}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Coruscant, EmPal SuRecon
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Coruscant » Coruscant, EmPal SuRecon
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Firmus Piett
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Sun, September 16th 2007 08:02pm    Post subject: Coruscant, EmPal SuRecon

"Subject 1 is a human male, around fifty years old and is currently playing host to Subject 2." the sedated form of High Admiral Piett lay face down on the operating table in one of EmPal SuRecon's pristine, sterile operation theatres - the flesh of his back had been sliced open and pulled apart giving a full view of his spinal column and the back of his ribs along with the myliobatidae-esque creature that spread itsself over the upper spinal section and a large portion of the upper back. The surgeon looked it over and edged his recording droid closer to him, "Subject 2 is a parasite that appears to be from the ray family - meaning it could be aquatic or possibly airborne like the birith of Dantooine."

With the tip of his surgical tool he prodded the unconcious parasite before continuing, "Given the size of Subject Two it is likely that it entered Subject One some time before it grew to its current size - it is possible then that this species uses its host in a parasitic nature until it grows to full size killing the host - given the situation in which Subject Two was discovered it is likely that it posses mild sentience and a child-like curiosity that led to it following something it learnt from Subject One's mind - given Subject One's level within the Empire this possibly makes Subject Two a security hazard - will give my recomendations to superiors."

Slowley and surely the surgeon grasped one of the ray-like creatures wings and attempted to peel it up - it came away quite easily until he reached the center of Pietts back were he encountered resistance - glancing under the arm he looked at the mass of wirey protrusions from the parasites underside, "Subject Two appears to have secured itsself to Subject One by grafting an external part of its nervous system to its host - this may be how it gains control." he grasped an electrode-like tool from his tray "Given the earlier negative reaction the subject displayed to electrical energy I am going to attempt to stimulate its nerve-extensions with electricity rather than cut them free of the host." he prodded one of the parasites nerve-extensions with the probe, smiling in satisfaction as it retreated into the creatures underbelly

After much work he was able to lift the creature away from Pietts body and onto a large tray nearby, "Subject Two appears to have been cleanly removed from Subject One - the operation is therefor a success...Subject Two will be isolated until superior's can deal with it Subject One is now to be taken through a full bacta cycle before he can be returned to active service."
Thrawn
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Sun, October 07th 2007 08:56pm    Post subject:

The trip to the Coruscant Galactic Art Repository was very beneficial. The staff had been curteous, even if they displayed a certain... hesitance to serve an alien. The works contained therein came from every corner of the galaxy, ranging from masterful works from the Alderaani to the cubist nature of the Elom. There, too, were a series of crude drawings, expressed with a strange amalgam of gentle curves and jagged lines; the result of a parasite infecting one of the greater artisans of the Hapes consortium.

Those sketches were remarkably similar to the one Piett had created concerning the explosion of the Nemodia. The simple black and white works of art, found among the artist's possessions as his corpse was dragged out of his apartment. The official cause of death had been ruled neural failure, and there was a small wound at the base of the artist's skull that was unexplainable.

A parasite was the most logical explination, but the galaxy had not been able to find and take one alive before. If the physicians and surgeons at EmPal SuRecon were able to keep the creature alive it would be a tremendous asset to the knowledge of the Empire. Musing upon this, Thrawn stepped through the turbolift doors to the gallery overlooking the primary surgical bay. A brush of his blue fingertips brought up the status reports concerning his progress.

"Doctor, when Piett is well enough please have me informed. I have some more questions for him, and for the creature you pulled from him as well. We can learn a great deal from their experiences."
 Back to top »
Firmus Piett
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Tue, October 16th 2007 10:13am    Post subject:

“Sir, I must recommend that you rest, you’ve only just come out of recovery, you aren’t ready to return to active service.”

Piett glared at the orderly who was trying desperately to convince him to lie back down as he attempted to climb out of the hospital bed, the High Admiral did his very best to look dignified in a hospital gown as he tried to keep rising, “And I assure you that I am well enough to return to my post, regardless of your superiors ‘medical opinion’.” With a huff Firmus pushed himself to his feet, “I hardly rose to my position by being weak.” He waved the man away from him and paced the length of his bed, smoothing his gown.

“I will assume, then, that you are well enough to receive visitors High Admiral.” Piett glanced towards the doorway and the blue skinned, glowing eyed Grand Admiral standing there – if he hadn’t been convinced the alien was incapable of it, he would have sworn to have seen the ghost of a smile glancing across Thrawn’s mouth.

Piett saluted curtly, “They should have hardly have kept you waiting, Sir, I have been able to receive visitors since I returned to consciousness – I am informed that it was you that discovered my...uhhm…condition.” he paused a moment and begrudgingly gave the alien a bow, “You have my thanks, Sir.”
Thrawn
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Wed, October 24th 2007 06:49pm    Post subject:

Thrawn looked at Piett a moment, scanning the man's eyes for any trace of insubordination or deception. However, there was none there... and the man was genuinely thankful. He acknowledged the High Admiral's bow with a slight nod, and half-turned towards the door. A pause, and his smooth, modulated voice cut through the thick silence of the hospital room. "Your return to active duty has been expedited thanks to the testimony of the doctors... as well as the creature they pulled from your spine. Your post awaits you, Admiral, and I would suggest you hurry there. You do not seem to be a man that enjoys waiting to return to service."

The blue-skinned Chiss started from the room, but paused again. There was something on his mind, something of interest to him. "I'd like a full report of your experience with the creature. Please try to have it to me within a week. Welcome back, Admiral." And with those words he turned and exited Piett's room, bent for the research laboratory on the lower levels of EmPal SuRecon. The level that the creature was housed in, the one that could answer the questions that floated across the Grand Admiral's mind.
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Coruscant » Coruscant, EmPal SuRecon
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: