}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Mos Eisley City Center
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Tatooine » Mos Eisley City Center
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xaph
Cadet

Post Posted: Wed, June 06th 2007 03:03pm    Post subject: Mos Eisley City Center

Sand. Xaph wanted to hate sand, but it felt to cliché. It was rough, coarse, it got into his armor, weapons, and ruined everything. And it was about all there was on Tattoine.

Mos Eisley, the planet’s biggest spaceport, was a terrible excuse for a city. It tried to show the different luxuries that other cities had: a cantina, a hotel, various different shops and marketplaces. But each one was a filth-infested, hive of scum and villany. It was an oft-guoted saying, featured in the most popular Outer Rim holidaying brochures. Everything in Mos Eisley was what it appeared to be from the outside, but in the inside, it was a crime-ridden, corrupt place, and the Hutts had their slimy hands in it all.

And now, stitting in the middle of Mos Eisley, Xaph felt at home. He was among his peers, and their better. He looked around: all the weapons here were clearly on show, and the more the merrier seemd to be the motto. Even Xaph joined in, with his blaster pistol on his hip, his assault rifle strapped onto his back, and a newly bought vibrosword crossing to the other side.

It was beautiful vibrosword, and it did set him back a few cred-chips. The blade was perfect, glinting in the sun, and there was an ornamental engraving of a family crest on the pommel. Xaph’s guess was that someone had fallen onto hard times, and sold the blade to a pawn shop, hoping to pick it up again when things got easier. A shame it was going to be a tool, not a weapon: he had his vibro-glaive for that, and there was no way he was letting that training go to waste.

He was here waiting for a hunter. Not a bounty hunter, but a big-game hunter. And this was some of the biggest game that they could be hunted.

When HK-47 had first told him he needed to go to Tatooine, he hadn’t known what to expect. He didn’t even know that Krayt Dragons were real, just knowing them as an Outer Rim rumor, a legend that hunters across the galaxy aimed for, the ultimate prize. But he had learned to trust the droid on Dxun, and when that had payed off, he knew the droid would be right about this.

“Greetings, hunter. I am Tul’an Varesh.”

From behind him and to the left, a Twi’lek detatched himself from the crowd, and took the seat across from him. His orange and green lekku were coated in oil in typical Twi’lek variety.

“I understand that you need help hunting a Krayt Dragon.”

Xaph nodded slightly, and the Twi’lek shifted to avoid the reflection of the sun off his helmet.

“I assure you, then, that the task is too great. The Krayt Dragon are impossible to kill, and even if they weren’t, you would never find one.”

A beat. Xaph leaned in closer, as if to share a secret.

“I can find you a Krayt Dragon.”

“That doesn’t matter: a Krayt Dragon hasn’t been killed in over a thousand years. You either let them die naturally, or you don’t get anything.”

“A Krayt Dragon is just like any other animal. If it bleeds, I can kill it. The only problem is the amount of firepower I’ll need.”

“And you want me to supply that firepower, then?”

“Of course.”

The Twi’lek looked at him carefully. “And what do we get out of it?”

“The dragon.”

The Twi’lek was confused. “Then why are you hunting the dragon at all?” he asked.

“All I ask is the head. The ribs, the pearl, that’s all yours.”

The Twi’lek considered for a moment, and then thought it better not to ask.

“Where can I find this dragon?”

Xaph
Cadet

Post Posted: Wed, June 06th 2007 05:32pm    Post subject:

The meeting with a Twi’lek had been a success, and after sitting still for some time, Xaph stood up and began to walk down the Mos Eisley main street.

“How many did he have?”

HK-47, who was slightly ahead of him, slowed his pace until they were next to each other.

“Statement: Two. A Rodian and a human, both well-armed.”

“And what was he armed with?”
“Answer: A hold-out blaster, a vibro-dagger, and an unidentified grenade. All concealed.”

“Not a trusting business, game hunting.”

“Statement: It is similar to bounty hunting. As the reward becomes more, the quarry becomes less. This results in far more competition. Conclusion: Not a trusting business at all, master.”

Xaph continued on, heading towards the spaceport, and his ship.

“Query: Master, what are we to do now?”

“The Twi’lek will be at those coordinates you gave me the day after tomorrow. For now, we get on the ship, rest up, and arm ourselves.”

“Hesitant Query: Master, will you be bringing… them on the hunt?”

“Who, the HK-50’s?”

“Statement: Indeed, Master. The inferior models.”

“Of course I will. The more firepower we can load into that dragon, the more chance we have of taken it down. Besides, if you’re lucky, one of them will get stomped on, or eaten.”

“Pleading Statement: Oh, please, Master. Don’t get my hopes up.”

Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Tatooine » Mos Eisley City Center
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: