}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
The Rogue Traders' Bar
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Nespis VIII » The Rogue Traders' Bar
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emily Cole

Post Posted: Sun, April 27th 2008 12:51pm    Post subject: The Rogue Traders' Bar

Emily never understood why she was always the one who got sent undercover into these places - it was hard to keep surveillance while also foisting off the inebriated passes of legions of identical investment bankers. After all, she thought, she was the 50% of her partnership that looked stunning in a crushed velvet evening jacket with skin-tight jeans, whereas Jano was much less likely to attract male attention in this sort of bar. She held a cuff up to her mouth and muttered an abridged version of this thought into one of her buttons.

"This is a bar frequented by stockbrokers and bankers, and you think a six foot, well built black man won't attract any passes? Are you crazy?" Jano's voice hissed into her minute earpiece, "They're only going after you out of a sense of duty to their disappointed mothers. I'm the real candy to these-"

Emily sighed and banged her cuff against her glass, which made a satisfying crystal bing. At the other end of the line she heard a shriek of surprise, followed by inarticulate cursing. She put her cuff up to her hand again, this time holding up her comlink, which was switched off. Conventional com signals were probably being monitored by some bad guy or another, and that was something they didn't want. Not on this mission, anyway. She spoke into her button again, using the comm to disguise what she was doing. "Stop making crass remarks and stay alert," she said, "I can see our boy now."

A middle aged man, quite short, had entered the bar, and taken a seat, fortunately, quite close to the bowl of mixed nuts which no one wanted to eat, and which Emily had planted a listening device in half an hour earlier. She heard him clear his throat and saw him wave away the barman. After a couple of minutes, another man, slightly younger and sporting a beard that made him look like an idiot walked into the bar, and, despite an abundance of free seats, took one next to the middle-aged man, who now signalled to the barman.

"What's going on?" asked Jano,

"Another guy just entered," she said. Her partner began to speak again but Emily shushed him, reminding him that she couldn't listen to him and their mark at the same time.

Jano lapsed into silence just as the listening device crackled into Emily's other earpiece, "I'll have a Lesper, no ice." The barman repeated the last two words, and turned to the younger man, asking him if he wanted anything.

"No Lesper for me, they remind me of Contruum in the spring," said the bearded man, who turned to the older one.

He said, "I'd suggest the Black Bantha. It's very expensive, but worth it."

"I'll have a Black Bantha," said the bearded man to the barman, who nodded and went to work. Beardie turned to the older man. "Have you ever been to Contruum in the spring?"

"Only when the weather is clement."

The bearded man nodded, and Emily sighed again. Damn codes.

-Operative, Enigma Bureau, Nespis Intelligence Service-
25,000 creditoes.

Last edited by Emily Cole on Sat, May 03rd 2008 03:23pm; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
Emily Cole

Post Posted: Sat, May 10th 2008 12:38pm    Post subject:

"You got your five mil and we've got the merchandise," muttered the bearded man, so that Emily could barely hear him, even with the sophisticated listening device's amplifiers. "Why have you made contact again?"

"I think they're onto me," said the middle aged man, "If they find out what I've done I'll be sent to Pergitor for life!" Emily inhaled gently, wishing the thankfull less oblique conversation would become slightly less oblique so she would know completely what was going on.

"We've got the Cybers," said the bearded man, "We don't need you any more." Emily heard Jano let out a gasp - a deep, manly gasp, but a gasp nonetheless. She tried to restrain her own shock; Intel had known someone was selling secrets, but nothing so major.

The bearded man stood and began to leave, and the middle aged turncoat became quite agitated, jumping up from his own seat. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a blaster.

"He's got a piece!" yelped the barman and dived to the ground. There was a hubbub as several dozen investment bankers and their girlfriends tried to get behind each other or hide under the tables. Emily crouched behind her table and pushed it over onto the ground, the metal clang barely audible over all the yelling. The bearded man simply smiled, and pressed a button on his wristcomm.

The bar's door exploded inward, and through the brief flames stepped a Cyber soldier, the carbon dioxide of the fire defences washing over his armour and forming tiny ice crystals in the joints of its arms.

"Thank Gods!" yelled the boldest banker, pointing at the jittery quisling, who still had his gun pointed at the back of the bearded man. "Trooper, arrest this man!"

The Cyber soldier raised its right arm, its wrist blaster already extended. The small weapon spat several scarlet bolts at the middle aged man, who barely had time to scream as the lasers, attuned to the exact setting that would kill a humanoid, scrambled his nervous system and threw him against the bar, leaving him lying against the marble with three small holes in his chest.

"Easy, I said to ar-" started the banker, before the Cyber soldier turned to face him. He fell silent.

The soldier's armoured head turned slowly to face the bearded man, who said, softly, "You know the policy. No witnesses." The soldier turned back to the banker, and primed its wrist blaster. It extended its arm, and fired, knocking down the two men next to the banker, a single bolt lashing out at each target and killing him instantly.

"No! You can't do this! It's inhuman!" yelled the terrified banker, running up to the soldier and falling to his knees, clasping his hands in horror. The Cyber simply reached out and grabbed his kneck, sending waves of deadly electrity through his body before hurling the sparking, smoking corpse against a wall with hydrolic strength. It turned back to the huddling bar patrons and opened fire once more, its rapid scarlet bolts mowing down the few brave souls who attemped to flee. It began firing repeatedly at the tables, the metal furniture starting to melt under the barrage, as the patrons curled behind them.

"What's happening? What's happening?" Jano shouted into Emily's ear, and she realised he had been yelling at her for over a minute.

She overcame her shock and fear, forcing it back like she always did, reached into her handbag and pulled out her DL-18. "I need some frakking backup, Jano!" she yelled. "It's killing everyone!" She opened fire, her weapon juddering slightly in her hands as it exhausted its power cell spitting bolt after bolt of crimson energy into the head and torso of the Cyber soldier, and doing nothing but create sparks and briefly heating the suit's titanium shell.

25,000 creditoes.
 Back to top »
Emily Cole

Post Posted: Sun, October 05th 2008 08:40am    Post subject:

And then the plot was dropped.

FOR NOW.

25,000 creditoes.
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Nespis VIII » The Rogue Traders' Bar
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: