}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
The New Design
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Questions and Suggestions » The New Design
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Post Posted: Wed, January 07th 2009 10:09am    Post subject: The New Design

It it very good looking, and new stuff looks useful, but the space available for reading is very limited due to the banner staying there no matter how much you scroll. Its sort of annoying to only be able to have one short post on screen at a time. Sorry for complaining.

Is the banner meant to stay there like that? Is there an option for registered users to not view the banner?

I'm using Ubuntu Linux 8.10 and Firefox 3.0.5 if that helps. Also, my monitor resolution is 1280x800.

Sorry for posting as a guest, but I don't have the time to register just now.
 Back to top »

Post Posted: Wed, January 07th 2009 10:12am    Post subject: Re: The New Design

Anonymous wrote:
It is very good looking, and the new stuff looks useful, but the space available for reading is very limited due to the banner staying there no matter how much you scroll. Its sort of annoying to only be able to have one short post on screen at a time. Sorry for complaining.

Is the banner meant to stay there like that? Is there an option for registered users to not view the banner?

I'm using Ubuntu Linux 8.10 and Firefox 3.0.5 if that helps. Also, my monitor resolution is 1280x800.

Sorry for posting as a guest, but I don't have the time to register just now.

:x A couple of typos. I guess the edit button is another advantage of registering. :wink:
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Wed, January 07th 2009 03:28pm    Post subject:

The banner and toolbar is fixed.

Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segments, Director of Imperial Intelligence
Expand

Galaxy Map|Board and RPG Rules|Game Guide

"The Preying Mantis often sizes up a potential mate while wearing too much eyeliner..." - Velora

"You are so cool, you make James Bond proud..." - My Dad... sarcastically. Don't try to juggle cutlery. :p
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nevin Antilles
CMAC Webmaster

Post Posted: Wed, January 07th 2009 03:44pm    Post subject:

Hey there,

Thanks for your concern. I must admit, I shared it myself. I realize the banner does take up a great deal of vertical space. However, in my own opinion, I thought the extra width of the content area (as compared to the old forums) would compensate for that.

However, I completely understand your concern, so I've added a new feature. Just go here and click the link under "Preferences" and it will make the banner scroll with the page, whether you're logged in or not. Let me know how this works for you.

Once again, thanks a bunch for reminding me about this, and I hope you stick around, you seem like a cool person. :D

Post Posted: Wed, January 07th 2009 03:53pm    Post subject:

Wow, that was fast. Thanks for changing that. The option to change what the banner does works for me.

I'll probably register once my exams are over in a couple of weeks. I think that I might have been a member here before.
 Back to top »
Velora Antana
ECP Member

Post Posted: Sun, January 11th 2009 04:09pm    Post subject:

Aaaaah, that is SO much better, Nev.

Thank you, Guest.

-Grand Admiral, Chief of Staff of Nespis Defence Force-

"LOL DILDOS" - Cray | "FFS" - Ams | "Moff, you should know better." - Han

Alex says:
I outnumber him ten million to one
Alex says:
GOOD ODDS FOR ANY GREEK

Expand

Crazed says:
everytime i talk to alexus, i love him a little more

Holder of the 30,000th post

Inventor of the phrase "I'll get my killin' hat." (Seriously. Google it.)

"My gut can't repel comedy of that magnitude!" - Jace911
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Questions and Suggestions » The New Design
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: