}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Peak of the Citadel Spire
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Devaron » Peak of the Citadel Spire
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Petyr Baelish
Aedile

Post Posted: Sat, September 20th 2008 09:15pm    Post subject: Peak of the Citadel Spire

Petyr stared blankly at the floor, his rear perched on the end of his once-meaningful throne high atop Citadel Spire. The throne, once a symbol of Devaron’s far-reaching might, now was purposeless, nullified by the Sovereignty’s impersonal absorption into the greater Galactic Empire. The entire chamber had been untouched for months now, transforming from the once-bustling brain of the collective Sovereignty to history in less than a week, and a fine layer of dust coated the room. Baelish slowly ran his fingers through his hair, thoughts skittering unchecked through his mind. After a moment, he gathered his will, stood up, and slowly walked across the chamber to his former home. The door softly slid open, coughing a cloud of dust into the air.

His uniform – the uniform of a Supreme Moff – was dotted with blotches of dust, interrupting the flow of perfect white with rude gray smears. A month ago, a week ago – even yesterday he would have been furious. He no longer cared, longing for the formal robe he had usually worn as Supreme Emperor. His room was quite how he’d left it, albeit coated with dust. Cast in an eerie light from Devaron’s sun through the dirty viewport, the domicile evoked nothing but memories: accomplished memories, happy memories.

“Mr. Brooks, would you come up here, please?” he said very lightly into his communicator, which he removed from his ear and set on his unused dresser. Characteristically, Petyr pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed. One by one, he removed his insignia, medals, and ornaments from his uniform and then removed his white dress jacket and collapsed into an unused leather chair. As silence retook the room, Baelish was faced with his conscience. He hated being a Supreme Moff, he now acknowledged that. Supreme Moff Baelish, as an entity, exited only to issue orders that would be completed anyhow, he only gave them because somebody had to.

In a frenzy of neural spontaneity, an entire course of action flicked through his mind like a flipbook.

“Yes, m’lord?” Maximilian Brooks spoke from the doorway, out of Petyr’s line of sight.

“I’m going to leave,” Petyr said, scratching the back of his head and still facing away from Brooks. “Peacefully, of course. I’m going to leave and start anew. I’ll take a few dozen families, members of the population who are loyal to me and not the Empire.”

“Why are you telling this to me, m’lord?”

Baelish stood up suddenly, his eyes still fixed out of the room’s windows overlooking Lannisport. “I need you. You’re the best I know at what you do. I figure you’ll likely be more inclined to stay with the Empire, but realize here, you’re second-rate. There is somebody that works faster and designs better than you ever will, no offense, of course. I’d just like to see your talents appreciated.” He laughed. “Also, I have already signed on an old friend of yours, Adolph Antario, as a civilian engineer. I hear you and him go back.”

2084rpg.net - Business, science, intrigue, and rebellion.

"Pazaak bores me. I often suspect my opponent of cheating. I prefer predictable games, such as galactic economics."

Last edited by Petyr Baelish on Sat, September 20th 2008 09:17pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Petyr Baelish
Aedile

Post Posted: Sun, December 28th 2008 06:04pm    Post subject:

Petyr rounded the corner out of the empty chambers at a sickeningly fast pace, leaving the relatively-diminutive Brooks to scuttle along behind him in a futile attempt at staying beside. "I will travel to Coruscant and petition the Emperor myself. I'd like you to gather what equipment and schematics you need and meet me at my private landing pad. Erase the blueprint databases -- the Empire's already got copies, and I wouldn't like some young entrepreneur to stumble into your life's work."

Brooks, shaking his head, chuckled to himself and peeled off into a perpendicular hallway and Baelish continued to an elevator. He stuffed his hand into his pocket and reequipped his earpiece, "Mr. Antario?"

"Yes, Mr. Baelish?"

"Did you get my message?"

Adolph cleared his throat. "Mhm, yes."

"Meet me at my landing pad in an hour."

2084rpg.net - Business, science, intrigue, and rebellion.

"Pazaak bores me. I often suspect my opponent of cheating. I prefer predictable games, such as galactic economics."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Devaron » Peak of the Citadel Spire
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: