}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
New Republic X-Wing NJOXW184
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Tatooine » New Republic X-Wing NJOXW184
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kyp Durron
Corporal

Post Posted: Tue, February 03rd 2009 01:37pm    Post subject: New Republic X-Wing NJOXW184

Kyp wasn't sure what to say. Usually one said, “May the Force be with you.” Not, “May the Force be with you but it probably won't be so watch out.” Kyp said in his head with a sarcastic voice. Yoogle however always had a reason for anything he said. Years spent with the Jedi Master had taught Kyp that much for sure. “Thank you Master, may the force be with you as well.” Kyp said as he turned and left the chamber.

Behind him the doors to the chamber closed and Kyp suddenly felt alone. Ninety nine point nine percent of the time Kyp did everything with Yoogle or in the company of a Jedi Master. Turning his head Kyp spotted Ikrit walking in front of a blonde woman down the main corridor of the Jedi Temple. Kyp choose to ignore the sight and check that he was indeed ready to leave for Tatooine.

After a second Kyp was on his way to the hangar. All he really needed was his lightsabers and of course the Force. Yoogle had warned to not be dependent upon the force. Though it didn't seem right Kyp would keep it in mind. Of any place in the Jedi Temple the hangar bay was the loudest. Any Jedi ship came here to be maintained. Around Kyp droids buzzed about doing their assigned duties. Towards the middle of the expansive hangar was an X-Wing which was unattended other than the tiny bulb at the top. With a simple wave of his hand Kyp opened the cockpit and jumped inside. As he did the droid came to life and began a series of beeps and boops. Kyp couldn't understand what it was saying till he saw script scrolling across the X-wing's flight screen. “I am R9-D1 Astromech Droid. How may I help you.”

“You can start by running all system checks and get this bucket moving.” Kyp said while strapping himself in. “We are going to have think of a name for you. I suppose Nine will do.”
“Pre-flight checks ran, systems running at optimal efficiency. Why Nine?” The droid said while the X-wing began to float.
Surprised that the droid had responded to the nickname Kyp said “You are R-9, right?”
“Yes, I am R9-D1 Astro-.”
“I know, I know. It was a rhetorical question. If you don't mind don't ever say that crap again.” Kyp said.
“Yes, Master.”

Pushing down on the throttle Kyp accelerated to the in system speed limit and hailed the New Republic defenses orbiting the planet. “This is Jedi Knight Kyp Durron en-route to Tatooine on official New Jedi Order business. Requesting a hyperspace jump point.”
In a few seconds a female voice came back over the comm. “Please keep in system speed limit and proceed to jump point Alpha 21.” she said before the comm cut off.

“Nine, take over.” Kyp said. Before long the X-wing was surrounded by the limitless expanse of the galaxy. Kyp closed his eyes right as the stars peeled back. Soon Kyp would be a hostile planet. He needed all the rest he could muster.

New Republic X-Wing NJOXW184 is en-route to Tatooine
Kyp Durron
Corporal

Post Posted: Fri, February 06th 2009 05:43pm    Post subject:

A sudden series of beeps began as the ship came out of hyperspace. The sudden awakening didn't help as he managed to look at Nine behind him. Accompanied with a yawn Kyp managed to stretch out as much he could inside the confined cockpit. Sleeping inside the cockpit of an X-Wing could hardly be called comfortable or luxurious. "Alright Nine, lets find out where Lady Pallanén is.” he said, his eyes scanning the space around Tatooine. It didn't take long for Kyp to notice something suspicious. Normally one saw trade or slave ships coming in and out and occasionally one might even see a few ships orbiting the planet. However this ship was different. Who brought a fully equipped warship to Tatooine? “That has to be hers.” Kyp said. “Nine, get me a comm frequency with them. We need to figure out what the hell we are doing here.”

A couple beeps and boops whistled through the cockpit and Kyp could hear the comm link connect. “This is Kyp Durron of the New Jedi Order flying the X-Wing NJOXW184. I am here on official Jedi business and must speak to Alatáriël Pallanén-Davad.” With the sudden sound of white noise the comm link was cut. “O you didn't, you son of a-”

“Welcome Master Durron. We have received a emergency distress call from her down on the planet's surface. We are currently mobilizing dropships to pick them up. Here are her coordinates.” she said as the comm link went dead again.

“Nine take us in as fast as this bucket will go.” Kyp said before strapping himself in and securing the standard helmet to his head.

Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Tatooine » New Republic X-Wing NJOXW184
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: