}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Thrawn's reclamation contest?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Questions and Suggestions » Thrawn's reclamation contest?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thrawn
Lance Corporal

Post Posted: Sat, October 14th 2006 05:25am    Post subject:

Quote:
Except in the most extreme of godmodding cases, to initiate a process to begin a character reclamation, CMAC will open a poll thread (either of its own accord or perhaps on community complaints). It'll stay open for 2 weeks, allwoing all users to voice their opinion on the matter. Everyone must also post in addition to voting in that thread. There could be cheating otherwise.

This never happened. Bam, immediate contest.

And not to mention, do you ban people straight out? No, you give them a warning. A warning I never recieved.

Quote:
Funny, I recall myself and other admins telling you to try developing the character before... I guess those logs must be in error.

And that's as specific as you got? That's ONE suggestion. And I never got any ships, any orders, I din't know what planet I was on, FFS, Xaph wasn't even an Imperial Citizen.

Quote:
However, as I said above, you don't have to constantly be smashing into Geonosis. Wink You could try developing the character. Also, the fact that you had access to the boards before and after your Internet access was removed, and yet you did nothing until the war was in full swing also makes you suspect. Furthermore, Thrawn understands the chain of command... you apparently don't, since my orders were in-character, and yet you still tried to circumvent me, first in the Imperial forums and now here, trying to make yourself seem like a victim.

Xaph, yes, IC wants to pursue the vendetta. OOC, it seems to be the most convienient way for me to do something. And you NEVER gave me orders. IC, I VOLUNTEERED Thrawn's services.

Quote:
Then start quoting the books and give your reasons... all I've seen is attacks against the admins and myself. We're waiting...

Well, I'm hardly about to post them on one of the public forums, and you don't respond to PM's, and of course, you've got your new MSN address, so it's pretty hard to do.

Quote:
Correction: invading the planet of your enemy was dismissed because plans were already underway, and they don't include "looting" as you put it. And where are these statements and their support, Xaph? WHERE?

I put looting in quotation marks in the actual post, this means that it wasn't a straight out remark. Secondly, what's your problem with this? You seem to be using ONE mis-use of a word as a reason to take my character away with NO warning, NO poll, and NO COMMUNITY complaints.

Quote:
So, who are you really telling the truth to?

For about a month, I was extremely active, because I had a constant broadband connection. Still, I had nothing to do. So, I then lsot ANY kind of connection. When I came back, I WANTED TO KNOW if there was fighting or not. The fact that Xaph has been trained by the Empire, yet NOT given any sort of Imperial Designation or anything was confusing, and noone seemed to want to help.

Quote:
Guess what? MAKE something to do. Ams doesn't need to tell you when you eat lunch, what happened while you were eating lunch, what interactions you have...

It's hard when I don't know anything about what is happening to him. He's an Imperial Grand Admiral, and anything I did would most likely have been wrong. So, I ask Ams anything to do, boom, vendetta. Nothing. I didn't know what I COULD do with him.

Quote:
there's also, *drum roll*, PRIVATE MESSAGES!

On average, Ams responds once to every three PM's I send.

Quote:
I'd actually say when your only IC actions are with Ams, you aren't really playing the character at all.

My only IC actions were an attempt to be able to MAKE other ones.

Quote:
I still wish you luck in the competition if you so choose to participate.

I still think the competition is wrong, and I won't be participating. I wish you the best of luck. And an insult is something you say to hurt other people, which I wasn't trying to do. You acted like a jackass. I told you to stop. Sorry.

What I'm trying to say is this:

1. The contest should never have happened. I made ONE mis-use of ONE word, which even I put into quotation marks. This was interpeted by AMS as community complaints. Why was I not WARNED before the contest started? And why was I not TOLD it started? I could very easily have lost Thrawn without ever knowing that he was gone. I only found out about it because I clicked the wrong link: not ONE member of CMAC told me it had happened.

2. Since I started in the RPG, I have been told by CMAC (mainly Ams) to do my own thing, but every time I do, it's seen as a vendetta. Not to mention that it's an In-Character vendetta, which as a BOUNTY HUNTER, I would imagine it would be the thing he would want to do. However, CMAC have seen this IN-CHARACTER action to be something wrong with me OOC.

3. I will not be pursuing Thrawn. Firstly because I think this competition is wrong, secondly because I want to be able to start my OWN storylines, and not have Ams dump on me on a later date. I wanted to form my own faction and GIVE UP Thrawn should needs be, as I couldn't stand him stagnating. Hopefully now that Nubis (who you've all said you love, and who seems to be well-respected) will get him, he will know what to do. I, however, don't, and anytime I would ask CMAC how to do something, I was told to do it myself.

4. This brings me to three points:

a) Despite my having a logical reasoning behind my actions, I was thrown out of my character for ONE mis-use of a word. I CAN back this up, but I don't think that anyone will listen, so I won't.

b) CMAC doesn't seem to realize that it's a hard RPG. I mean, you go on about your Battlesystem and everything, but I'm talking about getting into this RPG. When I started, Xaph was an Imperial Security Officer. After around 2 months of not getting any rank whatsoever, I decided to switch to a Bounty Hunter. Then, disillusioned, I joined the Imps again, something I did a LONG time ago, and STILL don't have an Imperial Designation. So, I decided (as this is a fleet-based RPG), to get an Admiral character. However, when I did, I was just told that I would be doing paper-work. This is a quote from Ams. I tried to find out if I had any ships, anything. I then decided that, if I couldn't depend on any other Imperial characters, I would have my two work together. This was out of OOC NESSECITY, as I couldn't remin in contact with Ams, but he somehow saw it as Godmodding. My plan can easily be backed up by the Thrawn Trilogy, but Ams doesn't seem to listen to that.

c) I now think that I won't be able to start up the new faction I have planned. After this, CMAC will undoubtedly hold a grudge against me. The fact that they didn't warn or tell me about the contest already shows there is some bad blood for whatever reason. If possible, I'd just like to abandon Thrawn at this stage and leave to do my own plans, which I worked hard on. I want to do this so that I won't need to depend on Ams like I already do, and so that I can get into the MAIN parts of VIII. Perhaps if I don't work for anybody, people will actually start to like me. I'm still going to send the background for my new faction to CMAC, and I'd like to formally give up Thrawn now. Even though I waited a very long time for him, I just don't think it's worth it now. The ball's in CMAC's court.

In conclusion, I would like to apologise to Nubis for calling him a jackass. Wether I was right or wrong in meaning, I was definetly wrong in saying it. I would like to tell CMAC that I have two problems with their system. The first would be that I don't think I deserved being ousted from my character, especially without warning. Even the polls you said would happen didn't. The second would be that I do think that, even without a warning, I should have been made aware of the contest, wether through PM or MSN. I've talked to two out of three of you since that thread went up, and I don't think it was fair that you didn't tell me. In fact, I talked to Nevin ABOUT my Thrawn username, and he somehow forgot to tell me. I'm giving Thrawn up, and I'm sending you my plans for a new faction. I've put alot of work into it, and I have two other people interested in joining it. My only fear is that, when submitting designs, I will need help and you guys won't want to. Hopefully you can just ignore everything I've done wrong in the past, and like me, move on.
 Back to top »
Luke Skywalker
CMAC Associate

Post Posted: Sat, October 14th 2006 10:04am    Post subject:

Xaph, it's simple. CMAC have ruled, this isn't the supreme court, this is their game, there is no appeal. You screwed up now you have to face up to it.
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Sat, October 14th 2006 10:14am    Post subject:

I support Xaph in his decision to make a new faction, or whatever he wants. This game is, after all, about having fun. Isn't it?

Holder of the 35,000th post

Expand
 Back to top »
Nubis Serin
Thread Killer

Post Posted: Sat, October 14th 2006 10:54am    Post subject:

Xaph, first of all, thank you for apologizing. Second that post of your's is a complete turn around from your attitude before. And it's a welcome sight. You obviously feel strong about the matter and I would hope anyone would - whether it was fair or not. And to see that you wish to stick around here, even after feeling cheated, is a sign that you belong here and I would be damned to see you leave now.

So thanks for taking this in a mature fashion. Anyone could have easily come in here and started flaming then left. But you stood up for yourself in a respectable manner and definately earned my respect.

I will support you (as a player) in anything you decide to do here. Of course, as long as it doesn't break any rules. Heh. So good luck with your faction and your plots. Have fun with it! ^_^
 Back to top »
Xaph
Cadet

Post Posted: Sat, October 14th 2006 11:15am    Post subject:

Quote:
You screwed up now you have to face up to it.

No, I didn't. Please don't talk about what you don't know.

Nubis, I hope you understand that you were talking to me in the heat of the moment. I had a night to sleep on it and realized I was better off without Thrawn anyway.
Nevin Antilles
CMAC Webmaster

Post Posted: Sat, October 14th 2006 12:11pm    Post subject:

CMAC doesn't have a grudge against you, secret buddy. :p But seriously, I admitted in the other thread we were in error in how we handled it. We should have institued the poll thing before we posted the thread. I'm very sorry about that. As for the Empire situation, I don't know. I'm not in the Empire anymore. I suggest you confront Ams and Swali about it (which I'm sure you've already done...if you want me to be there when you do, no problem).
Cadet

Post Posted: Sat, October 14th 2006 12:19pm    Post subject:

Quote:
CMAC doesn't have a grudge against you, secret buddy.

Ssh! They'll know! :p

And yes, I've tried to contact Ams, but to no avail, usually. That's why I sent that PM about the new faction.
Alatáriël Pallanén
ECP Member

Post Posted: Sun, October 15th 2006 12:49am    Post subject:

Luke Skywalker wrote:
Xaph, it's simple. CMAC have ruled, this isn't the supreme court, this is their game, there is no appeal. You screwed up now you have to face up to it.

Ironic.
Ravik Shadowstalker
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Sun, October 15th 2006 02:38am    Post subject:

Er, exactly what two months were you an Imperial Security officer? I kinda would have known if I had someone in my department and sure as hell woulda given you something to do...

Quote:
And not to mention, do you ban people straight out? No, you give them a warning. A warning I never recieved.

How exactly is this a ban?

Quote:
I CAN back this up, but I don't think that anyone will listen, so I won't.

I think theres a lot of people here who will listen, if you would only back up your statement ONCE.

595,000 credits.
3,800 Creds a week.

"The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you're already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able function as a soldier is supposed to function.Without mercy. Without compassion. Without remorse. All war depends upon it"

Ronald Spiers: I bet if you went back two thousand years, you'd hear a couple centurions standing around yakking about how Tertius lopped off the heads of some Carthaginian prisoners.

Carwood Lipton: Well, maybe they kept talking about it because they never heard Tertius deny it.

Ronald Spiers: Maybe that's because Tertius knew there was some value to the men thinking he was the meanest, toughest sonofabitch in the whole Roman Legion.
 Back to top »
Adolph Antario
Private

Post Posted: Sun, October 15th 2006 02:56am    Post subject:

Technically, Luke, this is a player's game, because without the players, what would CMAC's point be?

-- Former Adminstrator, Lead Physicist and Biochemical Advisor at the Northwater Laboratories
-- Administrator of the Devaron Institute of Science, Technology, and Research
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Xaph
Cadet

Post Posted: Sun, October 15th 2006 07:49am    Post subject:

Ravik Shadowstalker wrote:
Er, exactly what two months were you an Imperial Security officer? I kinda would have known if I had someone in my department and sure as hell woulda given you something to do...

As Coryndo Dana, my previous character. It's the reason you're on my MSN contact list, and I have logs that will show tit.

Quote:

How exactly is this a ban?

It's not, I'm comparing it to one, as they are both forms of punishment.
Lance Jerik
Corporal

Post Posted: Sun, October 15th 2006 08:57am    Post subject:

Guys, the conflict has already been resolved. Nevin apologized for not telling Xaph about the contest thread and the poll thread. Why hasn't a mod closed this? I mean there's nowhere it can really go besides flaming.

Back to top »
Gavin Onasi
Sergeant First Class

Post Posted: Sun, October 15th 2006 09:09am    Post subject:

As the guiness men would say:

BRILLIANT!

credits: 34,976,000,000 credits

"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
-Ganner Rhysode
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
CMAC Battlemaster

Post Posted: Sun, October 15th 2006 10:18am    Post subject:

Done. BRILLIANT!

Supreme Commander of the Central and Southern Galactic Segments, Director of Imperial Intelligence
Expand

Galaxy Map|Board and RPG Rules|Game Guide

"The Preying Mantis often sizes up a potential mate while wearing too much eyeliner..." - Velora

"You are so cool, you make James Bond proud..." - My Dad... sarcastically. Don't try to juggle cutlery. :p
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Questions and Suggestions » Thrawn's reclamation contest?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: