}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Prospero-class codename "Arc Hammer II"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Carida » Prospero-class codename "Arc Hammer II"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thanates Scyntor
Corporal

Post Posted: Tue, May 06th 2008 04:49pm    Post subject:

Scyntor took up the second box and weighed it in his hands, still looking the man in the eye. He had miraculously crashed on Carida, managed to fight despite decades of being held in suspended animation, and had wound up to be a worthy asset to the Corps. There were several that stood against his promotion to General, including the very man that designed and built the armor the xenos wore. However, there was talent ready to be unlocked in what little there was left of the man's original cortex... and it was time to up the stakes.

"Zero... ever since the training programs and classes on Carida, I've considered the issue of where to place you. There have been whisperings on all sides, from those commending your performance to distrusting your specie. In fact, all it's taught me is that I can only listen to my advisers when it doesn't involve choosing advisers."

The box opened on silent hinges, and Scyntor laid his palm on what lay within, considering a moment. "Bearing this in mind, I have decided that there will be five. Five advisers to my position, each with a different area of specialty. Zone-specific infantry, Dark Troopers, static assault forces, Defense coordination... and mobile invasion."

Squaring his shoulders, he turned the box and laid it down on the console before Zero. "Unknown Specimen number 1138-E, codename 'Zero.' I, Thanates Scyntor, loyal commander and Colonel-General of His Imperial Majesty's Stormtrooper Corps, present to you an offering of rank. After much deliberation and consideration, the rank offered before you now is Field Marshal, advisor to the rank of Colonel-General and placed in command of mobile invasionary forces. This includes all standard Stormtrooper forces garrisoned aboard mobile vessels, including but not limited to Strike Force Omega.

"If you accept, a detachment of troopers of your choice will be selected to form your own personal squad, to be specialized in surgical assault and rapid deployment. General Zero, how do you respond?"

"I do not forgive. Look into my eyes, and you will see only the promise of Hell."

~~~~~~~~~

Brent - Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing... how embarrassing. says:
DT-IVs are MY pets
Dj (VIII is begining to piss me off.) says:
SCREW YOUR PETS!
Supreme Moff Ams Jendob says:
Indeed.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zero
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Wed, May 07th 2008 12:19pm    Post subject:

Zero stared up at Scyntor with wide-eyed fascination. Was he really being bestowed such a prestigious rank? Endless streams of mobile tactics began entering his mind as he pictured himself riding into battle.... or would it be simply standing at Scyntor's side and using his computer systems to suggest strategies? He was sure, if he knew enough about Scyntor's character, that he would still be leading in the field of combat. Everything in the past twenty four hours had moved so quickly, Zero wasn't sure how the Colonel-General had decided to trust him with such a position; but, he was glad that he did.

Nodding sharply, Zero met Scyntor's gaze, ready to begin his new position in the Empire. " I accept, sir."

<Rank image pending...>

Scyntor: Oh and this is my new best friend Zero...no...noooo...don't point the big experimental plasma weapon at the nice rebel leader...
 Back to top »
Thanates Scyntor
Corporal

Post Posted: Thu, May 08th 2008 08:19pm    Post subject:

Scyntor nodded, then turned the box towards the now-Field Marshal. Within it, a matching rank plaque to Kalydon's sat, with the three code cylinders. However, rather than the guns... a different item sat nestled within the folds of the fabric lining the box. Pulling aside the veil of fabric, the Colonel-General removed a sheathed saber, approximately 1.2 meters in length.

The scabbard was metallic, made from the material from his transport pod. Light glinted off platinum-inlaid sigils in ancient Caridan, translating to "United as one, divided by Zero." The blade whispered softly as it was removed from the tooled leather confines of the sheath, so set to keep the blade quiet and safe from scratching.

The blade itself, however, was different entirely: A meticulously crafted weapon made from only the highest quality materials. The bulk of the saber was crafted of duranium, with a single inlaid stripe running from tip to hilt of neuranium, making the weapon much heavier and difficult to wield by a regular being. The edge of the blade, by contrast, was black, honed of cortosis alloy to enable it to withstand the intense heat and pressure of hacking through metal, as the cyborg was able to do.

Holding it in his hands, he stared at it a moment before looking back into his Field Marshal's eyes. "The lightning hand of the Corps, first able to respond to the Emperor's command. With this blade, as with your command, you will be able to drive straight for the heart of our enemies and see them fall before you. Working as you will with Skirata, I will be counting on you to fulfill my orders quickly and without prejudice."

The Colonel-General sighed, laying his hands to the custom S-10 blasters at his hips as he thought. "Field Marshal Skirata, go to the bridge and use the relays to summon the whole of Strike Force Omega to Kuat for routine maintenance. Have the Black Star divert to Carida: we will be taking it and tracking down the son of a kath hound that escaped you the first time. Field Marshal Zero, go to the bridge and send a coded message to Major-General Gato Braun'Syar, tell him I'll be needing him and twenty-nine of his best men. Then, go to the assembly line and pull one hundred eighty Phase II Troopers from the line.

Thanates smiled tightly, then snapped to a full attention. "Field Marshals, Dismissed."

"I do not forgive. Look into my eyes, and you will see only the promise of Hell."

~~~~~~~~~

Brent - Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing... how embarrassing. says:
DT-IVs are MY pets
SCREW YOUR PETS!
Indeed.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kalydon Skirata
Aedile

Post Posted: Fri, May 23rd 2008 01:55am    Post subject:

Kal returned from sending his orders to Omega and the Black Star, "General, it is done. My Marines have also transferred to the Black Star and are currently prepping every piece of ordnance they have for the time we find Solomon."

He stood before General Scyntor, his new bars shining in the light, ready for whatever fate could possibly throw at him. "Field Marshal Zero and I had a plan in regards to tracking the traitor down as well as that warship of his..." he began.

Field Marshall Kalydon Skirata
Commander of Stormtrooper Spec Ops and of Strike Force Omega

Forum Rules, Code of Conduct, and Technical FAQ

Xbox Live Gamercard
Expand

Adam Sessler calls out the Halo Haters
Expand
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Mejaque Khryss
Private First Class

Post Posted: Mon, May 26th 2008 11:17am    Post subject:

"Ahm, sorry teh interject."

Mejaque rapped on the frame of the briefing rooms door, not really that apologetic but it was his ship after all, "But Admiral Skirata's private channel has been abuzz with activity...some bounty hunter aboot some form of outstanding deal with ye,"

The dwarf handed over the datapad to Kal before excusing himself

Ailyn, whereever the hell she was in the galaxy, had apparently made contact with Zann's organisation - she had apparently left her ship, the Firespray that Zero had seen her use to leave Mandalore, on Toola along with the codes to lock onto a transponder she had hidden about her person...one that would lead Kal to her, and by association, Zann.

Last edited by Mejaque Khryss on Mon, May 26th 2008 11:19am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Kalydon Skirata
Aedile

Post Posted: Tue, May 27th 2008 12:51am    Post subject:

As Kal accepted the datapad he scanned over the contents of the message. "General Scyntor I'll be taking a leave now." The tone of a statement rather than a request. "I have to meet with a bounty hunter I hired, a Miss Aylin Vel, to track down Tyber Zann so I could...entice him to reveal the location of Jason Solomon's warship."

He grabbed the two sidearms that Scyntor prepared for him, "Shouldn't be long at all, in and out." As he started out the door he added, "I have to do this alone as well."

The Field Marshall's destination was the Black Star, so he could arm himself and then to a shuttlecraft. He wasn't fond of shuttles, but he wasn't going to take the chance of leaving a Starfury on Toola.

Field Marshall Kalydon Skirata
Commander of Stormtrooper Spec Ops and of Strike Force Omega

Forum Rules, Code of Conduct, and Technical FAQ

Xbox Live Gamercard
Expand

Adam Sessler calls out the Halo Haters
Expand
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Thanates Scyntor
Corporal

Post Posted: Tue, December 09th 2008 04:54pm    Post subject:

What the hell has happened?

It had been over a month, and yet the sting still flowed through his veins. He had not seen the Emperor since his unveiling, and had not been summoned... but that didn't mean anything. The Stormtrooper Corps was to be fiercely loyal to the Emperor, and that wouldn't change. In fact...

Scyntor paced back and forth in the cartographical archives, surrounded by a holo of the galaxy. The three-dimensional representation showed various colored lines, starbursts of varying hues, and small markers that led to footnotes: the master Imperial battle strategy, formulated by none other than the blue-skinned demon that had single-handedly manipulated his two top commanders into serving as puppets accentuating Palpatine's revival in galactic politics.

The bastard would have to pay for moving out of his authority and falsifying his command codes with regards to the orders Zero received. It could not be tolerated, would not be tolerated by him or anyone else in his command... but what was he going to do? Until Palpatine gave him the word, he was still a member of High Command and, therefore, subject to the rank and file of seniority that came with the fifteen-member council. Twelve Naval officers, him, the Grand General of the Army, Grand Marshal Testudinata...

What had happened to him? A furious buildup of forces at Kuat, followed by months of waiting. He had anticipated something, but was it this? Or was it something else, something to do with his injury aboard Thrawn's vessel? Again, moving back to the Chiss Grand Admiral, the third most senior officer in the Imperial Navy, and by his records the most effective.

His fist slammed down on the communications panel, enough to buckle the thick durasteel. "Coded transmission to Carida command. Initialize protocol alpha-one eight seven." The channel cut out just as quickly... there would be no mistaking the order.

The protocol, as immutable as a Base Delta Zero order to the Navy, would be followed to the letter as soon as it was received, which would be right about... now. The orders, emplaced within hours of Scyntor's acceptance of the office of Colonel-General, were for the sudden buildup of the Corps.

Transports, gunships, weapons, armour, 'droids, and other necessities of war were detailed in the pages-long purchase orders. Changes to training regimen, increased war games, and a stepping-up of police forces were all entailed in the act that would increase the size of the Corps by over one hundred fifty percent. It would be glorious, and it would be executed within a period of weeks...

But there was something else he needed. Something that the galaxy hadn't seen yet... "Send a personal message to Khryss... have him and his toys initialize the construction of the Storm Cannon. Five of them, to be placed on ships to be later designated."

A metallic voice offered its confirmation before cutting out, leaving the Colonel-General to his brooding. This was going to be beautiful, and deadly. Perfect...

~~~~~~~~~

DT-IVs are MY pets
SCREW YOUR PETS!
Indeed.
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Carida » Prospero-class codename "Arc Hammer II"
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: