}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Requesting Forummer Input
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Questions and Suggestions » Requesting Forummer Input
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should Roderick be allowed an emergency sixth character slot?
Yes, let him get the storyline taken care of
71%
 71%  [ 10 ]
No, the rules must be adhered to no matter what
28%
 28%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 14

Carnor Jax
ECP Member/Faction Lieutenant

Post Posted: Tue, August 07th 2007 01:21am    Post subject: Requesting Forummer Input

The plotline centering around Jaina Solo has been dragging on for much too long, and the original plot has been rendered irrevocable because of a multitude of issues that have presented themselves. I have created this thread to make a request not only of CMAC but of the entire forum: a request of temporary leniency from forum rules for the sake of the players.

I request permission from CMAC and from the general population to be granted an emergency character slot, my sixth character, for the purposes of resolving this storyline after many months of hsotility. The term would run from the date of approval until resolution of the storyline as defined by Elected Committee for Plots guidelines, agreed upon by Alex, Alexus, and myself. When the agreement is reached copies of the prospectus will be available upon request, so you may all be assured that this leniencey granted will not be abused.

Thank you all for your time. Please, when you vote, please post your vote and reasons for your vote: if you have an issue, please state it so that we may try to explain and give you insight, and if you approve of the idea please post your reasons so that undecided minds have an opportunity to see different points of view.

--RAB

"Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Expand

"I gained [my votes] through "legal" means (read: bribes and threats)."

Last edited by Carnor Jax on Tue, August 07th 2007 04:34am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Darth Vader
Sergeant

Post Posted: Tue, August 07th 2007 01:36am    Post subject:

My new rule of thinking if something has taken too long, is this:

If a plot began before I was inactive, and is still going on after I have returned, said plot has taken too long, the severity of which is measured by how long it started before I was inactive and the number of players involved.

This plot started a long time before I was inactive and it still is going on, not to mention it is taking up the times of six players (7 characters). I've also been informed that it needs more characters and players, because the ones involved are not sufficient to finish said plot.

I'm in favor of the proposal, especially since it's needed and not permanent.

Darth Vader, Galactic Emperor

Vader's kittens
Expand

Expand

Expand

DARTH VADER
Muahaha! Here I am! Aren't I just
generally intimidating as hell?
 Back to top »
Velora Antana
ECP Member

Post Posted: Tue, August 07th 2007 04:34am    Post subject:

This seems the best way to work out this plot. I vote yes. We can't have vital plots like this become bogged down by procedure.

-Grand Admiral, Chief of Staff of Nespis Defence Force-

"LOL DILDOS" - Cray | "FFS" - Ams | "Moff, you should know better." - Han

Alex says:
I outnumber him ten million to one
Alex says:
GOOD ODDS FOR ANY GREEK

Expand

Crazed says:
everytime i talk to alexus, i love him a little more

Holder of the 30,000th post

Inventor of the phrase "I'll get my killin' hat." (Seriously. Google it.)

"My gut can't repel comedy of that magnitude!" - Jace911

Last edited by Velora Antana on Tue, August 07th 2007 04:34am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Volytar
First Sergeant

Post Posted: Tue, August 07th 2007 05:53am    Post subject:

Mrflgluhhh..

Last edited by Volytar on Tue, August 07th 2007 08:16am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Carnor Jax

Post Posted: Tue, August 07th 2007 07:18am    Post subject:

When the plot crossed into its SEVENTH month without resolution, ECP was consulted to bring it to an end. With key players no longer in action it is necessary to wrap up the storyline and free the characters, which falls under ECP jurisdiction. The question is not whether it is necessary, that ship has sailed. This poll is to judge whether it is me or someone else that does it.

"Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

Expand

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Volytar
First Sergeant

Post Posted: Tue, August 07th 2007 08:16am    Post subject:

Do what Rory says...
 Back to top »
Cyrus Bounto
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Tue, August 07th 2007 08:17am    Post subject:

... and I will create a grand army of the Rep-

Just kidding, Mr. Ryo. I agree that seeing a plot get nowhere in such a long span of time is not only frustrating, but demoralizing. You said it best when you noted the importance of "freeing up" these characters so that they may move onto bigger, RPG-spanning plots. I think getting everyone involved together, outside of the little mini-plots is important to the health of the game and if it means temporarily granting you a sixth character to expedite the process, I give my green light.
Aedile

Post Posted: Tue, August 07th 2007 09:51am    Post subject:

I vote yes. I trust your roleplaying and management capabilities eons more than is required for my vote as positive.

2084rpg.net - Business, science, intrigue, and rebellion.

"Pazaak bores me. I often suspect my opponent of cheating. I prefer predictable games, such as galactic economics."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Carlist Rieekan
Master Sergeant

Post Posted: Tue, August 07th 2007 10:02am    Post subject:

I vote yes. If it will bring the plot to an end more quickly, then so be it. We can trust Rory with a temporary sixth character.

Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Tue, August 07th 2007 10:17am    Post subject:

I'm still of the mindset that something can be worked out with those involved without the introduction of a new character. I'm not really a big fan of bringing in a new character just for the sole purpose of bringing this to a close, especially after all the stress, sweat and blood put into this plot already. It kinda defeats the purpose of the whole thing and it's undermining what the characters have fought for.

/rant

Although, I must say I appreciate Rory stepping in to help resolve things.

"You know, if you could apply that smuggler's brain to real politics, you'd be my equal."
"Meaning I wouldn't be able to just draw my blaster and shoot the politicians? What kind of a deal is that?"

---Leia and Han

Last edited by Han Solo on Tue, August 07th 2007 10:18am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Volytar
First Sergeant

Post Posted: Tue, August 07th 2007 10:20am    Post subject:

Its more introducing a character to bring the plot to a nice clean close rather than the pardon my language 'shit storm' that is brewing up otherwise - after talking to Rory about his idea's I personally feel that this is the best possible ending to the plot - not to mention his proposal doesn't meen we necessisarily have to add someone new in...
 Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Tue, August 07th 2007 10:24am    Post subject:

And that's what I'm saying. I don't think bringing someone new in is the answer. This poll implies that it's already set in stone that the decision has been made to introduce a new character. We need to resolve this with the characters involved and I think we can pull that off with Rory's help.

"You know, if you could apply that smuggler's brain to real politics, you'd be my equal."
"Meaning I wouldn't be able to just draw my blaster and shoot the politicians? What kind of a deal is that?"

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Space Jawa
Commander

Post Posted: Tue, August 07th 2007 12:11pm    Post subject:

I'm going to void my vote. I'm not really a fan of the idea of breaking the rules like this for the sake of bringing the plot to a close, while at the same time I realize that brining the plot to a close is important. So I can't vote either way.

Assets:
3,054,300 Credits
Modifications
YKL-37R Nova Courier Schizophrenia
Stuff abord the Schizophrenia

------------------------------------------------

Star Wars: It doesn't have to make any sense!
 Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
CMAC Webmaster

Post Posted: Tue, August 07th 2007 12:38pm    Post subject:

I'm afraid I have to vote no. While I trust you personally, if we allowed you to create a sixth character, we would be doing two things. Firstly, we would be breaking our own rules. Secondly, we would be opening a door for other violations with people saying "but you let Rory do it."

Additionally, it doesn't seem like Han needs or wants help. So, thanks for the offer, but I think we'll have to pass over it for right now. =/

Post Posted: Tue, August 07th 2007 12:51pm    Post subject:

I would like the opportunity to discuss, with CMAC, the last detail of this plot that was worked out less than five hours ago with Volytar, as I believe it will shed a new light on my argument and will ultimately reach a compromise. What I am asking is not for a character to do with as I will, but to assume a position within the plot that will exist in a rigorously defined protocol and will be handled by the entirety of ECP, but chiefly by me as I am present more online (read: no life) than Alex or Alexus.

Han, you and I spoke last night of the need to have this resolved, and as others have stated to me over the past months (and especially over the past hours) the state the storyline is in now cannot be resolved by currently active players, if they held to their canonicity. All that is needed is a single player that can act as a single thread to go within the loopholes of these characters and let everyone down peacefully without the bloodbath I see brewing.

Expand

Back to top »
Han Solo
CMAC Artist

Post Posted: Tue, August 07th 2007 05:57pm    Post subject:

I believe it can be solved with the characters currently involved. We're just not coming to the right compromise and that's where I thought you would be able to help us out. I do not want another character introduced. That will only cause more problems and I am not in the mindset to deal with that right now.

I'm gonna be frank and say I am not in agreement with the current solution from what I read so far. This started out as a plot between Volytar, Fett and myself. I want it to stay that way. If this is gonna work out, you need to discuss things with all of us, not just Volytar.

Also, going with what Cray said above, I'm gonna have to vote no. It's nothing to do with you, but it's everything to do with keeping things fair and enforcing the rules.

---Leia and Han
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Questions and Suggestions » Requesting Forummer Input
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: