}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Imperial Palace: High Command Board Room
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Coruscant » Imperial Palace: High Command Board Room
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Socra Testudinata
Private First Class

Post Posted: Fri, September 15th 2006 05:13pm    Post subject: Imperial Palace: High Command Board Room

Socra Testudinata stood before the empty chairs, looking at holoscans of Supreme Moff Jendob, Colonel-General Scyntor, Grand Admirals Treshan and Zend, and Grand General Onca. He spoke clearly as he laid the datacard onto the reader, allowing all of the members of High Command to view former Grand Marshal Jax's last words in his capacity.

"As you can see, Sirs and Madam, Jax has resigned his comission as Grand Marshal and left the position up in the air. He felt it was in my best interest to apply for the vacated seat, as the datacard can attest. With this being said, I would like to formally place myself in contention for the position."

He inhaled deeply as his eyes met the holoscans of the High Command members. "Have you any questions for me at this time?"

Jendob's holoscan flickered as he leaned in, eyes no doubt taking in the palm-sized scan of the High Marshal. "Your service record speaks for itself, High Marshal. I believe you are the best qualified to receive the promotion. If the rest of High Command will agree with me..."

The scans of the Grand Admirals nodded their assent, as well as Grand General Onca, but Scyntor seemed hesitant. The man did not move, and Socra was sure they were having a feedback loop when his voice spoke, dead calm and slightly venomous. "Your record is indeed admirable, Testudinata, but I ask what firsthand knowledge of the capabilities of your fighters you have. It is useless to put a bureaucrat in a position of authority if they don't know what they are dealing with."

Rather than grow angered with the Colonel-General, Socra instead removed a small patch from his pocket and slid it into the scanner. His eyes met those of the Colonel-General, a trace of a smirk on his lips. "Per orders of the former Grand Marshal, our identities were to be kept under close guard, but I feel as if this situation warrants it. The patch you are now viewing identifies me as a member of Jax's fighter squadron Dark Blade, specific designation DB-007. His wingman, to be precise. I trust this fulfills your specifications as to my capabilities.

Scyntor smiled very slightly to the High Marshal, then turned his attention to the rest of High Command. Jendob noticed Scyntor's affirmation, then turned to Testudinata. "By unanimous consent of Imperial High Command, the Galactic Empire hereby promotes High Marshal Socra Testudinata to the rank of Grand Marshal, with all of the privilages and responsibilities as set down in Imperial Law." The holoscan winked out, followed by the rest of the High Command board members, leaving Socra alone to come to terms with his newest assignment... management of every fighter in the Empire...

'Tis I says:
Ams sank your Socraship. :S
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Thanates Scyntor
Corporal

Post Posted: Sat, January 03rd 2009 03:29pm    Post subject:

The Colonel-General, dressed in an immaculate suit of white with a crimson rose in the lapel, took a breath before pressing the activation controls. Supreme Moff Yittreas was the first to appear, his life-sized holoscanned image dominating the head of the High Command Board table. On his right, the figure of Grand Admiral Thrawn followed suit, representative of Naval command.

He offered a respectful nod to the Supreme Moff before turning and pressing a command on the terminal before him. A diagram popped up, an 'overhead' view of the Galaxy. It quickly zoomed in, until it focused on a single sector. A faint pulsing red line marked the Perlemian Trade Route, and towards the bottom of the screen sat the faint Imperial Blue orb of Carida. Another command, and a green circle appeared around a planet lined in black. A name faded into view before it: Nak Shimor.

"Supreme Moff, Grand Admiral. This is Nak Shimor, a system located squarely on the Perlemian Trade Route approximately one thousand light-years from Carida. It is the closest system to Carida, and also the only system standing between it and the Rebel holding of Arkania." Another key, and the planet in question flared bright blood-red, about the same distance from it as Carida.

He laid his hand on the desk and leaned forward, closer to the holoscanners. "With the ongoing battle against Nespis, I do not believe we can afford to have my system so close to the enemy, at least without a stopgap in place. I am requesting clearance from the Supeme Moff to acquire the system through military means, with support from the Fleet to ensure the success of the mission."

"I do not forgive. Look into my eyes, and you will see only the promise of Hell."

~~~~~~~~~

Brent - Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing... how embarrassing. says:
DT-IVs are MY pets
Dj (VIII is begining to piss me off.) says:
SCREW YOUR PETS!
Supreme Moff Ams Jendob says:
Indeed.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Moff Yittreas
Private

Post Posted: Mon, January 05th 2009 12:14am    Post subject:

The hologram cocked its head, mirroring the gesture made by the man on Kuat. He drummed his fingers on an absent desk, pondering. He also would cast a glance off into space from time to time, the gaze filled with disgust. Though not immediately apparent to an observer in the room on Coruscant, or aboard the command ship of Grand Admiral Thrawn, the venomous glance was directed to the miniature, shimmering image of Thrawn that played on Yittreas' conference projector.

"This Nak Shimor," he began, his odd accent deepened by his mixed curiosity and distaste, "I know of it. It will not be lightly defended, even for a trade world, Colonel-General."

He paused to stroke his chin. "And it is true, Arkania has an uncomfortably close position to our Stormtrooper training facilities.Though, there is little to prevent a hyperjump from there to Carida, even with the," he paused, and spat the next word with bile, "diplomatic acquisition of Nak Shimor."
 Back to top »
Thrawn
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Mon, January 05th 2009 12:30am    Post subject:

The hologram representing the third-senior Grand Admiral, too, flickered as the being behind it shifted position. Hands folded and laid on the table, the cool and modulated tone of the Chiss a stark contrast to the accent from Yittreas. "A military outpost and a defense garrison at Shimor would not necessarily provide a checkpoint against invasion. There are many factors to consider. However..."

A pause, and the eyes that burned dark in the blue line-scanned image half-closed as a consideration was made. "The extra thousand light-years of distance may provide a small but potentially crucial advance notice to the marshaling of the defense of Carida. Perhaps the Colonel-General is not looking for an end-all solution, but rather an excuse to stretch his legs and also provide the Empire a valuable service in one fell stroke."

The eyes opened again, and the Grand Admiral could not help but notice the slight eye twitch from Thanates. The Colonel-General was no doubt remembering the manipulation of Zero that had allowed the grand display at the ball, and was fuming with its implications. There was a choice to be made, either to try to make recompense for the act, or to twist the knife a little deeper.

"The system would provide not only that extra bit of warning space, but also a valuable choke point on the Perlemian Trade route with nothing more than the addition of small squadron of Interdictor Cruisers. A small monetary investment on your part, Supreme Moff, could result in a total trade lockdown to the periphery of mid and outer rims."
 Back to top »
Thanates Scyntor
Corporal

Post Posted: Mon, January 05th 2009 12:49am    Post subject:

The implication that Scyntor was doing this for personal reasons was infuriating. It was true, almost to the point of brutality, but still... the fact that the Chiss Grand Admiral was calling him out so openly about it in the presence of Yittreas was enough to set his teeth grating. Still, he maintained his composure... though the self-satisfied smile from Thrawn told him that he hadn't been able to keep his emotions completely in check.

"I would feel betters, sirs, if there was something in blue on our map between my system and the Rebel disease that infects that sector. The system is logical, can serve multiple purposes, and would help establish more control in that sector."

However, there was still the matter of its defenses. Formitable, to say the least. "Intelligence reports say that the system is guarded by a first-generation Golan defense platform, as well as two XQ-6 platforms that serve as both their docks and repair facilities. They also claim no less than three squadrons of Xg-1 Gunboats serving as security and peripheral guard duties."

Scyntor looked up at the Supreme Moff, first, then the Grand Admiral. "Field Marshal Zero has already outlined an assault on the platforms that would result in less than twenty casualties from the Corps, if we can get to the platforms. The details are being sent to your terminals as we speak." True to his word, the battle outlines would appear in the dataterminals of the two officials almost as he spoke.

"I do not forgive. Look into my eyes, and you will see only the promise of Hell."

~~~~~~~~~

Brent - Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing... how embarrassing. says:
DT-IVs are MY pets
SCREW YOUR PETS!
Indeed.

Last edited by Thanates Scyntor on Mon, January 05th 2009 12:51am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Moff Yittreas
Private

Post Posted: Mon, January 05th 2009 01:22am    Post subject:

Yittreas' hologram raised an eyebrow at the even more faded hologram of the hologram that appeared before him in his Kuat office. The plan was sound. He was surprised it came from that abominable amalgam of man and machine.

He never understood why anyone would willingly taint themselves with metal. He was less radical about it than some: a soldier needed an arm or leg to continue in his duty, but... there was a line. And that Zero creature crossed it.

A brief moment of sardonic amusement crossed Yittreas' mind: he couldn't decide who was the lesser being between Thrawn and the cyborg.

Nevertheless, the plan was quite sound. And if it failed by some freak chance, it could be traced back to the alien and the 'borg. His hands were clean.

"Very well, Colonel-General Scyntor. You have my approval."
 Back to top »
Thrawn
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Wed, January 07th 2009 06:29pm    Post subject:

"The acquisition is sound, and you may expect cooperation from the Admiralty. Thirty ships will be allocated to this project. I'll designate Commodore..." He scrolled through the terminal, glancing at the list of names of commanders in the sector. He needed one that could stand up to the Colonel-General in matters of fleet engagement, but would still allow Scyntor's command of Stormtrooper operations.

"Commodore Ebb. Veteran of the Civil War, and commander of the Star Destroyer Shir Manis. Trust him with the fleet, he'll trust you with the boarding." A brief nod from the Colonel-General was the last thing the Grand Admiral saw before the hologram winked out.
 Back to top »
Thanates Scyntor
Corporal

Post Posted: Thu, January 08th 2009 05:48pm    Post subject:

The ship listing that came up as the holograms winked out brought a faint smile to the Colonel-General's lips. One Imperator and two Victory-II Destroyers... those alone would probably be enough to secure the system. The rest of the ships, with footnotes designating them as possible picket forces, would only serve to reinforce the initial assault.

He gathered the flimsies of his notes and arranged them, then slipped them into a rancor leather folio before turning and exiting the Board Room. His steps were heavy but perfectly timed, a militaristic walk of a man that was on his way to battle. He pressed button on a pad in his pocket, signalling the Flagstone to prime its engines.

Upon turning from the board room, however, he found himself face-to-face with depthless black eye visors and a flared helmet. The upthrust saurian grillework of the mask glinted in the harsh, artificial light, and the deep sound of mechanical breathing assailed his ears. "What is your report, Colonel-General?"

A pause. Scyntor decided to make this first impression one to remember, and did not immediately genuflect in the presence of Darth Vader. Indeed, he didn't even make mention of the Dark Lord's presence by a change of his posture... and the fact that he was the only Imperial officer with both the height and the size to stand toe-to-toe with the Sith would help matters in this. "While Jendob is making himself busy with the gnats of Nespis, I've taken it upon myself to get some actual work done. Nak Shimor, about seventeen hundred light-years from Carida, right on the Perlemian Trade."

The Force grew thick around Scyntor, though the officer did not feel it... Vader was a half-breath away from strangling the Colonel-General where he stood, then thought the better of it. "You had best have a good reason as to why I just spared your life, Thanates. What significance does this speck of a system have to the Empire? What makes it worth your life?" The heavy mechanical breathing, and the deep rasp of the voice grated on Scyntor's nerves, and it was all he could do to not clench his jaw in annoyance.

"Advance warning post against the Rebels in that sector, a possible choke point for that entire quadrant on the only established trade route to it, and an excuse to kick the so-called 'independent government' in its hindquarters and lower the possibility of resistance when we move in to take the rest of the planets." Not once did his gaze flinch, his body remaining at perfect ease in his presence. He would have done the same with Palpatine, though with a sliver more apprehension perhaps.

Silence. That awful breathing. Finally, "See that you do not fail me, Colonel-General. I would hate to make an example of you to Yittreas." A swish of a heavy armorweave cloak, and the Imperial Executor and Dark Apprentice departed the corridor. Scyntor exhaled slowly, then made his way back to the landing platform where his shuttle waited.

~~~~~~~~~

DT-IVs are MY pets
SCREW YOUR PETS!
Indeed.
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Coruscant » Imperial Palace: High Command Board Room
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: