}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Caridan Training Facility
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Carida » Caridan Training Facility
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zero
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Wed, April 04th 2007 02:56am    Post subject: Caridan Training Facility

He was cold.... It had been one week since Scyntor had last spoken to him. One week since he had been deemed worthy to live. One week since he had started Indoctrination into the Empire. His health was rapidly weakening, despite the best efforts of the medical teams to keep him alert and active. It nearly affected his efforts in the classes, but he was too determined to succeed. He wanted a life, something he could call his own. Desperately he wanted memories of his own. A new beginning, from an end that he could not recall.

The medical teams had been preparing to inject him with various supplements and stimulants, keeping him functional enough for the next day's activities. Unfortunately, it would only be a matter of time before these stopped working and Zero's body shut down all together. As the last round of chemicals was prepared, a man stepped into the room. " No injections today," he told the staff, " it's finally ready." Zero looked up with anticipation filling his emerald eyes. Could it be? Was his armor finally completed? " Finish...armor?," Zero asked, bewildered at this. " No...hurt any more? Now....I no hurt?"

The man nodded, " Yes, Mister Zero, it is completed. If these specifications are correct, then your body should return to perfect health momentarily." Zero nodded, a small smile crossing his lips. The man gestured to the medical staff, " Let's go, we have to bring him to it. It's quite remarkable, too heavy for our boys to wear, what with the durasteel plates. I assume that's part of the reason the suit enhances Zero's strength." Zero nodded softly, assuming they were correct. He knew he would have his complete knowledge of the armor's systems back once he reunited with it.

The group traveled to the Research Department, entering under guard. Progress had been remarkably well, not even the slightest sign of hostility was shown now when Zero saw the Stormtroopers. He had quickly learned ver the protocol in his brainwashing and even had been friendly with some of them. The troopers led them to the lab, where a large station sat. It resembled an arch, with cables leading from it's inside arc to a red and white suit of armor. Clamps pulled the red plating away from the white undersuit as the grop stepped forward.

Fasteners on the undersuit were unclasped and Zero looked at it in wonder. His mind seemed to be filled with pure joy at the sight. " Go ahead, Mister Zero, put it on," the technician said. Zero nodded, pulling the undersuit on and clasping it shut. The DNA identifiers quickly processed the information of his skin, matching it to the suit's profiles. The neural interfacesjumped from the inside of the suit, injecting themselves into strategic points along Zero's body. He grunted slightly, then sighed in content as he felt the suit's power flow into him.

It was as if he was reuniting with an old friend. The power flowed through him, making his body feel rejuvenated. All the pain washed away and was replaced with a sense of unimaginable power. It felt like e was being born again, into a creature far stronger and far more powerful then he could possibly have fathomed. " Core systems running nominal, the technician said, switching his gaze between Zero and his screen. " Attaching armor enhancements, now." The clamps lowered again, the red plating for the armor being put into position. Locks opened on the white undersuit and coupled with the plating, creating a seal that was impentrable and incredibly strong and tight.

The neural interfaces from the plating cnnected through the locks, adding the weapons and defense systems to Zero's kowledge. He felt like a living machine, vast amounts of knowledge being imprinted upon him in nanoseconds. " Alright," said the technician, " all systems are still green, lower the helm." The final piece, the helmet, was slowly lowered onto Zero's head. It had no faceplate, but protected the rest of his skull and his forehead. The interfaces in the helmet plunged into his scalp, feeding languages, targeting displays, tactical data and multiple modes of scanning and problem slving that he could bring up in his mind's eye with jst a thought.

" Ok, all systems are go, subject is stable and health is excellent. All vitals show marked improvement, better than could have been hoped. COngratulations gentlemen, I dobelieve we've done it." The tech finished his thoughts and came up to Zero. " Zero? How do you feel? Are all of the armor's systems operatonal through the interfaces?" Zero's eyes widened, then returned to normal. He looked to the technician, raisng a white gauntleted hand that extended past a red armored forearm.

"I feel...incredible... Oh gods, is that me speaking? Can I actually speak clearly now? Impossible... it's as if I know so many languages now. And countless other things as well. It'sincredible.. I feel so alive," he said with a smile of fascination. " I don't feel weak anymore. I didn't think this day would come. General Scyntor really did this for me, he truly did helpme. I can't fail him...," he said quietly, clenching a fist. " Don't worry, Zero," the technician said, " we won't let you fail General Scyntor. Now, we just need to run some tests...."

" Test, Mister Zero...", the instructor said, tapping on the desk. Zero's mind snapped back to the present, still remembering the fateful moment he had retrieved his armor once more. " You do have an answer for this test, don't you?" Zero nodded, watching the holovid once more on his desk. " Now then," the instructor said. " The young man in the image is loitering outside of a local business. The business owner has called law enforcement. You happen to be an Imperial trooper in the area and respond to the call. It is your duty to resolve the situation."

Zero watched the holovid intensely, reviewing every aspect of the video. " The young man is clearly troubled. His clothes are tattered, possibly he is homeless. The shopkeeper is paranoid, of course. It is late at night and there is a stranger in front of his business without purchasing anything. The young man is obviously trying to stay warm." The instructor nodded, " How do you resolve the situation, Zero?" Zero furrowed his brow, watching the frozen scene. "I arrive and speak first to the shopkeeper, assuring him that I will resolve the situation. He is obviosuly a tax paying Imperial citizen and the young man may be a vagrant. "

"With the shopkeeper calmed down, I approach the young man. I let him know that I am not here to harm him or arrest him, simply here to talk. I offer to buy him something warm to drink from the shop and if he is a vagrant, as I would hope to divulge from any conversation; I offer to see personally that he is guided to a safe, warm Imperial shelter for the night." The instructor nodded, inputting the data into his pad. " I must say, Zero," he said softly, " I am impressed. That is the level of compassion we are trying to instate into our troopers." Zero smiled softly, " Thank you, sir."

" Well, Zero," the instructor spoke, " I'm afraid that is all that is left for us. You must move on to the rest of your Indoctrination courses. I will pass this information on to General Scyntor. Remember, it is every citizen of the Empire's right to feel safe. That is what we are here for, is to provide them with the knowledge that the Empire they trust is going to give them a reason to maintain that trust." Zero nodded again, the light reflecting off of his red helm. " Thank you sir, I shall never forget ths course. It will always be my first duty to maintain the safety of the Empire and her peoples. By the way, has anyone heard from Admiral Skirata?"

The instructor shook his head, "I believe he is off planet. I do not know when he will return." Zero frowned, looking to the door. " Okay, thank you anyways." On that note, he left the room while the instructor passed he passing grade and information on to Scyntor. Zero walked down the hall steadily, his armor clanking softly on the floor with each step. Making his way to the firing range, he found an empty stall in the crowded building. Many trooper cadets were there, practicng thier marksmanship. Zero set the targets to a fast evasion pattern and raised hs right forearm.

The interfaces sprang to life, feeding targeting data into the picture that Zero's eyes sent into his mind. His eesfollowed the targets as they popped up, blasters following his gaze and firing with lethal accuracy. One by one the targets were destroyed in rapid proccession. Troopers gathered around and watched as Zero continued. Blasters and eyes moving in perfect unison, each shot arriving home seemingly as the target came into view.

<Rank image pending...>

Scyntor: Oh and this is my new best friend Zero...no...noooo...don't point the big experimental plasma weapon at the nice rebel leader...
 Back to top »
Mejaque Khryss
Private First Class

Post Posted: Wed, April 18th 2007 07:06am    Post subject:

"General?"

Mejaque jumped, as any person beeing woken from a path of deep though would - yawning - he swivled away from the holodisplay of the the zero-armour he had been running on the Catalyst's holoprojector and scowled at the technician who had interrupted his train of though, "Aye, what is it?"

For the technician it felt rediculous to be threatened by the dwarfed human, but Mejaque gave off an aura that could quite supress a man four times his size - gingerly the man offered the General the datapad he had brought with him "These are the test results from the zero armour sir - as you predicted the suit's interfacing with the subject has improved almost all of his performance ratings."

Mejaque hopped off the chair he had been settled in and snatched the datapad from the tech "Aye, for somewhat primative technology the CIS interfaces have performed suprisingly better than our own ones." he pressed a stubby thumb to the scroll button of the datapad and scanned down the information, before padding over to the holoprojector and switching the image to a strange neckbrace-like device "Ye know what this is?"

The tech shook his head "No sir..."

Mejaque smirked at him and then chuckled "No sah indeed - this is the proposed design that Corsova fitted together based upon the CIS interface - unlike with the zero-suit it will not need as many interface points in fact it will require only one...at the rear of the neck, directly interfacing with the users brain and recieving impulses at the same rate that his actuall nerves do." he smilled to himself and then handed the datapad back to the tech "Take these results to the Colonel-General, inform him that I would like to test the suit in a livefire exercise versus our Phase II's and inform him I am ready discuss the project he has been asking about when he is."

Last edited by Mejaque Khryss on Wed, April 18th 2007 07:07am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Zero
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Mon, April 23rd 2007 01:49pm    Post subject:

" This is the Empire, which you have already found to be quite different from what was ingrained in you by the CIS." The instructor looked down at the seated Zero, " Do you understand, Mister Zero?" Zero looked up at the man, emerald gaze reflecting deep thought. " I think so, I'm not quite sure how the CIS protocols differ, sir." The instructor brought up his datapad, punching in some information. " Explain your answer, Mister Zero." Zero glanced away, thinking of how to word it properly. " Well, my suit was manufactured by the Empire. Yet, the base programming in my head to interact with it was left by the CIS."

" I mean, I've had to work very hard to break the instinct to attack anything that resembles a Clone Trooper." The instructor nodded, inputting some more data. " Tell me, Zero, what would your response to a being with a weapon aimed at you had been, say... before General Scyntor found you." Zero looked down, " It would have been to eliminate the threat with lethal force immediately, sir." The datapad chirped as the instructor continued to enter Zero's responses. " And now? Now that you have gone through this indoctrination?"

Zero looked up, " Well, sir, if it were on the battlefield, i would still respond with lethal force. However, in a non wartime environment, I would immediately respond with a shot from my blaster, stun setting. Unless, of course, it was a melee weapon and not a blaster. That I could easily disarm. If it were a hostage situation, my suit's databanks have files on universal psychology, so that I may use effective negotiation." The instructor nodded, setting the pad down. " Zero, I believe you've come a long way since you started these classes."

" We have one last exam for you, Zero. I want you to tell me, in your own words, what you believe the Empire is. You have sixty seconds." Zero blinked in amazement, he hadn't expected this. " Well, sir, the Empire is much more than the largest governmental faction in the known galaxy. It is a conglomeration of prosperous and fertile world for all citizens to find opprotunity in. In a relatively short span of years, it has gone from being a cruel, dictorial regime; to one of understanding and diplomacy. An Empire no longer of hate, but of trust and consideration for all her citizens. Lethality is no longer her first choice in dealing with conflict. And she will always strive to protect her citizens and better the galaxy."

It had been two days and still Zero awaited the final results of his indoctrination. He had not slept, in fact, he had been spending the majority of his free time in this room. His armor was undergoing recharge and diagnosrics, so he was without it. While this meant that he could no longer speak fluent Standard, his mind was still as sharp as ever. He looked up at the screen, following the path on the star chart. He had been cross referencing CIS hidden trade routes, with what little information on the experiment he had been created from. All he could find, was a reference to a planet "M". There were many that started with M on this chart.

Still he would search, whenever he could. He wanted to know just who he was...

<Rank image pending...>

Scyntor: Oh and this is my new best friend Zero...no...noooo...don't point the big experimental plasma weapon at the nice rebel leader...
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Carida » Caridan Training Facility
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: