}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
City Sprawls of Denon
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Denon » City Sprawls of Denon
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Space Jawa
Commander

Post Posted: Sat, May 12th 2007 06:41pm    Post subject: City Sprawls of Denon

He knew what he was doing, Drake had to give him that. He had planned for a failed mission and thought out an escape route that would provide him with an excellent chance for escaping. Not only was it a significant distance away, both in length and depth, but it was also winding enough to avoid letting Drake catch up to him much. In the run, Drake counted at least 3 more rooftops, 2 heavily populated building interiors, and 1 more significant drop, all intertwined with various miniature drops and quick turns, before he finally lost the guy in a speeder parking garage. Not having any clue where he had gone, Drake finally came to a stop to catch his breath.

”Well frak.”
”You’re telling me. We just lost someone who obviously intended on killing you sooner or later, and now he’s going to come back and…”
”Just drop it, IMM!”
”I don’t want to drop it. Maybe I’m just more concerned with this than you are, but I see a huge problem with you letting him get away. Not only does it…”
”I don’t want to hear it.”
”Well you need to hear it.”
”It’s times like this that I really wish I could mute you!”
”You’d regret it later. Imagine…did you hear that?”
”You expect me to hear anything over your constant groaning?”

He had heard it, however, and turned just in time to see a speeder headed straight for him, his prey sitting in the drivers seat. Thinking quickly, he dropped to his back as the thing got close than grabbed the underside just as the rear end passed over him. Holding on as tight as his arms would let him, Drake soon enough felt the ground drop from under him as the speeder drove out of the lot at top speed. He was now holding on to the speeder, miles above the ground with nothing below him but the other vehicles that were also traveling along the same street.

Assets:
3,054,300 Credits
Modifications
YKL-37R Nova Courier Schizophrenia
Stuff abord the Schizophrenia

------------------------------------------------

Star Wars: It doesn't have to make any sense!
 Back to top »
Space Jawa
Commander

Post Posted: Mon, May 14th 2007 08:15pm    Post subject:

”Oh, wonderful. Now look at us.”
”That might be easier if I had a mirror. And a spare hand.”
”Oh, ha, ha. Yes. Very funny. I find that you have a sense of humor when we could plummet to our deaths any moment to be quite wonderful.”
”Somehow, I sense you’re being sarcastic.”
OF COURSE I’M BEING SARCASTIC!”
”Thank you for that confirmation, and now would you…”

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHWWWWwwwwwwwwwwww….

During his argument with IMM, Drake had failed to notice that the speeder had begun lowing ever so slightly, not enough that it would cause him to hit someone traveling below him and going the opposite direction, but low enough that anyone hanging on to the bottom, namely Drake, would.

”That was way too close!”
”I noticed! I think he heard us.”
”I blame you and your yelling!”
”I blame you and your incessant complaining!”

He heard a loud honking noise as another speeder narrowly turned to avoid hitting him.

”How about you stop pointing fingers and turn around so you can help these people avoid hitting you! It’ll only take one drunk idiot to…”

As if on cue, it was at that moment that one of his feet connected hard with something. It wasn’t enough for him to fall off, but it was enough for him to loose his grip on one of his hands, leaving him flailing behind the speeder he was grabbed on to even more than before.

”I think we just hit your drunk idiot!”
I think I’ve made my point!

Drake couldn’t argue with that, and he pulled himself around and grabbed back on, this time facing forward so he could see what was coming. And just in time too, as he was able to pull himself up just briefly enough to avoid getting his legs torn off by someone who didn’t seem to care what he hit so long as he got where he was going as fast as he possibly could.

”Good. Now bring this thing down!”
”Yeah. I’m working on that!”

Assets:
3,054,300 Credits
Modifications

Back to top »
Space Jawa
Commander

Post Posted: Sat, May 19th 2007 05:18pm    Post subject:

Drake swung himself backwards just in time to avoid hitting yet another speeder that came all too close to impacting with this body.

”That was way too close.”
”I saw! Any time now would be fine!”
”I got that! Thank you.”
”So what are you going to…”
”Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!”

Reaching forward, Drake grabbed on to a piece of the speeder in front of him and began to swing himself towards the front of the vehicle. As he reached what appeared to be an external repulstorlift, he grabbed on as hard as he could with his left arm, then, with his other hand, gave the thing a nice, hard punch. While the initial blow didn’t do anything noticeable, after a couple more smacks to the speeder, he felt the vehicle jerk as part of the system keeping it in the air began to suffer in its performance.

”I hope you realize that when this thing crashes, you’re going down with it!”
Blast it, IMM! For the love of anything that might be useful right now, could you just shut…”

Drakes rant was cut off as the speeder took a barrel roll in yet another attempt to throw Drake off the bottom of the speeder. And it almost worked, too, as Drake lost his grip on the part of the speeder he had been holding, only to barely grab on to the part of the speeder he had originally been attached to.

Not willing to risk the same thing happening again, Drake made sure he had a better grip before he activated his arm blaster and aimed it at the underside of the speeder.

Assets:
3,054,300 Credits
Modifications

Back to top »
Space Jawa
Commander

Post Posted: Mon, May 21st 2007 05:59pm    Post subject:

”You don’t want to do that.”
”Yes I do.”
”You really don’t want to do that.”
”Yes…” Drake had to grab back on to the underside to avoid yet another of the oncoming projectiles otherwise known as speeders ”I really, really do.”
”Trust me. You really don’t want…”
”Yes! I! Do!” Drake shouted, not letting the voice in his head finish as he let a shot off into the bottom side of his ride in between each word.

”Well now you’ve done it!”

The cyborg ignored his statement as he pumped a couple more bursts of laser energy into the flying machine, despite the fact that it was already smoking and showing signs of flying out of control. It was then that he realized that perhaps IMM had been right. But the realization was only for a fleeting moment, as he was soon hanging on for dear life as the speeder went wild as its driver tried to keep it somewhat under control.

As the vehicle passed through several lanes of traffic, Drake thought he heard the distinct sound of a number of speeder crashes, but was unable to give them much thought as he realized that his own ride was now headed straight for what looked like a glass-covered building.

”Ooooooohhhhhhh….I am going to be so hurting after this.”
”I told you so.”

As angry as he was at his other half for making the same kind of comment that had driven him to his angry blasting of the speeder in the first place, Drake let it slide as he tried to figure out the best way to make the crash as least painful as possible. Using his blaster, he aimed at the location he guessed the speeder was going to collide, shooting the glass a couple times, severely weakening it.

”I hope this works…”

Swinging himself backwards and letting go of the speeder, he let his momentum carry him behind the vehicle as it collided with the glass, smashing the window and sliding on in to what he was sure would be a total mess. He didn’t think about it too much, as he soon concentrated on his own landing, rolling as he hit the floor. His judgment on the move had not quite been on, as his speed, combined with the mess the speeder had made on its way in, made the landing more painful than he had expected it to be even before he had attempted to soften it. His attempted roll quickly went out of control, and by the time he came to a stop against what, he couldn’t even begin guess, he was wishing that he had been knocked unconscious.

Assets:
3,054,300 Credits
Modifications

Back to top »
Space Jawa
Commander

Post Posted: Tue, May 22nd 2007 09:39pm    Post subject:

”Sheild?!
Uh…shwa?
”Your shield? Why do you even have it if you’re not going to use it? I’m sure it would have come in quite handy!
”Can’t talk. Paining.”
”Fine. No use worrying about it right now. Now get up!”
”Seh wha…?”
”I said get up! Now move it!”

Drake opened his eyes to see a ceiling above him through some kind of smoke. He could hear some people yelling and moving about, but he couldn’t quite make out who or what they were. All he really knew was that he was on the ground, on his back, with his legs up in the air against some barrier like object, and there was water coming down from the ceiling, likely some kind of fire system. And that he was in pain.

”I don’t think I feel like it.”
”MOVE, soldier! You still have some wacko with an accent to catch.”
”Say, why don’t you try living with an organic body. They really hurt after whatever it is that just happened.”
”No thanks. Now move.”

In an instant, IMM sent a data signal through the mechanical part of Drakes head that could only be translated as an equivalent to the worst imaginable headache in the universe.

”SITHIN’ HUTT-MONKIES!”

While the signal was only for an instant, it was enough to get Drake moving, if even all that consisted of was him rolling over and moving away from whatever it was he had been up against.

”Good! You’re….”
”Do you vracet know how much that fracking hurts? I thought you promised you were never going to effin do that again!”
”I am suffering just as much as you are right now.”
”I highly doubt that!”
”Yes, well, like it or not, you still have someone to catch, and desperate times call for desperate measures.”

Not quite sure yet what the voice was telling him, he recalled the crash and then remembered the guy who had shown up in his ship. After pulling a couple of pieces of debris out of his mechanical limbs, Drake stood up and looked around for the speeder. It wasn’t hard to find. There was a short trail of destruction that the speeder had left behind it in what Drake now saw was an office building. Or at least, the cubicle section of a building. Or at least, had been a few minutes ago. But only a meter or two in, the speeder sat, smoking and looking like it had seen better days. But there was no one it in.

There was, however, a small trail of blood that was visible leading away from the vehicle further in to the building.

”You’re not going to let him get away now, are you?”

Drake didn’t even answer him as he tried to ignore his pain and followed the trail as quickly as he could.

”When this is over, you and I are going to have a nice, long talk.”

Even without the assistance of his repulstorfeet, Drake was able to find the man quickly, and saw him running, or rather, trying to run with a limp, towards a repulstorlift elevator. Motivated, Drake picked up his pace and fired a couple shots at the man. While he missed his intended target, he did hit the next best thing, as the door controls behind him were fried, preventing him from using his intended mode of transportation. Unfortunately, his blaster also chose that moment to short out, a late victim of the crash. Realizing his escape route was cut off, the man bolted for the stairs as quickly as his injured leg would carry him.

Assets:
3,054,300 Credits
Modifications

Back to top »
Space Jawa
Commander

Post Posted: Tue, May 29th 2007 11:42am    Post subject:

Drake, of course, followed him, starting down the stairs as the blood trail led him. Until it suddenly stopped, only a single flight of stairs down and without a single noise to be heard from the guy.

”This isn’t right.”
”Maybe he fell to his death.”
”I wish. But I doubt it.”

Backtracking, Drake headed up to the door he had come through and then began walking up the stairs, only to hear someone suddenly begin running. He could only guess that he had gotten it right.

The hunter didn’t keep track of how many flights of stairs he ran up, only that by the time he finally burst through a door to the roof, he was getting to the point of needing to catch his breath, and hoping that Mr. Accent was the same. As it turned out, he was worse, as his limp had slowed him down even further, allowing Drake to finally tackle him. Right before getting a kick to the head.

”Oh joy. Two injured, worn out people going at it. This will be fun.”
”Help out or shut up!”

He picked himself up off the ground to the sound of the man laughing to himself. It was subtle at first, but soon grew to him laughing his head off. Drake grabbed him and threw him against a conveniently placed nearby wall.

”Whacha laughin at, Stashy?”

Picking himself up off the ground, the guy continued to laugh to himself, though not as hard as before.

“Hi nheveh whould half hexpected to hav bein beetin soo bodly bhy eh chrazie man.”
”What you talking about?”
“Your tooking to juoself as eef soomone helse ees thah. Had ji known zat habout ju, I wood have uused et hagaeenst ju.”
”I say let him think it.”
”I agree.”

”You’re right. I am crazy.”
He responded, aiming his blaster at the man. ”Meaning there’s a lot greater chance I’ll shoot you with this thing for likely no reason. So I suggest you come with me and not try anything.”

Again, the man began laughing, only much more annoyingly this time. Somehow, he had managed to fuse his accent with his laugh.

“Ho pleeze. Joot me? Ha! Hyo blasteh ees brookeen. Ju coodeend joot theese beeldeeng weeth eet.”

This took Drake by surprise.

“Ju ha woondering how ah know, no? Eet ees qhuite seemple. Same rheasoon ah know why ju ha woonering how ah know. Ah am a Jedi-type force person.”

This time, it was Drakes turn to laugh. Or, really, chuckle.

”You? Jedi? Please. If you’re a Jedi, then I’m Boba Fett.”
“Vhey whell, Feet. Bhut ah sood whan ju, I am not seemply ha Jedi, ha eem a Soopah-Jedi! I could desintirate juor eenternal neck phats weeth theh paht oof mah mahnd that few ha eeveen haware eexeest..”
”On second thought, maybe you should have corrected him.”
”I’m sure you can. I just hope you forgive me for acting like it until you actually do it.”
“Ji can! Ji just doon’t feel like doing eet rhight now!”

Drake charged at him. The man was far enough away, though, that he was able to dodge, if only bearly, and get him in the stomach with his knee. Drake got him back quickly, though, by pounding his arm into the guy sideways into his stomach, before slugging him across the jaw. He suspected that the guy would have said something, except that from the way he was acting, except he seemed to have received a broken jaw.

”You know. I am sick and tired of that stupid accent of yours.”

Hitting him again, this time Drake broke his nose. Which also revealed something else about the guy. In his pain, the hunter dropped his disguise and revealed that he was a clawdite.

”Well that’s just fine and dandy. Think you can change yourself a new nose, clawman?”

Drake advanced upon on him, but his opponent wisely backed up. Right into the edge of the roof, over which he tripped and fell.

”Ah viruck.”

Drake ran to the edge to see the man fall, and got there just in time to see him land in the back of an open-topped speeder that was passing by. Despite his injuries, the green-skinned man reached forward to the drivers seat, and smacked the driver a few times before opening his door and tossing him out.

”Ah frack.”

With no other occupants, the man that Drake had been chasing was able to keep the speeder from crashing and drive off.

”Seeing as he got away all the same, IMM, I’m thinking that I should have just stayed put in the first place.”
”Are you blaming this one me?”
”I didn’t say that, but now that you mention it, I would like to blame someone. And yes, I think I will blame you. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m still in a fair amount of pain, so I’m just going to lie here on this roof a while and hope it goes away.”

Assets:
3,054,300 Credits
Modifications

Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Denon » City Sprawls of Denon
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: