}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Defence Force Meeting
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Nespis VIII » Defence Force Meeting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rommel
Private First Class

Post Posted: Tue, December 26th 2006 11:38am    Post subject: Defence Force Meeting

Rommel rose and cleared his throat. "I call this meeting of the Nespis Defence Force to order," he said, and banged his gavel on the polished wooden table. "Settle down, ladies and gentlemen." The conversation assembled military leaders faded.

Rommel took a good look at the men and women who had joined him for the meeting that day. To his right sat Field Marshal Montgomery, recently back from Teyr, and to his left was a holoprojector that would hopefully be projecting the image of Velora Antana, whom Rommel had decided would be the best leader for the new order. Next to the empty seat was Admiral Toren, who had led the defence of Nespis since the beginning, and next to him was a Twi'lek Admiral whose name escaped Rommel temporarily. Next to her was a hologram of Antana's sister, who was on Yoggoy, and there were half a dozen more people who Rommel didn't know very well. They were all the best Nespis could offer - but were they the best, full-stop?

"Antana will be joining us shortly. First, Field Marshal Montgomery, will you appraise us of the current state of the Army, and the direction it will be taking?"

~Grand Admiral Erwin Rommel - Commander of Fleet Group One~

Last edited by Rommel on Tue, December 26th 2006 11:39am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Bernard Montgomery
Private First Class

Post Posted: Tue, December 26th 2006 12:45pm    Post subject:

Montgomery entered the meeting, resentful of who would be running it. As far as Monty was concerned, Rommel should have been stripped of rank for the disgrace at the first Vulvarch battle. He had made the crucial error of underestimating his enemy, and his lack of preparedness had resulted in the routing of his troops.

And then he had been elevated to the Chief of Staff, an appointment Montgomery had vigorously opposed. Admiral Antana, or even the Empress who was formerly in the military, would have made for a much more successful CoS.

"Antana will be joining us shortly. First, Field Marshal Montgomery, will you appraise us of the current state of the Army, and the direction it will be taking?"

"The restructuring is proceeding, and is nearing completion. 1800 new divisions have been formed, only logistics and supply issues have still to be sorted out. Once that is complete, training will be our priority."

The Field Marshal stared at the Admiral, clearly not showing his approval for the man. He would try however, not to become a 'bellyacher' as this would disrupt the entire chain of command and result in a barely functional armed forces.

Back to top »
Rommel
Private First Class

Post Posted: Tue, December 26th 2006 06:14pm    Post subject:

Rommel nodded and ticked off the army overview on his itinerary. Though many used flimsiplast or holodocuments, Rommel insisted that paper be used for hardcopy - paper never crashed, and the ergonomics were far superior to anything else. Paper was real.

"Good news, Field Marshal," he said, "As you can see, without the Senate complicating things efficiency is well up, and it seems coupled with your leadership and organisation the Army is finally getting the attention it deserves." It was clear there was some resentment about the disaster at Vulvarch - that had to be dispelled, lest a new generation of bellyachers rise in the NDF. ( :P )

"There's a report on the new rocket artillery we've been developing for... three months now. General Himmelfaust?"

General Himmelfast, a man in his late forties from Teyr, rose. "Yes sir. As you are all aware, we've lacked a dedicated artillery piece for quite some time. The Hailfire Droid is extremely effective, but also very expensive. Discussions with the Empire have led us to believe their own artillery is nothing special. As such, I've been working with Cybus, and we're about to make a breakthrough."

He picked up a remote and pressed it. A picture appeared on the previously dormant command screen.

"Ladies, Gentlemen," said the General, with evident pride, "I give you the N-K ‘Katyusha’ Multiple Rocket Artillery!"

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Tue, December 26th 2006 08:23pm    Post subject:

HEY! I was talking OOC. :p

But it's okay... this time.

Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segments, Director of Imperial Intelligence
Expand

Galaxy Map|Board and RPG Rules|Game Guide

"The Preying Mantis often sizes up a potential mate while wearing too much eyeliner..." - Velora

"You are so cool, you make James Bond proud..." - My Dad... sarcastically. Don't try to juggle cutlery. :p
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Velora Antana
ECP Member

Post Posted: Wed, December 27th 2006 06:41am    Post subject:

What's wrong? I only said we're close to making a breakthrough! And we are, aren't we? :?
 Back to top »
Rommel
Private First Class

Post Posted: Thu, December 28th 2006 12:26pm    Post subject:

"The Katyusha is a repulsor truck capable of moving at 80 kilometre* per hour. It carries and is able to launch twelve Krupx MG-5 concussion missiles at advanced ranges (Ams, how far, actually?) utilising computer-assisted targeting. The missiles themselves are powerful anti-infantry weapons and also very effective against armour. Are there any questions?"

Back to top »
Bernard Montgomery
Private First Class

Post Posted: Thu, December 28th 2006 03:26pm    Post subject:

Monty cleared his throat, and then leaned forward. "These still seem rather... expensive. Can we afford them?"

Back to top »
Rommel
Private First Class

Post Posted: Thu, December 28th 2006 04:32pm    Post subject:

Himmelfaust picked up a sheaf of documents and extracted the appropriate one. "To outfit the entire Army with the correct number of Katyushas and ammunition would cost roughly sixteen and a half billion credits. Enough ammunition for a full reload of all the artillery would be six point four two billion credits per batch." A couple of Admirals winced.

Rommel shrugged. "We can't skimp on the lives of our people and our soldiers. It's a hefty sum, but it's trivial in comparison to our yearly budget. We should be able to buy all the artillery we need and enough reloads."

Himmelfaust nodded. "Any other questions?"

Back to top »
Rommel
Private First Class

Post Posted: Tue, January 02nd 2007 12:09pm    Post subject:

Rommel saluted the General and he sat down. "It seems there are no further questions. Now, I shall be presenting the report on the Navy. First, are there any general questions about the Defence Force as a whole?"

Back to top »
Bernard Montgomery
Private First Class

Post Posted: Tue, January 02nd 2007 12:42pm    Post subject:

Montgomery leaned forward, resting both hands on the table. "Can we expect anymore, shall we say commitments, elsewhere anytime soon?"

Back to top »
Rommel
Private First Class

Post Posted: Tue, January 02nd 2007 12:55pm    Post subject:

Rommel shook his head. "Not for a while, no."

Back to top »
Rommel
Private First Class

Post Posted: Sat, January 13th 2007 08:20am    Post subject:

"Right," said Rommel, continuing, "The Navy is in good shape as a whole. Ship numbers are on the rise, the academies on our member worlds are turning out more and more qualified commanders." He checked his papers. "As a young nation, we've had to implement the Advancement Through Skill program heavily, rewarding skill with heavy training and responsibility - half of you here went through such a program, and the rest of us have had substantial training to learn how to command a fleet as large as our own. However, results have been good. Average efficiency on our capital ships is ninety seven percent, recruitment is up, and all fleets are approaching full strength. Any questions?"

Back to top »
Velora Antana
ECP Member

Post Posted: Wed, January 17th 2007 02:26pm    Post subject:

With a shimmer and a hiss of static as the system aligned itself, Velora's holographic image flickered into view. She saluted, and all assembled began to rise.

"As you were," she said. "Unless there are any questions, you may continue, Admiral."

-Grand Admiral, Chief of Staff of Nespis Defence Force-

"LOL DILDOS" - Cray | "FFS" - Ams | "Moff, you should know better." - Han

Alex says:
I outnumber him ten million to one
Alex says:
GOOD ODDS FOR ANY GREEK

Expand

Crazed says:
everytime i talk to alexus, i love him a little more

Holder of the 30,000th post

Inventor of the phrase "I'll get my killin' hat." (Seriously. Google it.)

"My gut can't repel comedy of that magnitude!" - Jace911
 Back to top »
Rommel
Private First Class

Post Posted: Sat, January 20th 2007 01:24pm    Post subject:

Rommel nodded. "With little else of import to note, I'm calling an end to the meeting. You can all return to your respective commands." Antana's holographic image turned to him.

"Admiral, I'd like to talk to you and Field Marshal Montgomery," she said.

Back to top »
Bernard Montgomery
Private First Class

Post Posted: Sat, January 20th 2007 01:34pm    Post subject:

Monty rose to leave, however he returned to his seat as he overheard the request. He awaited what Antana had to say.

Back to top »
Velora Antana
ECP Member

Post Posted: Sat, January 20th 2007 01:38pm    Post subject:

"Nespis has been static for too long," said Antana, "We need to expand our borders - there are dozens of planets nearby that need our help and protection. Montgomery, I want you to go to the Centares system and persuade them of the benefits of joining us. Rommel, I need you to go to Iego and do the same. I shall go to Belderone. Now, we don't wish to intimidate the inhabitants of those worlds, so I would suggest taking a single Karideph-class cruiser as a conveyance."

-Grand Admiral, Chief of Staff of Nespis Defence Force-

"LOL DILDOS" - Cray | "FFS" - Ams | "Moff, you should know better." - Han

Alex says:
I outnumber him ten million to one
Alex says:
GOOD ODDS FOR ANY GREEK

Expand

Crazed says:
everytime i talk to alexus, i love him a little more

Holder of the 30,000th post

Inventor of the phrase "I'll get my killin' hat." (Seriously. Google it.)

"My gut can't repel comedy of that magnitude!" - Jace911
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Nespis VIII » Defence Force Meeting
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: