}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Carida Jungles
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Carida » Carida Jungles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cameron Mitchell

Post Posted: Wed, November 01st 2006 10:42pm    Post subject: Carida Jungles

As Cameron sat in the cockpit of the RGM-79 SP Mobile Suit, he checked his sensors yet again. Still nothing. Opening a com on the encrypted frequency to the other two Mobile Suits in his unit, he said, "MacKenzie, take up a position in that dense forest four kilometers ahead. Donahue find a position two kilometers opposite of her, and hide. I don't want anyone seeing you until the time is right."

"Yes sir," said the two, as they ran off in the direction of the dense foliage. The trees would help hide them from visual, and weapons, and possibly some scanners. He had other plans, though.

Moving towards a cliff face off in the distance, he kept using his scanners, surveying the surrounding terrain. It was clear for 10 kilometers in every direction. When the forces that Command were going to send after them entered their section of the forest, they'd know it.

After a few minutes, he was at the cliff. Positioning himself against the surface, he triggered the launcher he had placed on the back of his suit. After a few seconds, the camo-net he had placed in there came down over his suit, blending his suit with the cliff.

After that, he shut down his sensors, and switched to passive. They were now set.
Thanates Scyntor
Corporal

Post Posted: Thu, November 02nd 2006 01:13pm    Post subject:

Colonel Brightman sat in the cockpit of a modified AT-PT, sitting in the middle of what might be considered a clearing in the middle of the Caridan jungle. Flanking him were two AT-STs, both with overlapping hemispheral scanning patterns, seatching for their newest addition to the mech corps. The Colonel's hands flexed against the pilot controls, eyes taking in the sensor readings.

"Initiate the war game. Captains Dexteros and Zim, start sending broad-spectrum EM waves. Captain Dibb, passive sonar sense protocols - look for anything metallic. Patrols, coordinate communications and transponder frequencies - if anything happens to any one of our mechs, converge in five-point a half-kilk radius. Execute."

The comm chimed with a chorus of affirmations, and sensor blips began to move in regular patterns, actively searching for the working prototype of the mech-suit.

"I do not forgive. Look into my eyes, and you will see only the promise of Hell."

~~~~~~~~~

Brent - Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing... how embarrassing. says:
DT-IVs are MY pets
Dj (VIII is begining to piss me off.) says:
SCREW YOUR PETS!
Supreme Moff Ams Jendob says:
Indeed.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cameron Mitchell

Post Posted: Sat, November 04th 2006 02:09am    Post subject:

There, thought Mitchell, as he watched his scanners. Multiple signatures. Over 10... Possibly 15 or more converging on their location. Frowning, he noted that they were slow.

Activating his comm, he said, "MacKenzie."

"Sir?"

"Activate your scope, and turn your head two degrees to the right. I need confirmation on these sensors."

"Checking now si... Confirmed. I spot multiple AT-STs, looks like they're moving in a standard search pattern."

"ST's? You sure?"

"Positive, sir."

"Decoys..."

"Seems like it, sir..."

Mitchell shut down the comm, and tapped his foot on the floor beneath him, careful to avoid the pedals that controlled the walking motion of the mech. Consciously putting a stop to the nervous habit of his, he activated the com again, taking his hands off of his controls for a brief moment to wipe the sweat from his forehead.

"Alright. They were so kind as to set this trap for us, I really don't think we should disappoint them...."

Taking a deep breathe, he activated the scope in the mech's head, and zoomed into the location he had indicated to MacKenzie. Scanning the area for anything she might've missed, he frowned. He saw something smaller over to the top of the trees. Something that only came to about half of the height of the AT-STs. Smileing, he activated his comm, and said, "They have PT's too, MacKenzie."

"Damn. Tricky bastards," she said, "Still... That's even less firepower, and those things don't move much faster, sir."

"I know. It's still a decoy for something. Probably something smaller... God knows they couldn't slip an AT-AT in on us... Alright, those AT-STs are 10 kilometers out. We're out of range of their guns by a few kilometers, so don't worry about cover, just concealment for the most part. Once we open fire, go to active scanners, and set for the full spectrum. What I'm worried about is heat, and motion. I don't want a squad of anti-armor sneaking up behind us."

"Haha, they'd crap their pants when they saw us," said Donahue.

Mitchell smiled, and said, "Alright MacKenzie, Donahue. I'm designating targets. A few seconds later, colored indicators appeared over the AT-ST's, and PTs that they could see. "MacKenzie, you're red. Donahue, blue. I'm green."

"Understood sir," came their voices in unison.

"On my mark... Three, two, one, mark!"

Pulling back his left lever, he smiled as his targeting reticule appeared over the AT-PT he spotted. As his finger hovered for a second over the trigger, he sighed, and more to himself than the two on the com, said, "Reach out and touch somebody..." A milisecond later, the muzzle of his 120mm Sniper Rifle flashed in a brilliant explosion, and a few seconds later, he visually confirmed a hit, as he engaged his active sensors, and began taking out his designated targets in unison with the other two.

Smiling to himself, he thought, Ten or so mechs for a decoy... If this was real, the egg-heads, and number-crunchers would not be happy...
Nebulax

Post Posted: Mon, November 06th 2006 03:02am    Post subject:

The helmet was really stuffy, Jack Nebulax sat on the pilot's seat of the Speeder Bike looking out at the already raging conflict.

Seconds after the AT-PTs exploded the Bike's sensors picked up three positive targets, "Gotcha," he smiled to himself. He activated the comm, calling to the remains of his mech units and commanding jungle stormtroopers, "Commanders and Mechanised Unit Pilots, I take it you've seen the active sensor origin?" Several seconds later the commanders and cavalry responded with the affirmative, "Good, lets assume they're hostiles shall we?"

Nebulax looked over the radar, he had a fair few mechanised units left, "I want three AT-STs to make their way in the general direction of the mechs, try not to get hit by their damned sniper fire." The designated units broke what little formation they had and began to move towards the mechs, "Try to be invisible visually but not to their sensors, the rest of you follow me."

Nebulax's Speeder Bike and the rest of their units turned to the south east and began trudging towards deeper, warmer jungle.

Last edited by Nebulax on Fri, November 17th 2006 02:58am; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
Cameron Mitchell

Post Posted: Thu, November 16th 2006 05:49pm    Post subject:

Nebulax, please either edit your post with the correct unit information, or assign someone else. I didn't get this character to have him go inactive because of one person.
Cameron Mitchell

Post Posted: Fri, November 17th 2006 03:36am    Post subject:

What in the hell, thought Cameron as he reviewed the formation of AT-ST's converging on their position several kilometers out. Opening a channel to MacKenzie, and Donahue, he said, "Are you two seeing this?"

"Yes sir," said MacKenzie, sounding hesitant. "What is their commander thinking?"

"I don't know, but he's got to be the dumbest commander I have ever seen. He's not even trying to flank, and if he is, he's doing a piss poor job of it, sir..."

"My thoughts exactly. Alright, spread out further, one kilometer out from each other, and fall back. We're heading to higher ground."

"Understood sir," said MacKenzie. A double click from Donahue's mic meant he acknowledged the order, but was distracted.

"Sir, heat, and motion sensors are picking up a group separate from the ST's. Moving fast. Those STs advancing on us are just diversions."

"Thought so," said Mitchell, as he sighted with his 120mm Sniper Rifle. "Do you two have a line on the other two ST's," he asked, noticing as he sighted in, the other two ST markers lit, indicating the others had painted them as targets.

"Yes sir," came both MacKenzie, and Donahue's reply.

A few seconds later, the sharp cracks of 120mm sniper fire reverberated through his cockpit, and the three STs were painted as dead.

Moving to target the approaching speeder bikes, his comm panel lit up. His eyes scanned the message. Swallowing, he narrowed his eyes. The spy would die here.

Opening tight beam communications with MacKenzie, and Donahue, he said, "Alright. Change in plans. This is now a live fire operation, and the commander of those forces has been classified as a priority target. He is to be killed, or captured."

"Reason, sir," asked MacKenzie.

"He's a spy."

"That bastard! I'll rip him a new as.." Cameron cut her off mid-tirade. "Save it. Let's just get him cornered."

"Yes sir," she said.

"Switch to live ammunition packs," said Mitchell, switching out the packs for both his 120mm rifle, and his 90mm Rifle.

Checking his sensors, he spotted the group not more than two km away. "Sight in around enemy location. Drop the trees in a circular pattern. They aren't going anywhere!"

"Yes sir," said the two in unison, as they closed the distance, running towards the area where the speeders were. Once Mitchell, and the other two reached optimum range, they opened fire on the surrounding foliage. Dropping the mass of trees around Nebulax's units, and creating a clear killing field for over several hundred yards.

"Surround the area," he said, as he relayed further orders. Nebulax was not leaving this forest alive.

Last edited by Cameron Mitchell on Fri, November 17th 2006 03:42am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Nebulax

Post Posted: Fri, November 17th 2006 04:28am    Post subject:

Nebulax slapped his helmet as the trees around his position began randomly blowing up, "D'oh. Trees..." He turned to a speeder pilot next to him as a bullet ripped through the pilot's helmet, exploding seconds later, sending bits of helmet and brains onto Nebulax's reasonably clean uniform. Seconds later a piece of helmet lodged itself within Nebulax's leg. He called over the comlink, "Operation is over, switch to live fire and contact High Command when that transport does it's trip. On my mark I want all remaining infantry to flank the mech units. Initiate." The stormtroopers appeared to scatter whilst actually moving into flanking positions within the warmth of the jungle.

Nebulax shook his head as the rounds kept comming, "Dark Troopers, lets get this show on the road. I want you to come up from the rear of the mechs any way you can. Scout pilots I need you to distract the traitorous mech pilots, try to trip them up with coordinated strikes to the legs if you can. Initiate."

Back to top »
Cameron Mitchell

Post Posted: Thu, November 30th 2006 06:29pm    Post subject:

As the three Mobile Suits surrounded the area where Nebulax, and his men were, Cameron couldn't help but feel that something was wrong. It just didn't feel right. But he didn't have time to dwell on it, as a few scout bikers made it out of the clearing, and were now coming towards him. Using the 90mm rifle, yet again, Cameron stitched the ground in front of them, creating a no-man's land of complete destruction.

He didn't want to kill these men, just spook them back. It wasn't their fault their commander was a traitor. Just as he was about to bring the fire closer to the bikes, his motion sensor beeped. Something had gotten within 100 meters of him without him seeing it. Taking a quick glance down at his sensor, he saw ten contacts coming in fast.

Spinning his suit around, he saw what they were, but wasn't surprised in the least. Dark Trooper Phase IIs. Opening fire with the 90mm rifle, he took out three of the machines, before they came too close for the rifle. Acting quickly, Cameron had his suit drop the rifle, and reach behind it, to grasp an enormous silver cylinder. Swinging the cylinder to the left, unactivated at first, Cameron pressed the activation switch on his controls, and smiled as a giant beam of light sprang from the beam-saber's housing. Swinging the saber to the right, he took out 5 of the DT-IIs in a single sweep. That only left the other two. Swinging again, Cameron cursed as he missed, and the machines went above him. Smiling, he raised his suit's head to look up, and watched as the DT-IIs descended towards him. Activating another weapon, he smiled as one of the DT-IIs was ripped to shreds by cannon fire from the mounted rotary cannons in the head.

Now there was only one, but he was now on the suit. Before the machine could do anything, Cameron used his suit's left arm, and grabbed the DT-II with incredible speed, and in a matter of seconds, crushed the small thing in the Suit's hand.

Now that only left Nebulax, and his speeder bikes. Turning back around, he sighted for the bikes, but couldn't find them. Donahue's voice issued over the comm, and said, "They bugged out when they saw the saber, sir. Haha, they're gonna be pissin' their pants all the way back to base!"

"Good. Surround Nebulax."

Cameron had already isolated the speeder bike that the orders were coming from, and the bike was still in the dense forest area they had fired around. It seems like Donahue had taken care of the few holes that the bikes had slipped through.

It was now over. Head-cannons still activated, Cameron sighted on the good General, and said over his comm to MacKenzie, "Do we have his frequency yet?"

"No sir, still working on it. It's highly encry... Got it!"

"Good, send me the codes."

"Done sir."

Punching in the frequency code, Cameron said, "This is Captain Cameron Mitchell to General Nebulax. You are under arrest for treason against the Empire. Come out now, or die." Keeping his finger resting on the trigger, Cameron waited for Nebulax's response.
Joseph Mitchell
Private

Post Posted: Thu, November 30th 2006 08:45pm    Post subject:

The thunderous footsteps from the Mobile Suits echoed as they all ran full speed towards the firefight between his brother's forces and this new General. There was one slight problem now, it had gone quiet.

Quiet usually meant one side was dead...

While they had been running through the jungle Joseph had ordered his artillery support units to take up a spotter position over on a nearby mountain. "Norris report, any visual contact?"

"Hold on sir, possible contact...confirmed repeat visual confirmation on Captain Mitchell's position. Multiple signs of combat, three Mobile Suits still online."

Joe sighed a sigh of relief, at least his little brother hadn't gotten killed and his other pilots were still alive. "Good job Captain Norris, have your team gauge the range and be prepared to use your targeting scanners to hit the opposing force with as much precision as you can muster...just in case."

"Aye sir" came the cold reply. Not far away on that high peak the three RGC-83s prepped their dual back mounted 240mm Turbolasers to fire.
Meanwhile Joe and his team trudged ahead through a swamp. Thanks to the efficient construction of the Mobile Suits they were completely waterproof...but that didn't mean it didn't slow them down.

Karen chimed in, "Sir incoming contacs, coming in fast and low!" Checking his scanner his fears were confirmed...and judging by the size of the sensor echo they were Dark Troopers. "Karen are their weapons hot?"

"Affirmative sir, enemy contacs moving towards us in attack vector. Weapons are hot and they are actively targetting us...they'll be in weapons range in one minute."

"They're no threat to us, proceed as normal to Cameron's position."
he said.
"Sir?" she inquired. "I have a little surprised for them Karen, not to worry." He typed in a series of commands into his comm unit and sent it in an encrypted signal to the cluster of contacts.

Karen chimed again "Sir, the group of Dark Troopers just stopped dead, what did you do?"
Joe smiled, "A little gift to the traitor General from Colonel General Scyntor...the Dark Trooper II overide codes."
Judging by her next response Karen seemed impressed.

Plodding ahead the sounds of gunfire were more evident. As they reached Cameron's position they noticed that the firefight was over. The three RX-79s stood tall in the small clearing with weapons raised and ready to fire at a moment's notice. Joe opened his comm to Cameron, "Cameron your ability to get into trouble wherever you go never ceases to amaze me. My team is ready to clean up any stragglers with Norris' team ready for pinpoint fire support."

"But before I go any further...what the hell happened here?"

Last edited by Joseph Mitchell on Thu, November 30th 2006 08:46pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Cameron Mitchell

Post Posted: Thu, November 30th 2006 09:04pm    Post subject:

"I received a message from HQ that Nebulax was a traitor, and a spy. He was then classified as a priority target to be killed, or captured. I then proceeded to switch to live fire rounds, and pin him in."

Cameron wondered if Joseph had come out because he felt he couldn't handle the task. Judging by the amount of Mobile Suits now on his sensors, that was probably the case.
Joseph Mitchell
Private

Post Posted: Thu, November 30th 2006 09:47pm    Post subject:

"Undertood Cameron, carry out the orders you were given. I'll expect a report from each of your team members tomorrow on the performance of the GM Snipers."
He thought for a second and added "You and your team performed well, this General was supposedly a badass and regardless of superior enemy numbers and strength, you took him down. Excellent job."

He then proceeded to give out rapid fire orders to Joshua and Sanders involving securing the area and moving in search and destroy patterns for any remaining enemy contact.

He cut the comm and began actively scanning the jungle for any remaining Dark Troopers to shut down. While he was searching he looked back at the group of Snipers and silently thought to himself, Not bad Cameron, not bad at all.

Last edited by Joseph Mitchell on Thu, November 30th 2006 09:48pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Nebulax

Post Posted: Wed, December 13th 2006 06:08am    Post subject:

Nebulax looked at the radar readout as his forces fell around him to lethal shots, "more of them... great." Then he did something he never thought he'd have to, "all forces. Signal unconditional surrender to the pilots of the Mechs. Save yourselves. It's me they want."

Nebulax then sped as fast as his bike could take him in a zig zag pattern away from the on coming mechs, hoping that High Command would read his signal soon.

Back to top »
Joseph Mitchell
Private

Post Posted: Thu, December 21st 2006 06:28am    Post subject:

No activity Dj?

Mitchell cursed as the traitor started to get away. "Joshua, you have him?"

He heard a slight laugh, "I got him" She took aim with the 79's Beam Rifle and fired a single shot. The beam didn't hit Nebulax directly but the shock of the blast was enough to knock him off course.

Opening his comm he spoke with a soft but firm voice, "General Nebulax, under the order of the Stormtrooper High Command you are now under arrest. You will come quietly or we will take you down. This is your only warning." Switching to a secure channel he spoke to his team, "Joshua take aim, he so much as moves an inch I want you to take him down. Sanders keep that launcher ready in case of any more DT surprises."

A pair of "Aye Sirs" came in loud and clear. Now all he had to do was wait for his reply, marching closer in his Mobile Suit he must have looked intimidating. An 18 meter high humanoid mech with glowing red eyes and enough firepower to make 4 AT-ATs jealous.

Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Carida » Carida Jungles
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: