}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
To the Galaxy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Galactic Communications » To the Galaxy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carlist Rieekan
Master Sergeant

Post Posted: Fri, July 07th 2006 07:52am    Post subject:

You, Mr. Jax are truely a relic of an era which ended with the First Galactic Civil War. Groups or people that dont change, die. This will be true with the Empire when the fighting begins.

Speaking of fighting, someone attack someone else already lol.

Back to top »
Kalydon Skirata
Aedile

Post Posted: Fri, July 07th 2006 10:42am    Post subject:

Kind words madame Chief of State, but I believe you give up too quickly on the diplomatic process and are too quick to pull the trigger in this.

And unfortunately, I still hear her scream in my nightmares, I still see the terrified look of the Rebel soldier as I chased him down for ten city blocks, I still see the look in his face as he discharged his weapon even after I gave him a chance to leave unharmed...and I remember the look on his face after he died from my vibrosword.

I still have the scar from the blaster wound as well, a reminder that even acts of mercy will not go unappreciated.
He witnessed his lover's death by the hands of the trooper, was about to let him go, but the sudden "stab in the back" by the enemy brought out a primal rage, partly because of the betrayal, partly because that man murdered the one thing that meant anything to him.

But to the Alliance Commandant,
Who's to say the Empire hasn't changed? Whenever we try to defend our claims we always seem to get some rookie Alliance commander telling us to "can it".

I don't think we need to name names either.

We haven't authorized any BDZ operations or any more wastes of resources called the Death Stars, and as the Moff has explained, there was an attempt on Zend's life for her actions...trust me, if she was in my command I would have her publicly hung by the neck for what she did.
I believe there are rules to follow even in wartime, and the needless slaughter of hundreds of millions of civilians...well, you understand.

Also, if you had listened to the Sovereign Protector, you would notice one major change...he called for the return of peace. He is a Sovereign Protector, trained for death and destruction without remorse or regret...and yet he also calls for peace.
I find that in itself a remarkable change...but alas, some still cannot see beyond a faction name.

But as Moff Jendob stated one year ago, we will not fire the first shots, we will act in defense to survive.
And by god, if you continue on this hellish course, the entire galaxy will suffer from your bloody "need" to wipe us out.

Field Marshall Kalydon Skirata
Commander of Stormtrooper Spec Ops and of Strike Force Omega

Forum Rules, Code of Conduct, and Technical FAQ

Xbox Live Gamercard
Expand

Adam Sessler calls out the Halo Haters
Expand
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Leia Organa Solo
Private First Class

Post Posted: Fri, July 07th 2006 11:51am    Post subject:

I'm sorry to say, Mr. Jax, that war is the only alternative. I used to be a senator, a princess, a diplomat that travelled on missions of mercy to help the victims of the Empire. I've seen of what it has been and still is capable. Trust me when I say that war is the only alternative.

Vice Admiral Skirata, I agree with you that Admiral Zend should not be back...but this is my point. While you may be opposed to the heinous acts that the Empire committed in the past, it has somehow conspired that Zend returns to a civilized government. That worries me, Vice Admiral. I'm, however, sickened by an Empire that publically beats my husband to vie for my cedation to ridiculous demands.

For the allegations that I'm power hungry; when this war is over and the galaxy is free again, I'll gladly submit my authority to democratic process. If I were power hungry, I would have remained in Palpatine's senate, before he dissolved it.

Last edited by Leia Organa Solo on Fri, July 07th 2006 11:56am; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
Carnor Jax
ECP Member/Faction Lieutenant

Post Posted: Fri, July 07th 2006 12:42pm    Post subject:

I do not doubt, Lady Organa-Solo, that you were not power-hungry while you were a Senator, and you certainly did not need more power than that you weilded as Princess of Alderaan - the very fact that you were abducted by Palpatine's regime confirms that. However, with your planet destroyed and your government loosing its influence on the galaxy, I believe you have since come to the realization that you crave the attention.

And need I remind you that what you are doing bears a strong echo of former-Chancellor Palpatine's takeover of the Republic Senate... seizure of power from a foe whose only crime is not following the same set of ideals as you, creating controversy by bringing up matters long since resolved, all in a desperate bid to gather more systems to your cause. You point fingers at crimes that the New Empire has already paid restitution for. You have no current evidence to support your arguements, only shadows from the past.

Your hatemongering, Lady Organa-Solo, is the reason I take up arms against you. Contrary to what the galactic ruling authority seems to believe of me, I only fight when it is necessary, and always attempt to resolve situations outside of the arena whenever possible. I, myself, have changed much over the past year... why do you not recognize this? The anwer to that question is simple - because admitting that I have changed means admitting that the Empire has changed, which would ruin your case.

Even now, as you speak of Commander Solo's imprisonment, you fail to see the true extent of our change. Under Palpatine, he would have been executed live on the holonet, or tortured using devices even I still have nightmares about. Instead... he was bloodied by hands and feet only. And it is to this cause alone: That you may see the futility of your crusade and call it off before more people get hurt. Before your soldiers die in a fruitless campaign to place your name on the average galactic citizen's tax forms.

This war, as stated before, is entirely on your hands. You and your officials are the only ones in the galaxy that bear a grudge to the actions of the Old Empire. The Empire's current systems hold no grudge for our crimes - indeed, they are living happier than ever and would be willing to tell you straight-out that their lives under the New Empire are flourishing as they never thought possible. The entire Galactic populace, aside from those systems you have already infected with your loathing, agrees that the system of government bears resemblence to the Old Empire in name only.

The only ground you stand on, Lady Organa-Solo, is the ground you wish into existance. You close your eyes, stick your fingers in your ears, and sing loudly to drown out the logic that prevails, and from your own sheer will and stubborn lack of vision do you find your legs with which to stand against the New Empire. Eventually that world will come crashing down on you, and I only pray that you are not alone when the folly of your actions greets you...

I would never wish the insanity, brought on by the knowledge that you sacrificed innocents for your own bid of power, on anyone... not even my most hated enemies. And certainly not upon you.

"Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Expand

"I gained [my votes] through "legal" means (read: bribes and threats)."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Salla Vivek
Private First Class

Post Posted: Fri, July 07th 2006 04:57pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Instead... he was bloodied by hands and feet only.

Erm, I may have been joking before about taking off that bucket once and a while, but now I think you really need to consider it because you seemed to have missed the blaster bolt that hit him in the shoulder. Or maybe you wanted to miss it.

Anyway, you're blowing nothing but hot air now. I'm surprised the Chief of State even listens to you.

Back to top »
Carnor Jax

Post Posted: Fri, July 07th 2006 05:10pm    Post subject:

Blasters don't leave blood, Comander Vivek. Or does the Rebel Alliance not know that?

(I only read the gist of the communique, not the whole thing and missed the part on the blaster)

And perhaps you should let Lady Organa-Solo speak for herself... that is, if she still has the nerve.

"Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

Expand

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Salla Vivek
Private First Class

Post Posted: Fri, July 07th 2006 05:28pm    Post subject:

Carnor Jax wrote:
Blasters don't leave blood, Comander Vivek. Or does the Rebel Alliance not know that?

Tsk, tsk. You're a Sovereign Protector and you don't even know your facts concerning the kind of damage blasters cause? I'm ashamed. Well, let me provide you with a medical lesson. Blasters DO cause you to bleed, iron clad.

And yes, they do. :lol:

You're thinking lightsabers, which cauterize the wound and leave no blood.

Last edited by Salla Vivek on Fri, July 07th 2006 05:38pm; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
Carnor Jax

Post Posted: Fri, July 07th 2006 05:44pm    Post subject:

Heh - how very much like the weak... attacking misspoken words and leaving the largest of issues unresolved, praying that their petty jibes are sufficient to mask the knowledge of their own inadequacy.

I do not deal in energy weapons, Commander Vivek... you very rarely see me with a blaster. I prefer my blades, and use them well. However, your attempt to divert the issue has failed - the matter now rests between Lady Organa-Solo and the rest of the galaxy... will intelligence prevail, or war?

(EDIT: And how do you explain the blaster burn Leia got in RotJ, hmm? The concept of the blaster involves controlled exploitation of quantum flux, in which electrons of atoms are forcibly moved from level to level, releasing a photon of energy, which acts in both a particulat and wave-form manner. The intense energy of th ephoton created burns as opposed to simple penetration like slugthrowers, and thus did indeed cauterize wounds, though not to the depth a lightsaber was capable of)

Expand

Last edited by Carnor Jax on Fri, July 07th 2006 05:50pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Salla Vivek
Private First Class

Post Posted: Fri, July 07th 2006 05:49pm    Post subject:

No, I've just decided to ignore your petty squabbling. I'm sick of hearing you go off on meaningless tangents that are only meant to glorify yourself and your Empire. Shove it up where the sun don't shine, buddy, we don't want to hear your propaganda.

People don't need to hear your voice to decide which side to ally with. They'll make their own decisions based on actions, not talk.

And now that I am leaving this frequency, I know you'll come back with some witty, half-assed comment to glorify yourself once more. But no matter, it'll just prove my point.

Good day to you, sir.

*leaves channel*

Back to top »
Carlist Rieekan
Master Sergeant

Post Posted: Fri, July 07th 2006 06:20pm    Post subject:

Leia Organa Solo wrote:
Although we are at war, I would like to state clearly to the members of the Alliance that relentless, unfounded mudslinging will not be tolerated.

Dont log back on, Commander, if all you're going to do is disobey orders.

Last edited by Carlist Rieekan on Fri, July 07th 2006 06:20pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Lance Jerik
Corporal

Post Posted: Fri, July 07th 2006 07:03pm    Post subject:

Quote:
But as Moff Jendob stated one year ago, we will not fire the first shots, we will act in defense to survive.

Hmmm... so kidnapping and beating the commander-in-chief doesn't count as firing the first shots? What about shooting him?

Quote:
I do not doubt, Lady Organa-Solo, that you were not power-hungry while you were a Senator, and you certainly did not need more power than that you weilded as Princess of Alderaan - the very fact that you were abducted by Palpatine's regime confirms that. However, with your planet destroyed and your government loosing its influence on the galaxy, I believe you have since come to the realization that you crave the attention.

You claim that the Chief of State is power-hungry while making demands for her to surrender every valuable world and ship she posesses, to destroy all the other ships, and to completely surrender. If thought through logically, I'd guess the Empire wants this war. Though I'm sure that will all change before long.

Quote:
Heh - how very much like the weak... attacking misspoken words and leaving the largest of issues unresolved, praying that their petty jibes are sufficient to mask the knowledge of their own inadequacy.

Hmmm.... guilty of your own accusations? Tsk, tsk.

However I've important matters to attend to now, and I don't need any explanation for your hypocrisy.

*Out*

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Fri, July 07th 2006 09:40pm    Post subject:

Solo was wounded by getting into the path of the beam. The actual target was an escaping prisoner, Commodore Brokna, and use of deadly force against armed prisoners is legal according to the rules of war.

Simply put, he blundered into the shot. But this time, he can't chalk it up to being drugged.

Grand Marshal, despite the scurrilous nature of these claims by our critics, as well as your desire to defend the Empire on all fronts, I must ask you to leave this channel. I will take it from here.

Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segments, Director of Imperial Intelligence
Expand

Galaxy Map|Board and RPG Rules|Game Guide

"The Preying Mantis often sizes up a potential mate while wearing too much eyeliner..." - Velora

"You are so cool, you make James Bond proud..." - My Dad... sarcastically. Don't try to juggle cutlery. :p

Last edited by Ams Jendob on Fri, July 07th 2006 09:53pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Carnor Jax

Post Posted: Fri, July 07th 2006 10:02pm    Post subject:

It shall be as ordered, Sir.

*Jax's visored image flickers, then vanishes from the channel*

Expand

Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Galactic Communications » To the Galaxy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: