}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Imperial News Network (INN)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » In-Game Archive » Imperial News Network (INN)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Sun, October 01st 2006 11:05pm    Post subject: Imperial News Network (INN)

Greetings everyone, I'm Rojr Moor, and this is INN News.

Coming up, we'll have an interview with Supreme Moff Jendob about the war and the recent blockades on Rebel worlds. Also, violence on Ord Mantell slows down. And are Imperial schools providing children with a proper education, or merely pumping them full of a propaganda?

All this and more when we return. But now, a word from our sponsors.

Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segments, Director of Imperial Intelligence
Expand

Galaxy Map|Board and RPG Rules|Game Guide

"The Preying Mantis often sizes up a potential mate while wearing too much eyeliner..." - Velora

"You are so cool, you make James Bond proud..." - My Dad... sarcastically. Don't try to juggle cutlery. :p

Last edited by Ams Jendob on Mon, October 02nd 2006 12:20am; edited 3 times in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Mon, October 02nd 2006 01:01pm    Post subject:

"And welcome back to INN, fair and balanced.

First up, the revolts on Ord Mantell have been declining in the past few months. We go now to field correspondant Trisha Tokonawa."

The screen changes to show a woman in her late thirties or early forties, with dark hair, wearing a gray suit and skirt with a yellow blouse. She holds a microphone in her hand, and speaks with a distinct accent.

"Thank you, Rojr. Over the past two months, the terrorist faction on Ord Mantell has shown a rapid decline in the frequency of their attacks against Imperial forces and citizens. Local militia officer, Leutnant Gert Schlick, has this to say."

The screen changes to show a weather-beaten man wearing a gray jacket. The collar is black, with silver and white insignia sewn on each side. The jacket also has epaulets, but they're not readable from the camera angle. A row of brass buttons runs down the center of the jacket, with breast pockets to either side. Over the left is a row of medal and service ribbons. Over the right is an eagle, wings outstretched, clutching the Imperial seal in its talons. He wears a gray cap with a gleaming black brim, and an disc reminiscent of the Empire's cap and belt discs surrounded by wreaths below another eagle and cog emblem pinned to the center seam of the cap's fabric top.

"Excuse me, Lieutenant, what is your opinion on why the attacks have ceased?" Tokonawa asks.

The man looks at her. "Vell, to put simply, the cowards are scared of our forces. Ve have beaten zem back time und time again, taking no losses as theirs mount."

"And has the militia or Empire offered them a chance to come to the peace table?"

"Vell, of course."

"Thank you, very much, Trisha. After the break, we'll show you our interview with Supreme Moff Jendob, and what direction his policies are taking the Empire.

The screen cuts to a small clip from the interview, which shows Jendob insisting firmly, "I refuse to allow the Empire to be as it was under Palpatine: cruel, oppressive, and violent."

Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segments, Director of Imperial Intelligence
Expand

"The Preying Mantis often sizes up a potential mate while wearing too much eyeliner..." - Velora

"You are so cool, you make James Bond proud..." - My Dad... sarcastically. Don't try to juggle cutlery. :p
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Mon, October 02nd 2006 08:47pm    Post subject:

"Welcome back to INN News. I'm Rojr Moor.

Ams Jendob. Former spy, then instructor for the Imperial Navy, then a decorated war hero, and now one of the most powerful men in the Empire and spearhead of numerous reforms that have swept the nation.

Through Jendob, many anti-alien laws were repealed, and slavery abolished throughout the Empire's domain. But he is more than just a politician and military leader. He is also a husband and father of twins. Fortunately, the Supreme Moff was able to take some time from his busy schedule for an interview."

The screen changes to Moor and Jendob sitting in what likely the Moff's living room. Moor has on his usual suit and tie, while Jendob is wearing his crimson Intelligence uniform.

"Good morning, sir."

Jendob nods. "Good morning, Rojr."

"You probably don't even have to guess at what my first question is."

"The war?" Jendob remarks.

"Yes. How do you respond to charges from the Alliance and some Imperials that you have already fired the first shots of this war with the triple blockade?"

Jendob's expression takes on a more serious tone. "I think they're twisting the words, for one. They're calling the blockade itself a shot, mostly to cover for the fact that the first literal shot of this war was fired by one of their own, Colin Brokna, during his short-lived rampage in prison."

"Rampage, sir?"

"An escape attempt that cost the lives of two guards and wounded several more," the Supreme Moff corrects. "I apologize, but the audacity of the Alliance in their interpretation of the morality of the situation is... unsettling."

"I see, sir. And what of the blockade, since you claim the Rebellion has already 'fired the first shot'?"

"They have orders to defend themselves, but I'd prefer it if they allowed the Rebellion to make a shot they couldn't simply explain away, though I have little doubt they'll try," the Imperial official muses.

"Ah. What of domestic issues in the Empire?"

Jendob shifts again. "Most of the Empire is peaceful, and happy. I mean, even under the old order, there were people who went their whole lives without seeing a Stormtrooper or hearing the scream of TIE Fighters over their heads. And I'd like to think we've enhanced that even more. But, even then, for all the good the old Empire did, it'll only be remembered for its sins: Alderaan, Corulag, Tarkin, the Death Stars... But we're on a new course now: one of helping our people, and the Galaxy at large. We can never undo the crimes of the old regime, but we also will not repeat them. I refuse to allow the Empire to be as it it is remembered under Palpatine: cruel, oppressive, and violent. We are a New Empire, one of peace, justice, order, and safety."

"A stirring speech, sir, but I'm afraid that's all the time we have. We appreciate your taking the time for this interview."

"My pleasure, Rojr," the other man smiles.

The screen changes back to Moor, now back in the studio. "We also had a brief conversation with Jendob's wife off camera, wherein she stated that she can "definitely see the changes from the Empire she signed up with, and the one she serves today."

Expand

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Mon, December 04th 2006 04:35pm    Post subject:

The war continues on, into its second day of active combat. Losses mount for the Rebellion as the Empire takes light casualties on Thyferra, and the fleet at Geonosis pulls back.

War correspondents that the Rebels continue to fight, though, promising for a long, bloody campaign in space and on the ground.

More after this word from our sponsors.

Expand

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Thu, December 28th 2006 01:39pm    Post subject:

A breaking news report: The Imperial Manufacturing Corporation has recalled all licenses and is demanding all companies with former-KDY, SFS, or child company plans cease production at once or face legal action. Reports indicate the Nespis Republic and Devaron Sovereignty have already agreed, but among those whose response hasn't been received includes the Phoenix Corporation and several others.

IMC states that they are deadly serious in this, and will not accept any compromise.

Expand

Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » In-Game Archive » Imperial News Network (INN)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: