}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
In revenge to you Halo nerds...
Goto page 1, 2  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Off-Topic » In revenge to you Halo nerds...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nevin Antilles
CMAC Webmaster

Post Posted: Wed, October 10th 2007 04:54pm    Post subject: In revenge to you Halo nerds...

Episode Two!! :D

(and Portal, and TF2, etc)
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Wed, October 10th 2007 04:56pm    Post subject:

YAY HL2:2! :D

Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segments, Director of Imperial Intelligence
Expand

Galaxy Map|Board and RPG Rules|Game Guide

"The Preying Mantis often sizes up a potential mate while wearing too much eyeliner..." - Velora

"You are so cool, you make James Bond proud..." - My Dad... sarcastically. Don't try to juggle cutlery. :p
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kalydon Skirata
Aedile

Post Posted: Wed, October 10th 2007 06:51pm    Post subject:

Now I know that the Cray brand of revenge is indeed a weak thing...

Got the Orange Box just a few minutes ago for the 360 but I haven't played it yet, should be decent even if I feel that Gordon Freeman is an expendable meatbag.

Field Marshall Kalydon Skirata
Commander of Stormtrooper Spec Ops and of Strike Force Omega

Forum Rules, Code of Conduct, and Technical FAQ

Xbox Live Gamercard
Expand

Adam Sessler calls out the Halo Haters
Expand

Last edited by Kalydon Skirata on Wed, October 10th 2007 07:26pm; edited 3 times in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sergeant

Post Posted: Wed, October 10th 2007 09:18pm    Post subject:

Indeed, the Chief can own his sorry behind for 2 cents.

Heck, even Spark can give him a run for his money. :P

Expand
 Back to top »
Luna Aryss

Post Posted: Wed, October 10th 2007 11:13pm    Post subject:

*Supports Crazed*

The Half-Life storyline is way better than Halo's. I've enjoyed both over the time, but with the recent developments, HL just has it beat.

Not to mention Portal is possibly the most original game idea in years and Team Fortress 2 is just downright awesome.
Aedile

Post Posted: Wed, October 10th 2007 11:23pm    Post subject:

Luna Aryss wrote:

The Half-Life storyline is way better than Halo's.

Matter of opinion.

I'm more or less enjoying the Orange Box now, kinda boring going back through Half Life 2 and it's lackluster weapons selection to be honest. Maybe things will pick up in Ep 1 and 2. :?

Xbox Live Gamercard
Expand

Expand

Last edited by Kalydon Skirata on Wed, October 10th 2007 11:23pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Neo Sarkkas
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Wed, October 10th 2007 11:23pm    Post subject:

Forge...

146,900 Credits

Sith Officer: Yeah, be prepared! We'll be prepared. Uh, for what?
Malak: For the death of Revan!
Sith Officer: Why, is he sick?
Malak: *force grip* No, fool. We're going to kill him. And Bastila too.
Karath: Great idea! Who needs a Sith Lord?
Two Officers: *prance around Karath* No Lord, no Lord,lalalalalala!
Malak: IDIOTS! *blasts the two prancers with lightning* There will be a Sith Lord!
 Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
CMAC Webmaster

Post Posted: Thu, October 11th 2007 09:42am    Post subject:

I have to agree totally with Tensig/Luna/Zara. The Half-Life storyline is pretty much untoppable in the FPS world.

The weapons selection to me always seemed fine, though I know there are more innovative weapons in other games. Still, there's the gravity gun. That's all the innovation you need. :p

And Portal is just awesome.

TF2 I haven't played extensively yet. Back in beta, it kept crashing on me, so I haven't tried it yet. I'm sure it's fixed in the release, though.
Aedile

Post Posted: Thu, October 11th 2007 11:12am    Post subject:

Nevin Antilles wrote:

The weapons selection to me always seemed fine, though I know there are more innovative weapons in other games. Still, there's the gravity gun. That's all the innovation you need. :p

Fine to you perhaps, but I'm used to FPS that actually had decent varieties of more effective and more lethal weapons and didn't rely on one little one that has limited uses.

Half Life 1 even had a better selection...I miss the Gluon gun and the portable Tau Cannon. :(

EDIT: Blasted through the core revamped Half Life 2 for the 360 in about 6 hours. It had improved visuals, but was the same more or less uninteresting game.

Episode 1 however...now that is what I like to see, more action, more interaction, more interesting all around. Looking forward to when I reach Episode 2.:)

Xbox Live Gamercard
Expand

Expand

Last edited by Kalydon Skirata on Thu, October 11th 2007 11:24am; edited 6 times in total
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Thu, October 11th 2007 12:08pm    Post subject:

I hereby claim Gordon Freeman, headcrabs, and Combine for the Empire. :p

Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segments, Director of Imperial Intelligence
Expand

"The Preying Mantis often sizes up a potential mate while wearing too much eyeliner..." - Velora

"You are so cool, you make James Bond proud..." - My Dad... sarcastically. Don't try to juggle cutlery. :p
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kilvec Ordo
Lieutenant

Post Posted: Thu, October 11th 2007 07:51pm    Post subject:

I don't care much for HL, but Portal looks sick... wish they sold it by its self instead of part of some Orange thing.

Kilvec Ordo

Chief Commander of the Citadel Krytocracy

"You just broke physics."-Peyr Baelish

"Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of Kilvec's nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Gustaf Koehler." -Alexus
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Thu, October 11th 2007 07:54pm    Post subject:

You. Census. *poke* :p

Expand

Back to top »
Zero
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Thu, October 11th 2007 08:09pm    Post subject:

Kalydon Skirata wrote:
Nevin Antilles wrote:

Fine to you perhaps, but I'm used to FPS that actually had decent varieties of more effective and more lethal weapons and didn't rely on one little one that has limited uses.

Half Life 1 even had a better selection...I miss the Gluon gun and the portable Tau Cannon. :(

I didn't have too many problems with the weapon selection in HL2. I loved the rocket launcher's maneuverability, the creativity behind the crossbow and of course, the upgraded Gravity Gun. Some were ridiculous, though. The pistol was laughably weak, more than it should have been. And what was up with the plasma rifle's secondary fire? Waaaay too difficult to use effectively.

<Rank image pending...>

Scyntor: Oh and this is my new best friend Zero...no...noooo...don't point the big experimental plasma weapon at the nice rebel leader...
 Back to top »
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Thu, October 11th 2007 08:42pm    Post subject:

I'm so confused at the point of this topic. lol.

What is the revenge? xD
Sergeant

Post Posted: Thu, October 11th 2007 08:49pm    Post subject:

Cray and Moff feel the need to rub the Orange Box in our faces because Me, Lazer, Kal, DJ, and a few others have spent the last two weeks rubbing Halo 3 into theirs. :P

Expand
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Thu, October 11th 2007 08:52pm    Post subject:

Just be grateful a Terminator game didn't come out... or SC2 suddenly was finished and released at the same time... or your faces would be rubbed off. >_>

Expand

Back to top »
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Thu, October 11th 2007 08:57pm    Post subject:

the Orange Box? lol
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Thu, October 11th 2007 08:58pm    Post subject:

A three-pack of games: Half-Life 2: Episode 2, Portal, and Team Fortress 2.

Expand

Back to top »
Kalydon Skirata
Aedile

Post Posted: Thu, October 11th 2007 10:25pm    Post subject:

Well Episode 1 was a disappointment, I beat it in 2 hours flat. I mean it was fun to play...but damn was that short.:(

Episode 2 is turning out to be alot of fun, large areas for the player to explore, finely polished graphics, not so moronic AI, and some very nice cinematic moments like the opening with the bridge and the Hunter. :)

The whole cave defense scene with the Vortigaunts almost rivaled the amount of fun and enjoyment that I got from the Scarab battle in the ruins of New Mombasa. :D

Ams Jendob wrote:
A three-pack of games: Half-Life 2: Episode 2, Portal, and Team Fortress 2.

The Orange Box for the Xbox 360 contains:
Half Life 2
HL2 Episode 1
HL2 Episode 2
Team Fortress 2
Portal

Xbox Live Gamercard
Expand

Expand

Last edited by Kalydon Skirata on Thu, October 11th 2007 10:27pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Luna Aryss

Post Posted: Thu, October 11th 2007 10:54pm    Post subject:

Kalydon Skirata wrote:
The Orange Box for the Xbox 360 contains:
Half Life 2
HL2 Episode 1
HL2 Episode 2
Team Fortress 2
Portal

So does the PC version, but most of us already had HL2 and Episode 1, so we don't mention them. :P
Aedile

Post Posted: Fri, October 12th 2007 04:09am    Post subject:

Well Episode 2 was longer, about 4 hours long...short, but damn that was awesome. :D

SPOILERS BELOW
I was surprised to see that Gordon wasn't the only person with knowledge of the G Man, that Dr. Vance knew of him and seemed to understand who he really was...but then I wasn't so surprised when a Combine Advisor sucked his brains out. And yet for some odd reason, Gordon, through as much as he's been through...was powerless to stop the Advisor. I blame the devs really for simply making Gordon's arms go limp for no apparent reason when he could have fired back and maybe killed one of the bastards.

There was one thing though, massive Strider battle = sheer awesome. ^_^

EDIT: Almost forgot probably the most memorable character of the entire franchise...DOG of course, his entrance into Ep 2 was great.

End Spoilers

Xbox Live Gamercard
Expand

Expand

Last edited by Kalydon Skirata on Fri, October 12th 2007 04:19am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
CMAC Webmaster

Post Posted: Fri, October 12th 2007 09:18am    Post subject:

RESPONSE TO SPOILERS (Don't read this, Moff, trust me... I have plans)

Quote:
I was surprised to see that Gordon wasn't the only person with knowledge of the G Man, that Dr. Vance knew of him and seemed to understand who he really was...but then I wasn't so surprised when a Combine Advisor sucked his brains out. And yet for some odd reason, Gordon, through as much as he's been through...was powerless to stop the Advisor. I blame the devs really for simply making Gordon's arms go limp for no apparent reason when he could have fired back and maybe killed one of the bastards.

There was one thing though, massive Strider battle = sheer awesome. ^_^

EDIT: Almost forgot probably the most memorable character of the entire franchise...DOG of course, his entrance into Ep 2 was great.

I was too. I don't think Eli knew much more than Gordon does, but I was hoping for aa different perspective. But anyway, Gordon couldn't stop the advisor because he physically couldn't stop the advisor. It was restraining him.

Although, that scene was awesome. I'm sad that Eli died, but it was awesome. :p I still say Breen is in the body of an advisor, but Zara doesn't like that. :p

Also, the strider battle was awesome, but intense. It was a really nice change, especially in a somewhat-wide area.

I really liked Episode Two. At its best, some of its parts were more fun than HL2. It was certainly better than Episode One (don't get me wrong, I still like Episode One).

First Sergeant

Post Posted: Fri, October 12th 2007 04:24pm    Post subject:

GLaDOS is greater than either Spark or Cortana as a character...

Spoilers:
But seriously didn't anyone else find Alex's constant 'well I'm glad thats all over' massivly pissing off? Just prior to everything going tits up...Advisors are smaller than I thought to be honest, and a teensie weensie bit ripped off Brain Bugs...

But meh...I've found the Half Life 2 storyline to be far more intresting and decidedly more rewarding than the Halo storyline...to be frank I felt completely cheated by Halo 3's 'mash together Halo and Halo 2 and throw in a decidedly tiresome storyline' routine...every single game is the same...fight just covenant...fight covenant and flood...fight just flood and very few covenant...escape in ship...the ENTIRE end sequence of Halo 3 was the Halo one expanded just you got to shoot the crap out of Spark in what was, again, a decidedly boring boss battle like Tartarus.

Hell, even though it was a little shorter...I enjoyed Portal a HELL of a allot more than Halo 3.

With Half Life 2 and the subsequent episodes we've been introduced to a decidedly more intresting and varied cast of characters - we've fought a variety of enemies who, as Valve have expanded their technical capablities, have been a varying challenge to fight...Halo 3 AI was NOT smart...it behaved terribly...please see Marine's driving - given that Half Life 2 hasn't really developed the whole 'Mass Battle' thing but given the Ep2 performance I'm not going to be suprised if they do beat Halo 3 AI hands down when it comes to introducing situations where you become dependent on AI for backup...

On another note, Ams, I've allready used Overwatch for Imperial-Recruited Local Police with Adria...

+ Mandalorians were somewhat win allready before Traviss came along, bound them in leather and rode them like ponies +
 Back to top »
Kalydon Skirata
Aedile

Post Posted: Fri, October 12th 2007 06:37pm    Post subject:

Nevin Antilles wrote:
RESPONSE TO SPOILERS (Don't read this, Moff, trust me... I have plans)

I was too. I don't think Eli knew much more than Gordon does, but I was hoping for aa different perspective. But anyway, Gordon couldn't stop the advisor because he physically couldn't stop the advisor. It was restraining him.

Although, that scene was awesome. I'm sad that Eli died, but it was awesome. :p I still say Breen is in the body of an advisor, but Zara doesn't like that. :p

Also, the strider battle was awesome, but intense. It was a really nice change, especially in a somewhat-wide area.

I really liked Episode Two. At its best, some of its parts were more fun than HL2. It was certainly better than Episode One (don't get me wrong, I still like Episode One).

He was being restrained even when Dog was tearing one of them to meaty little ribbons and Alyx was getting up to hold her dad? 0_o

Breen being in the body makes sense, it would be perfect irony...and he did mention something about a host body near the end of Half Life 2 didn't he?

I didn't think the Strider battle was intense myself, fun as hell yes, and pure delight as I finally was able to get some sweet sweet revenge in the form of one shot kills on the big bad Striders.
I'm kinda saddened though...the Combine's mightiest ground unit, relegated to the position of walking bullseye...:(

I thought on a whole, that Ep 1 and 2 literally ate the core Half Life 2. They had more gunfights, more cinematic moments to make the player feel more than a drone with a gun, more interaction with NPCs and the player, and a more Half Life 1-ish feel which always grants bonus points in my book.

Xbox Live Gamercard
Expand

Expand
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Fri, October 12th 2007 07:20pm    Post subject:

...You know, you guys SUCK. All I see are these little smilies peppered all over and I can't read them. :p

Expand

Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Off-Topic » In revenge to you Halo nerds...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: