}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Death Squadron
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Coruscant » Death Squadron
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Don Corleone
Corporal

Post Posted: Mon, January 26th 2009 12:53pm    Post subject:

Corleone shook his head to Jax, “no. The Rebel High Command isn’t what worries me. It is your friend, Winged Wonder the Second.” No prizes for guessing who the first Winged Wonder is... “But you are right, if this goes to plan then even she cannot get in our way.” He tilts his head to the side and peers at the former Sovereign Protector, “you have quite the criminals mind, my lord. And I think he may want it back.”
First Sergeant

Post Posted: Mon, January 26th 2009 11:34pm    Post subject:

You will find, Mr Corlone…that Jax is not such…an avid collector of minds as one would hope – it is one thing he was never particularly studious about…terribly disappointing really that he never quite grasped mental manipulation – he’d have made quite a good recruit otherwise.

With his robes twisting about him another figure inserted himself into the conversation, peeling out of the shadows of the room like some form of phantasm, the hooded creature glanced between the two men and then the other darksider at the end of the room,

My, I do hope…I wasn’t interrupting anything Jax, only I was to believe that you were well overdue at my sanctum several days ago – I see you’ve been held up with…whatever you busy yourself with nowadays

The Grand Inquisitor slipped over to a rather plane vase in the corner of the room, his almost living cape seeming to move still as he looked at the rather pointless decoration,

Don’t mind me…I’m sure I can…wait…until you are quite finished with your…important meeting.

The Darksider hissed and turned back to the vase stroking it with plated claws.
 Back to top »
Carnor Jax
ECP Member/Faction Lieutenant

Post Posted: Mon, January 26th 2009 11:58pm    Post subject:

Jax's eyes narrowed. Slowly he rose, his eyes smoldering with rage, and his voice was soft. "I trust you have your information, gentlemen. You can see yourselves out." He waited, his eyes locked on the back of Volytar's head. When the two men stared blankly at him, his voice erupted in fury.

"I said out!" The fury in his voice echoed around the conference room, and an uncontrolled surge of the Force shattered the vase under Volytar's hand, as well as the champagne bottle. The two businessmen made themselves scarce rather quickly, the doors slamming shut with The Master's voice echoing his song from before.

Glass was still slipping through pools of liquid and to the floor as the Dark Apprentice watched the Grand Inquisitor. Hatred and fury boiled out of control inside his frame... but what could cause him to react like this? "What in the name of everything decent are you doing here?"

"Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Expand

"I gained [my votes] through "legal" means (read: bribes and threats)."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Volytar
First Sergeant

Post Posted: Tue, January 27th 2009 12:30am    Post subject:

"My, and still, no...temper...on you either - you allways were quite the brash apprentice...and you've never...quite...been able to manage your flaws."

The Inquisitor let out a sound half between a death-rattle and a laugh as he picked up one the pieces of the vase and examined it with an air of seeming unconcern for the other darksider before placing it down, and swirling on his heel,

"Quite a valuable item you've destroyed there...Jax...or should I call you Olethros....now...so far for an impudent whelp unable to grasp even the basic...subtlties of the darkside..

The Grand Inquisitor let out another rasping chuckle, "Impatient, Rude, Brash but allways so ambitious, you've done yourself well...whelp - and yet your still nothing more than a...blunt force...to be applied here and there as the Master wills - nothing does seem to change if titles do."

The Grand Inquisitor chuckled, and swelled up to his full height, "Mmm, you've grown though, at least your not so small and physically weak any more"

The Inquisitor let out another laugh and lounged into one of the departed seats, "Such hostility whelp, can't a Master come to visit his old Apprentice?"
 Back to top »
Carnor Jax

Post Posted: Tue, January 27th 2009 01:50am    Post subject:

The Dark Apprentice remained standing, moving to step where Volytar had stood moments before. He looked out over the stars, over the scape of the Imperial Palace, and brooded for a moment. His words were long in coming, and chosen with deliberate precision. "I was rid of you when Palpatine chose me for the Guard trianing program. You were always one for mental manipulation, never understanding the true art that goes with the more... physical manifestations of the Dark Side."

Twin silver blades erupted from their hilts, moving free from his belt to hover behind him as he continued to watch. Slowly, they began to spin in deliberate arcs, leaving trails in their wake. "I am more powerful now than I ever reached with you. You kept trying to force me into your ways, never accepting anything less." The blades extinguished suddenly, then the hilts floated to his open palms without a hesitation.

"There is more than one way to manipulate someone's mind, the Force is but one method. I prey on their insecurities and their ambitions both. Make them want what I offer them, and fear what will happen if they fail. It makes a much better motivation, and more reliable than simply compelling them to do what I want them to." He turned to face the Grand Inquisitor, a smirk playing on his lips. Moving to take his seat, he laid the hilts on the polished wood and folded his hands.

"So what brings you to the flagship of Death Squadron, my old Master?"

"Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

Expand

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Volytar
First Sergeant

Post Posted: Tue, January 27th 2009 02:24am    Post subject:

"Power, strength...in the darkside those are illusions, ones that will destroy you eventually Jax - so much care into you...strength...through the force, my my Jax, and you still crush everything you touch."

The Grand Inquisitor neatly raised a gauntleted claw, "DEFEND YOURSELF, Whelp." the statement saw Jax immediatley reach for his weapons, but the Grand Inquisitor didn't rise, simply remaining seated, palm raised towards the other darksider.

PAIN.

The single word punctured the defences around Ja'x mind, weak and inept against the Inquisitors abilities - the pain spread quickly around the mans skull constricting like a vile snake, applying crushing force to the soft mind beneath. Though it would not be enough to snap the man under interogation it was enough to force him quivering to his knees,

"I come on the turn of the tides whelp, because our Master needs strong men to serve under him - a weak...arrogant whelp such as yourself has no such honor deserved of him if his mind is so weak that it cannot resist a simple Inquisitorial trick, one of the children we raise could do better than you whelp."
 Back to top »
Carnor Jax

Post Posted: Tue, January 27th 2009 02:33am    Post subject:

The sudden shock knocked him to his knees. The attack was not entirely unexpected, but it had been too long since he had to defend against it. It felt like venom coursing through his brain, lighting the pain receptors into a feedback loop of ever-escalating agony.

Teeth gritted, almost hard enough to crack the enamel of his perfect jaw, but his head raised. Through bloodshot eyes his vision tunneled, until only Volytar's head remained in view. A trembling hand reached for his pauldron, fingertips closing around a hidden throwing knife.

"Pain is an illusion, Olethros. A path to the Dark Side. Do not fight it. Welcome it. Let it flow through you, fuel your anger. Let the pain feed upon your flesh, and consume you in the flames of its passion." That voice again... it had been months, buit there it was again. Heeding the call, his head dipped again, before a soundless scream erupted from his lips.

His hand suddenly whipped forward, a throwing knife streaking for Volytar's concealed head. The blade seemed to vanish in the cowl, but there was no thunk of durasteel on bone. His tunneled vision narrowed again, peering into the depthless cowl of the Grand Inquisitor's robe.

"Too... blatant... Master. Too... aggressive. You've changed... less patient. More willing... for violence. For assault... and not... manipulation. I don't know... how long... I can keep that... knife... at bay... You may... wish... to call off your attack..."

Expand

Back to top »
Volytar
First Sergeant

Post Posted: Tue, January 27th 2009 02:28pm    Post subject:

Volytar's gauntlet snapped into his robe and fastened itself around the quivering force-suspended weapon, with a growl the Grand Inquisitor tore the blade out of the air and drove it into the surface of the table, "I suppose...showing you just a simple...mercy...was not enough to demonstrate your....weaknesses...whelp."

With a growl he ripped his telepathic connection free of Jax's mind, sending a bolt of white-hot, raw pain arching down the other darkisders form, the Grand Inquisitor folding his arms across his chest and staring down at Jax from within the vieled cloak,

"Mmm, perhaps I have grown...impatient...more violent...I have killed quite often in recent months...I wonder..." the Anzati get muttering to himself until he seemed realise that Jax was present,

"Ah, yes."
 Back to top »
Carnor Jax

Post Posted: Wed, January 28th 2009 09:49pm    Post subject:

It was only his force of will, and his training, that kept him from screaming as that white-hot barb was yanked from his skull. His teeth were strained to near shattering, and the lightsabers flared to life in his grip. Haunted brown eyes lifted to meet Volytar's depthless cowl, then the blades extinguished once more. The lights had dimmed, and thrown the entirety of the conference room into twilight.

"Why have you returned, Volytar? The last time I saw you, you were on your way back to Anzat after finishing your tenure as one of Palpatine's trainers. As I recall, he didn't seem too pleased with the lack of progress I had made as your pupil." His lips curled back into a sneer, his mind still processing the last vestiges of pain.

"Unless it's to take revenge for your disbarment and outcasting, I don't see any reason for you to be here. If you plan on torturing me, don't bother. If you plan on killing me, get it over with. Otherwise, just leave."

Expand

Back to top »
Adria Reyna
First Sergeant

Post Posted: Wed, January 28th 2009 10:38pm    Post subject:

+delete+

+ Mandalorians were somewhat win allready before Traviss came along, bound them in leather and rode them like ponies +

Last edited by Adria Reyna on Wed, January 28th 2009 10:39pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Volytar
First Sergeant

Post Posted: Wed, January 28th 2009 10:39pm    Post subject:

"The Master is...somewhat...forgiving....after all, even the greatest sculptor cannot work with a...stubborn...material..Jax?"

The Anzati chuckled and closed his gauntleted hand, drawing it back into the folds of his robes, sitting back in the chair he'd occupied, his robes swaying in the twilight,

"Ambition...is the driving force of the darkside, Jax - I simply don't go about advancing myself like a blundering nerf thats been freed from its pen...oh no, I've been raising my hand for some time now...Jax...the correct title would be...Grand Inquisitor, and Regent of Byss, yes?"

The Anzati chuckled,

"As much as a fool as he was Vader did provide the...perfect...cover for me to...settle...some disputes with my fellows upon Byss - a solidifcation of my position,"

Volytar hissed and settled back,

"I come...my old....student...because it benefits me to kindle alliances with you - and perhaps....because like any sculptor, one feels the urge to finish with work one left on the wayside as hopeless."
 Back to top »
Carnor Jax

Post Posted: Thu, January 29th 2009 07:52pm    Post subject:

Jax blinked. Grand Inquisitor? The prospect was somewhat... unnerving, to say the least. However, the mental prowess and capability of the Anzati for extracting information from unwilling patients was perfectly suited to the position. He remembered long hours in meditation, trying to fend off the intrusions upon his mind, trying to block what he was most afraid of. He had always failed, always failed.

As a result, he had made himself into a perfect remorseless killing machine. Not without fear, no, but stronger than fear. Able to control it, keep it hidden, until there was nothing that would give him pause. Nothing that could be used to gain an advantage over him.

Still, the prospect of returning to Volytar's hand after learning all he could from Ved Kennede and the other trainers on Yinchorr was a prospect of not-so-insignificant opportunity. To return and finish what he had started ages ago, now that he had more than a fleeting grasp of the true nuance of the Dark Side.

"As I am sure you have conditions for me, I have conditions for entering this alliance as well. It cannot interfere with my public face, and I cannot be kept from Palpatine. I cannot have him knowing that I am getting stronger against his abilities for manipulation. I have been able to keep my training sessions with the Yslamiri from him for quite some time now, but this is an added wrinkle that I hope to use when the time arises." The fact that he was telling the Grand Inquisitor, the enforcer against dissension from Palpatine's rule these facts was a carefully calculated gesture. Either Palpatine would know, in which case the time would come to exert that training, or... he had an ally. He was ready for either.

"The true power to the Dark Side is its constant evolution, it's what killed the Jedi in the first place. They grew complacent, comfortable with their ways, and blinded themselves to the new possibilities. I would be a fool not to accept your proposal, Volytar. Which is why I am accepting it."

Expand

Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Coruscant » Death Squadron
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: