}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Battle: Thanates Scyntor V. Xaph
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Assessment Room » Battle: Thanates Scyntor V. Xaph
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thanates Scyntor
Corporal

Post Posted: Wed, November 01st 2006 04:35pm    Post subject: Battle: Thanates Scyntor V. Xaph

Combattants:
    Protagonist: Xaph
    Antagonist: Thanates Scyntor
Weapons: Standard Armaments

"I do not forgive. Look into my eyes, and you will see only the promise of Hell."

~~~~~~~~~

Brent - Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing... how embarrassing. says:
DT-IVs are MY pets
Dj (VIII is begining to piss me off.) says:
SCREW YOUR PETS!
Supreme Moff Ams Jendob says:
Indeed.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kel
Corporal

Post Posted: Wed, November 01st 2006 07:12pm    Post subject:

Can we make a betting game out of this? Cause if we can, I bet 500,000,000 credits on Xaph. :P

• Imperator of the Chiss Imperium

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito

Xaph/Kel Chat - Chiss Problems

Xaph -=- STEVE IRWIN RIP said:
No big plagues?
Major invasions?
New STD's?
Tyler said:
bbl
Ah
And this, bbl...
is it dangerous?
 Back to top »
Xaph
Cadet

Post Posted: Thu, November 02nd 2006 06:18pm    Post subject:

Wow, even I'm not that confident in myself.

Dead Geonosians littered the floor of the Battle Arena’s control room, and the arena's cavernous stands were bare. Xaph Ianion kicked his way through the control room to come to a terminal clearly built to please an alien mind. He poked a few buttons, not getting any positive result, and drew his blaster and shot twice into the display, and as the durasteel plating began to smoke and curl, the gates to the sand-pit below opened.

Xaph smiled beneath his mask as he turned to face a security display behind him, showing Scyntor walking through seemingly endless corridors. A shame the droid factory wasn’t still operational—it would have been a nice surprise for the Imperial agent. Still, Xaph packed more than enough weaponry to show off to a few droids. He began to make his way down to the arena floor, where the Geonosians had left rocks scattered around as some form of cover for their gladiatorial matches. That one across from the gate looked like the perfect place to set-up.

As Xaph hit the floor, he began to unpack the standard-issue sniper rifle he had brought along for the trip.
Thanates Scyntor
Corporal

Post Posted: Thu, November 02nd 2006 06:29pm    Post subject:

Colonel-General Thanates Scyntor, of the Imperial Stormtrooper Corps, was already waiting for the Imperial-trained Falleen. Perched atop the Arena walls, he stood in a sniper position, wearing a full suit of Storm Commando armor. A smile creased his lips beneath the sleek helm as he hefted an AXM-50 blaster rifle.

This trap had been laid specifically for Xaph - the miniscule holographic transmitters showing the Colonel-General wanding seemingly aimlessly through the now-famous halls of the catacombs. It had given Scyntor enough time to find his vantage and prepare for the pursuer's arrival, as well as lay a few other surprises.

He leveled the crosshairs and exhaled slowly, letting the hairs steady, before unleashing a single bolt at Xaph. The bolt was not designed to hit the man, but the rifle he was assembling. The crimson bolt impacted the tibanna gas weapon charge, detonating the sniper rifle's power supply and shredding the body of it to pieces, as well as causing Xaph a little bit of armor damage.

Not to mention the bruise to the ego the Falleen would experience.

"I do not forgive. Look into my eyes, and you will see only the promise of Hell."

~~~~~~~~~

Brent - Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has. How embarrassing... how embarrassing. says:
DT-IVs are MY pets
SCREW YOUR PETS!
Indeed.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Xaph
Cadet

Post Posted: Fri, November 03rd 2006 08:31am    Post subject:

“Sithspawn!”

Xaph threw the partially assembled rifle to the ground as the energy bolt ripped through the power pack, rupturing it and causing it to explode. A high-powered sniper rifle like that let off quite an explosion, and Xaph knew without looking that his armored gloves would be charred with carbon scorings.

But the Imperial made the mistake—he was being too showy. He thought it would be a good idea to show off to Xaph, play games with him. The mistake was that he had given away his position, and with the Imperial rifle reloading times as they were, factor in Scyntor’s blisteringly obvious training, Xaph probably had around a second and a half to react. If he was lucky. But for a Force Sensitive Falleen Bounty Hunter who had extensive Echani training with an Imperial Soverign Protector, that would be enough.

Xaph ignored the scattered pieces of rifle now—he didn’t know how the Imperial agent had snuck up on him like that, but he was in no position to assemble the rifle in time to fire on Scyntor. Instead, he went for his old favorite, and swung his arm in a wide arc, using the force to pull a trigger concealed in the forearm of his armor, which ejected four metal discs at high speed in Scyntor’s general direction. Aided through the Force, these would have a chance of hitting, although Xaph wouldn’t have a chance to see as he dived under the rock he was setting up on a moment ago. There was an ample amount of cover here as the rock curled over him, covering him from any attacks that may be launched. He drew his Assault Rifle from it’s strap on his back and started using some of the most basic Force techniques he had been taught. He stretched out his consciousness to extend to the stands, searching in the direction that Scyntor had shot from, looking for life, panic, danger, anything.
Thanates Scyntor
Corporal

Post Posted: Fri, November 03rd 2006 08:13pm    Post subject:

Working only with the cold and calculating skill of the old Clone Commandos of the Clone Wars, he rolled to the side after firing his shot, diving behind the cover of an arena barricade to avoid the hail of blasterfire coming from the Falleen. The downside to the training that Xaph had received, was that the bounty hunter had become too confident in his skills, and Scyntor was prepared to use that to his advantage.

The same way he had used it to his advantage during his spars with Jax.

His mind a black void of emotion and concious intent, he made his way around and down the arena, placing obstacles between himself and Xaph, all the while firing pinpoint shots to weaken the pillars he had hidden himself behind, always in motion to make his Force signature more difficult to follow. His combat-trained mind kept him carefully focused on the most abstract of details, and largely left his main intent obscured in the face of overwhelming minute details.

He finally paused close to the Arena floor, taking cover with the retaining wall that kept the stands seperate from the executions. Another two blazingly accurate bolts from the AXM-50 rifle knocked 50 percent of the column width away from it, leaving the pillar dangerously balanced, and poised above Xaph's head.

~~~~~~~~~

DT-IVs are MY pets
SCREW YOUR PETS!
Indeed.

Last edited by Thanates Scyntor on Sat, November 04th 2006 02:51pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Por’El Dal’yth
Private

Post Posted: Sat, November 04th 2006 11:41am    Post subject:

So you're saying that Xaph can't sense danger towards himself? And he can't tell where blaster bolts are coming from?
Carnor Jax
ECP Member/Faction Lieutenant

Post Posted: Sat, November 04th 2006 11:45am    Post subject:

Not if those are the only things Xaph is trying to sense. Scyntor is like the Clones - all he has is his duty. No sense of self-preservation, no fear in the face of combat. He is alive, certainly, but he is trained in dealing with Force-Sensitives (He also trained on Yinchorr)

"Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Expand

"I gained [my votes] through "legal" means (read: bribes and threats)."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Por’El Dal’yth
Private

Post Posted: Sat, November 04th 2006 02:45pm    Post subject:

But the danger doesn't come from Scyntor, it comes from the blaster bolts being fired towards Xaph.
Tiara Tranada
Lieutenant Commander

Post Posted: Sun, November 05th 2006 04:38am    Post subject:

Xaph would be able to sense danger, but not that of individual blaster bolts unless Scyntor's thoughts betray what he is thinking. Besides, he would have been sensing danger since the very start of the fight...

Colonel Tiara Tranada
Agent Stentax 666

Back to top »
Luke Skywalker
CMAC Associate

Post Posted: Sun, November 05th 2006 09:07am    Post subject:

The Dark Side clouds everything :P
It would be hard to locate each individual blaster bolt at the speeds they're going in time to do anything useful.

And Jax is right, Thanates is trained enough to avoid letting his thoughts betray his actions and intents to a person of Xaph's Force training, even Kyle would have considerable trouble.

Cadet

Post Posted: Sun, November 05th 2006 12:21pm    Post subject:

Xaph isn't supposed to sense Scyntor. He's doing exactly what Luke does in ANH with the training dummy: searching for a direction of the shots so he knows where they're coming from.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Assessment Room » Battle: Thanates Scyntor V. Xaph
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: