}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Reclamation Contest: Mitth'raw'nuruodo
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Assessment Room » Reclamation Contest: Mitth'raw'nuruodo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nevin Antilles
CMAC Webmaster

Post Posted: Tue, October 10th 2006 11:04pm    Post subject: Reclamation Contest: Mitth'raw'nuruodo

Read the rules first!!!

Character Name: Mitth'raw'nuruodo (Thrawn)
Character Faction: Galactic Empire
Previous player: Xaph
Reason for repossession: Community complaints and inaccurate portrayal of character motives

Requirements: None
Page range: A4, 4-9 pages. One line of whitespace between paragraphs.
Notes:

Thrawn is a brilliant tactician, but he is also an artist. As a highly intelligent fleet commander, his rank in the Empire is currently Grand Admiral.

We expect this character to be portrayed as he was in canon. He is creative in achieving his goals. The participant should have adequete knowledge of Thrawn's mannerisms and also his motives.

Setting:

The story takes place during a fictional battle within the bounds of The Thrawn Trilogy (Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising, The Last Command). Grand Admiral Thrawn's forces are besieging the New Republic world of Metellos. The forces at the planet are strong, and planetary shields are operational. Thrawn's forces consist of:

ISD Chimaera
ISD Inexorable
ISD Judicator
ISD Nemesis
ISD Stormhawk
VSD-I Adamant
VSD-I Crusader
Interdictor Cruiser Constrainer
Interdictor Cruiser Rampart
Interdictor Cruiser Sentinel
30 Dreadnaughts
52 Carrack Cruisers
20 Lancer Frigates

and the Republic forces consist of:

MC90 Defiant
MC90 Freedom
MC90 Klabautermann
MC80 Liberty II
MC80 Justice
MC80 Salvation
MC80 Rebellion
MC80 Vornskyr
MC80 Badger
MC40 Mushroom
MC40 Liberator
25 Nebulon-B Frigates
20 Corellian Gunships
30 CR90 Corvettes

The attack was a surprise, and Thrawn's objective is to render the enemy fleet useless or destroyed. Thrawn must then bring the planet under Imperial control. Captain Pellaeon nor Thrawn may perish.

Last edited by Nevin Antilles on Tue, October 10th 2006 11:19pm; edited 3 times in total
 Back to top »
Nubis Serin
Thread Killer

Post Posted: Wed, October 18th 2006 10:50pm    Post subject:

EDIT: Please delete.

Last edited by Nubis Serin on Thu, October 19th 2006 11:41pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Gilad Pellaeon

Post Posted: Thu, October 19th 2006 08:27am    Post subject:

I changed my application to Gilad Pelleaon so you can let him have Thrawn.
 Back to top »
Nubis Serin
Thread Killer

Post Posted: Thu, October 19th 2006 11:42pm    Post subject:

Alias: James

Why I want to play this character: I’ve been playing Thrawn for years - including a stint as our Chiss friend in VII. I believe I can return the character to his true nature and offer people a chance to roleplay with a traditional, genuine Grand Admiral Thrawn. Does it hurt to mention I actually named my computer Thrawn? Or that I cosplay as Thrawn with the 501st Legion (do an image search for “Thrawn“ on google and I show up on the sixth page)?

Where I plan to take this character: Grand Admiral Thrawn is arguably the most popular expanded universe character. I intend to return Thrawn to that status here in VIII by getting him involved in unique situations and possibly some of my famous intrigue. As a bonus, the Empire could really use his intelligence. Just kidding, my Imperial friends.

-------Preface--------------------------------------

Thrawn’s plan for the Metellos engagement was tactical genius typical only of Thrawn. Since his days in the Chiss Expansionary Defense Fleet, Thrawn had a cunning way of being a step ahead of his adversaries. Metellos would be no different. What would later become known as the Thrawn Pincher, half of his forces would engage the enemy at the onset of the battle. The interdictors would engage their gravity wells, locking the enemy forces in the system. Once that phase of the plan had been initiated, the second half of the task force would come in from behind the enemy after a micro jump from a nearby system. Simple, but unspeakable.

However, the objective wasn’t just devastation of the enemy forces. There would be no point to victory of the Empire didn’t make a territorial gain. Metellos was for the picking and Thrawn had every intention of adding another dot to the map. It was also his first real chance to test himself.

Mitth’raw’nuruodo was known as a calculating fellow. Akin to playing holo-chess with himself, it was speculated that Thrawn could recreate engagements in his mind by playing both sides. It made those around him wonder if Thrawn wasn’t omniscient.

-------Submission---------------------------------

“History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. Those who stand in our way won’t watch at all,” he casually, but coolly remarked to Pellaeon at his side. Indeed, the tide of conflict was changing. Since taking the reins of the Imperial Remnant on his return from the Unknown Regions, Grand Admiral Thrawn had single-handedly swept the galaxy into a nervous furor. The days of idle banter among the Council of Moffs had come to an end and a new era was taking shape.

Metellos was just a stepping stone.

Thrawn’s red eyes gazed across the dimly lit room slowly. The various holo-images spinning idly around his command chair already painted the picture of victory. A victory, Thrawn calculated, that would give the Empire the momentum it needed to carry it’s war to Corsucant’s doorstep. “Captain, send word to Task Force Gamma that we will be arriving in the Metellos system within the hour. I want confirmation of their position before we engage. It is also crucial, Captain, that our two special cruisers are operating as instructed.”

The graying man nodded and spun on his heels to return to the bridge. Thrawn’s confidant, Captain Pellaeon, was a man well-respected among the Imperial Remnant. He was just as cunning and dedicated to the cause as Thrawn was and he was also a person Thrawn could trust. The two had built a close kinship since he was called upon him to serve as the Grand Admiral’s executive officer. It was a match of minds which would come close to destroying the rebellion once and for all.

With his mind focused on running a simulation of the tactics planned, Thrawn spent their final hour before battle seated quietly on his command chair. To any normal crewman, the sight of the blue-skinned, red-eyed alien in the dark room with reflections of art and strategy splayed across his face would have shocked them to the very core of their being. It was such a reputation which made Thrawn’s followers some of the most loyal in all Imperial history. Perhaps it helped that Thrawn’s personal Noghri bodyguard Rukh was always close at hand in the shadows to do the Grand Admiral’s bidding.

In a dazzling flash of star lines and blue clouds, Thrawn’s immediate task force exited hyperspace in the Metellos system exactly where he intended to be. With his command ships in-line surrounded by two lines of close support and picket ships on either side, it seemed the element of surprise was duly on the Grand Admiral’s shoulders. “Captain, signal the cruisers to enter the Metellos atmosphere on my mark.” There was a chaotic moment of silence amidst the klaxons and red lights. On the bridge, crewmen were busy plotting targeting points, vectors, orbits, and maneuvers while Captain Pellaeon barked orders. “Mark!”

From Thrawn’s port-side picket line, two unassuming carrack cruisers slipped silently beyond the point of Metellos’ planetary shield. What made the two cruisers special was that they were completely and utterly invisible. Not a single hint of light came from either of them as they chugged their way into the atmosphere just under the point at which the planetary shields would converge.

Cloaking technology was one of Thrawn‘s fortunate finds at the Emperor‘s storehouse on Wayland. And after a successful test at Sluis Van Shipyards, Thrawn was eager to see what the technology could do in a larger scope of battle. He had pressed crews into working longer shifts, making sure the cloaking devices would be ready for the Battle of Metellos. It seemed as if the work paid off.

A crewman chirped up from his console, “Admiral, the cruisers are reporting successful insertion into the atmosphere. Standing by for further orders.”

Thrawn nodded down to the crewman in the pit, the faintest hint of a smile from his blue lips. “Excellent. Now watch, Captain. They will raise their shields, fully expecting them to protect themselves from our turbo laser fire. I intend to bring that sense of security to a close,” he pressed a few buttons on his command chair - the first commands of the actual engagement. “Move the task force in to engage. Have the Interdictors bring up their gravity wells.”

The captain nodded, turned on his heels, and proceeded to issue the orders. Thrawn remained transfixed on his readouts, carefully scanning each report for any sign of a lapse in his strategy. At the moment, everything was as he intended it. Metellos sent out waves of fighters which were quickly met by Thrawn own fighters and picket defenses. Laser fire darted out in all directions with the occasional explosion from a nearby fighter. The massive Star Destroyers took up their positions for support, blasting away at the heavier rebel ships while the Chimaera took its position near orbit of Metellos. And as expected, the Metellos fleet of Mon Calamari cruisers, republic frigates, gunships, and corvettes went straight for the Chimaera and it’s surrounding support ships.

Thrawn waved a white-gloved hand at Pellaeon. “Execute the next phase, Captain. Task Force Gamma is to engage the rebel fleet from behind.” Exactly as the enemy fleet had arrived in range, the gravity wells from the Interdictor cruisers had come online. It was an act of timing only Thrawn could execute. Had it been a moment too early or too late, the enemy fleet would have been alerted to the tactic and steered clear, bringing the battle to the edge of the system. But Thrawn now had them exactly where he wanted them.

The battle above Metellos raged on. The enemy fleet of MC90s and MC80s had finally engaged with Thrawn’s command line, eager to take out the Chimaera before it arrived in orbit of Metellos. The Nemesis took the brunt of the counter-attack however, having already lost its tractor beams, support fighters, and half of its turbo laser batteries. It was of no concern to Thrawn, who knew exactly how the battle would unfold. They would be the only casualties on the Imperial side.

“Captain, signal the cruisers. They are to time their fire exactly with our’s. There is no room for error.” His red eyes locked onto the forward view ports, scanning the atmosphere of Metellos where the cruisers supposedly were. Thrawn received confirmation and nodded to the captain. “Fire when ready.”

The Chimaera’s emerald turbo lasers lanced out, hitting the shields exactly as expected, but unexpected to the people of Metellos, it appeared the laser fired right through, hitting military targets on the surface. It must have been a completely stunning sight to see planetary shields being penetrated in such a manner, but what they didn’t know was that it was a perfectly executed deception. Instead of wasting an attack, Thrawn’s cunning plan made it so that at the exact moment the Chimaera fired, the cruisers beyond the shield would fire along the same trajectory, giving the appearance that the Imperial ship had somehow fired through the shields.

“Admiral, we have successfully taken out their land reinforcements by destroying most of their military sectors.” Pellaeon turned around, unsure how Thrawn had managed to pull off such a complicated stunt.

“Do nothing for the moment, Captain. Just watch,” Thrawn replied icily, looking up slowly to view a holographic work of art. It was a painted vase of Metellos origin - delicately hand-crafted from clay found deep within the crust of the main continent. To the uneducated viewer, it appeared to be nothing more than a typical work of art. To Mitth’raw’nuruodo, it was insight into the minds of the people of Metellos.

His eyes licked across the surface of the image, picking up every minute detail. The flow of color, the intricate pattern of fingerprints which had been left behind before it was baked, and the delicate curves which seemed to taunt him into understanding. “When you understand a species art, Captain,” he said rather quietly. “You understand the species.”

For all the time he had spent in command of Thrawn’s flagship, Pellaeon always seemed surprised. Thrawn had a habit of pulling a victory out of nowhere and usually did so with minimal assets. Whereas in the old days of the Empire, vast fleets of capital ships would have been used to engage even the smallest of threats, Thrawn made the best of every ship and soldier - never wasting. “Yes, sir.”

And just as the battle commenced, the Metellos forces ceased fire. There was a long moment of silence as pieces of star fighters and the occasional chunk of debris from a rebel cruiser drifted by. Pellaeon turned around with a surprised smile. “Admiral, the government of Metellos has offered their surrender. It appears the engagement was resolved, sir.”

Thrawn stood up from his chair, clasped his arms behind his back, and walked slowly down the command walkway. There, he gazed out at the swirling surface of Metellos, casually imagining the two hidden cruisers somewhere under the shields. “Very well. Prepare a shuttle. We’ll meet with their representatives personally,” he commanded, not bothering to turn around from his perfect view. He could just make out the Metellos fleet circling back to regroup and begin their repair efforts.

A few moments later, Thrawn and Pellaeon stepped off the ramp of the shuttle which had carried them down from the Chimaera. The smell of 900 million people, industries, speeders, and decay wafted past his nose. It reminded him very much of Coruscant and the stale breezes that would greet him upon arrival on the core world. “Greetings, Ambassador,” he offered, walking down the black carpet which had been laid out for his arrival. “My name is Grand Admiral Thrawn. I‘m here to negotiate your surrender to the Galactic Empire.”

It was a simple victory which could have resulted in heavy losses for the Empire had it not been for Thrawn’s clever strategy. It turned out that once the people of Metellos witnessed Thrawn’s ability to “pierce their shields,” they saw no option other than to surrender before they suffered severe casualties.
 Back to top »
Nevin Antilles
CMAC Webmaster

Post Posted: Thu, November 09th 2006 08:41am    Post subject:

Congratulations, Derek, you have won the contest! :D (this was supposed to be told weeks ago, but apparently nothing happens if I go on vacation. :p) We'll be providing you with access information soon.
Thread Killer

Post Posted: Mon, November 20th 2006 12:56pm    Post subject:

Hmph. Like I said, winning by default does nothing for my ego. Shame on you all for not trying. Shame on you. Alas, I accept gratefully and now that I'm pretty much finished with Nubis for the moment (bored of him like a new pony), Thrawn will be a nice refresher.

So I await that access information.

Cheers.
 Back to top »
Thrawn
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Tue, November 21st 2006 11:24am    Post subject:

I have to admit that seeing Nubis' post from this account is pretty awesome. Yes, I know, but I'm not used to having two accounts on a board and this will be the only time it happens ...

[narrows eyes]

... last time. Anyway, Ams got me set up, Cray. Thanks.
 Back to top »
Ar'alani
Staff Sergeant

Post Posted: Tue, November 21st 2006 11:40am    Post subject:

Quote:
Yes, I know, but I'm not used to having two accounts on a board

*raises hand* Me. All the time. :P

Personal Assets:
50,349,629 Credits
-27,815 credits per Week
Modified CR90 Prowler
Weapons/Munitions Cache

"Nah, Shy's too good-looking to be Kerrigan." -Ams
"LOL. You had me going there for a minute." -Jace
*STAB* -Ams

"You guys are frakked up. I love you all." -Ams

"I present thee with thy Amulet of Lool*.
*Grants the user +10 Humor. Results may vary." -Jace
"Maybe if you had worn it, that joke would had been funny. :P" -Xaph

"And out of the ground the Lord God made every tree grow that is pleasant to the sight and good for food. The tree of life was also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil."
-Genesis 2:9

LONG LIVE DSCHINGHIS KHAN!
 Back to top »
Thrawn
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Tue, November 21st 2006 11:53am    Post subject:

Well, I'm a little ways from settled. Can I be briefed on what has happened to Thrawn since I last used him? Information like where he is now, what he's done there, etc? I'd read through all of the posts, but it's just easier if someone rehashes a simple explanation for me. Thanks!
 Back to top »
Jahan Stresemann
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Tue, November 21st 2006 11:53am    Post subject:

I'll participate, Nubes, if it'll make you feel good about yourself!

"o no sir the rebles are here at metlles" said captian pelleaaaon.

"not to worri" said thrawn "iv got a plan"

thrawns plan was gud and the rebles blue up. his plan were that his ships fire lazers at teh rebels. teh rebles were sad :(

I realised it's not up to my usual astronomical standards... :P

Last edited by Jahan Stresemann on Tue, November 21st 2006 11:56am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Trassk
Staff Sergeant

Post Posted: Tue, November 21st 2006 12:29pm    Post subject:

no thrawn didn't blue ^ th rebls he fired a supershot gunzor tha7 blu up the plant ad sved the galxy from desrtucoin. :P
-1,165,126 Per Week

"If Godzilla had a gun..."
–Jase Denora

"THE SHARK'S NOT WORKING!"
-Random person working on JAWS

"Beavers and ducks!"
-Some guy on BANDITS.

"I should face my fears by leaping off a roof?"
-Jace

One Trandoshan's a problem. Two is a fight. Three is suicide.
 Back to top »
Thrawn
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Tue, November 21st 2006 02:16pm    Post subject:

You guys totally would have won ...

[frowns]

Last edited by Thrawn on Tue, November 21st 2006 02:17pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Jahan Stresemann
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Tue, November 21st 2006 02:26pm    Post subject:

wee kno, lol
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Tue, November 21st 2006 02:38pm    Post subject:

...You scare me. :p

Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segments, Director of Imperial Intelligence
Expand

Galaxy Map|Board and RPG Rules|Game Guide

"The Preying Mantis often sizes up a potential mate while wearing too much eyeliner..." - Velora

"You are so cool, you make James Bond proud..." - My Dad... sarcastically. Don't try to juggle cutlery. :p
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jahan Stresemann
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Tue, November 21st 2006 02:42pm    Post subject:

stop bein gay asm. its gay. lol lol lol i called some1 gay that means im clevar
 Back to top »
Ar'alani
Staff Sergeant

Post Posted: Tue, November 21st 2006 03:53pm    Post subject:

yah, 1t do3s.

t1m3 4 1337sp3ak!!! :P

Personal Assets:
50,349,629 Credits
-27,815 credits per Week
Modified CR90 Prowler
Weapons/Munitions Cache

"Nah, Shy's too good-looking to be Kerrigan." -Ams
"LOL. You had me going there for a minute." -Jace
*STAB* -Ams

"You guys are frakked up. I love you all." -Ams

"I present thee with thy Amulet of Lool*.
*Grants the user +10 Humor. Results may vary." -Jace
"Maybe if you had worn it, that joke would had been funny. :P" -Xaph

"And out of the ground the Lord God made every tree grow that is pleasant to the sight and good for food. The tree of life was also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil."
-Genesis 2:9

LONG LIVE DSCHINGHIS KHAN!
 Back to top »
Thrawn
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Tue, November 21st 2006 10:02pm    Post subject:

I made an interesting discovery ...

There are no game-board, in-character posts for Thrawn. Interesting, ne? So what has happened? Has he just been a floating NPC?

Anyone?

Bueller?

Frye?
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Tue, November 21st 2006 10:58pm    Post subject:

More or less... O_o

Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segments, Director of Imperial Intelligence
Expand

Galaxy Map|Board and RPG Rules|Game Guide

"The Preying Mantis often sizes up a potential mate while wearing too much eyeliner..." - Velora

"You are so cool, you make James Bond proud..." - My Dad... sarcastically. Don't try to juggle cutlery. :p
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Darth Vader
Sergeant

Post Posted: Tue, November 21st 2006 11:55pm    Post subject:

Yeah...I'm not even sure what he was doing...

Darth Vader, Galactic Emperor

Vader's kittens
Expand

Expand

Expand

DARTH VADER
Muahaha! Here I am! Aren't I just
generally intimidating as hell?
 Back to top »
Xaph
Cadet

Post Posted: Wed, November 22nd 2006 03:14am    Post subject:

Trying to get stuff apporved by Ams, which never works, and then trying to argue my way back into the chharacter that was unfairly taken from me. So shutup.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Assessment Room » Reclamation Contest: Mitth'raw'nuruodo
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: