}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
The Dragon's Flagon- Tavern and Inn
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Naboo » The Dragon's Flagon- Tavern and Inn
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lance Jerik
Corporal

Post Posted: Sat, July 22nd 2006 02:28pm    Post subject: The Dragon's Flagon- Tavern and Inn

Charles slowly ventured into the tavern as the smell of alcohol and merriness pervaded his nostrils and a statisfied look soon surfaced to his face.

Stepping up to the oak bar, and sitting in one of the comfortable green chairs, he ordered a pint of their strongest and looked around the crowd for anyone worth his time- of the 5 women he could see (the huge tavern had multiple rooms, and there were probably more in the next room, but Charles decided not to venture too far) one stood out quite clearly. She had a deep tan and her auburn hair looked soft as she pushed a bang behind her ear.

He sprang from his seat, spilling a bit of the pint he had in his hand, but shrugged it off and casually sat down next to her.

"Ah, wonderful day, hm? Is this seat taken?" He asked quickly, taking her by surprise.

"Oh... Yes and no, respectively." She answered beginning startled, but quickly regaining her calm demeanor.

"Hm... something wrong?"

"No...why?"

"Well it's not every day a person with such a radiant aura goes unnoticed."

" 'Radiant aura'?" she laughed, "What the hell are you talking about?"

"Well I noticed you from the other room." He answered, gesturing to the other room, "You looked like you were glowing... like an angel."

"An angel?" She was in the throes of laughter, "You don't know how far from the truth you are."

"Oh really?" He said suggestively, with a raise of his eyebrows.

She laughed quietly, seductively. "Yeah... I'd be happy-"

At that point she noticed a hand tap his shoulder from under a dark, flowing robe. He turned and, noticing the person, stood and turned to face him cheerily.

"Ah! Mr. Bukes! Is there something-" He began, but stopped as the robed man pulled him to the corner of the room.

"Right back, love." He managed to tell her before being dragged over.

She turned back to her drink, alone.

Back to top »
Lance Jerik
Corporal

Post Posted: Sat, July 22nd 2006 09:12pm    Post subject:

Wrong account. >_< Regard that last 'un as Charles Jerik

Lance was swept with an indescribable feeling when his skin met the Naboo air. Stepping out of the Spaceport and into the sun of this coastal town, for some reason the force drew him to the Dragon's Flagon.

Inside he found the place seemed much more light-hearted than when he had first entered, only a week or so ago. Perhaps it was sinply because of the time- just after the town began to shut down was a much more efficient time to get hammered than before work began. This was also the working crowd; less aggressive than the non-working crowd, more modest, mouse-like people. And, unlike the violent people who simply hurt each other when a certain collective level of alcohol was reached, these people became happier- free from their monotonous lives for a few fleeting hours.

His gaze was drawn to a couple sitting at a table a way's from the bar, a labyrinth of bodies to circumnavigate for the Jedi to reach the pair.

He felt relieved for having changed out of his Nespis Uniform- where when he first wore it he enjoyed its cozy, cloth embrace, now it seemed almost claustrophobic. Now he had donned again his worn and ragged clothes- one might mistake him for a hobo, but his hooded face and quiet patience suggested a wise, respected man. And, on top of it all, one drew few gazes when bumping their way through a crowd in it.

Whoever this man was, he was not easily distracted. Even as Lance hovered over him, he continued to chat away with the woman.

He hadn't noticed before, but at this distance he realized the woman was very attractive, and as far as went, the man didn't seem to be all that lacking either.

Lance put his hand on the man's shoulder, and even this it took the woman's gesture towards it for the blond man to realize he was being summoned. In one sudden movement, he jumped from his seat, wheeled around to face Lance began to greet him.

"Ah! Mr. Bukes! Is there something-" He began before Lance started pulling him to a darkened corner of the room. He wriggled his way free and said something to the woman before returning to Lance.

Last edited by Lance Jerik on Sat, July 22nd 2006 09:34pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Charles Jerik

Post Posted: Sat, July 22nd 2006 09:42pm    Post subject:

As the dark man pulled him to the corner, Charles decided against struggling; whomever he was he was amazingly strong for his medium-sized frame, and it didn't feel like he meant any harm. Yet.

"Alright chap, you need something?" Jerik asked, dropping the light tone he had used with the girl. He didn't enjoy being yanked from the company of one so attractive.

"Who are you?" The other man asked calmly.

Who am I?Who am I?!

"Who the Hell are you?" Charles responded, sounding more annoyed than he had intended. The other man sighed and answered.

"My name is Lance Jerak, and I need something from you." He answered, just as calmly, as if he hadn't just popped in from nowhere, found his brother whom he hadn't seen in at least half a decade and had already began making demands.

"Lance... Jerak? Oh dear god..." He heard himself say entirely involuntarily.
Corporal

Post Posted: Sun, July 23rd 2006 04:18pm    Post subject:

"What?" Lance asked, bewildered."What do you know?"

He drew a large, seemingly panicked breath.

"Apparently you're my brother." He than said, amazingly calmly considering his flustered demeanor only moments ago.

Lance's brain didn't comprehend what the man in front of him had said.

"E-....excuse me?" Was all that Lance could push past the frog in his throat.

Back to top »
Charles Jerik

Post Posted: Sun, July 23rd 2006 05:02pm    Post subject:

"Erm... You'll have to excuse me for a moment... " Charles said slowly. Lance just nodded, looking rather like a brain-dead womprat.

Charles walked back to the woman he had been talking with earlier and sat down, his own brain incapable of comprehending this strange turn.

"Who was that?" She asked as he sat down.

"H-he was... eh...." He said quietly, waving him off.

"What?" She asked, amused.

"Alright, listen I can't stay here and chat, but if you'd be interested, I know an absolutely wonderful-"

"You can't leave." She said quickly, under her breath, interrupting Charles.

"Wha-"

"You see that guy standing over there, by the bar?" She asked, and surpisingly didn't wait for a response. "He's a bounty hunter, or something. A different one already killed my ex, but he wasn't who they're looking for. He'll kill you if you leave now."

Charles' heart sank. Couldn't she have warned him before he struck up a conversation? Reunited with his brother, whom he hadn't spoken to in more than 5 years, only to get wasted by some guy for something he didn't do.

"Come with me then." He said, the only way out of their predicament coming to him.

"What?" She said, stupefied.

"You got me into this, so you're gonna' get me out." He said. "And besides, don't you think they'll come after you soon anyways? I can take you off-world."

She didn't detect the falseness in his voice- he had no way off the planet, and judging by his brother's clothing, he didn't either.

"Look, if you think-" she began.

"Well, looking a bit late, eh darling? Best be leaving. I'll go get Ornell." He interrupted, moving towards Lance. She glanced back at him, no idea what he was talking about.

Soon the trio, Charles the only one having a faint idea what was going on, headed for the spaceport. Charles made some light conversation with them both, and was returned with simple mumbles, or a strange look now and again.

Charles wanted to kiss the wall when they entered the spaceport, but he knew there was no time.

"Alright, either of you got a ship?" He asked, turning to face the other two.,

The woman didn't reply, but Lance spoke up.

"Yeah, follow me." He said quietly, walking into the hangar and into an inconspicous freighter. In fact all of Lance's inconspicousness was starting to get rather... 'conspicous'.

The three blasted away in the freighter quickly, and Charles was relieved to find that they weren't followed.

Lance Jerak, Charles Jerik, and Maria Ildri are all at Karideph.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Naboo » The Dragon's Flagon- Tavern and Inn
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: