}
Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Devaron News Network (DNN) with Michael Bartom
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Holovision » Devaron News Network (DNN) with Michael Bartom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Petyr Baelish
Aedile

Post Posted: Mon, October 02nd 2006 12:51am    Post subject: Devaron News Network (DNN) with Michael Bartom

"Broadcasting news direct from the Sovereignty, this is the...

Devaron News Network

and I'm your host, Michael Bartom."

2084rpg.net - Business, science, intrigue, and rebellion.

"Pazaak bores me. I often suspect my opponent of cheating. I prefer predictable games, such as galactic economics."

Last edited by Ams Jendob on Mon, October 02nd 2006 01:30am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Petyr Baelish
Aedile

Post Posted: Mon, October 02nd 2006 01:56am    Post subject: Month 8; Day 17

Month 8; Day 17

Welcome to the Devaron News Network, I'm Michael Bartom for today's report of the Sovereignty.

- Top Story -

Today's top story, the Republic of Nespis launches it's first assault at the planet of Vulvarch with a fleet of moderate proportions. There was very little panic on the planet itself, as the attack had been anticipated for days and a fleet commanded by Vizier Taryargen had been stationed there to keep watch.

Analysists expect a victory for the Sovereignty in the first battle of the newly-named Nespis Wars, and losses are anticipated as minimal.

- Weather -

In the weather on Devaron today, we're anticipating partly cloudy in the Lannisport region with 55% chance of rain, temperatures ranging from highs of 52 to lows of 33 degrees standard.

Montellian Serat is still experiencing record highs in the 105 to 110 degree range, and these temperatures are expected to continue into next month.

That's been the News of the Sovereignty for today, and this is Michael Bartom saying,

You stay classy, Sovereignty!

"Pazaak bores me. I often suspect my opponent of cheating. I prefer predictable games, such as galactic economics."

Last edited by Petyr Baelish on Mon, October 02nd 2006 08:18pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Petyr Baelish
Aedile

Post Posted: Mon, October 02nd 2006 08:32pm    Post subject:

Month 8; Day 18

Welcome to the Devaron News Network, I'm Michael Bartom for today's report of the Sovereignty!

- Top Stories -

An easy victory at Vulvarch!
Sources have indicated that the Nespis forces are in retreat after experiencing only a visual taste of the Sovereignty's might!

Hunger strikes Antar

It's only mid-morning in Borat, Antar VII but, as DNN News Correspondent Cynthia Bowers reports, some of the food is already running out. Twice a month in the city, foodstuffs are in a shortage.

The Devaron National Guard has taken action by delivering simple foodstuffs via army barges, and a queue has formed.

One Devish citizen says of her food situation at home, "Well, my cupboards aren't real full, and my kids don't have a lot to choose from."

Many are embarrassed, and didn't want to talk, but they are far from alone. Each year an estimated 30 million people go hungry. Some places, like Borat, have it worse than others.

"We're not really on the bottom, but we're at a point where we still need the help," says supermarked worker James Villa.

Virginia Luzier admits to needing the help. She says without the trunkful of groceries she'd go hungry. "I just live on the WAP program, and that's not a very good living," she says.

The line makes clear that any economic recovery has bypassed this community. When it started two short years ago, volunteers fed 1700 families. Now it's well over the almost-50,000 that can't afford the rising foot pricings.

Antar VII is just one of at least a half dozen planets that has had food shortages in the past decade, but it is improving, says industry analyst Quipik'que'kamai, "Since the Sovereignty came, many of (our) families have risen to middle-class standards from poverty. The warlords that controlled us were brutal."

Not everyone is hungry, but many live on minimum wage. You have to make hard choices, they say, and the free food they receive means more money for children's education or in some cases buy life-saving medicine.

At the local office of Devaron's Food-Relief Center, a hunger organization that gave away 810 million pounds of food last year on Antar and Atzerri alone, donations are drying up at a terrible time. "We've seen an 18 percent increase in the demand for services in just the first three months of this year," says Hamler Podalski. "We're seeing a new phenomena. Last year's food bank donors are now this year's food bank clients."

More on this to come.

- Weather -

In the weather on Devaron today, we're anticipating heavy rain in the Lannisport region, and the we advise you stay clear of Intracity 25B, as an accident has backed up traffic for kilometers; temperatures will be ranging from highs of 59 to lows of 39 degrees standard.

Montellian Serat is still experiencing record highs in the 105 to 110 degree range, and these temperatures are expected to continue into next month.

That's been the News of the Sovereignty for today, and this is Michael Bartom saying,

Last edited by Petyr Baelish on Mon, October 02nd 2006 08:34pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Petyr Baelish
Aedile

Post Posted: Thu, October 05th 2006 07:04pm    Post subject:

Month 8; Day 21

Welcome to the Devaron News Network, I'm Michael Bartom for today's report of the Sovereignty.

- Top Story -

DHPC Says Stricter Air Pollution Standards Can Save Lives

The Devaron Health and Pollution Center says tighter restrictions on air pollution on Devaron could save lives. For the first time, the homeworld health body is issuing global guidelines for quality to raise awareness that pollution is an environmental concern that poses a serious health threat.

This is the first time the Devaron Health and Pollution Center is issuing air pollution standards for all regions of Devaron.

The Devaron Health and Pollution Center says reducing levels of one particular type of pollutant, known as particulate matter, could significantly cut deaths and deseases in polluted cities.

DHPC Director Elizabeth Spurgeon says these air pollutants have a serious impact on health. "If we look at what are the health problems caused by those air pollutants, we have to look at infectious respiratory infections, heart diseases and lung cancer, in particular," she said. "I am sure you all heard about asthma and chronic respiratory infections that are caused by those pollutants. These are all curable malfactors, but the lack thereof would save us billions."

The Devaron Health and Pollution Center says in many cities the annual levels of particulate matter exceed 70 micrograms per cubic meter. The new guidelines advise the level should be lower than 20 micrograms per cubic meter.

Neira says adherence to the new guidelines would mark a significant improvement in overall health.

"If we apply those various strict standards on air pollutants, our health can gain a lot," she said. "Concretely, we are convinced that we can reduce the mortality by 15 percent, if those standards that we are presenting here today are applied."

The Devaron Health and Pollution Center says many countries around the world do not have regulations on air pollution. It says governments have neglected this public health issue far too long.

- Weather -

In the weather on Devaron today, we're anticipating snow in the Lannisport region with temperatures ranging from highs of 31 to lows of -12 degrees standard. Snow is expected to stay for at least a month, and commuters that use highway CH-2 are advised to take alternate route through biway 104-E due to an accident on the road.

Back to top »
Star Wars: Episode VIII: Binds of Tyranny Forum Index » Holovision » Devaron News Network (DNN) with Michael Bartom
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: