}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Office of the President
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Nespis VIII » Office of the President
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jahan Stresemann
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Wed, June 21st 2006 12:13pm    Post subject: Office of the President

The President is in.

Holder of the 35,000th post

Expand
 Back to top »
Jahan Stresemann
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Wed, June 21st 2006 12:21pm    Post subject:

Stresemann rose out of his seat to shake the hand of the woman who had just entered his office, the striking Commodore Antana, a military genius from Adarlon. She had been working tirelessly for the young government almost from the start, and Stresemann knew she was the only being out of their 120 billion citizens who had any chance of fulfilling the mission he had for her.

"Mr, President, sir," said Antana.

"Please," said Stresemann, "Sit." She sat, and he did likewise. Stresemann leaned forward and clasped his hands together. "Commodore," he said, "I have a very important job for you."

She blinked. "You do?"

"I do. I want you to find him." Stresemann leaned back and watched her confusion play over her face.

She said, "Who?"

Stresemann stood up. "We've been looking for him for the best part of a year. Ever since he went missing we've tracked him, tirelessly. We've lost dozens of agents and still we don't know who has him, or where he is."

"Who?"

"Jerak. He hasn't retired, and he doesn't live on a farm on Exocron. We don't know where he is," Stresemann replied, "I need to know where he is, and why he's there. Find him."

Antana stood up and saluted. "Yes sir!"

Expand

Last edited by Jahan Stresemann on Wed, June 21st 2006 12:21pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Velora Antana
ECP Member

Post Posted: Thu, June 22nd 2006 02:02pm    Post subject:

Velora let herself out and walked briskly to the lift. She stepped inside just before a pair of Majors who were carrying big stacks of paperwork, and smiled at them apologetically as the lift foors closed right in front of their faces.

"Where to?" asked the lift, with a programmed friendliness.

"My ship, by way of Docking bay 547," she said. "And step on it."

-Grand Admiral, Chief of Staff of Nespis Defence Force-

"LOL DILDOS" - Cray | "FFS" - Ams | "Moff, you should know better." - Han

Alex says:
I outnumber him ten million to one
Alex says:
GOOD ODDS FOR ANY GREEK

Expand

Crazed says:
everytime i talk to alexus, i love him a little more

Holder of the 30,000th post

Inventor of the phrase "I'll get my killin' hat." (Seriously. Google it.)

"My gut can't repel comedy of that magnitude!" - Jace911

Last edited by Velora Antana on Thu, June 22nd 2006 02:02pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Lance Jerik
Corporal

Post Posted: Wed, July 05th 2006 08:01pm    Post subject:

Lance moved his hand up to block out the brightness of the setting sun, seemingly intensified through an office window as he approached the president's office.

As he neared the door, he wondered wether Stresseman would be angry, happy, or nuetrally surprised. He couldn't reach much of a conclusion, even as he knocked on the door and mentally prepared himself for the worst, while at the same time preparing for the best.

Back to top »
Jahan Stresemann
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Fri, July 07th 2006 11:21am    Post subject:

"Enter."

Expand

Last edited by Jahan Stresemann on Sat, July 08th 2006 05:31am; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
Lance Jerik
Corporal

Post Posted: Fri, July 07th 2006 07:07pm    Post subject:

"Enter." Lance heard Stresseman say, though his voice was muffled greatly by the door's thickness.

Acknocledging the voice, he turned the knob slowly and pushed the door open, mumbling a greeting at Stresseman who sat behind his desk, filling out some kind of form.

Back to top »
Jahan Stresemann
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Sat, July 08th 2006 05:36am    Post subject:

"Lance," said Stresemann, rising and walking round his desk to face the Jedi. "You've got seven hundred and thirty million credits in backpay waiting, you know." He grinned broadly and trust out a hand to shake Jerak's violently. "Great to have you back, Lance!"

Expand
 Back to top »
Lance Jerik
Corporal

Post Posted: Sat, July 08th 2006 02:33pm    Post subject:

Lance attempted a smile, but found his mouth unwilling to form anything but a frown. Even the warmth of his hearty handshake could not break his supressed agony

"It's a pleasure, Stresseman. Where do you need me?"

Back to top »
Jahan Stresemann
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Sat, July 08th 2006 02:38pm    Post subject:

"A pleasure? Doesn't look like it. Does something trouble you?"

Expand
 Back to top »
Lance Jerik
Corporal

Post Posted: Sat, July 08th 2006 09:05pm    Post subject:

"Everything. The entire galaxy is in turmoil. All of my family and friends are misplaced or dead. One of the most powerful Jedi in the galaxy just died, along with the entire Pallanén family, in one horrible evening. In fact, only two things are keeping me from finding the tallest building around and jumping off it." He said, his voice deep in the throes of remorse.

"For one, I have to see this war to it's end. I shall serve for as long as I'm alive. I'd like to keep the other reason to myself, however. "

Last edited by Lance Jerik on Sat, July 08th 2006 09:06pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Jahan Stresemann
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Sun, July 09th 2006 07:33am    Post subject:

"I understand. Can you get to Karideph? That's where the bulk of our forces are."

Expand
 Back to top »
Lance Jerik
Corporal

Post Posted: Sun, July 09th 2006 10:26am    Post subject:

"If you have a ship."

Back to top »
Jahan Stresemann
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Sun, July 09th 2006 10:28am    Post subject:

"I've got Inflexible waiting outside, Lance. Good luck."

Expand
 Back to top »
Lance Jerik
Corporal

Post Posted: Sun, July 09th 2006 06:14pm    Post subject:

"There is no luck, sir."

Lance Jerak and the Inflexible are at Karideph.

Last edited by Lance Jerik on Sun, July 09th 2006 06:16pm; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
Jahan Stresemann
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Fri, September 29th 2006 04:53am    Post subject:

"Sir, it's started," said the officer, nervously. Jahan looked up from his paperwork, novel, empty coffee cup and 2000 year-old collector's item LK-67 pistol, and into the eyes of Grand Admiral Rommel.

"What?" he said.

"The Empire's attacking the Rebels. They've dispatched an armada to Geonosis, and multiple fleets to other worlds."

"Gods... it's started."

"Yes sir," Rommel replied, "So what do we do?"

Jahan, as always, had seconds to make up his mind. He spent them wisely. "We're neutral in this conflict, that's what Parliament says, and I agree. I'm not starting a fight with the Empire, not with the struggle against Devaron. Communicate our wish for neutrality to the Imperial government, and request again non-interference in the Devaron Incident."

Rommel nodded. "I'll have it done immediately."

"Good work, Admiral. After that, get to Teyr and ready the fleet. It's time to start this war properly."

Rommel saluted. He made to leave, paused, and turned back to the president.

"Is it right, sir?" he asked, "What we're doing?"

"Yes. Devaron must be freed," said Stresemann. He knew he was right. Rommel nodded.

"It will be."

Expand
 Back to top »
Lucia Antana

Post Posted: Fri, September 29th 2006 12:28pm    Post subject:

Finally, orders. Lucia had been bored out of her skull ever since the completion of the Cyber project and the generous bonuses given to all involved. Now, the labs were shut for a few weeks as suit production increased massively. There was nothing left to do.

Until she'd recieved a call to the President's office. It was no secret that the President was in daily contact with the acting Chief of Staff, and had the authority to pass on military orders. So she waited with baited breath for admission.

"Enter."

This was it. An assignment at last, after weeks of nothingness. She entered, saluted, and straightened her uniform, It was uncomfortable, as she had not worn in when she was the head Research Scientist at Cybus. She seemed to have put on a kilo or so doing that. Better book in more time at the gym.

Of course, once she had recieved her orders, she ought to be able what Velora was always doing, and wear what she liked. No one seemed to complain when it was an Antana doing it, the poster sisters of the Republic. Not important, since Stresemann had looked up from a heap of papers to look her in the eyes. He looked tired.

"Rommel called a few hours ago," he said, "Requesting extra allocation of funds. Parliament's okayed it, and we're redistributing the fleets to defend key worlds. One of them has only joined us a month or so ago." He was very direct, very to the point, but never brisk. There was a warmth there, a warmth that had won him 83% of the popular vote for the SDP.

"Where?" Lucia asked. She had a good idea.

"Yoggoy," replied the President, "Not exactly Exocron, but it's incredibly valuable. It has to be secured and defended. The local population are quite happy now they've got personal freedoms, so this isn't an occupation. It's a defence."

"I understand," Lucia replied. Yoggoy! Economic heart of the Republic, source of most immigration to the Southern Sector. Her task. Her responsibility.

"You'll be taking Army Groups B and C," said Stresemann, "500 infantry and Cyber divisions, plus 90 tank. The fleet should be assembling there."

"Thank you, sir," Lucia replied. He nodded.

"Good luck."

~Commodore Lucia Antana, Commander of Yoggoy Defence Force~

Alex says:
I am pretty damn sure this song IS about orgasms...
All your base are belong to us. says:
:O
Alex says:
I don't know, it's very cryptic
Alex says:
I wish I had an angel for one moment of love,
Alex says:
I wish I had your angel, your virgin mary undone
Alex says:
hell, it could mean ANYTHING

Do we really still need instructions on the back of shampoo bottles? says:
CRAP! I am reading about how Shy lost her virginity!!! AHHHHH!
Alex says:
AAAAAH
Alex says:
where?
Alex says:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
Alex says:
seriously, link
 Back to top »
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Fri, November 10th 2006 05:05pm    Post subject:

The Geonosian shuttle landed in the designated area just outside the President's Office. As the landing ramp descended, Alatáriël appeared in the door way standing and waiting until the ramp touched the polished landing bay. In unison, the thanagarian stepped onto the plank with her three companions. Four of the most beautiful appeared within the Nepsis VIII landing bay as they walked down the landing ramp. A few Nespis officials waited for them and Alatáriël greeted them with a smile, "It's an honor." she stated. They did a slight bow and welcomed them to their homeworld and to the President's Office.

They were brought to the Office of the President and allowed to see the prestige architecture, yet it did not distract them from their objective. Jahan's voice sounded within the room and they were given clearance to enter. The kind secretary smiled and gave a standard thank you as the doors lurched open. Alatáriël Pallanén-Davad and her three assistants walked into the door way of the President. With a kind voice the thanagarian brunette introduced, "Greetings President Jahan Stressemann. It's a pleasure to see you again."

Jahan Stresemann
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Fri, November 10th 2006 05:32pm    Post subject:

"And you, Lady Pallanén-Davad," replied Stresemann, with one S. "Might I ask why we have been graced with your presence?"

Expand
 Back to top »
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Fri, November 10th 2006 07:11pm    Post subject:

haha, whoops

The doors hissed as they closed behind the thanagarian and her three assistants while Alatáriël started, "President, I fear the Alliance to Restore the Republic is in grave danger. The war has finally surfaced to violent means, the brutal attack by the Galactic Empire has only scratched the Alliance, however, it faces massive internal corruption." Her eyes met his, "Geonosis was among three of the worlds the Galactic Empire had attacked and yet, The Rebellion refused to assist us."

The thanagarian turned to her aides, "President Stresemann, these are my aides." Arlyn introduced each, "Karla represents the military operations." A blonde woman smiled and nodded while saying, 'President' Arlyn introduced the second aide, "Yselia represents our holocommunications and what efforts we can take to rally public support as well as all security regarding internal conversations." The beautiful black haired smirked and she greeted with , 'Like this one' Arlyn smirked and extended a greeting to her last aide, "Celicia represents the public relations and ensures that every citizen that is under our control has their needs met. All concerns are routed to her and in return, to me." Celicia, the red haired beauty waved slightly with a coy grin.

Arlyn looked and continued about the Alliance, "We are here to ask for some naval assistance. I fear we have many operations that require brute strength that we ourselves cannot provide. I'm afraid it will cost hundreds of billions in pure research versus a business and tactical deal with one of the finest shipyards this galaxy has to offer."

Yselia continued perfectly after Arlyn, "A business offer that will never reach outside this room. You won't have to worry about it reaching the Imperials and their allies."

Karla ended with, "We would understand a physical modification of the vessels, if you believe physical identification is too much of a risk for your faction. Our ships are currently deployed throughout the galaxy, but they are in great need of capital cruisers."

Celicia spoke with a more feminine charm as she leaned on his desk, "President, our people are in desperate need of these ships. I have a press conference for the worlds we represent in the next hour and what should I tell them?"

The thanagarian broke her silence, "Ladies, I believe he understands. Wait for me in the lobby." They nodded and did a formal departure before it was just Arlyn and Jahan. "They can be quite much at times, I apologize. We are so overwhelmed with all-" she sighed and apologized, "I'm sorry. How have you been?"

Jahan Stresemann
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Fri, November 10th 2006 07:25pm    Post subject:

Jahan, flattered and somewhat amused by the young lady's attempt before she had been sent out, turned to Alatáriël and smirked. "I've been well enough." He rose from his seat, walk around his desk and through the crowd of beautiful women to the drinks cabinet, where he poured two measures of brandy.

"Our shipyards are, I must admit, impressive," he said, cautiously, "And we pride ourselves on our ships..." he looked up at a picture of the Harland and Wolff yards themselves, a relatively new one from when the Apex had left the slipway. "As the company involved is entirely neutral I see no reason why we cannot provide you with as many ships as you wish." But Jahan was wondering what Alatáriël's true motives were - confronting him with three beautiful aides at her side was either a coincidence or an attempt to sway his opinion.

Expand

Last edited by Jahan Stresemann on Fri, November 10th 2006 07:26pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Sat, November 11th 2006 06:20pm    Post subject:

Alatáriël Pallanén-Davad looked at the President, her eyes growing weary of the actions she was now taking against the Galactic Empire. The words slipped through her mouth, "How do you it, President?" Rising to her feet she approached his window and overlooked his world. Her reflection was vague and distorted by the ripple of the window.

A shadow casted over her face as she turned slowly and changed her persona, "President Stresemann, thank you for your kindness. I'll take whatever offer you can extend to my people."

Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Wed, November 15th 2006 02:47pm    Post subject:

With the approval of Jahan Stresemann, we take our leave.

After nearly an hour of discussion, Alatáriël Pallanén-Davad and her assistants were heading out of the Office of the President and returning to the Sol D'Oro shuttle. They boarded quickly, the time tables for the peace conference already behind schedule.

"Launch immediately." Arlyn called to the pilot. He nodded and the shuttle blasted off from the personal bay of President Stresemann. Arlyn took one last look at the planet as they soared into the safe atmosphere.

Within several minutes, they had docked successfully within the Sol D'Oro and their recent purchase was forming up behind the Justice-Class vessel.

"Set course for Beta-12." the thanagarian ordered while establishing a link to Eve.

Alatáriël Pallanén-Davad is now aboard the Sol D'Oro and the fleet is enroute to Beta-12 operations.
Velora Antana
ECP Member

Post Posted: Sun, December 03rd 2006 03:51pm    Post subject:

Jahan stared out of his window and over the city. There were crowds gathering now, placards. "NOT IN MY NAME," read some, and "GET OUR BOYS AND GIRLS OUT OF DEVARON." It was over. The Reichstag had cost him his career.

The door hissed open, and the end of his term stepped in. She said, "President Stresemann, I've come to relieve you of your position."

Stresemann turned round to face Rear Admiral Antana, flanked by three soldiers. In the Reichstag, he knew ministers were being rounded up and arrested. "I should never have allowed so many soldiers onboard the city," he said. "This is about Devaron, right?"

Antana nodded. "I know it's not your fault, Jahan. But the commanders and the people have made it clear that they want a new system. A system that can't make such mistakes."

"A dictatorship."

"It works for the Empire, well enough," replied the woman. "I'm sorry about this, Jahan. But your time is over." She smiled. "You shouldn't have built me up into such a poster girl. You groomed your own sucessor."

He nodded. "In a way, I knew this would happen." He shook her hand. "I hope you do better than my administration."

"Where will you go?" she asked. He shrugged.

"I don't know. Goodbye."

He left. Antana turned to the soldiers and dismissed them with a gesture, then rounded the desk and sank into the presidential chair. She'd had no idea she was so popular until Rommel had called her. But now she had it, she was glad. She pressed the intercom button. The Presidential secretary answered.

"Get me Petyr Baelish," she said.

Alex says:
Alex says:
GOOD ODDS FOR ANY GREEK

Expand

Crazed says:

Back to top »
Velora Antana
ECP Member

Post Posted: Sun, August 05th 2007 01:14pm    Post subject:

Fresh from the Battle of Alsakan, Velora entered the President's office, under different circumstances to the last time she had. She nervously saluted Stresemann, who nodded at the chair opposite his desk. She sat.

"I'm glad you're back," he said, "I'm sorry I sent you off like that, but it was important, and I'm very happy with the result."

"Yes sir."

"Now," the President said, "We can actually talk." He picked up a mug of coffee, and took a sip, then set it down again before reaching round behind a stack of papers to hand Velora one.

She took it gratefully, and said, "Yes sir."

"First off, I don't blame you for what Rommel did," said Stresemann, "He wanted exactly what I wanted, which was to keep this Republic defended. His methods were a bit different from mine, but still. It wasn't your fault, and I understand why you followed him."

Velora smiled with relief. "Okay," she said. "Um... good? Yes. Was there anything else?"

"Yes," said Stresemann, "The Navy. I want you to get the best commanders you can find, and... well, frankly, make it good. Feel up to that, Grand Admiral?"

Velora blinked. He was offering her the position of head of the Navy. Her. Velora Antana. Holy shit. After several seconds of blank shock, she finally found words, and spoke them. "Yes sir." It was a phrase that generally worked.

Alex says:
Alex says:
GOOD ODDS FOR ANY GREEK

Expand

Crazed says:

Back to top »
Velora Antana
ECP Member

Post Posted: Wed, August 22nd 2007 09:15am    Post subject:

Velora entered the office unannounced, and sat down without being asked. Stresemann looked up from a sheaf of NHS requirements, and raised a questioning eyebrow. Velora wetted her lips, swallowed, and said, "I need to take some leave."

"Velora, whatever is the matter?" was the President's reply, setting down the papers and leaning forward intently. He considered offering her a drink, but it obviously wasn't that sort of meeting.

"I need to take some leave." The Admiral sat in silence for a few seconds, then elaborated, "It's my mother."

"Is she ill?"

"Dying."

The President was genuinely surprised. He knew Antana had parents, but she'd never really mentioned them. "I'm so sorry," he said, quietly. "Take as long as you need."

Velora nodded, and escaped. She had to get to Adarlon as fast as possible. Faster than that, even.

Alex says:
Alex says:
GOOD ODDS FOR ANY GREEK

Expand

Crazed says:

Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Nespis VIII » Office of the President
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: