Posted: Wed, June 21st 2006 06:20pm    Post subject:

Another smirk played across Nubis' lips as he set the glass down, looking up at the hooded figure. "Indeed, Agent. It certainly has." He waved a hand casually. No Force at play, just a gesture. "You must excuse me, Agent, for I do not know which of my former trustees is sitting before me. Would you be so kind as to identify for me your illumination?" He sat back in his chair, eyeing the darkened hood carefully.
 Back to top »
Agent of the Illuminatum

Post Posted: Wed, June 21st 2006 06:24pm    Post subject:

A low chuckle resounded as static from the voice scrambler. The arms lifted and folded inside the opposite sleeves, looking like a monk going through a rite of passage. Its voice, even through the scrambler was almost hurt, though clearly mocking. "Surprised, I am, that remember me you do not. Kraken, this is."

The being leaned forward, placing his folded hands on the table. Even though the eyes could not be seen, it was clear that all attention was focused on Nubis and on Nubis alone.
 Back to top »
Nubis Serin
Thread Killer

Post Posted: Wed, June 21st 2006 06:28pm    Post subject:

He couldn't help but laugh to himself. Nubis was wise to ensure that this meeting was held with a true Illuminatum and not some deeply seeded agent of squandering government. But this reaction was all he needed for the affirmation. "Ah, Kraken, yes. One of the most promising and honored Illuminatum." He leaned forward in his chair a little, eyeing the hood a bit deeper. "You see this place, Kraken? This bar?"
 Back to top »
Agent of the Illuminatum

Post Posted: Wed, June 21st 2006 06:36pm    Post subject:

The hood swiveled from side to side, then back to Nubis. "Recognize it I do, Nubis. A place of sin this is, of gluttony and greed. Where vice is exchanged like fleas on a bantha..." The figure paused, almost seeming to snif the air. The cowled face pulled back slightly, the voice taking on a satisfied tone.

"But, too, a place of new beginings. The depths of despair, this place brings out, where manipulation of emotion is accomplished most easily." The figures fingers unclasped, laying palm flat on the table. "Valuable my time is these days, Nubis. For what reason have you summoned me?"
 Back to top »
Nubis Serin
Thread Killer

Post Posted: Wed, June 21st 2006 06:55pm    Post subject:

The smirk on Nubis' face washed away into a most stoic gaze. "I want it," he said simply and with a tone that could freeze any sun. "I want it cleared out and transformed into a new clubhouse. A place for people of moral worth to come and relax after a day swimming in the scandal-infested waters of the government. The true heros of the galaxy deserve a place to call their own." He looked around at the other tables, still occupied by their guests. "Prove your loyalty to the Illuminatum once more, Kraken, in this new age."
 Back to top »
Agent of the Illuminatum

Post Posted: Wed, June 21st 2006 07:04pm    Post subject:

Kraken nodded once, then rose from the table and walked to the back of the bar. One of the bouncers tried to stop him, but the being spun and hammered the flat of his hand against the human's breastbone, knocking him back 8 feet into a table. A swish of its white-gloved hand parted the hanging beads that made for a doorway, and the Agent vanished into the back room.

It was almost an hour, by the time all was said and done, but the display behind the bar flashed "Last Call." Kraken walked out of the back room with a datacard in his hand, and a trembling, pudgy humanoid stepped out close after. The man was quivering visibly, pale as a sheet, and quickly exited the bar. One by one the customers, grumbling about being kicked out, began to exit the establishment. Kraken sat across from the Grand Master of the Illuminatum and slid the datacard over.

"Most generous, the propreitor was in selling his establishment. Decided, he did, that tired he was of peddling vice to the less fortunate. A change of lifestyle, he said, would be most wise." The beings hands folded in front of him, an aura of self-satisfaction radiating from the white-cloaked Agent. The voice, however, took on a hiss. "And call me, you did, to buy a bar? A joke, this had better be, else I walk out now and see me again, you never will."
 Back to top »
Nubis Serin
Thread Killer

Post Posted: Wed, June 21st 2006 07:10pm    Post subject:

Nubis' face paled with anger, a wave of absolute fury washed through his body as the Agent ended his question. And with a deep breath and a look which could kill, Nubis quieted himself. "You listen to me, Kraken! How dare you sit there and treat me with such audacity!" He stood up from the table, slamming a fist down. "Try my patience again and indeed, I won't be seeing you around."
 Back to top »
Agent of the Illuminatum

Post Posted: Wed, June 21st 2006 07:17pm    Post subject:

Krakens voice was self-satisfied, even through the scrambler. "Say that, you do, as if any power to stop me you did. Serve you, I do, because agree I do on certain premises. However, risk my exposure you do on missions of such triviality. So ask you, I do, do cut the bantha crap and tell me what true mission you have."

Kraken leaned forward, clasping its hands and laying them on the table again. "Forgotten, it seems, were the events of a year ago in which I alone proved my loyalty to you. Promied you, I did, that my loyalties do not waver. If doubt me you do, then why call me? Stinks of testing, this situation does, and I do not like being tested."

The being leaned back, folding his arms within his cloak once more as the invisible eyes locked on Nubis. "Only serves me, your anger does. Release your rage at your perception of my words and let us cooperate as individuals. Worked in the past, this method has - why change it now?"
 Back to top »
Nubis Serin
Thread Killer

Post Posted: Wed, June 21st 2006 07:25pm    Post subject:

He looked up, turning his gaze away from Kraken and looked around the bar. Empty, yes, but something was still strange about it. Something had yet to be accomplished here. It was of no concern to Nubis at the moment. Especially with his most trusted agent acting in such a manner. He looked back at the figure and laid a hand on Kraken's hooded head.

"You don't want to be tested, I understand. But you must, Kraken, see it from my point of view. For too long, I've been away. Where, I will not discuss nor need you be concerned. But know this, you are not to treat me in this manner if you wish to remain an Illuminatum. I can make all sorts of promises, but the promise of eternal friendship is most important to me." He removed his hand, sitting back down at the table and taking a sip from his glass.
 Back to top »
Agent of the Illuminatum

Post Posted: Wed, June 21st 2006 07:43pm    Post subject:

Kraken nodded once, rising from the seat to pace. Its modulated voice spoke quietly as it went from one corner to another. "Indeed. Long, it has been, since last we were able to speak. Much has happened." Kraken continued to pace, then turned to look at Nubis.

"Wish to remain, I do, but without your constant questioning me. trusted you, I have, with my identity, so trust in me you can with your missions." Kraken planted its fists on the table and leaned in, the feedback from the voice scrambler ringing in his ears. "Agreed?"
 Back to top »
Nubis Serin
Thread Killer

Post Posted: Wed, June 21st 2006 07:48pm    Post subject:

A slight smile played on his lips as he set the glass down to look at Kraken. "You are well aware of the penalities for betrayal to the Grand Master and the Illuminatum, and because of that, you have my word and my trust, Kraken. But also, and more importantly, because we are friends." Nubis rose from the table and held out a hand to the figure, a slight smile still on his lips. "Deal."
 Back to top »
Agent of the Illuminatum

Post Posted: Wed, June 21st 2006 07:51pm    Post subject:

Kraken nodded, and accepted the hand. Shaking it firmly once, he released it then turned to the bar, tossing the glasses into the refuse containers. It was more of idle work to keep the Agent's mind focused, the modulated voice speaking softly. "Now that placed behind us, this business is, what is it I can do for you?"
 Back to top »
Nubis Serin
Thread Killer

Post Posted: Wed, June 21st 2006 08:12pm    Post subject:

Nubis walked up to the archway and looked back at the hooded figure. Holding his arms out to his sides in a particular relaxed gesture for someone known to be so rigid, he said simply, "Keep your eyes and ears open. You'll know when it's time to act." And after passing a smile, he turned and walked out through the archway and to the waiting speeder.
 Back to top »
Agent of the Illuminatum

Post Posted: Wed, June 21st 2006 08:18pm    Post subject:

Kraken silently cursed at Nubis as he, too, exited the door and vanished into the crowds. He would certainly know when to act - he was sure the Grand Master would make sure of it. He wove through the groups of people on the street, his pattern erratic enough that anyone tracking him would loose him.
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Coruscant » Tops Bar, Imperial Center
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: