}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
CiC Ackbar's Office
Goto page Previous  1, 2
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Denon » CiC Ackbar's Office
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ackbar
Corporal

Post Posted: Wed, March 18th 2009 12:04am    Post subject:

Ackbar looked at Solo. It had been a year since the Corellian had resigned from the Alliance, almost in disgrace. From there, as he understood the scattered news and tabloids and rumors, it had gone into the ocean trench.

There were even rumors of threats of divorce during the worst of it. At that point, Solo seemed to arise from the dark waters. He applied for a commission in the Alliance Navy, and after technical training course, he'd earned a position in the Alliance fleet once again.

Of course, Ackbar didn't know how far it carried in Solo's relationship with his wife. There were still plenty of whispers around the headquarters, as well, that he was getting off easy or being tossed a commission like an adolescent being thrown the keys to a speeder. Even Ackbar was mildly suspicious.

"Repeat after me," he finally said to the Corellian. He wondered what was going on in Solo's mind after the past several months...

"I," he began. "Insert your name.

"Of my own free will, without promise, coercion, or inducement, after having been duly advised and warned of the meaning and consequences of this oath, do now enroll in the services of the Alliance to Restore the Republic for not less than two years and as much longer as may be required by the needs of the Alliance to Restore the Republic.

I swear to uphold and defend the Precepts and Ideals of the Alliance to Restore the Republic against all its enemies whether they are internal or external, to protect and defend the liberties and privileges of all citizens and lawful residents of the Alliance, its associate states and territories, to perform, where ever ordered to do so, such duties of any lawful nature as may be assigned to me by lawful direct or delegated authority.

And to obey all orders of the Commander in Chief and of all officers or delegated persons placed over me.

And to require such obedience from all members of the Services or other persons lawfully placed under my orders.

And, on being honorably discharged at the completion of my full term of active service or upon being placed on inactive retired status after having completed such full term, to carry out all duties and obligations and to enjoy all privileges of Alliance citizenship including but not limited to the duty, obligation and privilege of exercising sovereign franchise for the rest of my natural life unless stripped of my honor by verdict, finally sustained, of court of my sovereign peers."

Last edited by Ackbar on Wed, March 18th 2009 12:09am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Denon » CiC Ackbar's Office
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: