}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Colonel-Genral Scyntor's Office
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Carida » Colonel-Genral Scyntor's Office
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zero
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Wed, April 25th 2007 02:09pm    Post subject: Colonel-Genral Scyntor's Office

Zero furrowed his brow, looking at the screen in frustration. Not a single planet he had looked at so far with a name that started with 'M' was supportive of life. This was incredibly frustrating. All he wanted was to know where he came from. Then, he could start gathering information on who he really was. He wondered if he had a family. Everyone had told him that he had been in stasis for forty years. Would anyone he was related to be alive? Would there even be a civilization wherever he was from? What would it be like? He closed his eyes, bitterly cursing the absence of any memories he could call his life. The door to the room opened, one of the technicians from the lab where his armor was stepped in. " Zero, Colonel-Genral Scyntor wishes to see you, you'll need your armor so you can speak to him. We're done with the diagnostics, it's all ready for you."

As he neared the end of the hall, Zero looked at the armor he wore. he was about to again face the man who had made this possible. Now, it was time to see whether or not Scyntor felt the resources and time had been put to good use. Straightening his posture, he came to the door of Scyntor's office. Reaching out to push the button, Zero was slightly startled when the door opened before he activated it. Entering the office, just past the threshold of the door, he stopped.

The room seemed sterile, sparsely decorated. A lone filing cabinet, a durasteel desk and three leather covered durasteel chairs. There, sitting behind the desk, was Scyntor. Even in his dress uniform, the man seemed incredibly imposing. He was a formidable sight, even to Zero in his armor. Two datapads rested at Scyntor's right hand and a cigar sat nestled in an ashtra on the left; bluish green smoke wafting up from the smoldering tip. Zero straightened himself again and gave a sharp salute. " Sir, you wished to see me?"

<Rank image pending...>

Scyntor: Oh and this is my new best friend Zero...no...noooo...don't point the big experimental plasma weapon at the nice rebel leader...
 Back to top »
Thanates Scyntor
Corporal

Post Posted: Wed, April 25th 2007 04:16pm    Post subject:

Scyntor regarded Zero quietly, appraising the man he had not seen for nearly a month. It was interesting to see him in his new armor, looking full of life and speaking coherently. The heuristic slave-linked vocabulator was working in fine form, he reminded himself to thank General Khryss for the fine work. The Colonel-General motioned for Zero to take a seat as he picked up one of the datacards on his desk, pressing his thumb to the identifier to authenticate his security clearance.

"Your instructors tell me that your progress in class has been exemplary, and your precision on the simulated battlefield was beyond what we could teach you here on Carida... there's even speculation that you could outgun some of our more advanced students. Of course I will not put you to that test yet, but let it be sufficient to say that you have passed with flying colors. I am most impressed."

Scyntor set the datacard aside and looked Zero in the eye, folding his massive hands on the durasteel desk before him. his voice was soft, serious as he looked the xenos in the eye. His words were, at the moment, for Zero alone. "I am assigning you one more test, Zero. A test of your ability to lead in a full combat situation. Tomorrow a three hundred thousand-personnel wargame will be executed on the broad fields to the south. I am giving you command of one half of it, the entire defensive army. Your skill in handling this situation will determine your rank among the Stormtrooper Corps. As of this moment, you are an Imperial Stormtrooper.

He waited to see the reaction from Zero, the first of many tests to the leadership capability of the man before him. Scyntor did not choose his tactical commanders easily, Kalydon Skirata could personally attest to that fact.

"I do not forgive. Look into my eyes, and you will see only the promise of Hell."

~~~~~~~~~

Brent - Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing... how embarrassing. says:
DT-IVs are MY pets
Dj (VIII is begining to piss me off.) says:
SCREW YOUR PETS!
Supreme Moff Ams Jendob says:
Indeed.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zero
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Wed, April 25th 2007 04:42pm    Post subject:

Zero's eyes widened, the fact that he had been accepted was shocking to him. Even more surprising was the fact that Scyntor wanted to give him control of a force of one hundred and fifty thousand men in an exercise. It was almost overwhelming to him. He now had somewhere to belong, something to call his own. Of course, it was still important to him to find out about his past. However, now he had a new beginning. A new starting point to build a life from. Even now, the processors in his armor activated the large scale battle tactics ingrained in his mind; referencing them as his conscious mind stayed focused on Scyntor.

" Sir, I- I don't know what to say. I can't thank you enough for this opprotunity. If I may, though," he said, crossing his gloved fingers nervously, " I'd like to request one thing. If there is access to the Project: Infinitum files that I don't have... " Zero looked down, emerald eyes reflecting the spartan floor. " What I mean, is, I'd like to try and find out more of where my home planet may be. I still don't know who I really am. Perhaps, I can at least find out if I have any family, at least to know where I came from..."

<Rank image pending...>

Scyntor: Oh and this is my new best friend Zero...no...noooo...don't point the big experimental plasma weapon at the nice rebel leader...
 Back to top »
Thanates Scyntor
Corporal

Post Posted: Wed, April 25th 2007 04:49pm    Post subject:

Scyntor sighed softly. He had been expecting this question for quite some time, trying to figure out how best to break the information to Zero. He decided that the best action was direct speech, and the tone was sympathetic but firm.

"You have access to all of Project Infinitum files... but we have scoured every bit of information in the system. They all pertain to the project of your armor, and there is nothing there about you personally. If you want to look over them, you may do so on your own time. In the meantime, though, I want you to work on compiling your battle strategy."

Scyntor looked up and locked eyes with the man. He did not know it, but this was not a random field test... this was a personal test. Scyntor was testing Zero himself on broad-spectrum tactics - the Colonel-General had lofty ideas for the xenos. "And I would not suggest you be lax about your obligations, Zero. I will be your foe. I will be the commander of the opposing army, and I will show no mercy."

"I do not forgive. Look into my eyes, and you will see only the promise of Hell."

~~~~~~~~~

Brent - Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing... how embarrassing. says:
DT-IVs are MY pets
SCREW YOUR PETS!
Indeed.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zero
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Wed, April 25th 2007 05:11pm    Post subject:

Zero nodded, keeping his gaze on Scyntor. He would have to begin his search anew. It would have to include a search of closest hospitable planets in the unknown systems along old CIS routes. Of course, Scyntor was right. He could not worry about this at the moment. He would have to review all manner of large scale tactics that were stored within him. This was going to be what proved his worthiness to the Empire. He refused to show any weakness. His expression took on a more serious tone as he allowed the processors to begin cross referencing tactics more rapidly.

" Of course, sir, I would expect none; and I will not show any restraint other than the proper settings to my armor for the exercise. I will do my best, both to successfully lead these men and to defeat you in combat. Is there anything else, sir?"

<Rank image pending...>

Back to top »
Thanates Scyntor
Corporal

Post Posted: Wed, April 25th 2007 05:19pm    Post subject:

"Just one more thing, Zero. Good luck." Scyntor smiled then rose from his seat to accompany Zero out of the office. The Colonel-General had some other duties to take care of before the wargames, and he had some careful considerations to take when dealing with Zero - he had to research CIS battle tactics and how the xenos' mental programming would adapt it to the tactics he had viewed in the Stormtrooper databases, in order to figure out how best to counteract it.

~~~~~~~~~

DT-IVs are MY pets
SCREW YOUR PETS!
Indeed.
 Back to top »
Zero
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Tue, June 05th 2007 02:42pm    Post subject:

Luckily for Zero, he had spare plating for his armor pre-manufactured for impromptu replacements whil the main components were being repaired. The undersuit that housed the neural processors was still in prime condition, a testament to it's impact resistant design. Walking proudly through the complex, Genral's bars shining reflectively on his red chestplate, Zero returned the salutes that were given to him as he made his way to Scyntor's office. He was a General now, a General. He still couldn't believe that he had earned such a high rank. Of course, he knew he could have won, had Scyntor not been playing with loaded dice since before the exercise had begun.

Coming to the door to Scyntor's office, Zero removed his red and white helmet, his golden hair tied back in a four foot long ponytail as usual. Holding the helm under one arm, he gripped a datapad in the other and pressed the comm button with his forefinger. " Colonel-General, I have my report ready." Receiving acknowledgement to enter, he walked in and set the datapad on Scyntor's desk. What is with this man and cigars?, he thought, noting the pungent smell of tobacco. Holding his helm in the crook of his arm, he stood straight and gave a sharp salute.

<Rank image pending...>

Back to top »
Thanates Scyntor
Corporal

Post Posted: Wed, June 06th 2007 02:30pm    Post subject:

Scyntor took the report, setting the cigar in the small ashtray on his desk. He skimmed it, catching the overview of the document before setting it aside, a smile touching his lips. He regarded the xenos, a man that he had personally nurtured throughout his growth and development in the Imperial Stormtrooper Corps, and he was ready, now... truly ready for the task that was to be handed over to him.

"General Zero, I had very little doubt about your capabilities on the battlefield before the war game, and the experience there removed the few reservation I held before. You are a capable leader, a bit on the aggressive side, but then if we weren't aggressive we would be in the army, eh?" A chuckled rumbled in his chest before the Colonel-General stood, leaving the cigar burning in the small bronzium tray.

"You have not been assigned an office in this complex because one awaits you in a different location. The shuttle leaves in approximately thirty standard minutes, your personal effects have already been transferred. Report to the bridge of the Genesis in ninety minutes. Have you any questions?"

~~~~~~~~~

DT-IVs are MY pets
SCREW YOUR PETS!
Indeed.
 Back to top »
Zero
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Wed, June 06th 2007 02:42pm    Post subject:

Zero smiled at Scyntor's comment about aggressiveness. It was good that the man had a sense of humor. Standing straight, he nodded at Scyntor's orders. This was still a bit overwhelming. To be a General, having command over so many forces. He wanted to do his best, to prove the decisions made about him were right. Already, it seemed something bigger was brewing on the horizon. He had a feeling that the time to truly prove himself was coming very near.

Mentally turning down the olfactory enhancements, it was the only way he could handle the smell of the cigar, Zero realized he did have a couple of questions. One of which was becoming a nagging thought in the back of his mind, more and more with each day. " Just two items, sir. When we were fighting, the suit kept recommending a weapon that it couldn't find in it's systems. Something called a 'Z-Buster'. The R and D boys can't find any files on it with the original suit specifications. Also, I was wondering if anyone knew when Vice-Admiral SKirata would be returning. I wish to speak with him about the MAndalorians. Something in the back of my mind keeps telling me I should be familiar with that knowledge, it almost feels like a memory."

<Rank image pending...>

Back to top »
Thanates Scyntor
Corporal

Post Posted: Wed, June 06th 2007 02:59pm    Post subject:

Scyntor frowned a bit, mentally reviewing the project manifest of the escape pod. General Khryss had made no mention of the weapon, and the toymaker would have jumped at the chance to create something unique that he could put on this most recent of his creations. "When we were decompiling the system information and project specifications aboard your transport pod, there were several sectors of destroyed data. What you are talking about could be the demographics on that weapon... my teams are trying to reconstruct the data as we speak."

Skirata... now that was definitely going to be a delicate issue. The Vice-Admiral still did not know of Zero's new appointment, a fact that would undoubtedly annoy the Mando`ad, but the result of Zero's line of questioning would definitely put the re-programming of the xenos' mind to the ultimate test... Scyntor made a mental note to double the guard on the bridge for that conversation. "The Vice-Admiral is currently on Denon... there is something holding him up there, but the security the Rebels have placed around their capital has made it impossible to get an exact status update... however, the Traumatize is still sending regular reports, so I do not believe there is anything wrong. I will inform you as soon as he sets his sights on Carida."

Scyntor paused again, to let Zero ask any other questions he might have... the brain-linked vocabulator made the Xenos' speech a lot easier to follow, and the Colonel-General found himself nearly smiling at the massive amounts of progress that had been made.

~~~~~~~~~

DT-IVs are MY pets
SCREW YOUR PETS!
Indeed.
 Back to top »
Zero
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Wed, June 06th 2007 03:53pm    Post subject:

Zero listened to the man carefully, recording the conversation in his own databanks for future reference. He wasn't sure what Skirata's reaction to his promotion would be. The man had seemed too apprehensive when he had last seen him. Of course, Zero couldn't blame him. At that last exchange, he was still viewed as a potential threat to the Empire. Hopefully, Skirata's views wouldn't be as jaded this time around. Zero truly wanted....no, needed to know why the mention of Mandalorians seemed familiar.

" Understood, Colonel-General," he said, replacing the helmet on his head. " I would just like to say, sir, that I am honored to be a part of the Empire. Not having a family of my on, or a life of my own; it is a great personal joy to me to have been deemed worthy to hold such a high place in it's ranks. I will head to the Genesis immediately, thank you, sir." With a salute, Zero turned and headed out of the office to find the shuttle.

<Rank image pending...>

Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Carida » Colonel-Genral Scyntor's Office
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: