}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Office of the Autocrat
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Nespis VIII » Office of the Autocrat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Velora Antana
ECP Member

Post Posted: Thu, February 15th 2007 11:35am    Post subject: Office of the Autocrat

Velora settled into her new chair, and exhaled. After months of having to use the old Presidents' office, Velora had been informed that new facilities had been prepared for her. They were much better than the previous office - minimalism had been replaced with luxury, and the spartan plexiglass/steel combination had made way for pseudoak panelling and a wide blasterproof window that overlooked the city.

"Very nice," she said, and the two architects who had been presenting it to her smiled and bowed. "I like the desk, particularly," she continued, "Is that real wood?" They nodded and bowed again. "Very nice." They mumbled thanks, and she dismissed them, and leant back.

Iego. How was Rommel doing there, anyway? Luckily, her desk contained a very ergonomic comms device, and a few button presses later she was on a direct holonet link with the Admiral. The flickering four inch figure saluted.

She saluted back. "Erwin," she said, "How are you doing with the Iegans?" Despite his head being the size of her thumb, she could tell he was frustrated.

"They're still unsure," he said, "I'm starting to think we should send a couple of dreadnoughts to show them we can defend them adequately."

"We'll see," replied the Autocrat. "Keep trying them."

Rommel nodded and the holocomm flickered off. Velora sighed. "Jess," she said, flicking on the intercom, "See if Monty's left yet. I need him to get a move on."

-Grand Admiral, Chief of Staff of Nespis Defence Force-

"LOL DILDOS" - Cray | "FFS" - Ams | "Moff, you should know better." - Han

Alex says:
I outnumber him ten million to one
Alex says:
GOOD ODDS FOR ANY GREEK

Expand

Crazed says:
everytime i talk to alexus, i love him a little more

Holder of the 30,000th post

Inventor of the phrase "I'll get my killin' hat." (Seriously. Google it.)

"My gut can't repel comedy of that magnitude!" - Jace911
 Back to top »
Velora Antana
ECP Member

Post Posted: Sat, March 03rd 2007 02:52pm    Post subject:

Velora crossed her arms as she looked down at the sixth-size holo that flickered above the personal holocomm unit on her desk. She exhaled and finally spoke. "I'll see what I can do, Lord Sienar," she said. The holo shook its head.

"I'm not a lord any more, M'Lady," said Alexus Sienar, a hundred thousand light years away, "Just a private citizen trying to protect the galaxy from this Pirate scum." Antana nodded and smiled.

"I'll see what I can do, then," she said, "But I think we could send half a dozen Karidephs and three Nespis-class cruisers. Would that be enough?"

"No Dreadnoughts?" asked Sienar.

"No..." replied Velora, "We need them for defence, and if this ship is still under construction you won't need us. I'll see what I can do."

Sienar saluted. "Thank you, Admiral," he said. She returned the salute, and the image of Nespis' former ruler faded out.

Alex says:
Alex says:
GOOD ODDS FOR ANY GREEK

Expand

Crazed says:

Back to top »
Velora Antana
ECP Member

Post Posted: Sat, March 17th 2007 05:26am    Post subject:

Rommel had returned from Iego, and joined Velora around the holographic map that lay to one side of her cavernous new office. Velora sometimes thought the room was too big - it had to be 20 metres long, which meant any visitors had a long walk up to her desk. But, of course, appearance was important. People had to have a sense of awe for the new regime, but...

It was easier when I was just an admiral, and Jahan was still President. "Yes..." she murmured. Rommel looked up from the map.

"What was that?" he asked. She shrugged, and the Admiral returned to the map. "Well," he said, "The Ssi-Ruuk have returned to isolationism, which is good news. However, two of the Apex-class vessels we'd sold to Pallanén seem to have peeled away from the main fleet - as far as we can tell. This information is patchy."

Velora tapped the holoproj, and the map flickered slightly. "I'm sure it's nothing," she said, and sighed. "Everything's been so quiet lately. I thought we should be on that new cruise liner, the Titan, for her maiden voyage. I got the tickets. We could represent Nespis."

Rommel shook his head. "Not a good idea. Too dangerous." He pressed several buttons and a schematic of the liner faded into view. "That place will be crawling with Imperials, Rebels, bounty hunters... it's a flying Galaxy Ball."

"That'd make it interesting," said Velora, in all seriousness. Even if it was an assasination attempt, she wanted something. Trapped in this office all day, signing executive orders and authorising purchases... for all I know, Rommel's running the damn Republic.

"No, it can't be done," said Rommel. That tone, that chiding, it was all far too familiar.

"Frak you! Who the frak are you, my frakking father?" Rommel actually took a step back, as if she'd just breathed fire. Oops.

He adjusted his collar. "Well," he said, "I suppose I'll... we'll talk later." He spun round and briskly made his way out. Velora covered her mouth in horror at her outburst, as if trying to cram the words back in.

"Sorry!" she called out, and he ignored her. "I've just been a little on edge!" And he ignored her. What the frak was going on?

Alex says:
Alex says:
GOOD ODDS FOR ANY GREEK

Expand

Crazed says:

Back to top »
Velora Antana
ECP Member

Post Posted: Sun, April 15th 2007 04:18am    Post subject:

As soon as Rommel entered her office, Antana spoke. "I want to go to the funeral with Stresemann." The Admiral was silent, and after a few seconds looked down. He'd never trusted Stresemann, after all.

"Why?" he said, looking up again. "Why would you care about some damn Jedi idiot servant of our enemies?"

Velora stepped back and raised her palms in a gesture of shock. "He was always a friend of Nespis," she said, "And the Alliance is not our enemy."

Rommel smirked. "Not yet."

Antana stepped up to him and looked up into his eyes. They were completely unreadable, his whole face impassive. "You don't decide policy, Erwin," she said, "Don't forget that."

Rommel's mouth curled into a smile. "No, the Autocrat does." He grinned widely. "With the Autocrat sealed in her office to keep her safe from assasinations and terrorists, the representative of the Autocrat decides policy."

The penny dropped. "That would be you." Rommel nodded.

"I'm afraid that this Republic is mine," he said, "And there is nothing you can do about it." He broke the gaze and turned around, began to head for the door.

"Let me out of here!" shouted Antana. He was silent, and left. The door hissed shut and locked.

I'm not really on RPing form today, but I hadn't posted in ages.

Alex says:
Alex says:
GOOD ODDS FOR ANY GREEK

Expand

Crazed says:

Last edited by Velora Antana on Sun, April 15th 2007 04:19am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Velora Antana
ECP Member

Post Posted: Fri, May 04th 2007 12:31pm    Post subject:

Finally, after days of constant work with little food, drink, or rest, the little transmitter in Velora's vidscreen - the one that sent data of what she watched to some marketing office for processing - had been taken apart, reassembled, and the screen from her day planner she had spliced into the circuit was blinking a frequency number. She exhaled with joy, and raised her middle and index finger to the housings of smashed security cameras that dotted the walls and celing.

"That's your problem, Erwin," she said, panting with exertion as she reached into her gutted desk to withdraw a small piece of metal, "You never thought I was a threat." She took the metal, no thicker than a few hairs, and began to use it to tap sequences into several exposed wires that hung from the vidscreen transmitter. The frequency on the day planner screen began to change.

The screen's message changed, now reading ESTABLISHING LINK. Velora felt like weeping with joy. The TV was one thing Rommel hadn't thought to jam, and that little oversight would be what killed him.

With no microphone or speakers, morse code would have to do. Velora got to work, tapping the exposed wires of her jerry-rigged transmitter with determined ferocity. There probably wasn't long until Rommel decided what to do with her.

Quote:
-- --- -. - -.-- / - .... .. ... / .. ... / .- -. - .- -. .- / .-. --- -- -- . .-.. / .... --- .-.. -.. .. -. --. / -- . / .. -. / -- -.-- / --- ..-. ..-. .. -.-. . / .- ... ... .- ... .. -. .- - .. --- -. / - .... .-. . .- - / .- / .-.. .. . / ..- -. .- -... .-.. . / - --- / . ... -.-. .- .--. . / .--. .-.. . .- ... . / .... . .-.. .--.

"Come on," she breathed, "Get the message, Monty..."

Yay, I feel like posting again :)

Alex says:
Alex says:
GOOD ODDS FOR ANY GREEK

Expand

Crazed says:

Last edited by Velora Antana on Fri, May 04th 2007 01:01pm; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
Trassk
Staff Sergeant

Post Posted: Fri, May 04th 2007 05:41pm    Post subject:

Was Morse Code even CONSIDERED in SW? :P
-1,165,126 Per Week

"If Godzilla had a gun..."
–Jase Denora

"THE SHARK'S NOT WORKING!"
-Random person working on JAWS

"Beavers and ducks!"
-Some guy on BANDITS.

"I should face my fears by leaping off a roof?"
-Jace

One Trandoshan's a problem. Two is a fight. Three is suicide.
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Nespis VIII » Office of the Autocrat
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: