}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Year-End Meeting, 2008
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Announcements » Year-End Meeting, 2008
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thanates Scyntor
Corporal

Post Posted: Sat, January 03rd 2009 04:05pm    Post subject:

Ams Jendob wrote:
It's worth noting that a single Stormtrooper is worth about 250 French troopers on the Maginot line. Namely because he has to reload then.

That's if my troopers are blind, deaf quadruple amputees facing the wrong way.

"I do not forgive. Look into my eyes, and you will see only the promise of Hell."

~~~~~~~~~

Brent - Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing... how embarrassing. says:
DT-IVs are MY pets
Dj (VIII is begining to piss me off.) says:
SCREW YOUR PETS!
Supreme Moff Ams Jendob says:
Indeed.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Sat, January 03rd 2009 05:14pm    Post subject:

No, it's because they have bullet-proof armor and ray guns. :p

Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segments, Director of Imperial Intelligence
Expand

Galaxy Map|Board and RPG Rules|Game Guide

"The Preying Mantis often sizes up a potential mate while wearing too much eyeliner..." - Velora

"You are so cool, you make James Bond proud..." - My Dad... sarcastically. Don't try to juggle cutlery. :p
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kyp Durron
Corporal

Post Posted: Sat, January 03rd 2009 10:58pm    Post subject:

It'd be nice to see some good stories pop up here and there. I will gladly brush the cob webs off Kyp here as well as the Jedi Temple when I have the time.
Kalydon Skirata
Aedile

Post Posted: Sun, January 04th 2009 12:14am    Post subject:

Ams Jendob wrote:
Yeah, a couple hundred is a bit low... since, you know, any Star Destroyer carries a few thousand. Though, millions are a bit much.

Even the battle of Geonosis, as large as it was, only had about 200-250 thousand troops fighting for the Republic...about 25 thousand of which were either wounded in varying degrees or simply KIA.

Ams Jendob wrote:
It's worth noting that a single Stormtrooper is worth about 250 French troopers on the Maginot line. Namely because he has to reload then.

You're forgetting grenades, the Stormtrooper sidearm (if any, I know some troopers carry a rifle and a pistol), and possible hand to hand combat training (I know my ladies and gents have bayonets as well as a nice little assortment of bladed instruments for use up close and personal)

Field Marshall Kalydon Skirata
Commander of Stormtrooper Spec Ops and of Strike Force Omega

Forum Rules, Code of Conduct, and Technical FAQ

Xbox Live Gamercard
Expand

Adam Sessler calls out the Halo Haters
Expand

Last edited by Kalydon Skirata on Sun, January 04th 2009 12:22am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Sun, January 04th 2009 12:22am    Post subject:

Kalydon Skirata wrote:
Alatáriël Pallanén wrote:

Han Solo, for example, relied on his piloting skills and the speed of his ship, not because it was atop-of-the-line-beauty with an uber ULTRA OMEGA 3000 hyperdrive, either.

Personal gripe here, but it's not like he has to worry in the first place. By the game rules, he can't be really hurt, as with any "canon" character. Us poor originals aren't privy to such luxuries, us being expendable and all.
[ /end gripe, grumbling]

Not quite. Although it is true that certain characters are on the 'do not kill' list, these characters are still privy to injuries and getting 'hurt' as you put it. They can still be rendered pretty worthless without actually dying.

And of course, there is the chance of them getting killed by stupidity in battle or something like that.

"You know, if you could apply that smuggler's brain to real politics, you'd be my equal."
"Meaning I wouldn't be able to just draw my blaster and shoot the politicians? What kind of a deal is that?"

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
CMAC Webmaster

Post Posted: Sun, January 04th 2009 12:48am    Post subject:

Yeah... and as general matter, we have no desire to kill your characters, and that is why CMAC has such strict rules on character capture and death (and, actually, that's why the committee was formed). In most cases you only die if you consent to it, or if you do something very stupid.
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Sun, January 04th 2009 12:51am    Post subject:

Like jump in front of an E-Web beam... that's just raw death. :p

Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segments, Director of Imperial Intelligence
Expand

"The Preying Mantis often sizes up a potential mate while wearing too much eyeliner..." - Velora

"You are so cool, you make James Bond proud..." - My Dad... sarcastically. Don't try to juggle cutlery. :p
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kalydon Skirata
Aedile

Post Posted: Sun, January 04th 2009 01:00am    Post subject:

Ams Jendob wrote:
Like jump in front of an E-Web beam... that's just raw death. :p

What are the rules regarding using an NPC as a meatshield in such an instance? I'm sure their corpse could soak up a few shots to let you close in... :D

Xbox Live Gamercard
Expand

Expand
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Sun, January 04th 2009 01:02am    Post subject:

Pretty sure an E-Web is high enough to go through. Bear in mind that a blaster has an output in the megajoule range. Maybe two or three meatshields if you're up against military hardware. :p

Expand

Back to top »
Kalydon Skirata
Aedile

Post Posted: Sun, January 04th 2009 01:07am    Post subject:

Blasters never went through them in the movies... <_<

But if frontal doesn't work there are hundreds of ways to get around a meager E-Web...provided you're smart about it.

Which I guess is the whole point here. :P

Xbox Live Gamercard
Expand

Expand
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Sun, January 04th 2009 01:35am    Post subject:

Because you never see any living creature struck by one in the movies. :p

Expand

Back to top »
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Sun, January 04th 2009 02:29am    Post subject:

Right, well, I'm willing to RP with anyone that wants to set something up....

Last edited by Alatáriël Pallanén on Sun, January 04th 2009 02:41am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
dudop
Staff Sergeant

Post Posted: Sun, January 04th 2009 07:17pm    Post subject:

Speaking of which... I've just been sitting in front of the Alliance Silver House or whatever it is exactly, waiting to deliver that message you gave me for some time. I'm just too lazy to do anything about it. But if it's legal to be in two places at once, I'd gladly shove an NPC in front of an E-web, or whatever else you have planned. :)
Derek Brand
Sergeant

Post Posted: Tue, January 06th 2009 01:12am    Post subject:

BTW, what's the IC reason for this restructuring going to be? I mean, people will notice if the Empire's fleet of thousands of ships disappears overnight.

*Stabs Wedge repeatedly* :P Now everybody's happy. - Lazer

In Soviet Russia, Force uses you! :P - Kypjargon

Sarin, you ***** *** pansy, you screw with me, you screw with my GIANT LASER GUN. - Xaph, imitating Commander Shepard
 Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
CMAC Webmaster

Post Posted: Tue, January 06th 2009 01:23am    Post subject:

I'd say just pretend it's always been that way. It's as I explained earlier in the thread; ships necessary for plots will probably still be there (for example, Nevin will still have served on ISD Storm), but if there's any problems, let us know and we'll try to help you work something out.
Corporal

Post Posted: Thu, January 08th 2009 06:58pm    Post subject:

For those of you interested, the thread in Coruscant, with the discussion between the Colonel-General, Supreme Moff Yittreas, and Grand Admiral Thrawn should help be an indication of the scale of new assaults. I've been working closely with Ams to make sure that my details are accurate to reflect the overhaul.

When originally there would have been over a hundred ships, led by an Executor, to take over this system, there will be thirty... and of those thirty, likely less than half will see active battle. And this will be against one of the more heavily defended independent systems in the galaxy.

It will introduce much more intricate battles, when the mods only have to work with 70 ships in total, versus 70 ships in one squadron among dozens. I am perfectly willing to start a battle in the Assessment Room, if anyone is interested in experimenting with the new format.

"I do not forgive. Look into my eyes, and you will see only the promise of Hell."

~~~~~~~~~

Brent - Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing... how embarrassing. says:
DT-IVs are MY pets
Dj (VIII is begining to piss me off.) says:
SCREW YOUR PETS!
Supreme Moff Ams Jendob says:
Indeed.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Adria Reyna
First Sergeant

Post Posted: Fri, January 09th 2009 01:11pm    Post subject:

I'm ALLLLIIIIIVE! Fill me in on what I missed this year?

+ Mandalorians were somewhat win allready before Traviss came along, bound them in leather and rode them like ponies +
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Sat, January 10th 2009 04:42pm    Post subject:

You missed the shininess.

So, everyone... work on the economy is progressing well, which means issues come next. Which means designs are next... which means some of you have work to do. :p

I've redesigned the ISDs to canon figures as opposed to the WEG stats of 60 HTLs and 60 Ion cannons. Which means these ships with dozens of XX-9 turbolasers are now the new superships. Which, y'know... presents a big problem. :p They won't be denied, however, if you don't change them... but their new cost will befit their tactical capabilities and may put them out of reach. So, if you'd like to redesign anything, speak now. I'll set up a thread for posting designs for either dropping or redesign.

Expand

Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
CMAC Webmaster

Post Posted: Sat, January 10th 2009 07:08pm    Post subject:

Actually, if you want to redesign or drop anything, use the issues tool to add a response marking it as such.

Last edited by Nevin Antilles on Sat, January 10th 2009 07:08pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Sat, January 10th 2009 07:19pm    Post subject:

Unless, of course, the design in question isn't in the tool. Then use the thread.:p

Expand

Back to top »
Derek Brand
Sergeant

Post Posted: Sat, January 10th 2009 09:02pm    Post subject:

I had an idea to make the research costs more manageable.

Let's say for example that I have a frigate I want to design. CMAC sends me the research fees for the first stage and I decide if I want to pay or not. If I do, then they give me the fee for the next stage, etc. If I don't, then the research is either:

A. Put on hold until I want to continue.
B. Scrapped, and I lose the credits I invested.

Now, obviously something like a fighter would be a one or two stage design, whereas a battlecruiser might have several stages (Half-a-dozen or so). The overall cost would be divided up into the stages.

Sarin, you ***** *** pansy, you screw with me, you screw with my GIANT LASER GUN. - Xaph, imitating Commander Shepard
 Back to top »
Velora Antana
ECP Member

Post Posted: Sun, January 11th 2009 07:24am    Post subject:

Problem with that, is surely it would increase CMAC's workload? That's the last thing we want. Our boys and girls in cyan do enough as it is.

-Grand Admiral, Chief of Staff of Nespis Defence Force-

"LOL DILDOS" - Cray | "FFS" - Ams | "Moff, you should know better." - Han

Alex says:
I outnumber him ten million to one
Alex says:
GOOD ODDS FOR ANY GREEK

Expand

Crazed says:
everytime i talk to alexus, i love him a little more

Holder of the 30,000th post

Inventor of the phrase "I'll get my killin' hat." (Seriously. Google it.)

"My gut can't repel comedy of that magnitude!" - Jace911

Last edited by Velora Antana on Sun, January 11th 2009 07:25am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Derek Brand
Sergeant

Post Posted: Sun, January 11th 2009 12:52pm    Post subject:

I just don't want to try to research something, then find out after that I don't have the credits to pay. It makes more sense to have an idea of what to expect in advance, rather than try to research a battleship and then be told by CMAC that I have to sell off half my fleet to raise enough credits to pay.

Back to top »
Kilvec Ordo
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Sun, January 11th 2009 04:01pm    Post subject:

Half?

Kilvec Ordo

Chief Commander of the Citadel Krytocracy

"You just broke physics."-Peyr Baelish

"Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of Kilvec's nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Gustaf Koehler." -Alexus
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Sun, January 11th 2009 04:25pm    Post subject:

Eh, some kind of phased process would probably help... of course, the other alternative is to not try to buy giant battleships of doom (which the ISDs will be in the new setup... :p). I suppose we could also apply a few quick rules of thumb for estimating your own research costs, that way you can compare it to a comparable, existing ship and then gauge your potential costs against that.

Expand

Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Announcements » Year-End Meeting, 2008
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: