}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Wild Karrde
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Corellia » Wild Karrde
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Talon K

Post Posted: Thu, November 06th 2008 10:46pm    Post subject: Wild Karrde

The Smuggling business had never been better, and with the old Emperor back in his chair, the times were only going to get better. I couldn't imagine the headaches that waited me, hoping I would be able to maintain my neutrality, without pissing the right people off... too much.

Something struck me though, a woman that went simply by the Lady over our communication transmissions. She wanted something, and the odds were, I could deliver. The only problem would be upsetting the delicate relationship I held with both the Galactic Empire, and the Rebellion.

She was odd and by general inquisitions, she was well like, yet deeply hated by some powerful people. She was exactly the type I wished to avoid, yet curiosity tempted my venture to Corellia. It wouldn't be an entire waste, I wished to purchase a few local items, and personally contact a few old friends...if they were still around.

And, she was paying me. Whether I accepted the deal or not. I liked that, in fact, I respected that.

Something in the back of my mind told me, however, it could lead to very terrible things....
 Back to top »
Talon K

Post Posted: Tue, January 13th 2009 12:04am    Post subject:

The meeting went rather well, by my standards, and with any luck, I'd be meeting the thanagar woman sooner than expected. What they were asking for, seemed important, too important. And giving it to them so easily, wouldn't create the abundance of profit that I expected. I told my officers to fire up the engines, and get us out of the system. Corellia was a beautiful world, but with Palpatine's return, I didn't linger on worlds that so openly defied his rule (by remaining neutral).

"Get us home, Karl." I told the pilot, an old friend that had saved my life in several occasions. He was always quick to react to my orders, and I respected that.

The Wild Karrde shot from the space port, and into the stars.
 Back to top »
Talon K

Post Posted: Fri, February 13th 2009 09:50pm    Post subject:

I avoided doing favors for dangerous people, especially one so politically complicated as the thangarian ex-rebel. I did, however, enjoy the fact that I would be receiving a rather generous exchange. I had called in a lot of favors to pull this off, using some of the friends, and releasing the blackmail I had on others.

Taking the woman to Coruscant wasn't as dangerous as it sounded, especially with my status with the Empire. I gave them just as much valuable information, as I gave the Rebels. The only difference, they didn't really know I played both sides. "Karrde, you sure you wanna do all this?"

Lauren had been a valuable friend, and a useful Outer Rim associate, and she had volunteered to assist in my latest investment. "If she gives us what she promised, it's well worth the trip. Besides, there are few troopers I would love to have a drink with over the course of our stay." Any time spent on an Imperial planet, I could do some valuable information scouting.

"Just get us to the fleet, we need to refit the Wild Karrde with secondary jammers."
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Corellia » Wild Karrde
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: