}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Delta Wing
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Yinchorr » Delta Wing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captain
Private

Post Posted: Mon, July 03rd 2006 04:12pm    Post subject: Delta Wing

We followed the guide and the Guard underground to begin our training. I thought it would be a set of simple shooting ranges and melee test rooms like the other facilities we had been too...but I was pleasantly surprised.

This "Delta Wing" had far more than we all expected, various simulators, close-combat pods, racks of weapons ranging from vibroblades to newer looking sniper rifles, and 144 different suits of training clothes. There were also a series of helmets, face-concealing except for the eyes, with a visor over one eye.

I gave the hand signal for the troopers to fall in single file and they did so without question.

Back to top »
Carnor Jax
ECP Member/Faction Lieutenant

Post Posted: Mon, July 03rd 2006 04:58pm    Post subject:

Corsova turned to face the assembled troopers as he pressed a command, sealing the doors at one end and opening them at the other. From that door walked 144 identically clad Crimson Guard, each wearing blood-red training uniforms. "Gentlemen. The Empire wants you to be at your peak performance, so until you pass the tests these Crimson Guard will be your training partners. You will learn the ancient art of Echani from the Red Guard here, as well as certain other skills that will become apparent as you master the previous."

He lifted a hand to the training uniforms to the wall, gesturing vaguely. "You will also be learning how to use these abilities unaugmented by your armor. The helmets will have basic weapon integration, but this will be your own doing. Later interface with your armor will augment these capabilities beyond anything you have ever experienced."

His eyes looked over the Troopers, lingering a moment on DT-042. "If there are no questions or comments, Captain, please proceed with the preparations."

"Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Expand

"I gained [my votes] through "legal" means (read: bribes and threats)."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Captain
Private

Post Posted: Mon, July 03rd 2006 05:28pm    Post subject:

I gestured to all the troops to remove their armor and wear the training clothes. I felt weak without my armor and shield system, naked in a way. I had become accustomed to wearing my armor almost all the time that any time outside of it I was wary...but I didn't show it outwardly, I had been trained to sompletely control my expressions and motions.

After we had gotten our uniforms and helmets on, we stood at attention, awaiting further instruction.

Back to top »
Carnor Jax

Post Posted: Mon, July 03rd 2006 05:39pm    Post subject:

The 144 Crimson Guard stepped up before the Dark Troopers and reached out to clasp forearms in silent introduction. Names or numbers were irrelevant, the only thing that mattered was that each of the Dark Troopers would be learning solely from their training partner. Corsova stepped back as the greeting took place. "Echani training begins now, ladies and gentlemen. Your first test will be in two standard weeks. Good luck."

"Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

Expand

Last edited by Carnor Jax on Mon, July 03rd 2006 05:43pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lieutenant
Private

Post Posted: Mon, July 03rd 2006 05:44pm    Post subject:

Lieutenant stood rock steady, face expressionless. His look held one of a sleepy-eyed killer, ready to strike at any threat to himself, his brothers in arms, or the most important, The Empire. Standing there, he waited for his orders. He was eager to begin this new training.

Soon, the Crimson Guard stepped foward, and the training began.

Last edited by Lieutenant on Mon, July 03rd 2006 05:45pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Captain
Private

Post Posted: Wed, July 05th 2006 03:10am    Post subject:

As the Guardsmen stepped forward, I accepted my training partner's greeting in silence.
We stood in silence, perhaps admiring one another, perhaps sizing each other up looking for weaknesses. Whatever the case, we were both prepared to give this every last ounce of strength we had to suceed.

As the training began I felt one thing. I felt alive.

Back to top »
Carnor Jax

Post Posted: Thu, July 13th 2006 11:35pm    Post subject:

Crimson Guard Captain Temujin Frost entered the training arena clad in crimson robe and body armor, helm absent to reveal his piercing blue eyes. His memories flitted back to his very early childhood with his father Alum Frost, a Sovereign Protector that didn't make it off Yinchorr. He steeled himself against the visions and walked to the center of the arena, meeting the Captain of the Dark Troopers there.

"Trainer Jax believes you to be ready, Captain - prepare to defend yourself." Immediately, without warning, the crimson-clad warrior aimed a precise blow at Captain's flank, teeth gritted even as his eyes met the Dark Trooper's own with cold detatchment. This was not a battle to be taken lightly - any lenience would only be detrimental to the training here.

Expand

Back to top »
Captain
Private

Post Posted: Thu, July 13th 2006 11:50pm    Post subject:

I entered the arena to face my opponent, without a word, or hint of feeling. I mentally prepared myself for anything, muscles flexing, mind calculating different maneuvers, even before the battle I was ready.

"Trainer Jax believes you to be ready, Captain - prepare to defend yourself."

He immediately launched a strike to my flank. Predictable I thought, always wanting to strike first without warning...it gets old. Nevertheless, this man is a dangerous opponent and I will treat him as such.

I sidestepped to the right and caught his fist, grabbing it and wrenched him forward, bringing my leg up as he passed to connect with his spine.

Back to top »
Carnor Jax

Post Posted: Thu, July 13th 2006 11:55pm    Post subject:

Temujin smiled to himself at the predictable response - typical Echani with its precision, with an elements of rough streetfighitng. It would be interesting to see how the battle played out. Frost backflipped even with his arm in its lock, using that leverage to twist his body in midair. He brought that gripped arm up with a powerful twist, crossing his forearm across Captain's neck.

He cackled softly as he leaned back, bringing his right knee up towards Captain's spine, his arm still held in the Dark Trooper's iron grip... though, he hoped not for long.

Expand

Back to top »
Captain
Private

Post Posted: Fri, July 14th 2006 12:09am    Post subject:

This man was fast, but the Phase IVs were trained better. I let go of his arm and brought my leg forward and pulled my arm back to dislodge him.

I unleashed with a hit to his chest and my leg hit him in the back of his kneecap with a great deal of my strength. I was free and I intended to finish this fight Sorry, I just had to include that, I would not hold back, no breaks, no quarter. I turned to face him and hit him three more times with high powered punches, one in the left shoulder, one in the face and one in his chest.

Last edited by Captain on Fri, July 14th 2006 12:10am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Carnor Jax

Post Posted: Fri, July 14th 2006 12:15am    Post subject:

Frost was able to catch each blow, even though he was off-balance... until the chest. The blow hit him full-on, and knocked the Crimson Guard back four paces, and flat on his back. He lay there, unmoving, his breathing paralyzed for the moment as he struggled to regain his composure. His anger overwhelmed him a moment, then left him... apparently he would still have to train harder.

But loosing to the Captain was not a complete loss - there was a matter of prestige involved, staying with the Dark Trooper. He rose and, after pulling a deep breath, nodded slightly to Captain. "Congratulations, Captain - you have passed the close quarters combat section of your training. You and your company have the rest of the day off, long-range sniper training begins tomorrow. Well done."

Expand

Back to top »
Captain
Private

Post Posted: Fri, July 14th 2006 12:21am    Post subject:

"Congratulations, Captain - you have passed the close quarters combat section of your training. You and your company have the rest of the day off, long-range sniper training begins tomorrow. Well done."

I nodded and silently walked the way to meet up with the rest of the IVs.

Back to top »
Lieutenant
Private

Post Posted: Thu, July 20th 2006 10:46am    Post subject:

It had been a long, and stressful week, but Lieutenant considered the training worth it. Over the course of seven days, he, and all of the other DT-IVs had stood at an undeground range which extended for 20km, under the direct supervision of the Crimson Guard. After his first two shots, in which he pulled an effective 1 inch grouping at 9km, he had adjusted the sights on his rifle, as well as the stock, and cheek rest. After a bit more training over the week, he had improved greatly.

The Crimson Guard over his shoulder had occasionally stopped him to give him tips, check his grouping, and generally instruct him. It was very effective. At current, he could pull just under a 1 inch grouping at 15km. The Crimson Guard informed him that at the end of the training, he might well be able to pull a 1 inch grouping at the full 20km length. Lieutenant didn't doubt it.

This was his last target of the day. Looking through the optics in the scope, he sighted down the range, and spotted the target. It was a .25 credit coin. Controlling his breathing, he ceased all movement, and depressed the fireing stud on the rifle. A slight kick, and a flash of red. The entire process of aiming and fireing took around one second.

The Crimson Guard looked through his spotting display, and nodded. Lieutenant had hit the target. Tommorow he would train even harder, increasing his range.

Back to top »
Lieutenant
Private

Post Posted: Sat, July 29th 2006 12:43am    Post subject:

Evaluation day. Lieutenant had been training non stop every since he had gotten to Yinchorr. All of the DT-IV's had. Now it was time for all of them to be evauluated on their performance. Captain, and Lieutenant had both scored just slightly higher than the rest of the DT-IV's on their other evaluations. This evaluation would probably be no different.

As he stepped up to the line, he was handed an unfamiliar sniper rifle. The Crimson Guard next to him said, "The scope is out of allignment for you. Allign it, and fire. You have ten seconds to place five shots on the target twenty kilometers downrange. Starting now."

Lieutenant raised the rifle up, sighted, adjusted the scope, aimed, and depressed the fireing stud. All the while mentally counting down the time in his head. He then repeated the process of aiming, and fireing in rapid succession. As he hit 9 he fired his last shot, ejected the gas cartridge in the weapon, and powered it down. The Crimson Guard looked onto his display, and hesitated, before saying emotionlessly, "Half-Inch grouping. You pass."

Back to top »
Lieutenant
Private

Post Posted: Wed, August 02nd 2006 01:39pm    Post subject:

As Lieutenant stepped into the middle of the spacious room, he looked around at the troopers, talking with each other, in their new DT-IV armor. The armor had a new modification, but Lieutenant hadn't been told what it was yet.

Still looking around, he noted that it was about time to leave, and yelled, "Troopers, fall in," and watched silently as 142 Dark Trooper IVs silently fell into perfect formation. Captain still wasn't here. He must've been speaking with Jax. Lieutenant would wait.

Back to top »
Lieutenant
Private

Post Posted: Thu, August 17th 2006 01:54pm    Post subject:

Standing at ease, Lieutenant waited for Captain, wondering when he would arrive. They were near their schedualed departure time, and they had still not been given the order to fall out to the Pillar. Lieutenant was just about to comm Captain for orders, when, as if senseing his thoughts, his helmet com beeped, and Captain voice cam over the speaker.

"Lieutenant, have the troopers move to the Pillar."

"Yes sir," said Lieutenant. After that, Captain relayed a few orders to him over a more secure channel.

Lieutenant smiled behind his helmet, as he ordered the DT-IVs to the Pillar.

Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Yinchorr » Delta Wing
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: