}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Serenity
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Denon » Serenity
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tash Arranda
Private First Class

Post Posted: Tue, October 31st 2006 08:25am    Post subject: Serenity

Firefly-class Transport Serenity
Captain: Myron Tany
First Mate: Evan Drunkhorse
Navigator: Tash Arranda
Supercargo: Zak Arranda
Engineer: Salla Zend
Security: <none>
Passengers:
<none>
Cargo:
<none>

Last edited by Tash Arranda on Mon, November 20th 2006 04:15am; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
Tash Arranda
Private First Class

Post Posted: Tue, October 31st 2006 08:29am    Post subject:

Tash was sitting in her quarters when the ladder opened up and Captain Tany descended. Luckily for him she had clothes on but that still didn't stop her from being offended.

"Ever heard of knocking, captain," she said irritably.
"Nope," replied Myron before throwing a thick manual on her bed.
"What's this?"
"Homework. Contains everything you need to know about this ship, 'cause you're not going near those controls on your own til you've read it."
"I've flown before," said Tash, offended.
"Yeah, in a simulator. Doesn't count in the real world, sweetheart."

Before Tash could reply he climbed back up the ladder. Tash knew she was being petty, but the Captain's whole persona annoyed her no end. Still, at least she had something to do now.

Private First Class

Post Posted: Wed, November 01st 2006 05:39am    Post subject:

Tash was sitting in the dining area when Myron emerged from the direction of the cockpit. He got himself a drink before sitting opposite her.

"So you finished your homework?" he said.
"Of course. Quite interesting. I never knew these ships had so many smuggling hidey holes. They could come in quite handy," she said with a sly smile.
"What makes you think I'd think about smuggling?"
"I checked your background on the holonet. You were mentioned in an old and now declassified Imperial report on a raid on your smuggling operation."
"Yeah well that was a long time ago."
"It also says that one of your crew died in the raid."
"You know what kid, you read too much," replied Myron before stalking off towards the cockpit again.

Serenity is en route to Nar Shadda
Private First Class

Post Posted: Thu, November 02nd 2006 06:29am    Post subject:

Serenity emerged from hyperspace around the dirty, dark moon of Nar Shadda. Myron kept the ship on manual control, weaving in and out of the wreckage in orbit. They continued down into the depths of the moon, scarcely slowing their speed. Tash was holding on for dear life, both to her chair and the contents of her stomach. As Myron came out of another gut-wrenching roll, she found herself staring at a holoscreen. Tany had doomed them all.

She closed her eyes, bracing for impact. She opened them a few seconds later, trying to see if they were dead yet. To her great surprise they were not cruising down a tunnel that must have been hidden behind the hologram. A few moments later they were in the hangar of 'Ninx's SpaceBarn'; whatever that was. Myron set the ship down in one of the bays and climbed out of his seat. He muttered something about changing her underwear before continuing down the stairs towards the cargo bay. Drunkhorse followed him, with Tash close behind.

As the landing ramp descended, Tash caught sight of a old-looking man with blue and green speckles on his face. Wondering silently if these were scars or something else, Tash walked down the ramp after Myron, careful not to look directly at the man's face.

"That's far enough, Tany," said the man.
Myron indicated towards himself innocently.
"What are you doing here? And where's Pearson?"
"She's not here."
"The ship's registered to her."
"Yeah its her ship; I'm just flying it."
"She doesn't let you pilot her ships since..."
"...She hired me to fly it."
"So where is she?"
"Vorzyd V probably, unless she inspecting fleet elements or doing other things the head of a powerful Oligarchy does."
"Come again?"
"The Oligarchy of Vita. Ever heard of it?"
"Of course; just announced their presence."
"Pearson founded it."
"You're kidding. She's got no money and a horrible rep; how'd she managed to start it?"
"After Mouse died she went straight and became the Prime Minister of the Vorzyd Cluster. I dunno why she called it Vita and not something after Mouse though."
"Probably because the Oligarchy of Mouse sounds ridiculous."
"Yeah. So why the hostility anyway?"
"You're flying for her."
"Yeah she explained all that. She wasn't working for the Imps."
"Well she sure as hell was working for someone."
"Yeah, Jabba the Hutt."
"We were all working for Jabba."
"She was working a little closer than us."
Ninx swallowed the bile that had risen up in his throat at the thought, "alright then, come inside. Salla's been going stir crazy being stuck down here with just me for company."

Ninx lead the trio across the duracrete hangar to a room at the opposite side.

"What'd you land so far away for?" Shug asked.
"Wanted to be out of sniper range," replied Myron.

Tash stopped listening; she had just felt a twinge in the force, the feeling of danger making the hairs on the back of her neck prickle. She reached out with the force, trying to sense the people around her. Without proper training it was hard with all these unfamiliar people standing around. Then the feeling spiked and was moving to push Myron to the ground as a blaster bolt hit the ground near where his feet had been a moment before. Myron jumped up, his blaster in his hand. Beside them, Drunkhorse had his own blaster out and was scanning the area.

"Relax," said Ninx, "it's just Salla."
"Just Salla!" exploded Myron, "the bitch could have killed me!"
"Doubt it. If she wanted you dead you probably would be."
"Probably?"
"How'd you know she was gonna shoot at him," Ninx asked, looking at Tash.
"I ... " Tash trailed off uncertainly. She didn't want these people to know about her Force sensitivity. Suddenly she felt a warm feeling, and looked around to see Zak standing there.

"The idiot sniper woman isn't very good at sneaking," he said, "I heard her too."
"Who the hell are you two?"
"Zak Arranda," replied Zak, walking forward and shaking Ninx's hand, "and this is my sister, Tash.
"Zak and Tash Arranda..."
"That's right; what of it?" replied Zak beligerently.
Tash tried to use the Force to get him to stay calm, but her brushed her off.
"Nothing, nothing," replied Ninx, "come, Salla is waiting."
"I bet she is," Myron muttered under his breath.

Private First Class

Post Posted: Fri, November 03rd 2006 07:50am    Post subject:

"You got anything harder than warmed caffeine, Ninx?" asked Myron, looking at his caf with distaste.
"Not that you can have," replied Shug, "so what brings you here anyway?"
"We need a mechanic."
"Ship looked fine before," replied Shug.
"We're going to need a mechanic with us in case that bucket of bolts breaks down on us."
"Just get one of your Jedi to fix it with their mind powers."
"What Jedi," asked Tash, getting more than a little worried.
"Don't act so suprised, kid. How else did you know Salla was there."
"Like he said," replied Tash, gesturing at Zak, "she's clumsy."
"I didn't make a sound," Salla spat, drawing her pistol and pointing it at Tash's head.
"What the hell are you doing?" Zak yelled, standing up. Salla pointed the pistol at him.
"I know I'm right, and I can prove it. I've got a thousand credits that say this bolt won't hit you."
I'm always more powerful when I'm angry. The thought came to Tash as though out of a dream, or a suggestion directly from the Force itself. She found herself on her feet as the dark-skinned woman pulled the trigger. Stretching out her hand, she shoved the blaster hand away, causing the pistol to fly away against the wall, the bolt flashing harmlessly over Zak's shoulder. But Tash wasn't done yet. She stretched out her hand, gesturing towards the woman who had tried to harm her brother. Eyes wide, the woman flew backwards against the wall with a sickening thud. She collapsed in an unconscious heap on the ground.

"Tash, are you okay?" Zak's voice echoed in Tash's head, her eyes losing focus. After that she knew no more as everything went black.

Private First Class

Post Posted: Fri, November 10th 2006 05:29am    Post subject:

Tash opened her eyes, struggling to bring the mass of colors surrounding her into focus. After blinking several times, she summoned the Force and used her power to bring her world into focus. Zak was standing over her, looking at her. It was then that she realised that he was talking.

"..ou hear me? Tash? Are you alright?"
"Urrgh," Tash mumbled, intending for 'I think so' to come out.
"Sit up," he instructed, "and drink this."

Tash tilted her head back as he lifted a cup to her lips. The cool taste of water entered her mouth and soothed her parched throat, making her feel better almost instantly.

"How long was I out?" she asked.
"Almost three days. Umm..."
"What?"
"Do you, I mean were you dreaming anything while you were unconscious?"
"I ... I don't remember," said Tash, trying to think, "why?"
"Because your force presence was glowing like a beacon. It was like you were fighting something."
"Fighting..." the word brought back memories of what she was doing before she blacked out, "is she okay?"
"She'll live. Had a hell of a headache when she woke up though. You can talk to her later, but for now you should rest a while longer."
"Thank's, doctor," replied Tash with a grin.

Private First Class

Post Posted: Sat, November 11th 2006 01:21am    Post subject:

Several hours later Tash awoke again feeling restless. She got up from her bunk and walked into the crew area. Sitting at the table were her brother, Drunkhorse and the black woman she knocked out.

"What the hell is she doing here?" she demanded.
"This is our new mechanic, Salla Zend," replied Zak.
"You're being friendly with someone who held a gun to your head?" said Tash incredulously.
"The way I see it, you paid her back for that and then some."
"She had it coming."
"Are you still denying that you're a Jedi, child or have you got a thousand credits for me," the woman said.
"I told you already, I am not a Jedi. I have never had any training and I don't carry a lightsaber. I am about as much a Jedi as you are."
"Nevertheless you can still use the force, unless you want to start denying that too."
"I think you know better, Zend," she turned to Zak, "where are we headed?"
"Bonadan. We're dropping off some cargo before we continue to Zonama Sekot's last known position."
"Come and get me when we're nearly there."

Tash returned to her cabin and sat on the floor, calming herself and reaching out for the Force. As usual it answered her call, filling her with strength. She reached out, feeling the ship and its occupants and trying to take her power to the level that she had attained when she was fighting Salla. Narrowing her focus, she concentrated on the desk in front of her. Slowly, it began to rise into the air, the chair joining it soon after. Her bed was next, rising to join the rest of the furniture hovering a few feet above the ground.

She was reaching out to her suitcase when suddenly she saw something in her mind's eye; a black blur that was sharply coming into focus. She gasped, letting the furniture fall to the ground as she lost concentration. Annoyed at herself for once again letting the dreams cloud her focus, Tash got up and spent the next hour or so stalking around her room, the Force swirling around her dark with anger and frustration.

Private First Class

Post Posted: Sun, November 12th 2006 03:10am    Post subject:

The hatch above the ladder down to Tash's quarters opened and her brother descended, a look of worry on his face.

"What's the matter," he asked.
"Nothing," shot Tash, still restlessly wandering around the room.
"Tash, sit down."
"No."

Tash felt as Zak drove the compulsion into her using the Force. She bent her knees, preparing to sit before catching herself and shoving the force-suggestion aside. Zak attacked again, but this time she was ready, blocking his attack and launching a suggestion that he leave her alone. He dodged her attack mentally and sent another compulsion. Tash poured all of her frustration into her next attack, causing Zak to hit his head on the ladder in his rush to get out of her quarters. Allowing herself a self-satisfied smile as he climbed the ladder rubbing his head, Tash settled down on her bed to read the Firefly manual again.

Private First Class

Post Posted: Mon, November 20th 2006 04:30am    Post subject:

Deciding that staying in her quarters because that witch was upstairs was ridiculous, Tash climbed up the ladder and proceed to the kitchen area. As usual, he brother and the devil were sitting at the table, chatting about nothing. She walked past, ignoring both of them and continuing to the main hold.

Myron was standing there with his blaster slung low across his hip, looking at Drunkhorse who had his own blaster in a similar fashion. It looked strangely like a pistol duel that Tash had seen in bad holodramas. As she watched, a series of lights was counting down from red to green. When it hit green, both drew and fired.

Drunkhorse's bolt missed Tany by a hair's breadth as he leaned into his right side to pull the trigger on his own blaster. The blue bolt slammed into Drunkhorse's chest, causing him to backwards. Tash reached out with the Force, catching him before he hit the ground. Myron looked up.

"Duelling with stun bolts, that's pretty genius. What happens when you both stun each other?" she said.
"Wouldn't happen," replied Myron.
"Oh that's right; he's faster than you are."
"Would you care to try it?"
"Sure."

She summoned Drunkhorse's blaster from his side and held it loosely at her own. Myron holstered his again and reset the timer. As it counted down, Tash reached out with the Force, holding Myron's blaster but not moving it. When the timer reached zero Myron went to whip up his blaster but found it stuck in his holster.

Tash slowly walked up to him and pressed Drunkhorse's blaster to his temple.

"I win," she said, squeezing the firing stud and making Myron flinch. The gun did nothing more than click.
"Safety's still on," she said, smiling at him, "and next time make sure there's something for him to fall on, there's no doctor, remember?"

Myron glared at her, but said nothing before walking off towards the bridge. Smiling to herself, Tash levitated Drunkhorse to his quarters.

Private First Class

Post Posted: Mon, November 20th 2006 09:56pm    Post subject:

Serenity is at Bonadan

Tash was sitting in her quarters when somebody knocked on the hatch above. She was suprised, mostly because nobody on the ship ever knocked before entering. She instructed the person to come down and was suprised to see Captain Tany descending the ladder.

"We're at Bonadan and Drunkhorse is still out so I need a co-pilot," he said without giving her a chance to speak.
"Sure," she replied.

Tash followed Tany up the ladder and into the cockpit before strapping herself in. He toggled the comm and ordered everyone to strap themselves in and prepare from atmospheric insertion. He spoke to the landing authorities to take care of getting themselves assigned a berth. Tash listened intently, watching how he dealt with the pragmatic voice on the other end.

They were directed the main starport and entered atmosphere, gliding smoothly down to land. Tash fed the co-ordinates of the beacon to Tany's screen so that he could keep them in the corridor alloted to them. Once they landed she opened her crash webbing and walked down to the landing ramp before departing, ignoring Tany's requests for her to wait. She had a scavanger hunt to undertake.

Private First Class

Post Posted: Tue, November 21st 2006 12:47am    Post subject:

Tash held up a flimsy printout of her instructions, memorising them before continuing into the marketplace. She was hoping to collect all of the items on her list here, so that she could complete her task before they left Bonadan. Knowing as only she could that Serenity could not leave without her, she set off in search of her prizes.

<Approx Eight Hours Later>

Tash walked back towards the ship, her backpack containing several types of all the items on her list except three. Drunkhorse was waiting at the bottom of the ramp when she arrived and the cargo bay was relatively full. He indicated for her to board, but had a strange look on his face. She found Myron in the engine room, swearing at Salla who seemed to be unable to locate the reason why the ship would not take off.

"What seems to be the problem, Captain?"
"We were due at Etti IV twenty minutes ago and the ship won't work."
"Well good luck," replied Tash, exiting and walking up to the co-pilot's station, where she reversed the small change that she had made hours earlier. Captain Tany came up in a bad mood and tried to start the ship again. The powerup started immediately, causing the captain to look suspiciously at Tash.

"What? You think I'd let you leave without me?"
"What did you do?"
"I used the Force, idiot."
"Get up, you are confined to your quarters until we get to Etti IV."
"As you wish."

Serenity is at Etti IV
Private First Class

Post Posted: Tue, November 21st 2006 12:50am    Post subject:

Tash's door was unlocked once the ship landed on Etti IV and she wasted no time in setting out in search of the remaining items on her list. Once again she set out alone before anybody could stop her.

Up ahead was a large store with the Blastech logo above the door. Tash entered and spoke to the man inside.

"Good morning, I placed an order on the holonet recently and I was wondering if it was possible to pick it up yet?"
"Name?"
"Arranda, Tash Arranda."
"Sure, came through a couple minutes ago. Can I please see your licencing information."
"You don't need to see my licencing information," replied Tash, using the Force to influence the man's reaction to her words.
"I don't need to see your licencing information," the man was confused for a moment before looking at the computer screen again and disappearing through a back door. He return a moment later with a box adorned with the Blastech logo. Tash handed over the purchase card linked to her galactic bank account. Hoole had deposited fifty thousand credits in there to help with tuition, but Tash had found other ways to pay her way at university. The man scanned the card and handed over the box and a reciept. Tash checked the box and looked up.
"It's supposed to come with a gun belt," she said, using the Force once more.
"Right," said the man, disappearing again and returning with a gun belt.
"Thanks," said Tash, flashing a smile at the man before leaving the store. She moved around the corner and donned the gun belt, putting both pistols in and putting the box in a nearby bin. Looking beside the bin for a moment, she saw a piece of what looked like metal tubing, but was too ornate for a simple pipe. She picked it up, and saw that it was hollow, but not too thin. Stowing it on her belt, she returned to the street and walked back to the ship.

Private First Class

Post Posted: Fri, December 08th 2006 03:40am    Post subject:

Once Tash got back to the ship, she saw that Zend was leaving the ship with several bags slung over her shoulder. She passed Tash, giving her a filthy look and running into her shoulder. Tash responded by telekinetically yanking on the strap of one of the bags, causing Zend to fall over. She picked herself up and hurried off, obviously anxious to leave. Tash allowed herself a satisfied smile and continued into the ship.

"Are you happy, kid?" Myron asked as soon as she entered the galley.
"Absolutely," replied Tash with a smile.

Grumbling to himself, Tany returned to the cockpit and left Tash alone in the galley. She returned to her own quarters before Zak could find her and complain.

Private First Class

Post Posted: Mon, January 19th 2009 07:10am    Post subject:

After almost three years, Tash was still no closer to Zonama Sekot. She had lost her way somewhat in her search, coming to enjoy the constant changes of scenery that came with accompanying Myron on his travels. Today was no exception. They were back in the Corporate Sector after some time in the other parts of the galaxy. With war once again on the horizon, Myron had decided to return to to Corporate Sector which was relatively autonomous, even if it was a part of the Rebellion.

Every now and then she had a longing to travel to Denon and join the fight against the Empire but it had been so long since she actually hated the Empire that these longings passed quickly. She wasn't so sure about Zak, though. He had seemed to enjoy the ship at first, but was growing more sullen and withdrawn. Over the past six months it had grown worse. Tash had tried to talk to her brother about it, but he avoided her questions and remained shut off from the Force.

"Arranda," yelled Captain Tany down the ladder, "we could use your expertise in moving this cargo."

They still clashed, as people with strong wills tended to do with each other but it was more of a friendship dynamic than anything else. She allowed herself a moment to regather her thoughts before rolling out of bed and getting dressed in a simple jumpsuit.

"What's the matter, Captain?" she asked when she reached the upper catwalk of the cargo bay, "can't lift a few boxes?"
"I could," replied the Captain easily, "but why would I when there's a mando-iron excuse for making you do all the work?"
"Fair enough," replied Tash, descending the stairs to the bay floor. She concentrated briefly, the Force rising within her like a cresting wave. It culminated on the heavy crates, causing them to rise steadily into the air and onto the speeder that was going to transport them to their destination.
"Come on, Arranda, there's been some inconsistencies with the paperwork for this one. We could use some backup."
"Sure, I'll just grab my blaster," Tash replied.
"Not on Etti IV, you won't. You wouldn't need to come if we were allowed to pack heat."
"Fair enough, lets go then."

Private First Class

Post Posted: Wed, January 21st 2009 09:48am    Post subject:

Tash could see why Captain Tany wanted her along when they got to the delivery location. It was run down and looked abandoned; the perfect hangout for smugglers and other lowlifes. She took up a position behind Myron and half a pace to his left side so that she could see what was going on but was still hidden enough to be a surprise entity.

A small hatch in the door opened, causing Tash to tense in spite of the fact that she felt no danger from the door. Expanding her senses, Tash reached out with the Force to try and sense whether or not there was anyone in the room. She wasn't very successful. Growing up on the run from the Empire, her latent Force sensitivity manifested itself as more active powers such as telekinesis, resulting in a weaker than normal force sense.

From the hatch in the door came a probing photoreceptor, obviously scanning for weapons of any kind. When it couldn't find any, the door swung open, revealing a Rodian and a Human sitting on a lounge chair in the center of the room.

"We have a delivery for Universal Shipwrights," Myron said, "this address was listed as the recipient. Will one of you please sign for it?"
"No," replied the Human, causing Tash's danger sense to prickle. She stepped lightly on the back of Myron's foot, the predetermined signal that something was a wrong.
"Very well," replied Myron, turning to leave.

In the next moment and shot rang out, reverberating off the walls of the small dwelling. Tash felt a disturbance in the Force and turned around, frozen with horror. Drunkhorse was on his back, empty eyes gazing up at the ceiling with smoke rising from a crater in his chest where his heart should be.

Anger rose within Tash, the surging red tide carrying away her horror, her grief and her conscience. When time once again carried meaning in Tash's world, she was on her knees outside the residence. There was a lingering smell of burnt flesh in the air and Myron was crouching beside her with a look of fear in his eyes.

"What was that?" he said, his voice cracking.
"What was what?" she replied, confused. She didn't know how she got outside. What had she done that had scared Myron so?
"You... you just... look at your hands," he said.

Tash looked down, noticing in that moment a searing pain in her hands. The reason for it became apparent as she gazed upon them. The center of her palms were blackened and cracked, thick dark blood oozing out of the cracks. As she looked at her hands, Tash remembered.

Filled with horror, anger and grief, Tash had lost control of herself and surrendered to the Force, the mystical energy field responding with deadly force. Bolts of lightning erupted from within her body through the palms of her hands, arcing across the room and sending the criminals into convulsions on the floor. Even as her enemy shuddered and shook, Tash didn't stop. She didn't stop until the life flowed from their bodies.

Her memory faded into the present. Myron was still looking at her expecting an answer to his question.

"I ... I don't know, I lost control," said Tash, "I just saw Evan laying there and I lost control."

Tash hung her head in shame.

"I need to go to Denon," she said, "I need to learn control."
"I'll take you," he said, "but you're confined to quarters as soon as we get back to the ship. Now lets get out of here before the authorities show up."

Tash is en route to Denon aboard Serenity
Private First Class

Post Posted: Mon, January 26th 2009 05:36am    Post subject:

Myron emerged from hyperspace at the bustling ecumenopolis known to the incumbent and galactic populations as Denon. Capital of the Rebel Alliance, or Galactic Alliance, or New Republic or whatever they hell they were calling themselves, the planet was heavily fortified. Myron considered hitting the thrusters and making a run for atmo, but calculated that it was more suicidal than what he was comfortable with, so he leaned forward and hit the switch to scan local frequencies for the nearest customs station.

"Attention Denon Control, this is the Firefly-class Transport Serenity. We are carrying a crew of four organics and no droids, no cargo and are seeking a landing vector near the Jedi Temple."

Post Posted: Tue, January 27th 2009 02:33am    Post subject:

Things had been a complete mess within Alliance security since Arlyn's absence and it was no wonder that the small transport entering the system had nearly squeezed by our defenses. Luckily, I had a sharp eye and caught the inbound ship and its hailing frequency before it was out of reach. What would the boys do if I hadn't decided to head down to control for a routine check?

The Jedi Temple. That was quite interesting. We didn't get many requests to see the Jedi these days. I would have to be extra careful with this one. "Firefly transport Serenity," I spoke into the comlink, pushing the tech that was on duty aside to handle this myself. "We have you on our screens. Please standby while we check your registration."

The scan was a quick one and as the results scrolled up onto the screen, it was soon determined that the pilot had been telling the truth about their passengers and cargo. Everything appeared to check out. At this point, I didn't have much choice.

"Serenity," I leaned back towards the console. "You are clear to land on platform AA-475. Please follow your escort and don't deviate from your designated flight path. Welcome to Denon."

Back to top »
Tash Arranda
Private First Class

Post Posted: Tue, January 27th 2009 03:26am    Post subject:

"Alright," replied Myron, though the channel was long since closed and there was no-one else in the cockpit. As he set the autopilot to follow the vector transmitted to his nav-computer, his sensors picked up two X-Wings move into position on either side of the ship, ensuring that he arrived safely.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Denon » Serenity
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: