}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Contruum
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Other Systems » Contruum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thrawn
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Sat, June 23rd 2007 02:44am    Post subject: Contruum

Thrawn looked over the planet, marveling at the greens, the browns, the pale blues of its oceans, and the white tufts of its clouds. It was all pristine, almost painted for his eyes. The situation of a lack of resistance was a small consequence, a mere detail in the overall design. What mattered was that they were here, and that the fleet was stretching its legs.

Hearing the transmission from Fleet Admiral Taggart, the Chiss Grand Admiral turned back to his command chair, motioning for the communications officer to forward the signal to his own banks. A moment later, he was seated in the comfortable seat and speaking to a palm-sized image of James Taggart. A smile crossed his lips as he looked up to Cartos, then back to the projector.

"Ah, James. Wonderful time, and such punctuality. It is to be commended... unfortunately, what you see before you is what greeted us upon reversion: nothing. The invading fleet, if there was one, has moved on. Cartos is currently trying to ascertain the truth behind the matters that confront us. Admiral, pull the fleet back to a defensive position, set up picket forces around the perimeter. Give me updates every fifteen minutes, and have Admiral Caedres begin calculations as to possible transmission points of the galaxy-wide distress call. I have a feeling we will need to track her down."

Thrawn relaxed in the command chair, feeling the low thrum of the engines beneath his feet and fingertips, immersing himself in the sensation of being one with the craft. It would not be difficult to find the truth, it did not appear as if there were any dissidents to be concerned about on this planet, and the fact that they were staring over two hundred ships down was going to lend well in their favor, even if weapons were not powered up.
 Back to top »
James Taggart
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Sat, June 23rd 2007 05:45pm    Post subject:

James acknowledged the Grand Admiral's orders before shutting down the comm, and turning to Caedres. "Admiral, you heard him. I want your report in fifteen minutes."

Turning back to the tactical screen, he began issuing orders to the various Captains, arraying the ships into a defensive formation, and grouping the smaller ships into the picket forces that Thrawn had ordered. Setting them to patrol on various vectors, James sat back in his chair, and waited.

Something wasn't right here. They had answered the distress call as quickly as possible. If Contruum was being invaded, there would still be a fleet here. There would be wreckage. Yet it looked as if nothing had happened. There was always the possibility of a trap, but the perfect moment to spring it had already passed. Now they were coordinated.

Sighing to himself, James waited, wondering when Thrawn would have his answers from the planetary government.

---
Rory says:
... if you say I have a short temper one more time, I'll strangle you with a rope I will force you to braid using your own pubic hairs.
 Back to top »
Thrawn
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Sat, June 23rd 2007 06:07pm    Post subject:

Thrawn watched as the ships moved into a defensive screen around the planet, and took a moment to view the formation. A little crude by his standards, but intricate in its own rights and certainly effective. The man even focused on the primary approach vectors with the picket forces... he was a quick study if on the uptight side. Perhaps Admiral Caedres was allowing him to put his own views into perspective.

He turned his attention to Cartos, who was in conversation with the planetary governor. Although the words could not be understood at this distance, the General-Admiral's posture indicated a certain combination of reluctance and animosity towards the United Federation of Planets. A ruse, perhaps? Time would tell when Ferdinand delivered his report. Too, Alex Torr was standing at the fore of the bridge, watching and waiting. With the reversion of the Genesis, there were new factors to consider. His Intelligence training would come in handy in this instance, as well as the tutelage under the Supreme Moff, Jendob.

The Grand Admiral relaxed a moment, waiting for Taggart's confirmation of the fleet move and his first report, watching as Cartos spoke with the commander of the planet. The longer the conversation lasted, the more Thrawn got the impression that this was not going to bode well for Seska Armarosa... and perhaps, not for anyone that held her in shelter.
 Back to top »
James Taggart
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Sat, June 23rd 2007 06:43pm    Post subject:

Fifteen minutes. James looked over to his communications officer, and gave him the signal to open up a channel with the Chimaera II. After a few seconds, he was connected, and was gazing into the hologram of Grand Admiral Thrawn.

Clearing his throat, James said, "Sir, nothing to report from the picket forces, nor the scouts that were sent out ten minutes ago. Admiral Caedres has finished his analysis of the situation. He says that there's an 84.579 percent probability that the source of the transmission is Iridonia, which corrrelates with the departure vector of the fleet as designated by Contruum's defensive network."

Staring at the glowing red eyes of the Grand Admiral, James waited for the man's assessment of the situation.

---
Rory says:
... if you say I have a short temper one more time, I'll strangle you with a rope I will force you to braid using your own pubic hairs.
 Back to top »
Thrawn
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Tue, June 26th 2007 03:32pm    Post subject:

Thrawn nodded once, then closed his eyes a moment, processing the information. His fingertips brushed the command controls, then a moment of clarity. "Communications, transfer this connection to my suite." He acknowledged the salute with a nod before rising, motioning to Cartos and Torr. "Follow me, please, we have much to discuss."

The three men walked through the corridors into the re-appointed officer's suite, made into a secondary bridge and personal command center of the dreadnought. Thrawn's hands moved expertly over the switches, pulling up the communications with Taggart on one panel and various examples of Iridonian artwork on the rest of the holoprojectors. The communication established. Thrawn waited a moment as he looked over the instances of art, his eyes half-closed in thought.

"The Zabrak are an honorable race, Admiral. I believe it would be best to let diplomacy turn to them in this instance... We are thankful for your presence, James, and your service to the Empire is exemplary, however I believe a different officer is necessary for this particular mission." The Grand Admiral looked from Cartos to Torr, a subdued smile creasing his lips. His fingers steepled, leaning back in the chair.

"Colonel Torr, you will be responsible for tracking, locating, and apprehending Seska Armarosa. As Admiral Skirata is currently on shore leave on Denon, you will be assigned to the craft of Strike Force Omega that are enroute to this system. You are free to use any methods necessary, but she must be left alive to face judgement." Thrawn turned to Cartos, his voice grave but not tense.

"Ferdinand, instruct him on the pincer technique, make sure the Arachnix is with them." Thrawn turned back to Taggart, looking the Fleet Admiral in the eyes as best he could over the holo. A moment of consideration, then a nod. "James, I will assume command of this fleet. I would like you to go to Nespis VIII and see about acquiring the services of one Cogent Cephid. He is a ship designer of some repute, and his outlook might be interesting on one of our latest projects. Take the Dark Confidant and bring him back to Kuat."
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Other Systems » Contruum
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: