}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
A Public Apology
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Announcements » A Public Apology
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carnor Jax
ECP Member/Faction Lieutenant

Post Posted: Tue, July 24th 2007 01:07am    Post subject: A Public Apology

First, I would like to thank you all for your participation and continued cooperation in this game we have come to know and love. It is a pleasure to know you all, and I hope for a long career and enjoyment in this game. However, I need to say something, something that has been nagging at me for the past few months especially.

Lately I have been involved in elaborate flights of fancy, out-of-character aggressions leading me to in-character vendettas against certain individuals: specifically Xaph and Ben (aka Volytar). As is my style I moved with slow precision, making a single move and testing the waters before re-evaluating my tactics and proceeding. It is in this way that I diffuse my anger, not in overt actions.

The events that have taken place over the past 48 hours, concerning the planet Rinn, one Lushros Dofine, and the task force known as Death Squadron... while I did not write the posts directly, I am ashamed to admit that my interference led to the overt attack on the planet. Part of me desires to justify it by saying I didn't tell anyone to destroy anything, but the part of me that respects you as players warns me against trying to excuse my actions.

In this place, with these words, I hereby issue my most sincere and deepest apologies to both Xaph and Ben for my actions. I had no intention of letting it decline as far as it did, but ultimately I had my fingers in both plots so I must be the one to accept responsibility for this. It was a crude and undignified way of dealing with my own aggressions, and for that I am deeply sorry.

I would like everyone to know that this took place not in my capacity as a member of the ECP, but it was an act of my own volition and lack of self-restraint, a characteristic I am ashamed of and am taking strides to correct even in an electronic situation such as this. Until a month ago I thought I had it under control, and it was only yesterday that proved my true lack of understanding.

To Xaph, I apologize for allowing my personal dislike of your particular methodologies to affect the relations of in-character. It was a stupid and unjustified action, and for it I have no excuse save a lack of self-restraint. I can promise you, though, that with some help from friends in high places I will never be placed in a situation where I can have an effect on your characters again.

To Ben, I apologize for leading you on when I had no intention of following through. My wind and bluster about situations in general, which led you to your own actions, was uncalled-for, and my delusions of grandeur were inappropriate for a person of my position and responsibility to this forum. I can promise you, though, that my ability to keep OOC and IC separate has been reinforced and will not be allowed to digress again.

And to the fellow members of the forum, I offer my apologies for bringing you into this mess, and my promise that should it come close to happening again I will personally request my temporary banning from this forum for my behavior. It was inconsiderate and uncalled for, and I am deeply sorry for letting it progress as far as it has.

And so, I call upon you to pass down judgment. I would like to know your opinions not only on the actions but on how to proceed from here. I want nothing to be mentioned of Ben and/or Xaph, please keep your comments limited to this incident and your perspectives. To the admins, I ask not only that you offer your own opinions, but to not edit or delete any posts that have ill to say of this situation that focus on me.

To the members of VIII, I thank you for your time in reading this rant.

--Roderick Andellmere

"Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Expand

"I gained [my votes] through "legal" means (read: bribes and threats)."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nevin Antilles
CMAC Webmaster

Post Posted: Tue, July 24th 2007 01:21am    Post subject:

I hope that the latest drama on VIII will end in apologies that will actually be upheld this time instead of insincere posts which end the episode in a Full House manner. This bi-monthly crap is really ridiculous.

Not referring to you, Rory, but to anyone else that's going to post in this thread.

Last edited by Nevin Antilles on Tue, July 24th 2007 01:22am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Tue, July 24th 2007 01:27am    Post subject:

Well, I gave you my feelings on MSN. I'm not rejecting your apology, but... I can't fully accept it, either. I know you are sorry about what happened and will try not to make it hit this same depth... but let's face it, we are human.

That is not an excusal for what happened, either. But before we start putting the knife to our own throats...

Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segments, Director of Imperial Intelligence
Expand

Galaxy Map|Board and RPG Rules|Game Guide

"The Preying Mantis often sizes up a potential mate while wearing too much eyeliner..." - Velora

"You are so cool, you make James Bond proud..." - My Dad... sarcastically. Don't try to juggle cutlery. :p
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nevin Antilles
CMAC Webmaster

Post Posted: Tue, July 24th 2007 01:29am    Post subject:

Quite. This will happen again, but I do stand by what I said. If anyone else is going to apologize, make sure you mean it.
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Tue, July 24th 2007 05:40am    Post subject:

Thanks for the apology Rory, but I'm not owed one - my part played in this expecially that actions taken against Dofine at Rinn was to an extent of my own volition and I am sorry to Dofine's player for destroying his ship and the majority of his characters possesions - I overstepped my bounds and acted overzealously in my actions.

While I may not be the initiator, as Xaph as pointed out to me I am just as in the wrong for partaking in this plot - it was wrong for me to do anything, encouraged or otherwise, agressivly motivated by OOC thoughts and feelings - so I not only apologise again to Xaph and Dofine, but to the players of VIII for acting in a manner that has yet again flared up a massive OOC argument.
 Back to top »
Lushros Dofine
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Tue, July 24th 2007 03:48pm    Post subject:

I am angry about what happened, but thanks, Ben. I realize that sometimes anger and OOC stuff can work it's way into RPGs, I have demonstrated that at GBH. I have nothing to say, really. I have a new ship, my possessions have been salvaged, and Lushros and Daulu aren't really affected negatively by this (They actually have something to do.)

I harbor no negative feelings for you guys; we all make mistakes, and I understand that from firsthand experience.

Last edited by Lushros Dofine on Tue, July 24th 2007 03:51pm; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Thu, July 26th 2007 09:46pm    Post subject:

I've been away, sorry to hear this. :(
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Announcements » A Public Apology
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: