}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Lusankya Prison - Medical Center
Goto page Previous  1, 2
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Coruscant » Lusankya Prison - Medical Center
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Thu, August 09th 2007 08:55pm    Post subject:

The muscles in Han's jaw tightened to the point where a dull pain traveled up into his sinuses, causing his head to hurt. If it wasn't for the fact that Han was standing in the middle of a medical center wearing only a flimsy gown, he would've rushed forward and flattened the woman standing across from him for even finding the slightest bit of humor in the situation. Even now, his hands balled into fists and his eyes flashed to a dark green as the anger roiled inside of him.

Isard had mentioned briefly the kidnapping of Jaina before Han had lost consciousness back in the cell. It was hard to recall the exact details, but he might've confirmed that fact with a simple nod. But even if he had, that didn't explain how Zend had discovered the truth. Unless he wasn't just dreaming back in that cell and some of the things he saw were indeed real. Had Zend been eavesdropping when the ice witch dropped the bomb?

"And do you think that's funny?" he sneered, taking a shaky step away from the support of the bed. "I risked my life and career to come all the way out here to save my daughter only to be shot at, shocked, gased and humiliated and all you can think about is how damn funny it is that those bastards are tearing apart my girl!

"I don't care who you think you are," he continued, face now flushed with anger as he thrust his index finger into her face. "I want her back and I'll do anything to ensure she's safe! I'm not gonna let you or your kriffin' Empire stand in my way! You hear me?! No one."

"You know, if you could apply that smuggler's brain to real politics, you'd be my equal."
"Meaning I wouldn't be able to just draw my blaster and shoot the politicians? What kind of a deal is that?"

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Daara Zend
Private

Post Posted: Thu, August 09th 2007 09:51pm    Post subject:

Daara was unfazed by Solo's sudden tirade. In fact, it just added to her level of sadistic amusement. Solo had the unique facet of stupidity that made him think everyone, even the highest of Imperial officers, cared about him and respected every word that spewed forth from his mouth.

Fortunately, that was totally and definitively false. And, as with Isard, Zend was not able to stand disobedience. She stuck out her hand and grabbed Solo's wrist tightly, her inhuman grip making the muscles inside the man's hand spasm slightly. "You'll find your valiant speeches will get you nothing when you're rotting in a cell," she paused. "Or a grave."

"Now, I want to know," she growled as she finally disengaged her hand from Han's now-red wrist. "What in the hells was your plan to infiltrate to get 'your girl' back?"

Expand
 Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Thu, August 09th 2007 11:29pm    Post subject:

The force at which Zend grabbed him was beyond anything Han believed her capable of. It felt almost as if he was caught in the grip of some kind of power droid instead of that of the average human. A flash of pain crossed over his features before he stumbled backward into the bed rail as Zend finally released her vise-like grip. He stood there for a few minutes, still trying to wrap his mind around what had just happened as he gingerly rubbed at his newly injured wrist.

"Some grip," he muttered flatly as he angled his chin in the direction of her hand. From this distance, he couldn't detect any abnormalities that could have been aiding her, but you could never tell. Knowing Daara, she was hiding something. "Too bad it didn't help you in getting the answers you wanted." He allowed his arm to finally drop back to his side and returned his gaze to her face. "You already know about my daughter. You don't need to know anything else. Now, how 'bout just letting me outta here."

"You know, if you could apply that smuggler's brain to real politics, you'd be my equal."
"Meaning I wouldn't be able to just draw my blaster and shoot the politicians? What kind of a deal is that?"

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Daara Zend
Private

Post Posted: Fri, August 10th 2007 02:02am    Post subject:

She had to inwardly chuckle a bit at Solo's surprise. Corulag's destruction, which she had initially viewed as a reasonable trade for her own sacrifices, was now just a bonus. Daara Zend could not be happier with her new form. It fit her personality perfectly.

"You're not going anywhere," Daara reminded. "Not without my leave. And we're not quite ready yet." With that, she sat down on a chair at the side of the bed.

Solo had confirmed her suspicions. Of course, if it was as deft as its reputation implied, the Inquisitorius' hand in the capture of this Solo-spawn was unprovable at best. However, in the Empire, solid evidence was not needed. Only the word of an Emperor... or a Supreme Moff. She would secure that authorization, soon. But, there was more to do yet.

"I need to know whatever I tell you I need to know. I want to know everything you've done up to when you were captured by customs," Daara explained, recalling from her previous knowledge of the situation. "and why the rest of the scum aren't behind you, cheering you on."

Expand

Last edited by Nevin Antilles on Fri, August 10th 2007 02:14am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Fri, August 10th 2007 11:17pm    Post subject:

"Maybe because no one knows where the hell I am," he muttered quietly under his breath, letting go of his frustration for the time being and allowing his body to fall back upon the bed. "I didn't tell anyone," Han pursed his lips together, forcing himself to look toward the woman sitting beside him. "Not the Alliance, not my wife....hell, the only person who does know is Chew--"

A hard knot began to rise in Han's throat, choking his words as he was suddenly reminded of his best friend's death. The Wookiee had done nothing more than remain loyal to him as they set off on this mission, prepared to do anything to ensure Han and his family was safe. And Han repaid the favor by being too selfish, caught up in his own troubles to even acknowledge the passing of his friend. Forgive me, pal...

Not wanting to show any emotion in front of a woman like Zend, Han quickly tore his gaze away from her and buried his face in his hands, rubbing his fingers furiously through his hair and over his eyes in an attempt to stop the onslaught of tears. He would mourn for Chewie later, now wasn't the time...

"L-Let's..." he cleared his throat, cutting himself off before his voice could crack. "Let's just...move on."

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Daara Zend
Private

Post Posted: Sat, August 11th 2007 12:51am    Post subject:

The sudden halt of Han's explanation intrigued Daara. But, she knew, like all wise people, when not to press an issue that would leave in nothing but defiance (unless, that is, there is time to spare).

"Fine," she relented. "But, that only answers one question. What were you doing all this time? You've made quite a mess... and I should like to know just what prompted it."

Expand
 Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Sat, August 11th 2007 01:47am    Post subject:

Han paused, allowing his fingers to spread just enough so that he could retain her form in his field of vision. Surprisingly enough, Zend had complied with his offer to drop the subject and had quickly moved on. Her visage in the Empire appeared all hard and tough, but maybe she still had a soft spot...somewhere. That thought alone along with her willingness grant what he wanted was enough to make Han cooperate...for now.

"Just the usual," he pointed out, lowering his hands slowly from his now reddened face. "You know, breaking into a top security prison, freeing the most notorious bounty hunter in the galaxy, infiltrating your defenses, gathering information from under your nose..."

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Daara Zend
Private

Post Posted: Sat, August 11th 2007 02:15am    Post subject:

"Ah!" Zend exclaimed, her piercing eyes turning accurately to meet his hazel globes. "Under our noses, hm? Well, you seem to have failed in secrecy," she muttered, before rising off of her chair.

"In fact, if I hadn't found you, I daresay you would be dead - for all intents and purposes," she paused dramatically. "Dead to the world outside Lusankya, that is."

Daara paused for a moment, looking around the room. Something had pricked Han's emotions... she had to find out what it was. "Who else knows that you're here, again?" She asked in a traitorously sweet voice.

Expand
 Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Sat, August 11th 2007 03:16am    Post subject:

The muscles all throughout Han's body tensed simultaneously as Daara returned to the dreaded subject she had so graciously moved on from moments before. Then again, he should've known better than to expect Daara to grant his wishes on the subject. She was probably shaking with anticipation to see him break down before her. Even now he could feel the pain and remorse rising up within his chest. Don't let her get the best of you, Solo

"That's not important," he stated through clenched teeth. His right hand found the bed rail and took hold of it so tightly that his knuckles began to show white. It was the least he could do to keep himself in check - both anger and sorrow. "All you need to know is that no one alive knows I'm here."

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Daara Zend
Private

Post Posted: Sat, August 11th 2007 03:20am    Post subject:

Zend turned around abruptly and slammed her fist on top of Solo's hand. She had no time to play games. "I'll tell you what's important! I want names!" Daara hissed, allowing her anger to come uncoiled for a bit. Perhaps it would do the Corellian some good to see a tad of her true countenance. If not, perhaps the pain would.

"The sooner you cooperate," she continued, bringing her tone back to its usual icy urgency. She removed her clenched fist from the rail. "The sooner you get out of here, and you find your daughter, and you get the hell out of the Emperor's territory."

Expand
 Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Sat, August 11th 2007 03:45am    Post subject:

"Agh!" the scream of pain escaped his mouth before Han could even fully comprehend what was going on. In one swift movement, his hand was away from the rail and safely nestled in his left hand to soothe the pain. His hazel eyes followed the movements of the Grand Admiral as she retracted her fist from the spot where it had slammed down onto his own. Again, she had surprised him with a show of strength he didn't know she possessed.

"Y-you need to stop doing that," he pointed out in a shaky tone as he continued to rub his bruised knuckles. The physical pain wasn't something he really needed at this point, not with the state his mental health was in at the moment. Just thinking about Chewie was ripping him apart inside and Daara's demands were only lighting a fuel to that inner fire. But if truth be told, he was losing the will to resist.

"Chewie," he whispered softly, running his good hand through his hair. "My partner. My best friend, godsdammit, you killed him!" his voice steadily rose till he was now shouting at Zend, his eyes ablaze with a fury he could no longer contain.

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Daara Zend
Private

Post Posted: Sun, August 12th 2007 02:04am    Post subject:

Zend raised a curious eyebrow. "'Chewie?'" She echoed. The woman could recall a Wookiee on the customs records, but he had most assuredly not been terminated - and if he was terminated, it must have been in secret.

A smile breached her lips. "A fallacy constructed by Isard, I guess," she extrapolated, then looked at Han in a little sympathy, despite herself. "He could still be alive... and released."

Expand
 Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Sun, August 12th 2007 02:39am    Post subject:

At first, her words did not seem clear. He was too caught up in his own rage and fury to even decipher the words leaving her lips. The thought of seeking revenge for the loss of his best friend was far greater than the truth, it seemed. But the silence that hung between them after Zend had finished speaking was enough to overpower his emotions and he was finally able to comprehend everything. The hurt and anguish instantly washed from his features and Han gently rose his chin to look into Daara's eyes with understanding and...relief.

"He's safe...then..." it came out more as a statement rather than a question, the workings of his own mind as he finally understood what it was Isard was trying to do to him.

The Corellian sat up a little straighter, stretching the sore muscles in his back in the process. Although the movement brought some relief after the beating he took, he also did it to regain his composure, a gesture to show Zend that he wasn't crazy and still in control. In short, it was to maintain his confidence.

"So, where is he then?" he quarried next, his voice now level with a dangerous undertone to it. He was through being the helpless patient the Imps believed they could walk all over. It was time to take action and turn the tables a bit. It was a necessity if he ever wanted to see Jaina, Leia or the others again.

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Coruscant » Lusankya Prison - Medical Center
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: