}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
The Offices of Donald Schmitty
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Denon » The Offices of Donald Schmitty
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lionel Wright
Private

Post Posted: Thu, March 01st 2007 01:15am    Post subject: The Offices of Donald Schmitty

“So, come to settle, have we?”
“That is the intent.”

The office of what had quickly become his rival – Prosecutor Donald Schmitty. Lionel hated this place. Not because he was no fan of Mr. Schmitty and his attitude towards his job, and Wright, for that matter, but because of the way it looked. He wasn’t quite sure what it was, he just knew something about the room made his insides crawl. Perhaps it was the color of paint that had been used. It was a rather ugly color…

“So, you found a case that even you can’t handle, eh? I was beginning to wonder if you’d find you can’t do everything or if you would take a suicidal job and try to win it first.”

Oh yes, the man was quite the moron. He was acting as though he’d known Lionel for years, when the truth of the matter was that they’d only first met months ago. Which of course led to him making up information about Wright.

”I wonder if he hates me as much as I hate him?”
“Let’s not talk about egos here, shall we?”
he said, forcing what he felt to be a rather convincing smile and pushing down his dislike for the man. ”While I’m sure I could win this case if I needed to, I found it to be in the best interests of both myself and Mr. Nullg if he were to take a plea bargain. And considering the facts as they are known now, I believe that taking a such a bargain would be in your best interests as well.”

Schmitty let out a laugh. The kind of laugh that said “Oh really?”. It was not a laugh that Lionel found welcoming.

“Is that so? Because from what I see, I believe that this case should be easy for me.”
”I beg to differ.”
“I’m sure you do.”
”Mr. Nullg has agreed that he will plead guilty, provided that it’s by insanity and with the understanding that he was not responsible for his action. He will then spend an amount of time in a special facility where he will receive help in order to fix the problem before going free and living a peaceful life.”

Another laugh. The kind that amounted to “You have got to be kidding me.”

That is your plea bargain? That’s the kind of thing you’d ask for if I came to you. Which, if I was, would mean that I wouldn’t be trying this case in the first place. No, I believe that I will have to reject your offer.”
”Sithspit.”
“Do you really want to do that?

“Yes. I feel quite confident about it. Now, if you would leave, Mr. Wright, I have work to do, and I’ll see you and Mr. Nullg in court.”

Pocket Change: 50,000

The guy who made the 25,000th post
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Denon » The Offices of Donald Schmitty
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: